Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) (47990 Views)

ASUU: Our Public Universities Are Still Unsafe For Reopening / Diamond Bank ICT Center Donated To Covenant University (Photos) / How Federal Universities Are Covering Up Corruption And Sexual Harassment-SERAP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 23, 2017
sanchos9607:

His research may be verifiable, but he hasn't gone out of his way to prove the possibility of counter research that nullifies his claims.

Someone incontrovertibly mentioned on this topic the availability of academic works in those government institutions, which are not available online. The op had made no attempt to acknowledge their existence, neither has he attempted to gauge their value as a counter to his argument. This puts his research credibility in doubt.
No they actually exist online. For instance OAU's top research for this week is about remediation which garnered less than 500 reads(which is good) while CU's top publication for this week which is about wireless charging using a particular design and it has garnered 10k reads, which is exceptional as I haven't seen such in a while. Also some weeks back a CU student created an electric bicycle which he published and did gather about 1,000 reads. UI's second most read journal is from the department of zoology(I can't remember d title). So all Nigerian schools maintain an open access and that's why they are ranked by webometrics. Which by the way as ranked CU higher than OAU for the past two years.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Tiffany1(f): 7:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
The Problem With Our Fed Universities Is That, It Is Not Well Funded Coupled With Poor Administration.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 7:44pm On Feb 23, 2017
SonOfEl:

1. Easy boy....what "points" are you referring too? OPs points? your points? Mtcheeeeew......

2. What have your CU achieved that has not being tripled or quadrupled by UI, UNN, etc.

3. Thank God you know..... What happens to CU if by any chance they suffer underfunding? At least govt can still put v their school on "life support". Harvard get most of its fundings from govt, though its a private school. I am watching the tenacity of your CUs " consistency.

1. Yes man, Referring to all the points in the so far irrefutable claims in the post. I'm the OP.

2. Of course they are great achievers and for now, they can continue living in their past glory

3. Let us wait until them. No need to make argument on assumptions. Till then man, let's wait and see what happens!
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 23, 2017
SonOfEl:

Thank God you know..... What happens to CU if by any chance they suffer underfunding? At least govt can still put v their school on "life support". Harvard get most of its fundings from govt, though its a private school. I am watching the tenacity of your CUs " consistency.
BTW don't get it twisted many private unis are already fighting to be included in TETFUND. Truly, we ought to be included in TETFUND because the students in privatr unis are also Nigerians and the money for TETFUND is obtained from the PRIVATE sector hence Private unis can't be excluded. So in due season we would join the likes of Jabu and age bablola to fight for TETFUND.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by SonOfEl(m): 7:48pm On Feb 23, 2017
Statsocial:

BTW don't get it twisted many private unis are already fighting to be included in TETFUND. Truly, we ought to be included in TETFUND because the students in privatr unis are also Nigerians and the money for TETFUND is obtained from the PRIVATE sector hence Private unis can't be excluded. So in due season we would join the likes of Jabu and age bablola to fight for TETFUND.

Till then....
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by SonOfEl(m): 7:52pm On Feb 23, 2017
TheVictorious:

1. Yes man, Referring to all the points in the so far irrefutable claims in the post. I'm the OP.

2. Of course they are great achievers and for now, they can continue living in their past glory

3. Let us wait until them. No need to make argument on assumptions. Till then man, let's wait and see what happens!

I thought you wanted to exit your thread? U are so juvenile.

Past glory? I laugh at your ignorance. Why not stop embarrassing yourself by going to www.ui.edu.ng or even www.unn.edu.ng and see what is going on in these unis? Your conjectures are laced with ignorance and naivety.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
SonOfEl:

You only about CU.....you don't know about UI, UNN, OAU, etc....Go to their sites and see things for yourself.

www.ui.edu.ng
www.unn.edu.ng
www.oau.edu.ng
etc etc etc
I am fully aware of events and global contributions of most Nigerian universities and I understand that they have potentials for greatness but the fg is holding them back. Hence, the time is over for the likes of OAU to determine what Nigerian education looks like. We would bring a new meaning to quality education and we are committed to being one of the best in the world. In the next few years you won't be able to compare CU with any FG uni because we are going for the top.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 7:58pm On Feb 23, 2017
SonOfEl:

I will give you just three quotes:

1." necessity is the mother of invention"

"A smooth sea can never make a great sailor"

"When the going gets tough, the tough gets going"

Digest it and learn.

1. Through provided there is enough material for the invention that the necessity has created. If not why do foreign countries produce what is needed in Africa that they themselves don't need?

2. Yes but a great sailor needs a good ship. A very bad ship may drown a good sailor.

3. Very true. One that gets tough when the going gets though must surely have flown if the going was better!
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 8:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
SonOfEl:

I thought you wanted to exit your thread? U are so juvenile.

Past glory? I laugh at your ignorance. Why not stop embarrassing yourself by going to www.ui.edu.ng or even www.unn.edu.ng and see what is going on in these unis? Your conjectures are laced with ignorance and naivety.

Oga put forward your points and counter the 10 points raised here. You have relegated to insults.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 8:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
zeongeon:
The problem with us in Nigeria is that we hate the truth coupled with the fact that we are envious.. The OP stated his claims with fact but we rather remain in the dark.

The people bashing OP if they have the means tomorrow won't even send there kids to the public universities they themselves went to. it's a known truth that the educational system in Nigeria is screwed.

The public universities are only living in there past glory. They can't be compared to CU presently. Go to our public universities and then you will see why the elites either send the kids abroad or to CU.

You know the truth.

Can you imagine that nobody have been able to counter any of the 10 points up till now? Not even one!
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by SonOfEl(m): 8:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
TheVictorious:

1. Through provided there is enough material for the invention that the necessity has created. If not why do foreign countries produce what is needed in Africa that they themselves don't need?

2. Yes but a great sailor needs a good ship. A very bad ship may drown a good sailor.

3. Very true. One that gets tough when the going gets though must surely have flown if the going was better!

Your responses are juvenile and shallow. You still see this public universities in Africa's map of academic reputation even from 2007 to 2017. So the ship is not bad, it meets the minimum requirements of a good standard ship at the least.

Like I stated earlier, other responses you gave are shallow.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by SonOfEl(m): 8:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
TheVictorious:

Oga put forward your points and counter the 10 points raised here. You have relegated to insults.

You wanted your thread to attract huge traffic, we have helped you with that. Asides that, you have not achieved anything on this thread. Keep masturbĪ€ting on your "CU superiority"..... it helps the mind.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 8:08pm On Feb 23, 2017
lonelygem:

recall: your CVs never forget to indicate "ability to work under pressure in pursuit of objectives with little or no supervision. "

abi you Don forget?

You must have the working skills first, say the work you can do, devices you can handled, when and for how long you have handled them if not that does not mean anything.

Even office cleaners (it's not a bad profession though - don't get me wrong) include "ability to work under pressure in pursuit of objectives with little or no supervision." in their CV but the question is which work!

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by SonOfEl(m): 8:09pm On Feb 23, 2017
Statsocial:

I am fully aware of events and global contributions of most Nigerian universities and I understand that they have potentials for greatness but the fg is holding them back. Hence, the time is over for the likes of OAU to determine what Nigerian education looks like. We would bring a new meaning to quality education and we are committed to being one of the best in the world. In the next few years you won't be able to compare CU with any FG uni because we are going for the top.

Let's hope so. For now your superiority assertions are premature, and for the op, delusional.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 8:13pm On Feb 23, 2017
happybrother:
Kill me or spare my opinion, the op stated fact. Though my stand is not on how bad our bests are but how better we can make our "goods".
The stated fact about these lines of comparison can push us and our edu-sector managers to do better but my doubt still remains about a country and it's people who envies the good. The system is such that people in this country like to praise non-performance.
CU IS BETTER THAN THE FEDS.

Hmmm..... wise words, NOTED!
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by SonOfEl(m): 8:14pm On Feb 23, 2017
TheVictorious:

Hypocrite..... I hope pastor oyedepo cautions you people on that. If so, then you should be ashamed of yourself. Your insults are glaring. I am not even lifting a muscle to prove anything cos I have nothing to prove. Its your burden not mine.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 8:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
Shygirl1989:
I wonder why cu students and alumni try very hard to prove they are worth anything..... I'm yet to see anyone do anything substantial and worth talking about and not prying on what someone else has already built.
Well they say
"empty vessels make the loudest noise"

1. Imagine the insult to University of Ibadan.....smh
2. Glorified secondary schools. How many multi national companies employ from private universities,
3. they only do so when they have augmented their akara certificatescertificates with foreign masters degree certificates.
Please this OP should check his facts right before annoying us with this nonsense he posted,
#walksoutofthread

If only you can just see how intellectually deficient those points are

Specifically the kind of people I intended to expose with my thread. "Given to sentiments but blind to facts"

Points driven home!
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by sanchos9607(m): 8:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
TheVictorious:

No I wouldn't do the counter argument. Before proceeding to put forward my points I lucidly stated what necessitated this post; which I don't think you read and I won't proceed to lift out points from the post to correct you either.

If you can't read and understand what is the point commenting? It would even have been better if you simply asked questions.

My response therefore is this.

Seen!
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by sanchos9607(m): 8:29pm On Feb 23, 2017
SonOfEl:

Let's hope so. For now your superiority assertions are premature, and for the op, delusional.

A couple of quick questions. Will CU have still survived or thrived had federal universities been properly funded? Is CU not merely a vulture feeding on the carcass of Nigeria's failed education system?

On the other hand. I've been to CU and I was overwhelmingly impressed with what I saw. It's an amazing institution considering its in Nigeria. Kudos. But be more humble and let others blow your trumpet. Your day in the sun will come. But while it tarries, don't curdle the milk.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Duru009(m): 8:30pm On Feb 23, 2017
TheVictorious:

I know the schools I mentioned in this post and it (CU, Landmark, ABUAD, etc.) cant be any of them.

Are u aware that 80% of programs run by landmark university are not accredited by the NUC.......

Say things u know. Some of the lecturer there are my friends......

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 8:30pm On Feb 23, 2017
irepsuccess:
that is not true. more than 80percent of CU lecturers are products of FG University and most them enrol their wards into public universities. if u say life is easier at CU, I concur but saying that they are better, I disagree. wait sef, CU isn't even the best in Nigeria according to all rankings and can you compare the number of foreign students in public universities to that of CU (that's if they have foreign students) if truly they are the better, foreigners wont opt-in to FG universities.

1. So you mean the harder the better you you. Continue!

2. A bogus claim you can't defend. Let's not go there.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 8:32pm On Feb 23, 2017
sanchos9607:

My response therefore is this.

Seen!

Okay!
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by SonOfEl(m): 8:34pm On Feb 23, 2017
For the sane people viewing this thread, I thank you for not giving OP the satisfaction of trying in the name of "PROOFS" to rub shoulders with our prestigious public universities. He craves attention, and we have given him the bit he deserves.

That noted. I have respect for CU. If not for the juvenile assertions of the OP, you probably would read positive remarks about CU from me (which I even did on this thread despite the negativities).

CU is making genuine efforts in advancing African universities, but they can't achieve it alone, their chancellor knew this, that was why he got profs from public universities and beyond. It is only on this thread that CU is superior over these public universities.Pardon the OP.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 8:35pm On Feb 23, 2017
Duru009:

Are u aware that 80% of programs run by landmark university are not accredited by the NUC.......

Say things u know. Some of the lecturer there are my friends......

80% bros cool down know. Okay I don't doubt you and I don't believe you either. Any proof?

The bolded does not mean anything in relationship to our discussion. sorry.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by SonOfEl(m): 8:36pm On Feb 23, 2017
sanchos9607:

A couple of quick questions. Will CU have still survived or thrived had federal universities been properly funded? Is CU not merely a vulture feeding on the carcass of Nigeria's failed education system?

On the other hand. I've been to CU and I was overwhelmingly impressed with what I saw. It's an amazing institution considering its in Nigeria. Kudos. But be more humble and let others blow your trumpet. Your day in the sun will come. But while it tarries, don't curdle the milk.

Thank you my brother. I hope OP reads these.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 8:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
givenchi1:
baba,leave dis long Torie, a good product needs no much advert

I wrote what necessitated this post in my first paragraph, which I don't think you read!
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by SonOfEl(m): 8:42pm On Feb 23, 2017
cc: TheVictorious
SonOfEl:
For the sane people viewing this thread, I thank you for not giving OP the satisfaction of trying in the name of "PROOFS" to rub shoulders with our prestigious public universities. He craves attention, and we have given him the bit he deserves.

That noted. I have respect for CU. If not for the juvenile assertions of the OP, you probably would read positive remarks about CU from me (which I even did on this thread despite the negativities).

CU is making genuine efforts in advancing African universities, but they can't achieve it alone, their chancellor knew this, that was why he got profs from public universities and beyond. It is only on this thread that CU is superior over these public universities.Pardon the OP.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 8:44pm On Feb 23, 2017
asuustrike2009:

That's not enough prove to disprove what op said. You need to come up with concrete prove not be sentimental

Help me tell them oh, waiting patiently since morning.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by SonOfEl(m): 8:52pm On Feb 23, 2017
cc: TheVictorious

Those of you boosting OP's morale by demanding for "proofs" to prove superiority, I suggest you don't waste your precious time embarrassing yourselves. The websites of these public schools eg UI, UNN, OAU, etc are there to answer your "demands". The facts are there, they are not hidden.

Learn to tell yourselves the truth and stop masturbĪ€ting over nothing. That said, I leave you in peace (or pieces) whichever one you choose.

A word is enough....
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Outofsync(m): 8:54pm On Feb 23, 2017
Statsocial:

When I did my SIWES programme in NBC. The vast majority of public university students could not handle an ordinary microscope- [b]My sister went through a public university and never saw a microscope as a microbiology student till she graduated.[/b]Most of the Public university students could not Culture or subculture at 300 Level! So don't come here with ur single story as we all have one....
undecided
Which public university did your sister go too
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 8:55pm On Feb 23, 2017
LordIsaac:

This is a masterpiece. An epic response. The guy almost had me. Thanks for making him see the weakness of his argument!

No it isn't, I've duly replied him!
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 8:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
DMainMan:

I concur CU graduates are doing very well. Apart from the education, they also teach them valuable life skills, such as communication and persuasive skills. That is y most are being employed today. Those guys pass aptitude tests anyhow because they teach them onset in their curriculum. They have the highest success rate.

Unlike the federal counterpart where u will see a first class graduate who cannot communicate in simple English. Who will employ him or her? Truth is the government need to enforce and finance our public education system. The indiscipline and awkwardness cannot be overemphasized.

The truth has got no hiding place!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria / Help Me To Congratulate My Brother For His Waec / Difference Between Successful And Unsuccessful People (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.