Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,024 members, 7,838,569 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu (5118 Views)

Checkout This Throwback Picture Of El-rufai And Wife / I Will Sign More Death Warrants — Oshiomhole / Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by ohisng(m): 11:35am On Dec 11, 2009
Hi,
On a serious note, ribadu should have appeared before the court.
That he fought well(?) does that make him now to be above the law?
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by udennaa: 11:40am On Dec 11, 2009
olisa07:

Jokers of all time !

when will this govt and police be ever serious ?

Alot of internal problems have not been attened to yet.

the mass killing by the police and the govt.

Weak up !!! leaders of this nation
that is niger for u,a nation under curse;suffice it to say that that the arrest warrant on el-rufai n rebadu are politically n ill motivated
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by ohisng(m): 11:56am On Dec 11, 2009
Right BUT why did ribadu NOT appear before the court? That he fought (?) corruption, does that now make him to be above the law?
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by 1luvkipsus: 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2009
Effort in futility.This rascality & show of shame must be condemned & stopped immediately.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by cvibe: 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2009
Nobody is above the law.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by nethacker(m): 12:26pm On Dec 11, 2009
ohisng:

Right BUT why did ribadu NOT appear before the court? That he fought (?) corruption, does that now make him to be above the law?
y must he appear b4 the court?we all knw what those scoundrels will do to him cos the verdict by the court is politically motivated.Its not just by saying "he must come" dat will solve this problem,
Its by resisting our incapable govt frm executing a malevolent act on innocent Nigerians angry
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 11, 2009
Nigeria nonetheless is an outright "FAILED STATE" :<wink At least for now.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by OKEYCHIVIV(m): 12:52pm On Dec 11, 2009
Is there no case for Odili and Ibori to answer?,OBJ nko?
Anything worth doing is worth doing well-selective justice is not
what we want;though Ribadu is guilty of that too.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by bisiaet: 12:55pm On Dec 11, 2009
To hell with Ibori, AGF, Bleep you all you silly things!!!!
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by tokunegiye(m): 1:17pm On Dec 11, 2009
arrest for what?
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by nethacker(m): 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2009
tokunegiye:

arrest for what?
Non declaration of assets b4 n after office.imagine!!!! angry I dnt knw wen that one become a crime oooo . meanwhile,most of them did nt declare anything angry
Nonsense!! angry
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by redsun(m): 1:30pm On Dec 11, 2009
Nigerian police does not have the credibilities for interpol recognition and co-operation.Nigerian police force is a criminal syndicate working for the  mob and illegitimate gangsters we call leaders in nigeria.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Depilot(m): 2:54pm On Dec 11, 2009
So, because we have bad leaders in Nigeria we all should be running out of the country whenever our actions are questioned?
Way to go, people.

We shall get there as soon as we are all willing to put our sensitive feelings aside and concentrate on identifying what is right and what is wrong.
I hate to state that what we are reading on this topic is exactly how our leaders view things in Abuja; and this is why nothing is done or will ever be done.

Instead of all of us to pay more attention to what David has done wrong and how it could be prevented in future, we are all busy defending David just because John who happens to be challenging David's illegal actions is also a bad leader. And this how it goes in Abuja today.
Nobody has the wisdom and courage (both here and in Abuja) to say fuc k David and fuc k John, this country belongs to us and we are ready to make things right.

It is very sad.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by asoderock(m): 2:57pm On Dec 11, 2009
The move is at best a distraction and at worst an empty blabbling by the Nigerian Police force.

Shouldn't NPF rather concentrate on improving its image home and abroad , and arresting many comfirmed political thieves at their doorstep, rather than issuing useless warants It knows will be dismissed with a wave of hand by either Interpol or any foreign government.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Depilot(m): 3:00pm On Dec 11, 2009
I think together when we become smarter and mature enough to condemn all these people: from AGF to Ibori, from Ribadu to El-rufai, from Obasanjo to IBB, from Odeli to Tinubu, from Akala to Kalu and so on; Our country, Nigeria will be rescued from the blood suckers.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by redsun(m): 3:07pm On Dec 11, 2009
Can demons cast out demons?
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Afam(m): 3:15pm On Dec 11, 2009
The irony of this is that while a lot of serious pressing problems confront us daily it is an issue of non declaration of assets not looting or embezzling of public funds that is being taken to the front burner.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by udennaa: 3:25pm On Dec 11, 2009
Afam:

The irony of this is that while a lot of serious pressing problems confront us daily it is an issue of non declaration of assets not looting or embezzling of public funds that is being taken to the front burner.
nethacker:

Non declaration of assets b4 n after office.imagine!!!! angry I dnt knw wen that one become a crime oooo . meanwhile,most of them did nt declare anything angry
Nonsense!! angry
OKEYCHIVIV:

Is there no case for Odili and Ibori to answer?,OBJ nko?
Anything worth doing is worth doing well-selective justice is not
what we want;though Ribadu is guilty of that too.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 3:30pm On Dec 11, 2009
a nigerian man that currently lives in lagos said this:

I believe that El Rufai wrote a letter about returning to Nigeria. Why is he still outside. Some jobless Diasporans are saying that other people should be arrested first. As an armed robber, I should tell the police to arrest other robbers first?

This celebrity show will not get them anywhere. If they are innocent, they should go and prove it in the court.Did Ribadu ever give anybody the chance to prove his innocence. He was usin Gestapo tactics when he had the power. El Rufai was demolishing peoples' houses without regards to the courts.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by chidichris(m): 4:25pm On Dec 11, 2009
when Ribadu was steering the EFCC,the name EFCC sent shivers down criminals' spines.
   now i sometimes forget the name of the present EFCC chairman.

@akaraiwe,
you are right many were wetting their pants over the hearing of the name ribadu and the fear of ribadu and obasanjo became the begining of wisdom in nigeria yet that regime hosted the highest level of corruption in the history of nigeria and i stand to be corrected.
be informed that slapping and beating anti obasanjo groups was never a way of fighting corruption. if you call the present efcc toothless bulldog, i will agree but this toothless bulldog is far more effective that the barking dog of obasanjo. this toothless bulldog is able to bring big fishes like fani kayode, borrishade and someother invincible criminals to our courts and as we discuss, a white hair criminal who was so untouchable under your ribadu is behind bars courtsy of our toothless bulldog. let us face the facts and help nigeria move forward. when has accountability become a crime? when will democracy be power to the people. i can't believe that a ribadu that sworn before us to fight corruption to his grave is now a wanted man who has refused and rejected all court orders. how will this country move forward if all of us refuse to appear in courts when we are invited? does ribadu in any way above the laws of the country? are there other legal ways of proving your innocence besides the courts? what kind of funny people are we? read through my posts here, from the days of ribadu's madness, i have been saying it, ribadu is a product of our corruption manufacturing company(the nigerian police) and his actions displayed no differences. most of his victims were pronounced guity before their arrests. a learned policeman come to the media to call an elected governor of a state a criminal even without arrest which is against the law of the country that an accused is and will remain innocent until proven guilty. to me, he never appeal to me as a corruption fighting agent rather he has been to me a multiplying factor otherwise a tool or that wicked old fool who could be unreasonable even to sleep with his own daughter inlaw. in a country where morally dead fools are leader, the future is as dark as nigeria.

@afam,
since when have all these pressing issues of accountabilities become irony? it was not irony when the federal allocations where been shared among federal criminals. it was never irony when ribadu left all federal criminals and was running after state and local criminals. it was never an irony to see ribadu wine and dine with armed criminals like borrishade, bode goerge, fani kayode, andy uba, tony annenih, obasanjo and host lot of others.
could you please explain to us what the irony here is asking el rufai and ribadu to come back to nigeria and explain certain issues the new leaders found confusing. is accountability a crime in democracy?

@topic,
stupidity wearing the uniform of wiseness has taken over nigeria and our grammatical ability has become the basis to rate our abilities as a pupil hence nigerians have left the objects for shadows.
ribadu and everyother self acclaimed servant of nigeria both past and present must be ready to account for their stewardship because nigeria is not a private company of a particular group.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by CyberG: 5:43pm On Dec 11, 2009
Akanbi_edu:

I hate it when people say this. This is an insult to all Nigerians.

Look, village head master. . .you never left your village to see life in other countries? Take it from someone who has been in various countries. . .IT IS ONLY IN NIGERIA this madness happens and IT IS ONLY IN NIGERIA that ignorant people hate it when they are called-out on something!
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by ozalogbo: 5:52pm On Dec 11, 2009
We are so sentimental in our perceptions that we have lost all objective judgement. That is why many ignorantly celebrate Ribadu. What I learnt from his fight against corruption is that you can keep stealing public funds, provided you remain loyal to the powers that be. This is the man many ignorantly celebrate as the anti-corruption czar. We are very eagar for a change. Corruption has done us. Anyone who therefore packages himself as an anti-corruption fighter is received with warm arms. Ibori lost his immunity on 29th May, 1999 when he ceased to be the Governor of Delta State. Why did Ribadu wait till December 2007 before he arrested him? Ribadu was playing politics and scheming. It was when he lost out that he chose to move against Ibori. Imagine him receiving petitions on corruption against two individuals and investigating and prosecuting one while leaving the other one because the latter one is loyal to the powers that be. Is this how to fight corruption? Think, Nigerians, think. What we need is a system and structure manned by a courageous and uncompromising person who will do the work without fear or favour, not in the mould of Ribadu the ambitious politician. What goes round comes around. He should come home and answer to the charges prefered against him. All these comments of sentiment will take us no where!
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by CyberG: 5:53pm On Dec 11, 2009
The useless Nigerian Police and their supporters (mostly corrupt and ignorant people) think InterPol is in the dark as to what is happening in Nigeria? I will make a BIG bet that Ribadu WILL NOT be arrested by InterPol! They are not dummies who do things without using their brain and looking at hard evidence!

Pray, do Nigerian Police of today and most Nigerians who live in Nigeria ever seen what a Police Department of a State can do? Heck, did I say State? No, just the Police Service of a big city? Gosh, where do I begin to break it down for you? I have seen a police service so efficient, the records of everything and everyone is archived back to the 19th century and is available in less than a minute if they needed to check it! Now, you think InterPol will waste his time on Nigeria like they are so dead and have not been paying attention to everything? The intelligence gathering when Nigeria and his security forces are sleeping on duty is forever on and a dossier on the idiots making this request is already available for printing! What a loser and shameful country without sense!
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by chidichris(m): 6:30pm On Dec 11, 2009
The useless Nigerian Police and their supporters (mostly corrupt and ignorant people) think InterPol is in the dark as to what is happening in Nigeria? I will make a BIG bet that Ribadu WILL NOT be arrested by InterPol! They are not dummies who do things without using their brain and looking at hard evidence!

Pray, do Nigerian Police of today and most Nigerians who live in Nigeria ever seen what a Police Department of a State can do? Heck, did I say State? No, just the Police Service of a big city? Gosh, where do I begin to break it down for you? I have seen a police service so efficient, the records of everything and everyone is archived back to the 19th century and is available in less than a minute if they needed to check it! Now, you think InterPol will waste his time on Nigeria like they are so dead and have not been paying attention to everything? The intelligence gathering when Nigeria and his security forces are sleeping on duty is forever on and a dossier on the idiots making this request is already available for printing! What a loser and shameful country without sense!

@cyberg,
if u are in canada as i suspect, u are a canadian, idiot.
ribadu is of the nigerian police which has no difference with what we have in the police of today.
in canada, who is their corruption czar there? can u name one person in charge of the country as a corruption guru? societies and states are built on structures and organisations and not on ribadus and el rufias.
as we speak, there is no file or documented evidences of most of the transactions handled by ur ribadu and el rufai as they were just operating on obj's instructions.
any developed country must be based on structures and organisations which will definitely make rooms for continuity but what do we have here. a ribadu and an el rufai leaving office with all files and documents so that a new person will start afresh and when calls are made for certain information, things like u will start displaying ignorance in the name of wisdom.
pls tell me, how come all the indictments and judgements passed against atiku are yet to take effect till date. ribadu convienced us all that atiku was a criminal but we saw atiku at the presidential polls and when ribadu and obj achieved their political objectives of imposing yar adua on us, nothing happened to atiku and he seized to be a criminal.
u are right if you say interpol will not arrest ribadu but be rest assured that all the funds that he has been throwing about will finish one day and if he is unlucky, he will come back to face the music.
in a simple language, tell us the difference between the case against alams in london and that of andy uba in the usa under the same ribadu. in addittion, tell me why one had to go to jail while the other remains a saint.
the name of the game is selective justice and that did more harm than help to nigeria and nigerians and i will be here to lecture on my position in case u are not well informed on his role as a mad dog against all anti third term politicians.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 6:35pm On Dec 11, 2009
Depilot:

So, because we have bad leaders in Nigeria we all should be running out of the country whenever our actions are questioned?
Way to go, people.

We shall get there as soon as we are all willing to put our sensitive feelings aside and concentrate on identifying what is right and what is wrong.
I hate to state that what we are reading on this topic is exactly how our leaders view things in Abuja; and this is why nothing is done or will ever be done.

Instead of all of us to pay more attention to what David has done wrong and how it could be prevented in future, we are all busy defending David just because John who happens to be challenging David's illegal actions is also a bad leader. And this how it goes in Abuja today.
Nobody has the wisdom and courage (both here and in Abuja) to say fuc k David and fuc k John, this country belongs to us and we are ready to make things right.

It is very sad.

amen

Depilot:

I think together when we become smarter and mature enough to condemn all these people: from AGF to Ibori, from Ribadu to El-rufai, from Obasanjo to IBB, from Odeli to Tinubu, from Akala to Kalu and so on; Our country, Nigeria will be rescued from the blood suckers.

i completely agree

chidichris:

@topic,
stupidity wearing the uniform of wiseness has taken over nigeria and our grammatical ability has become the basis to rate our abilities as a pupil hence nigerians have left the objects for shadows.
ribadu and everyother self acclaimed servant of nigeria both past and present must be ready to account for their stewardship because nigeria is not a private company of a particular group.
thanks you, sir

ozalogbo:

[b]We are so sentimental in our perceptions that we have lost all objective judgement. That is why many ignorantly celebrate Ribadu. What I learnt from his fight against corruption is that you can keep stealing public funds, provided you remain loyal to the powers that be. This is the man many ignorantly celebrate as the anti-corruption czar. We are very eagar for a change. Corruption has done us. Anyone who therefore packages himself as an anti-corruption fighter is received with warm arms. Ibori lost his immunity on 29th May, 1999 when he ceased to be the Governor of Delta State. Why did Ribadu wait till December 2007 before he arrested him? Ribadu was playing politics and scheming. It was when he lost out that he chose to move against Ibori. Imagine him receiving petitions on corruption against two individuals and investigating and prosecuting one while leaving the other one because the latter one is loyal to the powers that be. Is this how to fight corruption? Think, Nigerians, think. What we need is a system and structure manned by a courageous and uncompromising person who will do the work without fear or favour, not in the mould of Ribadu the ambitious politician. What goes round comes around. He should come home and answer to the charges prefered against him. All these comments of sentiment will take us no where![/b]
you can say it again.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by laru: 7:15pm On Dec 11, 2009
It is obvious irrespective of what some of you think that this is a clear case of witch hunt by the Big shoes that has been stepped on.
Let me remind you if you have forgotten. Immediately the Minster of Justice came on board he declared war on EFCC and started shouting rule of Law. He was protecting the corrupt governors who were his client as a lawyer one of which is Ibori.

Ribadu and El-Rufai must have made mistakes in the cause of their assignment but i tell you, in their own little way, they changed the perspective of things and showed to us that nobody is untouchable. In the days of Ribadu, Ibori, Fayose, Bafarawa to mention a few will not be working about attending functions, making donations and even collecting contracts form this rule of law govenment.

The new war on Banks by EFCC is a strategy to divert our attention from the corrupt politicians.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by PastorOla1: 8:17pm On Dec 11, 2009
Let see how far they can go, am sure they can't go far but they will Learn one or two going internation.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Afam(m): 8:48pm On Dec 11, 2009
ozalogbo:

We are so sentimental in our perceptions that we have lost all objective judgement. That is why many ignorantly celebrate Ribadu. What I learnt from his fight against corruption is that you can keep stealing public funds, provided you remain loyal to the powers that be. This is the man many ignorantly celebrate as the anti-corruption czar. We are very eagar for a change. Corruption has done us. Anyone who therefore packages himself as an anti-corruption fighter is received with warm arms. Ibori lost his immunity on 29th May, 1999 when he ceased to be the Governor of Delta State. Why did Ribadu wait till December 2007 before he arrested him? Ribadu was playing politics and scheming. It was when he lost out that he chose to move against Ibori. Imagine him receiving petitions on corruption against two individuals and investigating and prosecuting one while leaving the other one because the latter one is loyal to the powers that be. Is this how to fight corruption? Think, Nigerians, think. What we need is a system and structure manned by a courageous and uncompromising person who will do the work without fear or favour, not in the mould of Ribadu the ambitious politician. What goes round comes around. He should come home and answer to the charges prefered against him. All these comments of sentiment will take us no where!

For someone that consistently called others ignorant people the quote above in bold can only be made by someone who is not only ignorant but confused and clueless with no respect for facts whatsoever.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by ozalogbo: 9:11pm On Dec 11, 2009
You trivialise the fundamental errors of Ribadu by describing them as mistakess. No, they are not. There is a wide gap between a mistake and an error. His errors were fundamental and systematic. All humans at one time or the other make mistakes. His were no mistakes, please
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 11, 2009
I think the fundamental error of this argument is the attempt by those who support Ribadu to agree that he was selective. I think folks make this point in an attempt to appear sensible, show empathy to those who disagree with us and maybe try to get them more reasonable.

But the unfortunate truth is that Ribadu's adversaries have chosen to be unreasonable and will never be.

I reject the notion that Ribadu was selective and the reason is simple. It is not the duty of the EFCC chairman to keep an inventry of who are OBJ's friends and those who are not. The practise where people run to the media to declare a made-up enmity with the President as soon as a corruption case was instituted against them was very effective at the time, you hope that with the benefit of hindsight Nigerians would have known better but it is unfortunately not a very Nigerian thing to differentiate truths from lies. The ICON of fight against 3rd and those who did more than anyone else to stop 3rd were the Duo of Masari and Ken Nnamani because they led the NASS that brought the 3rd term agenda to its knees. They were never guests of Ribadu because they had no question to answer at the time.

The Notion that the likes of Ibori, Orji, Alamesiegha who had no votes in the NASS at the time keep calling themselves champions of anti-3rd term is a very ridiculous political argument that can only hold water in Nigeria.

I also think that is you take a statistics of those who Ribadu charged. There were more PDP victims than any other political party. Again those who make the argument that they were being victimised for hollow reasons can not be making a more hollow argument when the leader of opposition at the time Mohamadu Buhari was never threatened by the EFCC.

Ribadu did his job as he knew how best to do it. I thought he did a great job.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Depilot(m): 10:39pm On Dec 11, 2009
If we continue to allow our sensitive feelings to control our views on things in Nigeria, this great nation will never move forward.

Nobody is above the law, Ribadu and El-rufai should return home as soon as possible to defend themselves.

Running or hidding doesn't speak well of these 2 individuals and definitely sends wrong message to the youngstars (the future of this country).
Akingbola, one of the CEO of the troubled bank has already followed the same step. And I'm sure that many are also waiting to do the same as soon as their illegal actions are challenged. How long are we willing to stand and allow our country to continue to crumble?

If you love this country, you will encourage Ribadu and El-rufair to return right away, present their cases and make their enemies look foolish.

As a great citizen, it is simply the right thing to do.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 11, 2009
please what should Ribadu come home to defend himself on?

its shameful that you continue to make this comment one week after a Tribunal recognised in law has confirmed that Ribadu is innocent of the only charges against him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Is Not Against Nigerian Society - Yuguda / Robert Mugabe Vs The White Man / The Biggest Steel Factory In West Africa Is Being Built In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.