Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,281 members, 7,954,115 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:35 PM

Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office (51590 Views)

Man Found Dead While Trying To Vandalize Transformer In Delta(photos) / Xenophobia: South Africans Looking For Nigerians & Other Foreigners (Photos) / Suspected Cultists Invade Surulere, Vandalize Cars, Steal Valuables (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
NorthernParrot:
Good riddance to bad rubbish
I detest these lazy SA folk, they are just jealous of the achievement of others
Atleast this is a warning sign... e done do for now
Jealous of what achievment?
They seem to achieve more here than we do in their country
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Btruth: 4:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
woodcook:
All MTN needs to do:

deduct equivalent of 30 sec call in Naira from all its subscriber here in Nigeria or

deduct 5mb data worth in Naira and call it system glitch.

and all losses are covered.

No matter how we decide to "play" Nigerians are at the mercy of MTN. grin grin
what make you think that Nigerians are at the mercy of MTN? You will be surprise what the Lord will do.
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by efilefun(m): 4:22pm On Feb 23, 2017
So buhari organized those dudes to go vandalize MTN office or did i miss something from the news?
Onechancearmy:
Even more stupidity from the Buhari regime that is always helpless whenever there is lawlessness. MTN Nigeria is incorporated under the laws of Nigeria. 95% of its workers are Nigerians.

Not that many South Africans actually work in the junior and middle management of the company in Nigeria.

If this stup.id administration is not careful, at the end of the day Nigeria will lose both ways:

1. The deaths of Nigerians in South Africa will go unpunished;

2. The South Africans will divest and pull out billions of dollars from our economy not to mention thousands of jobs lost.
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Mickyway: 4:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
People should learn not to take law into their own hands.
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by efilefun(m): 4:24pm On Feb 23, 2017
Most people are porting to NTEL already, heard their monthly unlimited data plan is just 10k, soon mtn will pack their load and no one will miss them
Btruth:
what make you think that Nigerians are at the mercy of MTN? You will be surprise what the Lord will do.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 23, 2017
Nixiepie:
I would have supported this reprisals buh giving a second thought this action will render many Nigerians jobless .

Is good if we trade with caution
forget that joor, they should push Nigerian to wall and we keep drilling drilling wall abi, so you don't care about Nigerians kill in SA abi, na job you care about , thunder fire any SA in next attack.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by michoim(m): 4:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
Some people make nonsense comments. Is it Buhari that asked South Africans to carry out Xenophobia? It does not only affect Nigerians, it also affected other African countries. And this is not the first time . It also happened when Jonathan was in power.
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by ItsMeAboki(m): 4:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
Nixiepie:
I would have supported this reprisals buh giving a second thought this action will render many Nigerians jobless .

Agreed, in fact Nigerian subscribers will end up paying for the damage - its counter productive; demonstrate by all means but they shouldn't resort to hooliganism and damaging properties.
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
Where is the evidence, because oga buhari asked them to compensate Nigerian attacked they went to rent crowd. Ungrateful black South Africans the white ones in Nigeria are gentle men and should be shaded from the vexation.
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Onechancearmy(m): 4:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
efilefun:
So buhari organized those dudes to go vandalize MTN office or did i miss something from the news?

Why is it that the police is never around when violence breaks out? Who is responsible for the police in Abuja?
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by chukist: 4:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
jmoore:
Thieves just taking advantage, that's all.

Bros, borrow the brain of a goat abeg.
who go borrow am brain? I suggest he should borrow from goat becus he is curently using cow brain now
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
Do unto others what you have them do unto you.
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Chuksemi(m): 4:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
NorthernParrot:
Good riddance to bad rubbish
I detest these lazy SA folk, they are just jealous of the achievement of others
Atleast this is a warning sign... e done do for now

Actually, Nigerians over there are known for fraud and cheating.

But on a second thought, how many South Africans do you know that are in Nigeria? why are Nigerians always flocking there why can't they stay here?
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by persius555(m): 4:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
Onechancearmy:
Even more stupidity from the Buhari regime that is always helpless whenever there is lawlessness. MTN Nigeria is incorporated under the laws of Nigeria. 95% of its workers are Nigerians.

Not that many South Africans actually work in the junior and middle management of the company in Nigeria.

If this stup.id administration is not careful, at the end of the day Nigeria will lose both ways:

1. The deaths of Nigerians in South Africa will go unpunished;

2. The South Africans will divest and pull out billions of dollars from our economy not to mention thousands of jobs lost.
Pull out and divest to where exactly? The African telecom market is already over saturated. There are more than a hundred globally recognized telecom companies in the world that would gladly fill MTNs place if they eventually leave Nigeria.
I don't support this action but when push comes to shoven, expect the unexpected.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
Mickyway:
People should learn not to take law into their own hands.
but SA can do that freely abi, you no get sense
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by KingTom(m): 4:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
Nixiepie:

Tread
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Nixiepie(f): 4:29pm On Feb 23, 2017
Stunner16:

*thread
You make a good point! But we can easily chase them away, we have many rich Nigerians who can buy up whatever is left of the companies and build it back up.
Jobs and revenue will be lost, yes
It will take time to rebuild, yes
If you ask me, a good price to pay for standing up and defending our own when the need arose! It could be anyone, anywhere.
This is not the first time this incidence has occurred, and I haven't seen any reasonable response to the attacks from the S.A government.
but going by our Nigerian corrupt rich/politicians,I dnt think they wud be able to manage the left over companies or properties because of their unrepentant greed,so I'll suggest they take the fight directly to S.A citizens ,if only we have them here anyways
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by haywhie1: 4:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
Bleep MTN... If dem no commot another network go come Naija even if Nitel no fit work again.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by madridguy(m): 4:34pm On Feb 23, 2017
Okay
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Nbote(m): 4:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
Na we go suffer am pass so no need...
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by MizAijay(f): 4:39pm On Feb 23, 2017
This is just plain idiocy on display. Does vandalising SA business in Nigeria bring back the lives lost in SA? These hoodlums are just shooting themselves in the leg because Nigerians work in these companies owned by SA and they are just going to render them Nigerians jobless and penniless in a recession stricken economy. Really doesn't help much I must say.
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Nixiepie(f): 4:40pm On Feb 23, 2017
Onyochejohn:
forget that joor, they should push Nigerian to wall and we keep drilling drilling wall abi, so you don't care about Nigerians kill in SA abi, na job you care about , thunder fire any SA in next attack.
lol my sis,we cant go abt it this way.giving that we don't have much south Africans here or even at the so called mtn and shop rites owner,I used to reason like u oo.i never supported them at all.i dnt even like them ,most southies are barbarians and illiterates ,make we show them we are civilized shikenan
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 23, 2017
maxwell60:
Nigerians hope you guys can cope with your GLO when MTN decides to leave Nigeria. Make una wise up o una know say, una no get anything.

The moment MTN leaves another company go replace them, especially in such a juicy sector like telecommunications
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by NorthernParrot: 4:42pm On Feb 23, 2017
Chuksemi:

Actually, Nigerians over there are known for fraud and cheating.

But on a second thought, how many South Africans do you know that are in Nigeria? why are Nigerians always flocking there why can't they stay here?

Actually i am venting my anger because the SA authority failed to do anything of substance. Why will it have to do done this way?
The authorities there needs to be in charge
Re: Xenophobia: Protesters Vandalize MTN Abuja Office by madjune(m): 4:42pm On Feb 23, 2017
This is stupid.

The best revenge is when one of our indigenous billionaires wakes up to set up a worthy telecom company better than MTN and manned by NIgerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

15-Year-Old Satanist Burns Down A 250-Year-Old Church In Russia / Robbers Stab Oluwakemi Odugbesan To Death In Lagos (Photo) / Isu Arochukwu Communal Clash: Two Killed, 10 Missing (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.