Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Watchtower Vs “Apostate”, Who Really Lie? Let The Facts Speaks For Themselves - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Watchtower Vs “Apostate”, Who Really Lie? Let The Facts Speaks For Themselves (473 Views)

Let All The Evolutionists Come And See Where The Problems Really Lie / Who Really Benefits From Nigeria's 'prosperity Gospel'? (BBC News) / Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Watchtower Vs “Apostate”, Who Really Lie? Let The Facts Speaks For Themselves by ChristianFreedo(m): 12:09pm On Feb 23, 2017
WATCHTOWER VS “APOSTATE”, WHO REALLY LIE? LET THE FACTS SPEAKS FOR THEMSELVES

“WHAT results when a lie is let go unchallenged? Does not silence help the lie to pass as truth, to have freer sway to influence many, perhaps to their serious harm? ... When persons are in great danger from a source that they do not suspect, or are being misled by those they consider their friends, is it an unkindness to warn them? They may prefer not to believe the warning. They may even resent it. But does that free one from the moral responsibility to give that warning?”- Watchtower, January 15, 1974, Pages 35

Jehovah’s witnesses, “the rank and files” are trained to hate “apostate”, view them as instrument of Satan, mentally disease, and dead. They are told anything coming from a former member is necessarily a lie. When I posted this topic “Jehovah’s Witnesses Promote Police Hatred At 2016 Summer Conventions” on July 13, 2016, a certain jworg nairaland member claims that what was posted were “half-truth mixed with outright lies”. The exchange could be found in the comment section in the link above.

He seems nice at first, his response was mannered, then I noticed a pattern. He was avoiding certain questions, emphasing on those aspect he knows are favourable to the organization and easy to answer, emphasizing and reemphasizing on those areas. Needless to say, he did not answer most of the questions I asked him, which could have reveal the “half-truth mixed with outright lies” he claimed "apostate" say.

That was when I suspected he may be working in bethel, or an insider in the organization. Probably, the organization has come to hear of some information about the watchtower in nairaland, a popular site in Nigeria. The organization’s policies has always been that of silence, in situations like this, in order to avoid publicity of those issues. They may have had need to try to minimize the effect of whatever information presented in this forum. When I suspected that, he had made the claim the apostate lies, so, I needed him to point out the “half-truth mixed with outright lies”. There is no need to say, he has not responded since then, you can find the conversation in this link and see for yourself if these where “half-truth mixed with outright lies”.

https://www.nairaland.com/3223626/jehovahs-witnesses-promote-police-hatred

What I think is that whoever he is, (whoever sent him, as the case may be), they must have realized that it was a terrible mistake, a terrible mistake to try to defend the watchtower organization in an open, uncontrolled space as the nairaland forum, where information can come from anywhere. Where documents that should otherwise have been controlled, to avoid it falling into the wrong hands can been seen and read by all. This is probably why, the watchtower cannot bring themselves in the open to defend what they claim to be “apostate lies”, aside from the one-direction flow of information in the publications and other materials (from anonymous writers), no forum for questions to be asked, objections, or critical analysis of biblical text, absolutely none - just a one-sided flow of controlled and censored information in a controlled environment.

You see, this is the beauty of the internet, especially in a popular forum, where one can remain anonymous, while expressing himself/herself without fear of what the organization will do. In all honesty, I cannot throw this questions to the elders or the organization without some serious consequences, the worse being shunning leading to lose of family and love ones.
Re: Watchtower Vs “Apostate”, Who Really Lie? Let The Facts Speaks For Themselves by ChristianFreedo(m): 12:09pm On Feb 23, 2017
DECEPTION IN WATCHTOWER ARTICLE OF RECENT TIMES

When thoughts or words are in written form, it is hard to deny them. Like I read some months ago, from a poster in another popular forum (I can’t remember exactly where), ‘the real enemy of the watchtower is their publications, not the apostate’.
With the level of trust JWs have on the watchtower organization, it becomes easy for the organization to present information that is either out-rightly false, dishonest or half-false. A typical example is what was discourse, just about 2 weeks ago, in the watchtower of November, 2016.

Funny enough, the watchtower of December, 2016 said in page 8, par. 19 on dishonesty:
“For example, a man tells his boss or those who work with him that he needs to leave work early because he has a medical appointment. But this is not the real reason. He wants to leave early on his vacation. His “medical appointment” is actually just a quick visit to the pharmacy or to the doctor’s office to pay a bill. Is he being honest, or is he deceiving others? The man led others to believe something that was not true. At times, people deceive others to get something they want or to avoid punishment. But we obey Jehovah, who said: “You must not deceive.” We want to do what he says is right and holy. —Romans 6:19.”

However, two weeks before, the watchtower, had presented information that is not true to more than 8 million witnesses. The paragraph 2, on page 28, November 2016 watchtower said:

“Many years before World War I (1914-1918), Charles Taze Russell and other Bible Students realized that Christendom was not teaching the truth from the Bible. So they wanted nothing to do with false religion. Even in 1879, Zion’s Watch Tower said that every church that claims to be a loyal bride to Christ but that actually supports the governments is really part of Babylon the Great, which the Bible calls a prostitute. —Read Revelation 17:1, 2.”[/[/i]color]

Reading through the 1879 Zion watchtower, under the article, [i]“Babylon is Fallen”
, it becomes clear the publication statement was dishonest, meant to make witnesses think and believe what was not true. The referred part of the article said [color=#0000FF]“Every church claiming to be a chaste virgin espoused to Christ, but in reality, united to and supported by the world (beast) we must condemn as being in the scripture language a harlot church."
It also said “We believe that every true church member loyal to the bridegroom, feels with shame and pain that the nominal church is unfaithful to her espousal and is locked in the embrace of the world”

Today, the watchtower believes and preaches that the world is made of 3 part, namely:
 Government (the kings of the earth, of Re 18:9),
 Big business (travelling merchant of Re 18:11 ) and
 Religion (harlot or ‘babylon the great’ of the Re 18:2)

Going through the about 5 page article, it would be clear that:
 As at the time of writing the 1879 Zion watchtower article, “Babylon is fallen”, the watchtower never believed or preach that the world is world is divided into 3 parts, namely Government, Business and Religion
 The article never said the church supported the government, (as the watchtower tries to present today) but the world (beast), which was their interpretation then.
 The article never preaches the message of narrow salvation as preached by the watchtower today. It said “the true church is composed of all who love the Lord Jesus in truth and sincerity whether in or out of these organizations, who wait for the coming bridegroom, he recognizes.”
 As at the time of the said publication “Babylon is Fallen” The watchtower believed that the church as a system (system of papacy), not the individual members was Babylon the great, it said “mark me-i do not say that all the members of the Catholic Church became abominations to the Lord, but the papacy as a system-church state organization”.

NB: That probably explains why they were simply bible student, with no central organization with control binding on all members as can be seen today. When the movement of the bible student started, they came out of religious organisation, preach against religious organisation. There was simply no organisation, (that is a topic for another day) but the bible student were organized and accomplished much. It was during the second presidency of watchtower, J. F. Rutherford, that watchtower became an organization, with central control as is felt seen today.

So, for the watchtower to claim that “Even in 1879, Zion’s Watch Tower said that every church that claims to be a loyal bride to Christ but that actually supports the governments is really part of Babylon the Great” is clearly a lie, downrightly dishonest and meant to make about 8 million people think and believe what is not true.

Just two weeks later, the watchtower asked “Is he being honest, or is he deceiving others? The man led others to believe something that was not true. At times, people deceive others to get something they want or to avoid punishment. But we obey Jehovah, who said: “You must not deceive.” We want to do what he says is right and holy. —Romans 6:19.”

Is the watchtower truthful? Are they always honest? If the “apostate” claims watchtower lies, is it that part of the “apostate” driven lies? These and other questions will be left for the readers to answer for themselves after being thoroughly convince of the evidence presented. However, I came to a certain conclusion, never to put my “trust in princes nor in a son of man, who cannot bring salvation.” (Ps 146:3) "When anyone replies to a matter before he hears the facts, it is foolishness and humiliating" (Pro 18:13). Whenever anyone, government or an organization is never proud to say ‘Go and ask about me, you will find out I have been truthful’ or ‘anyone, government or organization that keeps telling me don’t try to listen to what other says about me, they will deceive you, they are my enemies, they want to destroy you or things like that’, then, certainly, trusting such a someone or organization or government is difficult for me.

The 1879 Zion watchtower publication (PDF) can be downloaded using this link, look for the heading “Babylon is Fallen”

https://archive.org/details/1879ZionsWatchTower

For more on watchtower’s dishonesty, please read the following:-

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/blog/jw-org-website.php

https://www.nairaland.com/3268997/jw.org-asks-person-resign-being

http://www.letusreason.org/JW8.htm

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/236562/watchtower-dishonesty?page=1

http://www.iclnet.org/pub/resources/text/apl/jw/ignatius.txt

http://jwemployees.bravehost.com/NewsReports/2015.html

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/misquotes-deception-lies.php

(1) (Reply)

Christians ,who Is The Saviour - God Or Jesus Christ ? / Islamic And ...... / Defiling Clothing: Type Of Dresses That Lead To Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.