Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) (47960 Views)

ASUU: Our Public Universities Are Still Unsafe For Reopening / Diamond Bank ICT Center Donated To Covenant University (Photos) / How Federal Universities Are Covering Up Corruption And Sexual Harassment-SERAP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 24, 2017
Shygirl1989:

like you too cool cool cool kiss kiss,but let me bust your bubble,the only way a serious money making establishment takes private university graduands is that they have masters from good schools especially from foregin.i work for a multinational as a HR person,so i know. if you go to federal universities,many of them are there doing their masters,personaly i know a lot in UNILAG and UI doing their masters,if they were all that,why not go back to your alma mater.
personal developement is key,regardless of the school you left from, the article from the op,was the most childish thing i've seen.
like i said,if something is good,you dont need to brag,
"by their fruits,you shall know them"
Well i won't be doing my MSc in Nigeria but i would have gone back to CU if i wasn't. Truly prior to 2015 most of our graduates would either seek postgrad studies in foreign schools or sometimes federal Nigerian unis and there are many reasons for that. But actually the last time i was in CU i did see some of our BSc graduates studying their Masters in Covenant uni.

As regards you throwing out the application of graduates from private unis well continue if that makes you feel good. Personally, i may rep CU so much because of the change it brought to my life but i do not look up to my certificate to be distinguished in Life as i believe many CU students would not either. There are people who attended Harvard and are miserable so I believe favour and distinction comes from God. As long as i align my self with God NOBODY can stop me whether in the corporate world or academia. If you look at the Covenant university logo it has two drops of blood - my(every student) blood and the blood of Christ, therefore, it is a Covenant between God and us. A covenant of relevance, distinction and greatness. So our success isn't in ur hands. Don't be shocked if some time soon a CU alumnus buys off your Company sef.
Anyway nuff said I still like you tho wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 11:50am On Feb 24, 2017
Duru009:

It means that you are not adequately informed... .
Or you are adequately misinformed? Feel free to tell me one single course not accredited in Landmark university.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 24, 2017
mathology5431:
Its too pathetic and apathetic when young brilliant minds don't even understand the concept of scholarship......Comparing CU with UI or OAU is quite ridiculous, its more like comparing a boy of 18 with that of 60yrs of age, when UI started as young as CU now they achieved more than CU, Posterity should judge if CU can survive their infant glory for long like these Great schools even after 60yrs still sustaining
Do I need to list out best universities in the world that are barely 30yrs of age.
Nobody cares about age in this generation, this is a result oriented planet if Harvard were to be slack, Universities are waiting to take over from them. hence, they ensure that with each year going bye they better their own best records. This whole idea of "Seniority makes you Better" is the same philosophy that has ruined Nigeria. We have Old senators who are as backward thinking as they can get yet we still prevent the young generation from taking over. CU is a young university which as produced the registrar from its alumni base before, the current Living Faith pilot is a CU graduate(with no professional experience) who now flies the Ministerial missions jet, the current Faith theatre(biggest worship sanctuary in the world) was designed by a CU student. There is nothing wrong in trying to achieve great things young. CU is the youngest uni in top 100 Africa and we are ready to be youngest world class university. Any body claiming to be a CU student and doesn't try to achieve great things young must be an impostor...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Duru009(m): 4:20pm On Feb 24, 2017
Statsocial:

Or you are adequately misinformed? Feel free to tell me one single course not accredited in Landmark university.

Am a lecturer in a federal university .l also lecture in two private university as a part-time fecilitator....

Am far more advance and informed than you when it comes to Nigeria university.....

You know nothing!! """""!

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
Duru009:

Am a lecturer in a federal university .l also lecture in two private university as a part-time fecilitator....

Am far more advance and informed than you when it comes to Nigeria university.....

Lol am asking you to simply tell me one course that is not accredited in Landmark and you are speaking gibberish..

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Standing5(m): 12:46am On Feb 25, 2017
Duru009:

Stop lying. Landmark has lecturers than any bloody fed uni in this country.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by SonOfEl(m): 12:58am On Feb 25, 2017
Standing5:

*yimu*
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Duru009(m): 1:38am On Feb 25, 2017
Standing5:

U stop like a kid...... ..

U just have nothing to say....

Byeeeeeeeee
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by AustinDBeloved(m): 7:37am On Feb 25, 2017
[quote author=Duru009 post=54034153]

U stop like a kid...... ..

U just have nothing to say..
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by AustinDBeloved(m): 7:40am On Feb 25, 2017
Standing5:
Don't tell me u just said this. Or was it a joke?
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by uvalued(m): 8:03am On Feb 25, 2017
littlewonders:
Coming back with a counter thread
will be following
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by AustinDBeloved(m): 9:07am On Feb 25, 2017
NEWSOAU Law Students Beat Top South African University to Win Space Law Competition, will Represent Africa in Mexico By Tobi Adebowale | May 29, 2016
A team of Law students from the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) in Ile-Ife, Osun state at the weekend defeated their counterparts from the University of Pretoria in South Africa at the final of the African round of the Manfred Lachs Space Law moot court competition to emerge champions of the 5th edition of the competition.

The team from IFELAW as the faculty of Law in OAU is fondly called, earlier faced off participants from top Ugandan school, the University of Makerere and the University of Pretoria at the preliminaries before emerging finalists at the contest held in Pretoria, South Africa’s capital city.

The OAU team comprises Timilehin Adekemi and Irene Ekord, both 400-level students of the Faculty of Law and Tolulope Dada, a 300-level student of the Law faculty. A senior lecturer at the faculty, Dr OA Orifowoomo supervised the team.

The OAU team with friends in Pretoria, South Africa; credit: Facebook/Timi Adeyemi

As African champions, the OAU team will now represent the African continent at the World Final of the Manfred Lachs Space Law moot in Mexico in September. The world final is an integral part of the International Astronautical Congress (IAC) to be hosted by Guadalajara, Mexico from 26th September to 30th September, 2016.

The Manfred Lachs Space Law moot court competition is a global advocacy contest for Law students that seeks to develop the capacity of students in the area of Space Law. It is organised annually by the International Institute of Space Law in conjunction with other affiliated bodies and features both oral and written arguments on hypothetical disputes around space exploration.

The 2014 edition of the African round of the competition was held in Nigeria’s federal capital, Abuja in partnership with the National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA) and was won by OAU while Babcock University and the Bayero University, Kano equally put in decent appearances.

RELATED ITEMSCOMPETITIONFACULTYIFELAWMANFRED LACHSMOOTOAU. Where was Covenant then?
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by AustinDBeloved(m): 9:16am On Feb 25, 2017
OAU Space Law Team Recalls How It Made Africa Proud in Mexico
by Tobi Adebowale | Oct 27, 2016 | News | 0 Comments
A team of three students from the Faculty of Law, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife in Osun State recently made the nation and indeed the continent proud.
The team appeared as Africa’s representatives at the 2016 World Rounds of the Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court Competition held in Guadalajara in Mexico where this year’s International Astronautical Congress (IAC) also held.
The team leader, Adekemi Timilehin narrates the experience to Lawyard:
Having obtained the ticket to represent Africa in the World round of 2016 Manfred Lach moot court competition in Guadalajara, Mexico, the mountain looked insurmountable. However, before I continue this story, let me stress that my team is grateful to God because He alone made it possible.
We journeyed to Abuja in a bid to get sponsorship for the competition. Our budget was N7.3m and it was obvious that we could not sponsor ourselves.
By His grace and after several discussions, the Ministry of Science and Technology agreed to sponsor us.
Rehearsals were intense because we knew our opponents were equally good. Having obtained the needed documents and sponsorship, we left Abuja for Mexico on 24th of September.
We had a connecting flight to Paris before we headed to Mexico. We arrived Mexico Sunday night (Mexican Time). We settled down and waited until the next day to visit the conference centre for registration and other preliminary matters.
At the Semi finals, we faced McGill Institute of Air and Space Law, Canada representing North America region and we won. Our win was not borne out of luck but what I call favour because the Canadian team was also very good.
The judges however commented that they liked our structure of argument and responses to questions. Hence they saw us as the better team to proceed to the finals.
Meanwhile, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens representing Europe region defeated Curtin University, Australia representing Asia-Pacific region at the semifinals to equally qualify to the world round.
The final held on a Thursday and both teams were fully prepared.
The final was presided over by sitting International Court of Justice (ICJ) judges; Judge Xue, Judge Peter Tomka and Judge Grevian. The chief judge was Judge Tomka, being the vice-president of the ICJ.
We argued for the Applicant while Athens argued for the Respondent.
At the end of both arguments, space law experts walked up to us and congratulated us on our success but unfortunately when the ICJ Judges came in, they decided in favour of the respondent. In other words, Athens won.
The Hall was dead silent as it took some time for persons in the court room to congratulate the Europe team.
In all we thank God. We left Mexico the next day, that is Friday and arrived Nigeria safely.
Editor’s note: The Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court competition is held in different regions across the world annually. The Champions of the regional competition then meet at the World Rounds usually held as part of the International Astronautical Congress (IAC).
The Nigerian team from Obafemi Awolowo University in Ile-Ife emerged African champions earlier in the year.
The Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court competition is organised by the International Institute of Space Law (IISL) . Where was CU
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by AustinDBeloved(m): 9:21am On Feb 25, 2017
OAU’s TH wins Microsoft Imagine Cup

ON APRIL 21, 201612:20 AMIN EDUCATIONCOMMENTS

By Amaka Abayomi

Otaru Babatunde, Oyatope Blessing, Shoaga Victor, and Ayodele Obasegun of Team Humane of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, have won the National Finals of the 2016 edition of Microsoft Nigeria Imagine Cup.

Now in its ninth year, Microsoft Imagine Cup is the premier students’ technology programme and competition, and a cornerstone of the Microsoft YouthSpark initiative which provides the opportunity for student technologists, developers and aspiring entrepreneurs to collaborate, develop a technology application, create a business plan and gain a keen understanding of what is needed to bring a concept to market. Competing in the World Citizenship Category, Team Humane came up with a solution for the visually impaired which enables them to interact and navigate freely on their mobile phones.

The solution comes with an accompanying hardware known as the Humane handle, which interacts with apps installed on a device using Bluetooth. A visually impaired person would be able to navigate through various apps installed on his/her mobile phone using the handle and an integrated voice navigation system.

According to the team lead, Ayodele Obasegun, “we were concerned about solving a major challenge hence we embark on this project. We have been developing solutions for various organizations and we felt a need to impact our community and the world as a whole, thus, this solution for the visually impaired which was initially targeted at gaming for the visually impaired, but later we felt we can do more than gaming.”

Also speaking, Director, Developer Evangelism, Microsoft Nigeria, Shina Oyetosho, explained that “Microsoft is committed in empowering students to become the next generation of innovators, entrepreneurs and developers, and the competition inspires student developers around the world to create innovative solutions that change the way we live, work and play while also growing the skills they need to pursue a future in technology.” Where is Covenant.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by AustinDBeloved(m): 9:25am On Feb 25, 2017
Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife Wins The 3rd INDAQS Quiz Competition
Date Posted: 29/Oct/2016
Students of the Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife once again reasserted OAU as ‘Oba Awon Unifaasiti' on Tuesday, 18th October 2016 in the University of Ibadan, Ibadan as students from the department of Nursing emerged winners in a quiz competition.

The quiz which was the third of Its kind was a part of the University of Ibadan Nurses Week 2016. The week was organised by the Nigerian Universities Nursing Students’ Association(NUNSA), UI Chapter.

The quiz competition which was actually the last on programme for the day had representatives from five participating schools, Afe Babalola University Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD), Babcock University Ilishan (BABCOCK), Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife(OAU), University of Ibadan (UI) and University of Ilorin (UNILORIN).

The scope of the competition ranged from Human Physiology to Foundation of Nursing Practice to Advance Medical Surgical Nursing to Maternal and Child Health and Current Affairs and included characteristically standard, challenging and brain tasking questions. However, the representatives were apparently not intimidated as they played along with the questions.

The following were the scores at the end of the quiz competition:
. Babcock University came up with a total of 10 points,
. Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti 15 points
. University of Ilorin 15 points (Joint 3rd with Afe Babalola).
. The University of Ibadan had a narrow win with a total of 16 points claiming the 2nd position.
. Obafemi Awolowo University at the end of the quiz competition had 23 points, thus emerging the overall winner of the contest.

The Convener, Ife Nursing Debate And Quiz Society (INDAQS), Mr. Akinsumade while being interviewed, stated it clear that among the objectives of the association which he oversees is to see to it that OAU Nursing students are always prepared for debates, quiz competitions and other literary activities.

INDAQS formed few years ago has always have it as her hallmark emerging victorious in competitions, “My team has been working hard to ensure we come nothing but 1st in this invite of UI most especially when we reflected on the fact that since 2012 we have always been coming 1st in any contest we have with UI, thus we could not afford to have anything other than 1st, he said .”

He however, accorded all glory, honour and praise to the Almighty God, acknowledging the efforts of his team.

Report Sent In By:
Lurogho Akinola Courage
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Duru009(m): 11:51am On Feb 25, 2017
[quote author=AustinDBeloved post=54036639][/quote]

U are still a student.......

Wen you get to my level in my life. You will know what's up and reason with facts...

Not like a child....
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 25, 2017
AustinDBeloved:
OAU’s TH wins Microsoft Imagine Cup

ON APRIL 21, 201612:20 AMIN EDUCATIONCOMMENTS

By Amaka Abayomi

Otaru Babatunde, Oyatope Blessing, Shoaga Victor, and Ayodele Obasegun of Team Humane of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, have won the National Finals of the 2016 edition of Microsoft Nigeria Imagine Cup.

Now in its ninth year, Microsoft Imagine Cup is the premier students’ technology programme and competition, and a cornerstone of the Microsoft YouthSpark initiative which provides the opportunity for student technologists, developers and aspiring entrepreneurs to collaborate, develop a technology application, create a business plan and gain a keen understanding of what is needed to bring a concept to market. Competing in the World Citizenship Category, Team Humane came up with a solution for the visually impaired which enables them to interact and navigate freely on their mobile phones.

The solution comes with an accompanying hardware known as the Humane handle, which interacts with apps installed on a device using Bluetooth. A visually impaired person would be able to navigate through various apps installed on his/her mobile phone using the handle and an integrated voice navigation system.

According to the team lead, Ayodele Obasegun, “we were concerned about solving a major challenge hence we embark on this project. We have been developing solutions for various organizations and we felt a need to impact our community and the world as a whole, thus, this solution for the visually impaired which was initially targeted at gaming for the visually impaired, but later we felt we can do more than gaming.”

Also speaking, Director, Developer Evangelism, Microsoft Nigeria, Shina Oyetosho, explained that “Microsoft is committed in empowering students to become the next generation of innovators, entrepreneurs and developers, and the competition inspires student developers around the world to create innovative solutions that change the way we live, work and play while also growing the skills they need to pursue a future in technology.” Where is Covenant.

Covenant University Student Wins 2015 SPE Africa Contest

A 500 Level Petroleum Engineering student of Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, Zainab Titus, has emerged the winner at the 2015 SPE Africa Region Students Technical Paper contest which took place on April 18, 2015 at the Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda.

Zainab was selected through a rigorous process in which the SPE considered over 170 submitted abstracts from African students in various universities across the continent.

From this, twelve (eight in the undergraduate category and four in the postgraduate category) were successful and invited in an all-expense paid to present their works at Makerere University, in Kampala, Uganda.

Titus presented an abstract on “Analytical Model for Improving Completion Efficiency and Production Optimisation,” a newly developed diagnostic tool with wide industry applications.

This earned her remarkable approval from the panel of judges and other participants, thereby emerging “The First Place Winner for the Undergraduate Category in Africa” despite being the first representation of the university ever in the contest.

Meanwhile, the first place winners in both categories would represent Africa at the Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition in Texas, USA in September 2015.

In a similar vein, the university recently had the highest listing of leading Nigerian scientists by a Spanish-based research group, Cybermetrics. The university produced 78 out of the 500 Nigerian scientists listed. Where was OAU?
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 25, 2017
AustinDBeloved:
OAU Space Law Team Recalls How It Made Africa Proud in Mexico
by Tobi Adebowale | Oct 27, 2016 | News | 0 Comments
A team of three students from the Faculty of Law, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife in Osun State recently made the nation and indeed the continent proud.
The team appeared as Africa’s representatives at the 2016 World Rounds of the Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court Competition held in Guadalajara in Mexico where this year’s International Astronautical Congress (IAC) also held.
The team leader, Adekemi Timilehin narrates the experience to Lawyard:
Having obtained the ticket to represent Africa in the World round of 2016 Manfred Lach moot court competition in Guadalajara, Mexico, the mountain looked insurmountable. However, before I continue this story, let me stress that my team is grateful to God because He alone made it possible.
We journeyed to Abuja in a bid to get sponsorship for the competition. Our budget was N7.3m and it was obvious that we could not sponsor ourselves.
By His grace and after several discussions, the Ministry of Science and Technology agreed to sponsor us.
Rehearsals were intense because we knew our opponents were equally good. Having obtained the needed documents and sponsorship, we left Abuja for Mexico on 24th of September.
We had a connecting flight to Paris before we headed to Mexico. We arrived Mexico Sunday night (Mexican Time). We settled down and waited until the next day to visit the conference centre for registration and other preliminary matters.
At the Semi finals, we faced McGill Institute of Air and Space Law, Canada representing North America region and we won. Our win was not borne out of luck but what I call favour because the Canadian team was also very good.
The judges however commented that they liked our structure of argument and responses to questions. Hence they saw us as the better team to proceed to the finals.
Meanwhile, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens representing Europe region defeated Curtin University, Australia representing Asia-Pacific region at the semifinals to equally qualify to the world round.
The final held on a Thursday and both teams were fully prepared.
The final was presided over by sitting International Court of Justice (ICJ) judges; Judge Xue, Judge Peter Tomka and Judge Grevian. The chief judge was Judge Tomka, being the vice-president of the ICJ.
We argued for the Applicant while Athens argued for the Respondent.
At the end of both arguments, space law experts walked up to us and congratulated us on our success but unfortunately when the ICJ Judges came in, they decided in favour of the respondent. In other words, Athens won.
The Hall was dead silent as it took some time for persons in the court room to congratulate the Europe team.
In all we thank God. We left Mexico the next day, that is Friday and arrived Nigeria safely.
Editor’s note: The Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court competition is held in different regions across the world annually. The Champions of the regional competition then meet at the World Rounds usually held as part of the International Astronautical Congress (IAC).
The Nigerian team from Obafemi Awolowo University in Ile-Ife emerged African champions earlier in the year.
The Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court competition is organised by the International Institute of Space Law (IISL) . Where was CU
Covenant University students outclassed other competitors at the 2013 Nigeria Software Competition held at Tinapa, Cross River State between the 22nd and 23rd of October, 2013. The University’s contingent returned from the 2-day competition, with laurels and cash prizes for their efforts.
The team of four students from the Computer and Information Science Department led by Dr. Ambrose Azeta, returned to the University with their heads held high, in the company of two trophies and a total prize money of N1.75 million.

The competition, which attracted 24 teams of students from 21 schools from all over, the country, saw representatives of the University competing in two different categories.

In the Nigeria Best Open Source Software of the Year category, sponsored by Institute of Software Practitioners in Nigeria (ISPON), Okwuokenye Ebuka, a 400 Level Management Information Science student and Inwalome Emmanuel, 400 Level Computer Science student came tops. They were awarded a medium sized trophy and Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira for developing a Car Tracking System Simulator.
In the Nigerian Software Excellence Award 2013 category, Raymond Ativie and Oroge Alanuloluwa both 400 Level Computer Science students emerged as first runner up for the development of an Anti-Cultism Social Educational Media System, carting away a giant trophy and One and a half Million Naira for their initiative.

Receiving the University’s Ambassadors on Tuesday, November 11, 2013, the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Charles Ayo commended the performance of the students. He stated that all students in the University are exposed to the best of resources and there was need for personal development to enable their capabilities become evident to the outside world.

He appreciated the Head, Department of Computer Science, Dr. Nicholas Omoregbe and the head of delegation to the competition, Dr. Azeta for their time, investment and hard work towards bringing honours to the University.
http://covenantuniversity.edu.ng/News/CU-Students-Excel-At-2013-Nigeria-Software-Competition#.UpRp68RQFAE

Where was OAU?

You see we can all play this game of "we won this or we won that"
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nwanna2588: 3:58pm On Feb 25, 2017
Private universities in Nigeria are still way back when compared to their public school counterparts. How many private universities can rusticate students as did FUTMIN recently. They'll always pamper their students until they graduate. We all know they're after profits.
Education is best entrusted under the stewardship of the government because of this negative trend. No proprietor wants to lose and because of that private schools have lost the aim of establishing it.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 25, 2017
Nwanna2588:
Private universities in Nigeria are still way back when compared to their public school counterparts. How many private universities can rusticate students as did FUTMIN recently. They'll always pamper their students until they graduate. We all know they're after profits.
Education is best entrusted under the stewardship of the government because of this negative trend. No proprietor wants to lose and because of that private schools have lost the aim of establishing it.
Lol are u listening to yourself. So expulsion has now suddenly become a criterion for measuring good universities. Ok pls tell me how many students Harvard has expelled in the past two years or how many students The University of Capetown has expelled. Nigerians have become so accustomed to the abnormal that the normal now looks abnormal.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by AustinDBeloved(m): 6:04pm On Feb 25, 2017
Statsocial:

Covenant University students outclassed other competitors at the 2013 Nigeria Software Competition held at Tinapa, Cross River State between the 22nd and 23rd of October, 2013. The University’s contingent returned from the 2-day competition, with laurels and cash prizes for their efforts.
The team of four students from the Computer and Information Science Department led by Dr. Ambrose Azeta, returned to the University with their heads held high, in the company of two trophies and a total prize money of N1.75 million.

The competition, which attracted 24 teams of students from 21 schools from all over, the country, saw representatives of the University competing in two different categories.

In the Nigeria Best Open Source Software of the Year category, sponsored by Institute of Software Practitioners in Nigeria (ISPON), Okwuokenye Ebuka, a 400 Level Management Information Science student and Inwalome Emmanuel, 400 Level Computer Science student came tops. They were awarded a medium sized trophy and Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira for developing a Car Tracking System Simulator.
In the Nigerian Software Excellence Award 2013 category, Raymond Ativie and Oroge Alanuloluwa both 400 Level Computer Science students emerged as first runner up for the development of an Anti-Cultism Social Educational Media System, carting away a giant trophy and One and a half Million Naira for their initiative.

Receiving the University’s Ambassadors on Tuesday, November 11, 2013, the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Charles Ayo commended the performance of the students. He stated that all students in the University are exposed to the best of resources and there was need for personal development to enable their capabilities become evident to the outside world.

He appreciated the Head, Department of Computer Science, Dr. Nicholas Omoregbe and the head of delegation to the competition, Dr. Azeta for their time, investment and hard work towards bringing honours to the University.
http://covenantuniversity.edu.ng/News/CU-Students-Excel-At-2013-Nigeria-Software-Competition#.UpRp68RQFAE

Where was OAU?

I just gave you few out of many. And mind you, we are talking about international contests here and not one rivers state thing.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by AustinDBeloved(m): 6:16pm On Feb 25, 2017
Statsocial:

Where was OAU?

I just gave you few out of many. And mind you, we are talking about international contests here and not one rivers state thing. 6TH NAPE MINI-CONFERENCE AT OAU, ILE-IFE
The 6th edition of the Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationists (NAPE) Mini-conference held in the beautiful campus of the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife from April 26 to 29, 2012. The conference is a bi-annual event which was hosted in past editions as follow: Federal University of
Technology Akure (2002), Federal University of Technology Owerri (2004), Ahmadu Bello University (2006), University of Calabar (2008), University of Ilorin (2010). This event is part of NAPE-University Assistance Programme dedicated to the development of geosciences education, technical presentation and leadership skills in tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
The theme of the conference is “Emerging Concepts in Geosciences Education”. Over 100 papers were submitted from 34 universities; 30 were selected for Oral and 15 for Poster presentations. The conference is declared a huge success! Miss Doyin Ogundipe, a graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University won the first place of the competition and was awarded by NAPE full sponsorship participate and present her paper at the NAPE 2012 International Conference and Exhibition that will hold at Eko Hotel in Lagos in November 2012. In addition, NAPE will explore sponsorship opportunity for her and her supervisor to attend and participate in the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) Annual Convention in the United States in 2013.
The journey started when the hosting right was awarded to Obafemi Awolowo University by NAPE executive committee members based on the successful presentation of OAU’s interest delivered at the NAPE 2010 International Conference and Exhibition by the former Vice Chancellor of the university,
Professor Michael Faborode who is now the executive secretary, Committee of Vice Chancellors of Nigerian University. The incumbent Vice Chancellor of the university, Professor Bamitale Omole aligned with the vision of his predecessor and worked tirelessly with the university’s Local Organizing
Committee (LOC) in association with NAPE to make the conference a great success. The leadership of OAU adopted this 6th edition of NAPE mini-conference as part the school’s 50th anniversary.
In his opening ceremony address, the President of NAPE Dr. Mayowa Afe pledged that NAPE as an organization will continue to work towards the improvement of technical standard of the mini-conference in order to properly prepare graduates for the oil and gas industry which accounts for over 80% of Nigeria’s income.
The Chairman of NAPE-University Assistance Programme (UAP), Dr. Wasiu Odufisan urged all students at the conference to use the conference as an opportunity to learn and improve both their technical and non-technical talent as the conference provides as avenue to learn effective communication skills, solicit technical feedback from peers, and develop a network for geosciences collaboration. He further urged students to make effort to attend all presentations and fully expose themselves to the technical and nontechnical rewards of the conference.
The Chairman of the Local Organizing Committee, Professor T.R. Ajayi worked tirelessly with his team in the department of Geology with the active support of the Head of Department, Professor Joseph Owolabi Ajayi to organize the conference. They also introduce an innovation to the usual NAPE
conference programme of activities by arranging with the drama department of the university to present a drama play titled: “GRIP AM” to the attendees of the conference to provide a relaxing evening.
The event came to end on Sunday, April 29 with field excursion to the Benin Flank of the Anambra Basin, Southwest Nigeria. The trip was led by a renowned professor of Geology, Professor M.A. Rahaman of the department of Geology of Obafemi Awolowo University.
The 6th NAPE Mini-conference is a huge success and should serve as a role model for other professional associations in Nigeria.

For the Mini-Confere
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 25, 2017
AustinDBeloved:
I just gave you few out of many. And mind you, we are talking about international contests here and not one rivers state thing. 6TH NAPE MINI-CONFERENCE AT OAU, ILE-IFE
The 6th edition of the Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationists (NAPE) Mini-conference held in the beautiful campus of the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife from April 26 to 29, 2012. The conference is a bi-annual event which was hosted in past editions as follow: Federal University of
Technology Akure (2002), Federal University of Technology Owerri (2004), Ahmadu Bello University (2006), University of Calabar (2008), University of Ilorin (2010). This event is part of NAPE-University Assistance Programme dedicated to the development of geosciences education, technical presentation and leadership skills in tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
The theme of the conference is “Emerging Concepts in Geosciences Education”. Over 100 papers were submitted from 34 universities; 30 were selected for Oral and 15 for Poster presentations. The conference is declared a huge success! Miss Doyin Ogundipe, a graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University won the first place of the competition and was awarded by NAPE full sponsorship participate and present her paper at the NAPE 2012 International Conference and Exhibition that will hold at Eko Hotel in Lagos in November 2012. In addition, NAPE will explore sponsorship opportunity for her and her supervisor to attend and participate in the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) Annual Convention in the United States in 2013.
The journey started when the hosting right was awarded to Obafemi Awolowo University by NAPE executive committee members based on the successful presentation of OAU’s interest delivered at the NAPE 2010 International Conference and Exhibition by the former Vice Chancellor of the university,
Professor Michael Faborode who is now the executive secretary, Committee of Vice Chancellors of Nigerian University. The incumbent Vice Chancellor of the university, Professor Bamitale Omole aligned with the vision of his predecessor and worked tirelessly with the university’s Local Organizing
Committee (LOC) in association with NAPE to make the conference a great success. The leadership of OAU adopted this 6th edition of NAPE mini-conference as part the school’s 50th anniversary.
In his opening ceremony address, the President of NAPE Dr. Mayowa Afe pledged that NAPE as an organization will continue to work towards the improvement of technical standard of the mini-conference in order to properly prepare graduates for the oil and gas industry which accounts for over 80% of Nigeria’s income.
The Chairman of NAPE-University Assistance Programme (UAP), Dr. Wasiu Odufisan urged all students at the conference to use the conference as an opportunity to learn and improve both their technical and non-technical talent as the conference provides as avenue to learn effective communication skills, solicit technical feedback from peers, and develop a network for geosciences collaboration. He further urged students to make effort to attend all presentations and fully expose themselves to the technical and nontechnical rewards of the conference.
The Chairman of the Local Organizing Committee, Professor T.R. Ajayi worked tirelessly with his team in the department of Geology with the active support of the Head of Department, Professor Joseph Owolabi Ajayi to organize the conference. They also introduce an innovation to the usual NAPE
conference programme of activities by arranging with the drama department of the university to present a drama play titled: “GRIP AM” to the attendees of the conference to provide a relaxing evening.
The event came to end on Sunday, April 29 with field excursion to the Benin Flank of the Anambra Basin, Southwest Nigeria. The trip was led by a renowned professor of Geology, Professor M.A. Rahaman of the department of Geology of Obafemi Awolowo University.
The 6th NAPE Mini-conference is a huge success and should serve as a role model for other professional associations in Nigeria.

For the Mini-Confere
You saw the other competition I posted, which took place in Makarere, yet you avoided that one and choose to comment on the national competition.
Secondly, I also choose some competitions out of MANY competitions that are held nationally and internationally(e.g The victory of CU in d Argus software competition), so you really have no point here. Universities go on competitions everytime, including underperforming universities and the least ranked unis. Sometimes they win sometimes they lose. If you search on google, for instance "Ambrose Allli students win"; you will definitely get results of the universities victory in some competitions because every university goes for competitions and sometime win. If you want to know the number of competitions that CU has won(nationally and internationally) feel free to continue searching on line by yourself. Chao
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 10:28pm On Feb 25, 2017
seanwilliam:
This guy has said nothing but the truth..anybody that counters this is nothing but a certified bigot...i'm a die-hard fans of public universities-especially Federal schools-UNILAG in particular, j have never for once been convinced or persuaded by any post or any comment on nairaland before but, this one has to the core changed my perspective and believe towards Nigerian Universities...though there're some facts that are n't concrete in his posts but the authentic and perpetual facts he posted give me a RE-THINK... I've today learnt that if you've got a verified facts you can change the minds and notions of some uninformed..though when it comes to alumni comparation, no university, i repeat no university can counter thess five premier and prestigious federal universities-UNILAG,UI,OAU,UNN AND ABU. But all othersfacts up there are comfirmed, obtainable, incomaprable and undisputable.. The victoriousguy i say thanks for shedding light to the darkness and englighting us on how this is done... #TeamUNILAG-Akokitetobe...

True bro. TRUE! No statement in my post questioned the bolded fact. I really appreciate your sincerity, hence I will explain........ but before I do, kindly re-read that point 6 again. Try as much as possible not to read a bias into it this time, and tell me what you think. Let me give you a clue, the oldest person I put there was Oludayo, and it was a mistake!
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 10:33pm On Feb 25, 2017
Duru009:

My brother forget those gigantic structures of private universities. Thy use it to deceive the public.
I have insiders there......
Three of my consins wre already in 400L and 300L in Landmark after wasting huge amounts of money but later discover that the courses thy wre doing had NOT been accredited by NUC.

Most of these private university has gigantic structures with beautiful environment but has nothing to offer...

I said I don't believe you earlier; and you repeated similar things for which I said so. What do you expect?? Your guess is as good as mine: "I DON'T BELIEVE YOU". THANKS!
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Duru009(m): 10:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
TheVictorious:

I said I don't believe you earlier; and you repeated similar things for which I said so. What do you expect?? Your guess is as good as mine: "I DON'T BELIEVE YOU". THANKS!

You are kid.. .....

Believe or not dats ur business...
Am not at your level.....
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 10:45pm On Feb 25, 2017
Duru009:

Federal universities are the best even most state university are equally very good......

Most of all these private university is the "the more you look the less you see"........

I know of many people that want to private university but federal university students are far more better n equipped than private university interms of research n knowledge.. ....

True statement. Very true, "because it is statistically correct"!! (there are >50 privete unis afterall). Certain private unis are not good representations of the population of private universities in Nigeria. Of them, I chose one to match with federal universities (by considering two schools that are the best representation of peoples' expectancy when it comes to public universities). Let me explain everything in layman language. Americans are richer than Nigerians does not mean that Miranda Cosgrove is Richer than Aliko Dangote; and Aliko Dangote is a Nigerian that is richer than Miranda Cosgrove that is an American does not imply that Nigerians are richer than Americans. I can explain more if you still don't understand.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 10:48pm On Feb 25, 2017
Duru009:

You are kid.. .....

1. Believe or not dats ur business...

2. Am not at your level.....

1. BETTER

2. That's inconsequential; you are shifting focus from substantial issues. Bye!
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by danose99(m): 10:58pm On Feb 25, 2017
In my opinion, i see no relevance in this comparison...private or public university, the main aim is to work together,producing innovative ideas that will help facilitate the revitalization of our dear country.It is a collective effort....comparing absolutely makes no sense whatsoever
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 10:59pm On Feb 25, 2017
mathology5431:
Its too pathetic and apathetic when young brilliant minds don't even understand the concept of scholarship......Comparing CU with UI or OAU is quite ridiculous, its more like comparing a boy of 18 with that of 60yrs of age, when UI started as young as CU now they achieved more than CU, Posterity should judge if CU can survive their infant glory for long like these Great schools even after 60yrs still sustaining

True. but the age of Methusellah is inconsequential to the wisdom of Solomon.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 6:08am On Feb 26, 2017
AustinDBeloved:

For the Mini-Confere

I almost replied you with links but noticed your post don't merit it. Kindly include link.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Help Me To Congratulate My Brother For His Waec / Difference Between Successful And Unsuccessful People (Photo) / Improving Low Gpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.