Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) (35298 Views)

Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho / Governor Wike Dares IPOB Members To Harass Him Whenever He Travels To Europe / Buhari Travels To China With 4 Governors, 4 Senators, 9 Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by lalasticlala(m): 8:30am On Aug 18, 2021
Nigeria's Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed has travelled to the US to meet with top executives of popular microblogging site, Twitter.

SaharaReporters on Tuesday exclusively obtained a video showing the minister and Olusegun Adeyemi, Special Assistant to the President (Media), Office of the Minister of Information and Culture, in a Delta Airline heading to the US.

The Muhammadu Buhari-led government on June 5, 2021 indefinitely banned Twitter, restricting it from operating in Nigeria after the social media platform deleted tweets posted by Buhari.

Buhari's tweets, which many Nigerians found distasteful, had warned the Southeastern people of Nigeria against secession agenda, threatening to deal with them "in the language they understand". His comments referenced the Nigeria Civil War (1967-1970) in which an estimated 2 million South-Easterners died of starvation.

However, the Nigerian government claimed the ban was ultimately based on "a litany of problems with the social media platform in Nigeria, where misinformation and fake news spread through it have had real world violent consequences".

It also accused Twitter of threatening the corporate unity of Nigeria.

In the video obtained by SaharaReporters, Mohammed is seen trying to disguise with a baseball cap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTwspFgdhT4

A top source who disclosed the destination and the mission of the government team to SaharaReporters, said, "You can see Lai Mohammed trying to disguise with a face cap, he flew on seat 8A in the business class section of Delta Airline from Lagos to New York.

"He flew with his Special Assistant, Olusegun Adeyemi who took seat 8C in the business class."

This comes after a statement by Mohammed last Wednesday that Nigeria would soon lift its ban on Twitter after resolving some of its differences with the social media platform, signalling the end of a policy widely condemned as an affront to freedom of expression.

The ban was condemned by Amnesty International, Swedish Embassy and the British and Canadian missions in Nigeria.

Domestic organisations including the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) have challenged the ban in court.

Sadly, though many Nigerians have bypassed the ban by using Virtual Private Network (VPN), the already battered economy of the country loses a fortune every day to the ban.

For instance, as at August 6, British firm, Top10VPN estimated that the ban had affected around 104.4 million internet users in the country, and cost the country around $366.9 million. The firm made the calculations using a tool developed by internet governance watchdog organisation, Netblocks, and Internet Society, a US advocacy nonprofit.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/08/18/busted-buharis-minister-lai-mohammed-sneaks-out-nigeria-meet-top-twitter-executives-us

Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by HopeSpencer: 8:31am On Aug 18, 2021
VPN dey na.

Apart from the fact that I can't reach GTBank customer service through Twitter again, I don't think I need Twitter for anything.

If you ban nairaland, we will use VPN. Lobatan

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:32am On Aug 18, 2021
shocked

I thought Jack Dorsey ought to be the one to come to Nigeria since Liar-Lai Mohammed made us to understand that Twitter and his village people are on their knees begging Buhari and Nigeria have mercy on them??

Ndi Ala

432 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by Grace001: 8:33am On Aug 18, 2021
Na FG dey go meet twitter for US. I don’t want to believe this news, let’s wait for honorable Lie Muhammad to debunk the news by giving us full package of lies saying “Twitter is desperately begging FG” .

219 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by Kindness218: 8:36am On Aug 18, 2021
grin

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by lindamiller33: 8:36am On Aug 18, 2021
Lmao

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by Maxymilliano(m): 8:36am On Aug 18, 2021
Later he will come out to say Twitter is begging Nigeria government.

Evil people angry

150 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by money121(m): 8:36am On Aug 18, 2021
Seen
Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by psychologist(m): 8:36am On Aug 18, 2021
I thought they made us to understand that it was Twitter begging Nigeria

And Jack was on his knees ready to fly into Nigeria to resolve the Twitter ban grin.

VPN is enough for us abeg

94 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by ODJ124(m): 8:36am On Aug 18, 2021
grin

Clout chasing..

*THIS CHURCH NEAR MY HOME WILL NOT KILL ME WITH PRAYER POINT*WHICH ONE IS LORD PRESS MY ENEMIES LIKE AGEGE BREAD'* grin grin*also squeeze them like* bitter leaf cool

Thread seen...

11 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by chelseamann(m): 8:37am On Aug 18, 2021
Lol
Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by VillageElder(m): 8:37am On Aug 18, 2021
Lol
Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by falseprophet: 8:37am On Aug 18, 2021
Lols

After all the gragra na them go USA to settle the matter

i think say na twitter suppose beg?

I see Lai Muhammed going to answer some questions on behalf of their darling super corp

This i have seen!

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by handsomeyinka(m): 8:37am On Aug 18, 2021
THE MOMENT LAI MOHAMMED ENTERS TWITTER OFFICE

130 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by Risingblue008(m): 8:37am On Aug 18, 2021
Lai Lai ,,my real guy
U r amazing (Dr Dre's voice)

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by samuel19222(m): 8:37am On Aug 18, 2021
Damnnn niggarrr is not alright, a minister going to meet a social media company, Smh too bad

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 18, 2021
I’ve watched the video, and I’m still looking for where he’s trying to disguise with a baseball cap according to sowore.

Sowore too mumu abeg
undecided

11 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by Nackzy: 8:38am On Aug 18, 2021
Lie
Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by viktohmarkz(m): 8:38am On Aug 18, 2021
Is a wa
Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by cescky(m): 8:38am On Aug 18, 2021
Wankster...

So you barred Twitter..

Now spend time and money to go meet them.. Smh their going to beg Twitter be that..

Nigeria, am short of words..

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by obembet(f): 8:38am On Aug 18, 2021
He should go with Abba Kyari

26 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by MandGEnterprise: 8:38am On Aug 18, 2021
For security purpose, let him go with Abba kyarigrin

15 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 18, 2021
This is the end of initial gragra. Laslas baba enter flight to go and beg Jack for their unwise and undemocratic decision. Adamu Garba ought to be part of the delegation.

15 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by Cheapgadget(f): 8:38am On Aug 18, 2021
Lai is going to lie to Twitter in US

Can’t wait to see him begging Jack on his knees. Shading tears and expecting sympathy grin grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by cbrezy(m): 8:38am On Aug 18, 2021
HopeSpencer:
VPN dey na.

Apart from the fact that I can't reach GTBank customer service through Twitter again, I don't think I need Twitter for anything.

If you ban nairaland, we will use VPN. Lobatan

Sadly I make my daily bread from Twitter I managed Twitter account for a company and using VPN got the Twitter account of 29k followers was permanently suspended. sad

See if not for the ban I'd have been a happy man now. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by Okoroawusa: 8:39am On Aug 18, 2021
Saharareporters sef!

This thing wey una dey do na journalism?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Travels To The US To Meet With Twitter (video) by Skoonheid(f): 8:39am On Aug 18, 2021
you are to hand over this man lie Mohammed to Satan for the destruction of his body, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Hosted To A Dinner By Orji Kalu (Pictures) / 13 IPOB Commanders Shot Dead, Stolen INEC Device Recovered / ‘Nigeria’s Financial System Was Rotten’ — Tinubu Speaks On Emefiele’s Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.