Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,204 members, 7,839,106 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu (5120 Views)

Checkout This Throwback Picture Of El-rufai And Wife / I Will Sign More Death Warrants — Oshiomhole / Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by CyberG: 11:32pm On Dec 11, 2009
chidichris:

@cyberg,
if u are in canada as i suspect, u are a canadian, slowpoke.
ribadu is of the nigerian police which has no difference with what we have in the police of today.
in canada, who is their corruption czar there? can u name one person in charge of the country as a corruption guru? societies and states are built on structures and organisations and not on ribadus and el rufias.
as we speak, there is no file or documented evidences of most of the transactions handled by your ribadu and el rufai as they were just operating on obj's instructions.
any developed country must be based on structures and organisations which will definitely make rooms for continuity but what do we have here. a ribadu and an el rufai leaving office with all files and documents so that a new person will start afresh and when calls are made for certain information, things like u will start displaying ignorance in the name of wisdom.
pls tell me, how come all the indictments and judgements passed against atiku are yet to take effect till date. ribadu convienced us all that atiku was a criminal but we saw atiku at the presidential polls and when ribadu and obj achieved their political objectives of imposing yar adua on us, nothing happened to atiku and he seized to be a criminal.
u are right if you say interpol will not arrest ribadu but be rest assured that all the funds that he has been throwing about will finish one day and if he is unlucky, he will come back to face the music.
in a simple language, tell us the difference between the case against alams in london and that of andy uba in the usa under the same ribadu. in addittion, tell me why one had to go to jail while the other remains a saint.
the name of the game is selective justice and that did more harm than help to nigeria and nigerians and i will be here to lecture on my position in case u are not well informed on his role as a mad dog against all anti third term politicians.

Look, you indeed are the big fat idio.t for stepping to someone you know not! If you have a comment, stupid or sensible, make it but don't attempt to play way out of your league! Don't step out of line for you will be fishing in trouble waters!
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by olanajim(m): 11:40pm On Dec 11, 2009
I believe everyone of us follow the news. For two years, the EFCC tried to get INTERPOL arrest the two men but failed. I know this because I happened to know someone who know. When they failed, they used that excused as the reason not to release Ibori's witness to testify in London court. But for the pressure from many quarters, Ibori's mistress will never have been allowed to go to London to testify. The AGF was trying to use the case to blackmail the British govt to arrest Ribadu and El Rufai who always visit the place.

Now, my sentiment is this. Why will the stupid EFC wait till El Rufa announced the date of his return to the country before asking INTERPOL to arrest him? Let su look at it objectively. Forget whatever reason The two men are being wanted. let look at that fact alone and see if we indeed have responsible law enforcement agencies in the country.

They are taking Nigerians for granted by acting as if we are stupid. And I am surprised that many people are here buying the idea. El Rufai was told to delay his return to the country but he choose to return and even wrote all the media houses home and abroad about the date he will return. Not only that, he was oon BBC to confirm that he will return. And to my chargrin, I woke up the following day to find the news that EFCC has asked INTERPOL to arrest him and Ribadu!

Who are they fooling? I think for once, we should give the El rufai his due.  If he announced the date of his return openly inspite of the dangers, then all we must do is wait till he return and let the court do his work.

I still wonder why we are chasing people like el rufai who was accused of stealing the money that was not missing while we all hail the EFCC for allowing Iboris and co walk round the country like king. SOmething must be wrong with us. In a sane country, Ibori would have been chased out of the country. Anyway, I believe he is free because the court make him free. and because Ribadu who is holding his case file is on exile.

What next? we shouldnt lose our sleep over el Rufai, let us allow him to defend himself in court. I hope the hawk will not try to hurt him.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by OAM4J: 4:59am On Dec 12, 2009
mikeansy:

please what should Ribadu come home to defend himself on?

its shameful that you continue to make this comment one week after a Tribunal recognised in law has confirmed that Ribadu is innocent of the only charges against him.

I wonder why they are looking for him o. The court has all the evidences that he declared his assets, and had said so. what else are they looking for?

And El Rufai said he will be in Nigeria by 27th December. http://www.pointblanknews.com/os2552.html (I just hope they wont kill him)
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by beefy23(m): 6:55am On Dec 12, 2009
There have been quite a few eloquent posts on the subject matter of the thread which I will not add to but allow me to nitpick on a smallish point.

Someone has already pointed out that the title needs to be corrected except if the 'plolice' is a new form of lingo that has been circulating in 9ja that those who have not been around for a while may not know about.

Considering that the forum has an international readership - it would be nice to at least demonstrate that there is a good level of education at home in spite of what others outside may think  wink
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by donaldjeo: 10:41am On Dec 12, 2009
Hmmm interesting
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 12, 2009
What are the offences of these men if i may ask?
First,both were accused of being obasanjo boys.While el-rufai was a minister,he made more enemies than friends:people who got lands illegally and he retrieved from,those those who saw him as a stubborn & obasanjo loyalist and a few other useless people he sent out of the capital territory.In the political realm lies el-rufai's problem but technically,he tried as much as possible to restore the abuja masterplan and decongest the city.I remembered when Area 1 underbridge was once a robber's den,thanks to el-rufai for bring sanity to abuja and now,the police is looking for him to crucify him.Where was the nigeria police force when he was a minister,why was he not arrested?.

Speaking of ribadu,although he fought corruption on a selective level.I dont blame him but i blame the ACT putting the powers of efcc in the hands of the president.Ribadu opened cans of worms,made more enemies than any public officer.Notably is james ibori whom he accused of corruption but today the hunter is being hunted,ibori has virtually been left off the hook from his corruption cases.Ribadu and el rufai are only being caught in the web just like when two elephants fight,the grass suffers.This fight is between the godfather of the duo olusegun obasanjo and a powerful and faceless force who is bent on sending obasanjo to political extinction until then,lets see how events unfold.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by chidichris(m): 3:07pm On Dec 12, 2009
I believe everyone of us follow the news. For two years, the EFCC tried to get INTERPOL arrest the two men but failed. I know this because I happened to know someone who know. When they failed, they used that excused as the reason not to release Ibori's witness to testify in London court. But for the pressure from many quarters, Ibori's mistress will never have been allowed to go to London to testify. The AGF was trying to use the case to blackmail the British govt to arrest Ribadu and El Rufai who always visit the place.

Now, my sentiment is this. Why will the silly EFC wait till El Rufa announced the date of his return to the country before asking INTERPOL to arrest him? Let su look at it objectively. Forget whatever reason The two men are being wanted. let look at that fact alone and see if we indeed have responsible law enforcement agencies in the country.

They are taking Nigerians for granted by acting as if we are silly. And I am surprised that many people are here buying the idea. El Rufai was told to delay his return to the country but he choose to return and even wrote all the media houses home and abroad about the date he will return. Not only that, he was oon BBC to confirm that he will return. And to my chargrin, I woke up the following day to find the news that EFCC has asked INTERPOL to arrest him and Ribadu!

Who are they fooling? I think for once, we should give the El rufai his due. If he announced the date of his return openly inspite of the dangers, then all we must do is wait till he return and let the court do his work.

I still wonder why we are chasing people like el rufai who was accused of stealing the money that was not missing while we all hail the EFCC for allowing Iboris and co walk round the country like king. SOmething must be wrong with us. In a sane country, Ibori would have been chased out of the country. Anyway, I believe he is free because the court make him free. and because Ribadu who is holding his case file is on exile.

What next? we shouldnt lose our sleep over el Rufai, let us allow him to defend himself in court. I hope the hawk will not try to hurt him.

@olanajim,
if you say they are fooling us all, i will accept that and my accepting this is based on my belief that from 1999 till date, there is practically no change of govt.
if el rufai is writting to comfirm his arrieval to nigeria, my question will be why now? is the ground now level for a soft landing? we must accept the fact that the same machine that produced el rufai and ribadu produced the new chap - ribadu.
if they are birds of a feather, what is our interest? if someone is after them, i want to believe it is an internal problem then.
this said study leaves embark by the two giants were made necessary by the failure of third term and the subsequent introduction of a weak and sick person whose influence is not that great to protect the two big boys as was the case in the days of the grand master.
i always go crazy when ever the issue of ibori and orji uzor kalu are handled hand in hand with el rufai and ribadu's matters.
assumming kalu and ibori are comfirmed criminals, in what ways are they related with all the federal contracts that were awarded between 1999 to 2007?
we as a country has problems of bad roads, security, corruption, power supply and electorial frauds just to mention but a few that is talking at the national levels. the big question here must be, who are responsible? how many people are answering questions on the national failures? the real answer is none and that will make us look at the names ibori and kalu. they are state thieves but if these two states have criminals, what is happening in the other states where obj loyalists like odili of river state and achike udenwa of imo state who are not criminals.
ribadu boasted of 31 indicted govs under obj, so where is the list.
let every real fight against corruption start from aso rock and nigeria will go better but leave the criminals in the rock and start decieving nigerians and nothing will change for good.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by ozalogbo: 9:02pm On Dec 12, 2009
@Chidichris
Objective people like you are hard to find
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:57pm On Dec 13, 2009
i laugh at my own self-inflicted ignorance and hope it has not infected you all.
Ibori is the main reason why the FG wants Ribadu killed at all cost. The same IBORI of ASCOT and NOTORE (previously NAFCON) we all seem to be distracted inot trading intelligence with the Federal Government when the real motive behind it is hidden from us al
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by TYPOP(m): 11:52pm On Dec 13, 2009
Why all these jokes from unrepentant jokers? You may want to check out their acts or better brutal acts on https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-364282.0.html. Trust me, these guys are devils.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by stede(m): 4:46pm On Dec 14, 2009
OAM4J:

I wonder why they are looking for him o. The court has all the evidences that he declared his assets, and had said so. what else are they looking for?

And El Rufai said he will be in Nigeria by 27th December. http://www.pointblanknews.com/os2552.html (I just hope they wont kill him)
but why troubling these gurls, why don't they deal with the giants of corruption first,
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by afrikaam(m): 8:37pm On Dec 14, 2009
So whats new. Political assassination in order to crub potential rivals. The political elite need to be held accountable for their actions. All this looting and nobody seems to be really getting punished. There in lies the problem.

I hope they bring these folk to justice.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Naija0071: 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2009
Its a pity, what is our Naija becoming?
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by chidichris(m): 5:52pm On Dec 15, 2009
what happened in the case of atiku where ribadu made noise? the case died as soon as the electorial objective of obj was achieved.
if u look at our federal roads, power supply, security and everyother areas of federal interests, we will all agree that ibori and orji uzor kalu are pure and perfect saints in the nigerian context.
if obj with the aid of ribadu and el rufai privatized nigeria, what stops kalu and ibori etc from privatizing their various states.
as long as nigeria and nigerians continue in this decietful moves of leaving the real objects for shadows, we will not go anywhere and we will continue in our darkness.
this is 10yrs plus of pdp rulership in nigeria, how far have we gone in our developmental processes? what is the relationship with the security before 1999 and today? what are the differences on our roads before and now? we are practically moving backward.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Afam(m): 6:21pm On Dec 15, 2009
chidichris:

what happened in the case of atiku where ribadu made noise? the case died as soon as the electorial objective of obj was achieved.
if u look at our federal roads, power supply, security and everyother areas of federal interests, we will all agree that ibori and orji uzor kalu are pure and perfect saints in the nigerian context.
if obj with the aid of ribadu and el rufai privatized nigeria, what stops kalu and ibori etc from privatizing their various states.
as long as nigeria and nigerians continue in this decietful moves of leaving the real objects for shadows, we will not go anywhere and we will continue in our darkness.
this is 10yrs plus of pdp rulership in nigeria, how far have we gone in our developmental processes? what is the relationship with the security before 1999 and today? what are the differences on our roads before and now? we are practically moving backward.

Let me confess I didn't read more than the first line as I just decided to scan the post for the name OBJ and before the end of the first line it just showed up.

Won't be surprised if this guy sees OBJ in his sleep every night. Dis kain obsession na complete wonderment sha.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by ozalogbo: 8:17pm On Dec 15, 2009
@Afam
I expect you to look at the issues chidichris raised and address them. Like is common with many commentators, you avoided them and treated irrelevance.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by OYBMEND: 10:59pm On Dec 15, 2009
ozalogbo:

@Afam
I expect you to look at the issues chidichris raised and address them. Like is common with many commentators, you avoided them and treated irrelevance.

I have always been wondering the relationship btw ozolagbo and chris

Because a man who thinks the debate about el-rufai or ribadu's arrest should attract OBJ and call that objectivity will either be Chris himself pretending to be someone else or he must be Chris' twin brother.

And all of a sudden Ozolagbo has immediately risen to the defence of Chris in response to Afam's post.
From now onwards I will be scanning Ozolagbo's post for the 3 lletter word OBJ.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Afam(m): 4:47pm On Dec 16, 2009
ozalogbo:

@Afam

Well, I am not hear to do what you expect, sorry about that.

OYB_MEND:

I have always been wondering the relationship btw ozolagbo and chris

Because a man who thinks the debate about el-rufai or ribadu's arrest should attract OBJ and call that objectivity will either be Chris himself pretending to be someone else or he must be Chris' twin brother.

And all of a sudden Ozolagbo has immediately risen to the defence of Chris in response to Afam's post.
From now onwards I will be scanning Ozolagbo's post for the 3 lletter word OBJ.

Maybe the guy is now using multiple usernames.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fg Rolls Out Plan For Rail Network Service / Tambuwal Joins Presidential Race, APC Intrigues Deepen / 2015: Will History Be Repeated In These Places?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.