Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,084 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) - Education (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) (47896 Views)

ASUU: Our Public Universities Are Still Unsafe For Reopening / Diamond Bank ICT Center Donated To Covenant University (Photos) / How Federal Universities Are Covering Up Corruption And Sexual Harassment-SERAP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 6:16am On Feb 26, 2017
AustinDBeloved:
OAU Space Law Team Recalls How It Made Africa Proud in Mexico
by Tobi Adebowale | Oct 27, 2016 | News | 0 Comments
A team of three students from the Faculty of Law, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife in Osun State recently made the nation and indeed the continent proud.
The team appeared as Africa’s representatives at the 2016 World Rounds of the Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court Competition held in Guadalajara in Mexico where this year’s International Astronautical Congress (IAC) also held.
The team leader, Adekemi Timilehin narrates the experience to Lawyard:
Having obtained the ticket to represent Africa in the World round of 2016 Manfred Lach moot court competition in Guadalajara, Mexico, the mountain looked insurmountable. However, before I continue this story, let me stress that my team is grateful to God because He alone made it possible.
We journeyed to Abuja in a bid to get sponsorship for the competition. Our budget was N7.3m and it was obvious that we could not sponsor ourselves.
By His grace and after several discussions, the Ministry of Science and Technology agreed to sponsor us.
Rehearsals were intense because we knew our opponents were equally good. Having obtained the needed documents and sponsorship, we left Abuja for Mexico on 24th of September.
We had a connecting flight to Paris before we headed to Mexico. We arrived Mexico Sunday night (Mexican Time). We settled down and waited until the next day to visit the conference centre for registration and other preliminary matters.
At the Semi finals, we faced McGill Institute of Air and Space Law, Canada representing North America region and we won. Our win was not borne out of luck but what I call favour because the Canadian team was also very good.
The judges however commented that they liked our structure of argument and responses to questions. Hence they saw us as the better team to proceed to the finals.
Meanwhile, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens representing Europe region defeated Curtin University, Australia representing Asia-Pacific region at the semifinals to equally qualify to the world round.
The final held on a Thursday and both teams were fully prepared.
The final was presided over by sitting International Court of Justice (ICJ) judges; Judge Xue, Judge Peter Tomka and Judge Grevian. The chief judge was Judge Tomka, being the vice-president of the ICJ.
We argued for the Applicant while Athens argued for the Respondent.
At the end of both arguments, space law experts walked up to us and congratulated us on our success but unfortunately when the ICJ Judges came in, they decided in favour of the respondent. In other words, Athens won.
The Hall was dead silent as it took some time for persons in the court room to congratulate the Europe team.
In all we thank God. We left Mexico the next day, that is Friday and arrived Nigeria safely.
Editor’s note: The Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court competition is held in different regions across the world annually. The Champions of the regional competition then meet at the World Rounds usually held as part of the International Astronautical Congress (IAC).
The Nigerian team from Obafemi Awolowo University in Ile-Ife emerged African champions earlier in the year.
The Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court competition is organised by the International Institute of Space Law (IISL) . Where was CU

This article is too long not to have link
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 6:16am On Feb 26, 2017
AustinDBeloved:
OAU’s TH wins Microsoft Imagine Cup

ON APRIL 21, 201612:20 AMIN EDUCATIONCOMMENTS

By Amaka Abayomi

Otaru Babatunde, Oyatope Blessing, Shoaga Victor, and Ayodele Obasegun of Team Humane of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, have won the National Finals of the 2016 edition of Microsoft Nigeria Imagine Cup.

Now in its ninth year, Microsoft Imagine Cup is the premier students’ technology programme and competition, and a cornerstone of the Microsoft YouthSpark initiative which provides the opportunity for student technologists, developers and aspiring entrepreneurs to collaborate, develop a technology application, create a business plan and gain a keen understanding of what is needed to bring a concept to market. Competing in the World Citizenship Category, Team Humane came up with a solution for the visually impaired which enables them to interact and navigate freely on their mobile phones.

The solution comes with an accompanying hardware known as the Humane handle, which interacts with apps installed on a device using Bluetooth. A visually impaired person would be able to navigate through various apps installed on his/her mobile phone using the handle and an integrated voice navigation system.

According to the team lead, Ayodele Obasegun, “we were concerned about solving a major challenge hence we embark on this project. We have been developing solutions for various organizations and we felt a need to impact our community and the world as a whole, thus, this solution for the visually impaired which was initially targeted at gaming for the visually impaired, but later we felt we can do more than gaming.”

Also speaking, Director, Developer Evangelism, Microsoft Nigeria, Shina Oyetosho, explained that “Microsoft is committed in empowering students to become the next generation of innovators, entrepreneurs and developers, and the competition inspires student developers around the world to create innovative solutions that change the way we live, work and play while also growing the skills they need to pursue a future in technology.” Where is Covenant.

Where did you copy this and othere from? Do the needful.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 6:17am On Feb 26, 2017
AustinDBeloved:
OAU Space Law Team Recalls How It Made Africa Proud in Mexico
by Tobi Adebowale | Oct 27, 2016 | News | 0 Comments
A team of three students from the Faculty of Law, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife in Osun State recently made the nation and indeed the continent proud.
The team appeared as Africa’s representatives at the 2016 World Rounds of the Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court Competition held in Guadalajara in Mexico where this year’s International Astronautical Congress (IAC) also held.
The team leader, Adekemi Timilehin narrates the experience to Lawyard:
Having obtained the ticket to represent Africa in the World round of 2016 Manfred Lach moot court competition in Guadalajara, Mexico, the mountain looked insurmountable. However, before I continue this story, let me stress that my team is grateful to God because He alone made it possible.
We journeyed to Abuja in a bid to get sponsorship for the competition. Our budget was N7.3m and it was obvious that we could not sponsor ourselves.
By His grace and after several discussions, the Ministry of Science and Technology agreed to sponsor us.
Rehearsals were intense because we knew our opponents were equally good. Having obtained the needed documents and sponsorship, we left Abuja for Mexico on 24th of September.
We had a connecting flight to Paris before we headed to Mexico. We arrived Mexico Sunday night (Mexican Time). We settled down and waited until the next day to visit the conference centre for registration and other preliminary matters.
At the Semi finals, we faced McGill Institute of Air and Space Law, Canada representing North America region and we won. Our win was not borne out of luck but what I call favour because the Canadian team was also very good.
The judges however commented that they liked our structure of argument and responses to questions. Hence they saw us as the better team to proceed to the finals.
Meanwhile, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens representing Europe region defeated Curtin University, Australia representing Asia-Pacific region at the semifinals to equally qualify to the world round.
The final held on a Thursday and both teams were fully prepared.
The final was presided over by sitting International Court of Justice (ICJ) judges; Judge Xue, Judge Peter Tomka and Judge Grevian. The chief judge was Judge Tomka, being the vice-president of the ICJ.
We argued for the Applicant while Athens argued for the Respondent.
At the end of both arguments, space law experts walked up to us and congratulated us on our success but unfortunately when the ICJ Judges came in, they decided in favour of the respondent. In other words, Athens won.
The Hall was dead silent as it took some time for persons in the court room to congratulate the Europe team.
In all we thank God. We left Mexico the next day, that is Friday and arrived Nigeria safely.
Editor’s note: The Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court competition is held in different regions across the world annually. The Champions of the regional competition then meet at the World Rounds usually held as part of the International Astronautical Congress (IAC).
The Nigerian team from Obafemi Awolowo University in Ile-Ife emerged African champions earlier in the year.
The Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court competition is organised by the International Institute of Space Law (IISL) . Where was CU

This article is too long not to have link
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by abbey086(m): 3:59pm On Feb 28, 2017
privilykept:
Waoh .. Cool story ;8

Meanwhile, 1500VA pure sine wave inverter for sale for N19500 only.

Fairly used in good working conditions..

No batteries oo!!

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by maryjabeez: 7:32pm On Feb 28, 2017
LordZero:

Leave him alone o..

I downloaded one of their so called research publications(msc thesis to be precise) back then while I was doing my undergraduate(BSc) project research. Reading through the literary review alone, I could see a lot of inconsistencies and I had to show one junior lecturer in my department, he just told me to look for other articles. This same thesis was signed by not less than 5 profs (most of which are visiting lecturers).

Anyone can upload anything. . It's all about the quality and not the quantity. .

Wanted skipping this topic, I hate arguments but that thing u said "any one can upload anything" is half true. This is because high impact journals, scopus index don't upload rubbish. Please research before u speak and I know CU hardly sponsors articles that are not accepted by these indexes. My paper took close to a year for review and extra 3 months to be publish.

Please don't speak in anger, because I know what I go through before even publishing a paper. Asides that, those journals / articles in high impact and scopus index u can't easily find them lying around u have to be registered before u can even read or download.

I have also downloaded papers from sm federal universities and cldnt read past the abstract.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by quenton02: 7:45pm On Jun 12, 2017
Hey bro, the must important form of education Is self development, in the real world things like this don't matter without self development.
The increase in depression among youth of this current age (20-30) is 25% higher than that of the previous age(30-50), suicide rate increases every year, lack of self-confidence, under-developed physical body(which leads to discomfort), the list goes on and on.
All this are being neglected in most universities round the world, nigeria being one of them. Comparing different parties only create problems(the US vs THEM mentality), effort that should be invested self development, what is a school when individuals leave with poor mentality.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by CodeTemplar: 11:24am On Jun 08, 2018
Handsomecole:
@ OP I didn't bother reading your all your epistle . I only have one question for you.

How much is your school fees as compared to how much your federal University counterparts pay??

The answer will put to rest all these you have put up, you don't have to struggle or kill yourself with researching just to proove that your school is better than OAU and other Universities.

With all you have written even your "headmaster" am sorry I mean VC knows that your lesson or university as you call it can never stand OAU Great IFE in anything I mean anything. Even as it stand we have "whites" flocking down to OAU as students and even as lecturers. So don't kill yasef. What is Great is already Great!!

Are u aware the average federal uni gets N12bn annually. That translates to N430k per student per year for schools like UI. Keep bragging with your taxpayers subsidized certificate there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Oladoyinipede: 6:52am On May 31, 2020
H
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by SonOfEl(m): 1:34pm On May 31, 2020

Do I need to list out best universities in the world that are barely 30yrs of age.
Nobody cares about age in this generation, this is a result oriented planet if Harvard were to be slack, Universities are waiting to take over from them. hence, they ensure that with each year going bye they better their own best records. This whole idea of "Seniority makes you Better" is the same philosophy that has ruined Nigeria. We have Old senators who are as backward thinking as they can get yet we still prevent the young generation from taking over. CU is a young university which as produced the registrar from its alumni base before, the current Living Faith pilot is a CU graduate(with no professional experience) who now flies the Ministerial missions jet, the current Faith theatre(biggest worship sanctuary in the world) was designed by a CU student. There is nothing wrong in trying to achieve great things young. CU is the youngest uni in top 100 Africa and we are ready to be youngest world class university. Any body claiming to be a CU student and doesn't try to achieve great things young must be an impostor...

Let's put this way. Every University need the minimum criteria to be accredited as a standard University.

Whether your uni has the best facility or not does not translate to producing competitive and competent graduates.

Best facilities does not correlate to best graduates. All an intelligent student need is a school that meets the minimum requirements for a standard University.

In view of these, The products are more important in making a reputable institution.

UI, UNN, UNILAG, OAU, ABU, UNIBEN, FUTO all have alumni of international repute making their almamater. Where is CU in all these?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Mom Cries Out, Shares Chat With Son Who Tried To Defraud Her / An Owl Caught In A School Ceiling!!!! / Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.