Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,123 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Update On Firs Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Update On Firs Recruitment (17958 Views)

Update On Firs / FIRS Recruitment: Breaking News! / Any News On Firs Interviews Dates? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update On Firs Recruitment by jabbo(m): 4:19pm On Dec 10, 2009
Hello Nairalanders,

For those of us who sat for the last FIRS test in October and were not called for the second stage, I want to assure you that there is still hope. I have a friend who works in their HR, he informed me that those invited for the subsequent stages applied for higher positions, e.g. Managers, regional accountant, Director e.t.c. for those that applied for lower levels e.g Tax officers, they would definitely be called later as their next stage would be interview and then appointment would be given to those that are successful. He also informed me that it is strictly on merit.

I urge all of us that are hopeful to therefore pray that are successful in the first stage we wrote in October.

One love House.
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by Logba: 4:55pm On Dec 10, 2009
Thanks Jabbo for the information. It is true that the second stage already conducted was for high officers, managers and directors. However, i will appreciate if you can help those of us who have written the second stage to confirm from your friend the latest positions of things because there is rumour that successful candidates from second stage have been called for the final 3rd stage interview.

Regards
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by jabbo(m): 1:49pm On Dec 11, 2009
@Logba

It is true that successful candidates from the second stage are being called for interview. However it is done in stages based on the position you applied for. I was reliably informed me that they have concluded interview for Directors and they are now inviting the next level for interview. I hope you find the information useful.
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by rusky(m): 9:09pm On Dec 11, 2009
jabbo,

please flash me on 08037157678. i need to ask you something about this info you just gave out. please flash.
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by barry06(m): 5:48am On Dec 12, 2009
jabbo:

@Logba

It is true that successful candidates from the second stage are being called for interview. However it is done in stages based on the position you applied for. I was reliably informed me that they have concluded interview for Directors and they are now inviting the next level for interview. I hope you find the information useful.

Jabbo,
pls can u find out the position of those who did the second stage for FINANCE AND ACCOUNT- CAT 1 & 2.

Thanks.
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by agboola11: 12:23pm On Dec 14, 2009
Dear Mabbo,
I like your response over this FIRS, infact you now boost my morale.
definitely i will be looking forward to the second stage invitation insha Allah.
Dont forget to mail me on anurdlife@yahoo.com if you be the first to be informed.
Thanks
Agboola
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by willylink: 2:28pm On Dec 14, 2009
Thanks bro, good job
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by jacksparow(m): 4:58pm On Dec 14, 2009
For ur info. There was a 2nd stage interview (written) for senior positions. There was also oral (one-on-one) interview for posts of Asst.Director and above last week.

From what I heard. They will employ 1000. 70% of that (700) will be on merit and the remaining will be shared amongst the NASS members and other Govt Officials.

Those for entry level havent been called for any other stage. They should have been called by now but the Consultants messed up the whole process which FIRS have corrected since about 65,000 people wrote the exams nationwide.

Just hope and pray the 700 merit list they want to employ dont get pruned cause there's serious pressure and lobbying going on here in Abuja by many influential govt officials
Cheers
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by danballaje: 1:11pm On Dec 15, 2009
HELLO BROTHERS AND SISTERS
I WILL ADVISE THAT WE SHOULD NOT BOTHER OURSELVES ON THIS ISSUE TOO MUCH, IF GOD DESTINED US TO WORK AT FIRS, WE WILL NO MATTER THE INFLUENCE OF ANYBODY IN THIS WORLD, AND IF REVERSE IS THE CASE SO IT WILL BE, I THINK OURS IS TO PRAY, I BELIEVE WE ARE SUCH LUCKY CHAPS TO BE CALLED FOR THE 1ST AND 2ND TESTS, REMEMBER NOT ALL THOSE WHO APPLIED ARE CALLED FOR THE TESTS.
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by Ademiolami(m): 2:30pm On Dec 15, 2009
Thanks Bros for d info.Lets hope in God to work for our favour.
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by Ademiolami(m): 2:31pm On Dec 15, 2009
Hello Willylink u just abandon ur frnd for ikoyi.08061664267
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by ogunniyi2: 11:42am On Dec 16, 2009
what about senior managers,managers and assistant manager? have they been called after the november functional test for any other reason. relevant info will be appreciated. thanks

For your info. There was a 2nd stage interview (written) for senior positions. There was also oral (one-on-one) interview for posts of Asst.Director and above last week.

From what I heard. They will employ 1000. 70% of that (700) will be on merit and the remaining will be shared amongst the NASS members and other Govt Officials.

Those for entry level havent been called for any other stage. They should have been called by now but the Consultants messed up the whole process which FIRS have corrected since about 65,000 people wrote the exams nationwide.

Just hope and pray the 700 merit list they want to employ dont get pruned cause there's serious pressure and lobbying going on here in Abuja by many influential govt officials
Cheers
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by ogunniyi2: 12:05pm On Dec 16, 2009
pls what about people that applied fv assisist manager/manager? have they being called/ have they called them and when are they going to call them
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by badaru1(m): 12:10pm On Dec 16, 2009
@ogunniyi2

are u saying after the functional area test there was another test last week?
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by antyjums: 1:48pm On Dec 17, 2009
For 3rd stage callers from FIRS,how did yo receive the iv?is it by text?pls can you provide d details.And where is the interview held?is it zoned?
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by ogunniyi2: 10:49am On Dec 21, 2009
[tr]@ogunniyi2

are u saying after the functional area test there was another test last week?[/tr]

that is what i am trying to confirm
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by jacksparow(m): 4:14pm On Dec 21, 2009
Hello All,

For ur xmas and new year. I can tell u this. The Board meeting of FIRS that held last week Wednesday & Thursday 16th and 17th, has approved the final list of those to be employed. That list as I write this has been sent to Federal Character Commission for verification and confirmation. So expect things to happen from January.

But for those that would be unsuccessful, they would recruit similar number next year but it WONT be made public though they might just change their minds.About 30,000 people were not invited for this year's  tests and will be considered next year.
What will be urs will be urs

so good luck to every one.
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by Logba: 4:59pm On Dec 21, 2009
@jacksparow,

Does the list you are talking about include people who are yet to attend oral interview/? You also mentioned that we should expect things to happen from January, can we have details of what to expect ?

Regards
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by rusky(m): 8:31pm On Dec 21, 2009
jacksparrow,

I am confused. how can they have sent the list of people to employ for verification when they have not concluded final interview for the positions of MANAGER AND OTHERS BELOW? kindly explain please.
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by jacksparow(m): 11:05am On Dec 22, 2009
They are done calling people for any other form of interview. its the final list they sent to FCC (only the merit list)

The cut off mark for the test is 19% to accommodate as many as possible.
After the 19%, they now considered people by age, for Officer I and II, the max age is 28. for Manager I and II, the max age 30 and 35 and for senior manager, the max age 40.

so assuming anyone scaled through the pass mark of 19% and is above the age in that category, then am sorry. except u have long legs to make the secondary list which for ur info is out of bound since its not the merit list.
cheers
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by celemel(m): 11:56am On Dec 22, 2009
@JACKSPARROW: Your information sounds very authentic, reason being that the NDIC recruitment took the same pattern. The NDIC shortlist was sent to FCC in November. Some persons who were successful were subsequently contacted by FCC and told to prepare for the final interview. They've been waiting for that since. I see a similarity in the FIRS. And, since the last recruitment by CBN that generated a lot of bad-blood btw CBN and FCC, I guess every other govt. agency now follows this procedure for recruitment. Lets hope and pray. Ques sera, sera!!
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by Logba: 12:52pm On Dec 22, 2009
jacksparow ,

I am convinced that you have good and correct information concerning this FIRS recruitment. The second stage interview was conducted for different professionals(Accountants,Information Tech,Tax officers,admin officers etc) and we did not write the same exam since it was based on professions. Please is the 19% the cut-off for all the exams irrespective of profession or just for a particular discipline and is the performance so bad that the cut off has to be that low? Moreover, when are the successful applicants likely to be contacted and is there still going to be any form of interview before the employment proper?

Regards
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by rusky(m): 8:46am On Dec 23, 2009
jacksparrow,

when you say that there will be no other interview, do you mean that if one is called now by FCC then he or she is getting an employment letter? kindly reply.

please can you put down your phone number so i can contact you directly? you can send it to ikeoboegbulem@yahoo.com
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by itsmayiela(m): 9:27am On Dec 23, 2009
@jacksparrow
U're a good nairalander. Blessed are those who share information freely. I pray we are all successful. But,what is the purpose of FCC in this exercise? Can somebody be removed from the list even if he was successful on merit? Assuming 40 people frm,say Lagos state, are shortlisted on merit,will FCC downsize them? so on what criteria are they going to remove ppl?

this question is not for jacksparrow but for all landers!
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by rusky(m): 9:58am On Dec 23, 2009
Jacksparrow,

Do you think they will contact us this december or in January? secondly, do you think it would be by text to our phones or by phone call?

kindly reply please.
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by BTRKINGS: 11:51am On Dec 23, 2009
Hmm! I just pray that we be successful 'cos this country has now turned to who knows who.God Abeg oooo
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by celemel(m): 6:56pm On Dec 23, 2009
@ ITSMAYIELA: Appointments to fed govt MDA's are based on the principle of Federal Character. All the slots are spread evenly among the 36+1 states of the federation. So, if more people from your state are shortlisted, the odds are more against you than say, Taraba State (purely a hypothetical analysis with no ill-motives meant here) where just 3 persons may come from. If the agency is to absorb 3 persons per state, then the 3 from Taraba would automatically be picked, no matter how poorly they performed in subsequent interviews. Conversely, if 10 persons were able to meet the minimum cut-off from say Akwa Ibom (charity begins at home jo!), the best 3 out of the pack would scale through. In all therefore, after the first stage of elimination (general), the competition boils down to individual states' indigenes, fighting among themselves to outdo one another to clinch the few alloted slots. That is the dilemma of the Federal Character principle. Its the reason you find extremely stupid person from one section of the country in strategic positions of authority against very brilliant ones from another part trying to play catch up. It sounds stupid but that is it! Thats they way we flow in Naija!
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by Logba: 9:29am On Dec 28, 2009
jacksparow ,

Please we are still awaiting your response and updated information on the situation of things.

Regards
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by itsmayiela(m): 7:17pm On Dec 28, 2009
@Logba
abeg,leave jacksparrow alone, he is celebrating xmas/new yr,
he willingly gives info to d house without any compulsion so dont make him get angry & starve us of info, grin
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by BTRKINGS: 3:12pm On Dec 29, 2009
i knw we shall all laugh last regarding this FIRS thing cos i just dey beg God and to Jacksparow,u are a perfect example of Captain Jack Sparrow.An unrestrained,Bigup!
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by Logba: 9:59am On Dec 31, 2009
I know jacksparow is on holiday. I wish him and all the house members happy xmas and a properous new year.
Re: Update On Firs Recruitment by blutman: 12:10pm On Dec 31, 2009
Lets march into 2010 with much hope.If God destined us to work in FIRS,so be it.no human being can stop us.Wishing you all a breakthru job in 2010.Jacksparrow,keep it up.cheers men.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment At VDT Communications Limited / FRSC Recruitment: Different Email Notifications, Could This Be Fraudulent/fake? / Icrc Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.