Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,682 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? (21963 Views)

Throwback Cars That Nigerian Politicians Drove In The 90’s / Which Of These Cars Did Your Dad Use? (Picture) / 9 Throwback Cars You Old People Will Remember (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 28, 2017
kITATITA:
Raleigh Bicycle

Raleigh does make good bikes. Used to own a Raleigh Chopper
Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 28, 2017
Smartademu:
Vespa grin grin grin

Na the bike for correct guys in the 60's, 70's and 80's

One famous Nigerian adventurer crossed the Sahara on a Vesta in the late 1960's
Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by rovher: 7:53am On Feb 28, 2017
My uncle owned A and C cos way back he used to work for the brand that made those cars, while dad drove the B the beetle...
Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by Eyor1(m): 7:56am On Feb 28, 2017
A & C
Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by chronique(m): 7:58am On Feb 28, 2017
We had all four including the Volvo 744DL and also had a Subaru. I learnt driving with C and at a time, D was the official car for taking the dogs to the vet cos it was always sitting idle at home. Anytime the dogs see you trying to drive it, they know it's time to visit the vet and they'd start running to hide under other cars...

1 Like

Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by Hades2016(m): 8:02am On Feb 28, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:

I'm from Edo state, we don't drive those type of cars

Our wings can do better than any car including Ferrari
my guy

Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by Tisham20(m): 8:05am On Feb 28, 2017
none
Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by hisMrs(f): 8:05am On Feb 28, 2017
ichommy:
B & D.

Abeg I dey find B to buy.

The car strong pass teeth.

I can remember, The engine is @ D back.

na A or B i dey find sef
Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by caprini1: 8:09am On Feb 28, 2017
We used all of them.
Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by caprini1: 8:09am On Feb 28, 2017
We had all of them.
Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by MutantMetahuman: 8:10am On Feb 28, 2017
Datsun laurel

1 Like

Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by ccffwx: 8:11am On Feb 28, 2017
A and D
Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 28, 2017
exlinkleads:
Is throwback things today ladies and gents and please lying is not allowed oooo....lol. Today for #ThrowbackThursday, we are asking our able fans:

“Which of these cars did your family have?” - A B C or D?

Let us know!

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/02/moment-of-truth-which-of-these.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44 obinoscopy dominique missyb3

All
Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by whizcartel(m): 8:11am On Feb 28, 2017
C & D. In fact D still dey my house dey collect dust. If when I don get money, I go trick out the ride. Na sweet vintage be that.
Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by mapet: 8:23am On Feb 28, 2017
My father bought a 1970 "B" from a Brazilian Reverend Father who left Nigeria. We use that car so tey, we transfered it down the sibbling line. My brother used it and when he left the country passed it to my Sister, who also did same; was given to her in her early days of marriage. She returned it when her family moved abroad as well. It was briefly with my immediate senior brother, then me.....and that is where the story begins

I so rocked that "Beetle" like crazy especially during the JAMB days and early Uni days. I remember I always had a star screw-driver, sand-paper and an extra contact-set in my glove compartment.

1 Like

Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by simplynola(m): 8:24am On Feb 28, 2017
Where is Fiat and Citroen?
Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by Kobicove(m): 8:25am On Feb 28, 2017
A, B & D
Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by hardbody: 8:28am On Feb 28, 2017
A and B for Paale and Maale in that order. Later D for Paale again. And I also bought D as my first car. Plus I want vintage D again (the grasshopper eye) If seen for sale, please alert me.
Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by seyiojomu(m): 8:28am On Feb 28, 2017
Are you willing to sell A?

Mementoes:
A & D. And both still exist in excellent condition. D even still has the factory auto transmission.

1 Like

Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by ipreach: 8:33am On Feb 28, 2017
c
Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by nkpommpko(m): 8:34am On Feb 28, 2017
All and in this quantity, A.7 B.15 C.2 D.2
Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by linda12345: 8:48am On Feb 28, 2017
you forgot this.. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by wayaa007(m): 9:04am On Feb 28, 2017
PaperLace:
Add baby-benz(190E) joor.
We had baby-benz and this Mitsubushi-Galant.
Looks like our parents think alike, we had same combo too
Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by oglalasioux(m): 9:08am On Feb 28, 2017
Where is Peugeot 305? That's our first car; 1985.
Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by alizma: 9:10am On Feb 28, 2017
A,B and D
Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by oluwabishop: 9:16am On Feb 28, 2017
We had A, B, C and Volkswagen Santana. (there was also a Volkswagen Vanagon bus)
A' was dad's ride in his youth, C was bought during the build up to his wedding, B was his gift to mum after wedding (for a special reason and virtue he only discovered after the wedding),
And the Volkswagen Santana came when A was shipped out.
The Vanagon was used for business runs.

I still love Peugeot 505 as a Vintage. Maybe someday I'll be speaking with Ikenna351 about it

1 Like

Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by IcemanP(m): 9:27am On Feb 28, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:

I'm from Edo state, we don't drive those type of cars

Our wings can do better than any car including Ferrari

u no well
Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by ruggedtimi(m): 9:30am On Feb 28, 2017
C...and my father painted it over and over.
Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by smarty563: 9:34am On Feb 28, 2017
A, B, N C.......
ROCKED ALL
Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by koolguy88(m): 9:37am On Feb 28, 2017
A and D
Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by omemero(m): 9:50am On Feb 28, 2017
A & D
Re: Moment Of Truth: Which Of These Throwback Cars Did Your Family Have? by 1miccza: 9:53am On Feb 28, 2017
B

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Vehicle Papers Needed To Drive A Vehicle In Nigeria / Ford Maintenance In Nigeria: How Easy? / Children's Hospital Unveils Mini-cars For Patients To Ride To Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.