Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,143 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks (35221 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Shoe Shining Empowerment In Borno / Dino Melaye On A Stretcher In The Court Room With Ben Murray-Bruce (Photos) / Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by adanny01(m): 12:18am On Feb 23, 2017
Nigerians are gullible. Imagine a Senator who supposedly has common sense.

My lawyer pays bribe, am i responsible for his actions?
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by Emassive(m): 12:34am On Feb 23, 2017
Paper definition
Antoeni:
Gift u don't ask but bribe ,u ask
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by Emassive(m): 12:36am On Feb 23, 2017
So the other lawyers that paid the judges in gifts too are what? Why do they have cases to answer with the dss and efcc. Use yiur head well abeg
adanny01:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by brasilia: 1:28am On Feb 23, 2017
Thewrath:
Simple.
It's a gift if it's from a northerner.
It's a bribe if it's from a southerner.
You can thank me later at the galleria in abuja cool.
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:50am On Feb 23, 2017
temitemi1:
it is a bribe when it is coming from the opposition while it becomes 'gift' when is been given by the Presidency... Buhari stink with corruption!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by DWJOBScom(m): 3:55am On Feb 23, 2017
Thewrath:
Simple.

easy my brother

no kill me with laughter na

easy o
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by Ruggedpen: 4:16am On Feb 23, 2017
Splinz:
The difference is that, if it is done by Buhari, then it is called a "gift". So aside Buhari, any other person that does same thing is termed "bribe".

If still in doubt, ask Lie Mahammed for further explanation. smiley
If the lie is not enough meet grand master to compose more.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by Ikigia: 4:27am On Feb 23, 2017
tete7000:

A bribe is a bribe. It is not a matter of quantity. Circumstance and intention are what define bribe. By the way everyone gives according to his capability. One can actually be outbribed if your opponent pays more. So your logic is not tenable.

1. read and digest:

www.nairaland.com/3643690/buhari-didnt-bribe-justice-ademola

2. He bribed a judge, and the same judge is one of the corrupt judges his administration fighting with??
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by achiphet(m): 5:25am On Feb 23, 2017
I just read the whole tread and comments. I need more comments to read please
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by Nobody: 6:00am On Feb 23, 2017
Hmm
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by rasputinn(m): 6:18am On Feb 23, 2017
Onechancearmy:
When PDP does it, it's a bribe

When the dullard does it, it's a gift
temitemi1:
it is a bribe when it is coming from the opposition while it becomes 'gift' when is been given by the Presidency... Buhari stink with corruption!!!
Thewrath:
Simple.
sekundosekundo:
"A gift given in secret, will make the Judge not to be angry with you". ..PROVERBS 21:14.

"Only a wicked Judge will accept gift in other to favour you in judgement"....PROVERBS 17:23

Buhari and the judge are corrupt elements.

I agree absolutely with all of the above
It just exposes the hypocrisy and deceit of Buhari as a person and theconsequent laughable hypocrisy of the so-called fight against corruption of his directionless government.
Change Corruption indeed begins with Buhari and his close friends

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by tete7000(m): 6:33am On Feb 23, 2017
Ikigia:

1. read and digest:

www.nairaland.com/3643690/buhari-didnt-bribe-justice-ademola

2. He bribed a judge, and the same judge is one of the corrupt judges his administration fighting with??

The case is before the court and the statement was made by a witness in a case before the court, it is prejudicial for anyone to make any justification on the matter. Only the court can make the final statement. I don't care what Adesina or anyone else says. I really don't expect them as Buhari's subject to say anything than that which exonerate their boss.

That apart, I personally don't believe the presidency has the moral right to talk on the matter that predates Buhari's presidency and is totally unrelated to him in his official capacity as the president. No one said he received bribe as president, so why should presidency be defending him? That itself is morally wrong, it constitutes abuse of office and it is part of the problem I have with Buhari's set up, they want to fight corruption but basic moral concept, they can't digest.

Finally that he once bribeb someone, (going by your logic) doesn't mean he can't come around and fight that person. Technical matter shouldnt be pursued on sentiments. What constitute a bribe? Could the said gift be labelled a bribe? Those are questions that should be answered and once those are in affirmative no other justifcation or press statement can exonerate our president.

Is this not the same man who once said he has only a million naira in his account but has been found out to live his life in uk - his doctor is in uk, all his children school in uk. Can a million naira account finance those expenses? Buhari's antecedence doesn't portray him as a truthful person. Stop being naive and believing every lie you are sold. Wise up!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 6:45am On Feb 23, 2017
freekick:
Bribe get returns while Gift no get returns. Bruce get sense now

Olodo.com

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by RillJ(m): 6:52am On Feb 23, 2017
Considering the source, the ‘gift’ could never and will never be a bribe. Just like the N500m taken from ‘HemTiHen’, it was done in good faith.
Somebody tell me why am I not shocked.
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by Awoo88: 7:12am On Feb 23, 2017
soflygerian:
Femi Adesina vs Lai Mohammed. Whose winning the lie war??
How can any win a lying war against lie Muhammad? Adesina and Co can only learn and tried to be like the master Muhammad.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by Realist2: 7:14am On Feb 23, 2017
Buhari is the most Corrupt Nigeria Politician in recent times.
Every of his thing is built on Fraud, his Waec certificate, Asset declaration, his real age, his proclaiming 'one Nigeria ' , his so called ' integrity ' , his anti-corruption stance and his lopsided appointments. No wonder he can't get anything right, his corrupt tenets stink. He is a corruption personified.
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by biridon(m): 8:27am On Feb 23, 2017
"BRIBE" is when PDP gives GIFT.
"GIFT" is when APC gives BRIBE.
Example: If Judas were in APC, the 30 pieces of silver he received would have been a GIFT.

Dyke Chukwudi Mac Daniels

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by Splashme: 8:42am On Feb 23, 2017
temitemi1:

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by adanny01(m): 8:57am On Feb 23, 2017
Emassive:
So the other lawyers that paid the judges in gifts too are what? Why do they have cases to answer with the dss and efcc. Use yiur head well abeg

Buhari's lawyer and the rest of the lawyers who gave gifts are all corrupt. The matter i am pointing out is that the people the lawyers are representing may not know of the bribe so cannot be responsible and may not be regarded as corrupt.

We all know, lawyers go out of their way to win cases and get paid so they do even illegal things. Use your head.
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by 2016v2017: 10:28am On Feb 23, 2017
sekundosekundo:
"A gift given in secret, will make the Judge not to be angry with you". ..PROVERBS 21:14.

"Only a wicked Judge will accept gift in other to favour you in judgement"....PROVERBS 17:23

Buhari and the judge are corrupt elements.
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by 2016v2017: 10:29am On Feb 23, 2017
Thewrath:
Simple.
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by Jokerman(m): 10:29am On Feb 23, 2017
So Buhari bribed....
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by 2016v2017: 10:30am On Feb 23, 2017
Onechancearmy:
When PDP does it, it's a bribe

When the dullard does it, it's a gift
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by 2016v2017: 10:31am On Feb 23, 2017
TippyTop:
Bubu logic: Buhari gives gift but others give bribe.
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by Jokerman(m): 10:36am On Feb 23, 2017
adanny01:

Why is Jonathan responsible for Diezani or Yakubu??
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by Sunnyja: 11:08am On Feb 23, 2017
First it was Dasuki telling Nigerians how he gave Buhari 300k dollars and cars Femi Adesina said it was Buhari's entitlement. The truth is that Buhari 's entitlement ought to come from the SGF and not Dasuki. Now it's a gift not a bribe. What a country. APC has savagely reduced this country to a state of nothingness.
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by adanny01(m): 11:50am On Feb 23, 2017
Jokerman:

Why is Jonathan responsible for Diezani or Yakubu??

Looks like you are truely a Jokerman.

Does Jonathan have any case in court like Diezani or Yakub? Are both of them not facing their own charges? What is the charge for Jonathan? Why is it that Dasuki is in jail but Jonathan is not? Every body is responsible for his own actions.

Buhari's lawyer is only responsible for his own actions yet alot of Nigerians want to see Buhari roped to any corruption charge for what aim. CCT chairman escaped the same kind of thing because his PA was directly responsible but not him.

It seems Nigerians or majority of Nlanders wish to see that Buhari is corrupt or wish that corruption never ends in this country.
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by chimerase2: 12:55pm On Feb 23, 2017
madridguy:
Twitter warrior.
1500 naira paid zombie
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by orisa37: 1:08pm On Feb 23, 2017
Give with the Wrong hand and Bribe with the Right hand.
Re: What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks by orisa37: 1:11pm On Feb 23, 2017
The former is Wrongteousness, and the latter Righteousness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chinese Men Support Obiano In Anambra During Solidarity Rally (Photos) / How Army Free Vaccination Caused Pandemonium In Igboland / South-East Makes Progress On Self Development, Rail Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.