Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC (40712 Views)

Watch Video: South Africans Match In Pretoria, Plead For Nigerians To Return / Protest In Ghana Against US Military Is Massive (Photos) / Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by OTEGA1: 5:34pm On Feb 24, 2017
A country were folks are frustrated seeing success of other nationals.To solve dere problems try think by killing others dey will be successful.

The govt has failed d citizens and masses take revenge on visitors..

So painful....so sad the only solution don't waited to be killed self defence is the best.

If it means killing at least one soul dere is better Dan dying alone.Defend itself cos d police and govt don't have ur time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by Vizzim: 5:38pm On Feb 24, 2017
collitexnaira:
And the yeye Nigeria govt have not said anything yet

That the annoying thing. Like Nigerians life don't matter to them. Chaaii
Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by discman2k2(m): 5:40pm On Feb 24, 2017
Ekeeyhandsome:
Guys chill SA can't do poo to us, we are ready for their war.. meanwhile, any Nairalander in JHB holla..i'm somewhere close to East Gate mall

Kai! are u sure ure nt planning to Wsylay the NL member.
Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by Btruth: 5:41pm On Feb 24, 2017
uckennety:

If I Had morethan 1 like I 4 ggive you
thank you. But it's truth. I've travelled so many states in Nigeria, and you could tell that God has so much endowed us with so many things. From good land for agriculture to too many solid minerals buried underneath. So many commodities to tap into for exports if one is ready for it. Nigeria has gotten so many things to build herself up even in abundance.

......so, let pray that the Lord will give us visionary leaders to tap into her surplus to build her up.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by Johntimo1(m): 5:46pm On Feb 24, 2017
embarassed[b][/b]
Abeg who get Osinbajo number,make em call am.tell am make he give us go ahead order.
Boiz are not smilling,me and my guyz they very close to shoprite now.
Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by nopains: 5:47pm On Feb 24, 2017
Sanchez01:
It is high time the Nigerian government recalled her citizens living in South Africa as there seems to be more aggravation on the part of South Africans.

The best way to manage the situation now is to prevent loss of lives and properties. These people are crude and don't seem to care whose ox is gored.

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

recall them come where? make fulani murderers finish them here? it is because of this internal killings that gives other countries power to attack nigerians knowing fully well nigeria govt don't value the lives of her citizens.make them dey there fight for themselves we spents billions of dollars for those SA bastards.
Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by Timelezz: 5:52pm On Feb 24, 2017
Babarex:
[i][/i][/b]
[b]

YOU DONT GET IT, COME TO WHICH COUNTRY? ARE THEY NOT BETTER THAN US? KADUNA IS WORSE THAN S.A , THERE IS STILL AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A BETTER LIFE THERE SO I AM NOT SURE THEY WANT TO COME BACK TO THIS FILT WE CALL HOME...ENTIRELY MY OPINION.
ignorance in action.
Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by middlebelter(m): 5:54pm On Feb 24, 2017
Sanchez01:
It is high time the Nigerian government recalled her citizens living in South Africa as there seems to be more aggravation on the part of South Africans.

The best way to manage the situation now is to prevent loss of lives and properties. These people are crude and don't seem to care whose ox is gored.

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

OP, I wish I have power to give award on this forum that will recommend you for commendation by Seun.

I can't just imagine why anybody will think South African black will suddenly wake up and by converted from their Xenophobic mindset without the use of reasonable force. To also trust whatever Zuma say on ending the continual attack is to accept Judas' kiss.

Why I may not be in support of violent attack on South Africans in Nigeria, we must encourage the NANS to embark of peaceful protest that will probably disrupt one or two business days for the likes of MTN, DSTV etc in Nigeria and inscription on banners that will denounce Xenophobia and condemn South African government careless handling of the crime for the international community to see and be our witness that we have given enough warning against the attack. It will also teach the uncivilised black South Africans that in the 21st century Africans protesting a civilised way and get result.
ANC, may end up losing power to opposition if Zuma continue to lead SA the way he is doing.
If there is any country that deserves respect in Africa from South Africans, it is Nigeria. If we fail to make a good example of how not to disrespect Nigerians with South Africa, we should just forget about anything called respect in Africa.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 24, 2017
AdonaiRoofing:
Lazy South Africans jealous of the achievements of the more enterprising foreigners.

Contact us for all your roofing jobs and roof maintenance etc

They are angry and jealous that they spent all their years fighting apartheid for Freedom and when Freedom came.. they could not enjoy it like the rest of the educated and empowered and also ruthlessly profiteering likes of Nigerians grin grin grin grin they are just venting their rage like we did to the ghanians back in the days - ironically we are now the ones running to Ghana for better-life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by almarthins(m): 5:55pm On Feb 24, 2017
softMarket:
An eye for an eye should be the solution!

There are also south africans living in nigeria!

They attend church in nigeria,go to TB johsua's church u will see many of dem....

Lets start fom there!

Haba! Na so u dey think ? Mehn! U get issue o
Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by crown08(m): 5:58pm On Feb 24, 2017
What About D White Pigs Taking Their Jobs. Are South Africans Senseless.
Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by Sanchez01: 6:01pm On Feb 24, 2017
nopains:

recall them come where? make fulani murderers finish them here? it is because of this internal killings that gives other countries power to attack nigerians knowing fully well nigeria govt don't value the lives of her citizens.make them dey there fight for themselves we spents billions of dollars for those SA bastards.
Are you in Nigeria? Perhaps. Am I in Nigeria, obviously? Have I been 'finished off' by Fulani Herdsmen, obviously not! So what are you insinuating? That they all waste their lives in South Africa because the Nigerian government does not regard lives
Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by winj3: 6:02pm On Feb 24, 2017
Sanchez01:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-39076751

Listen to their concerns:

The main group behind the protests, Mamelodi Concerned Residents, has blamed foreign nationals for taking jobs and accused them of being

involved in prostitution rings (mostly Zimbabweans)

and drug cartels (this is where ibo people with Nigerian passports come in)
Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by Babarex(m): 6:03pm On Feb 24, 2017
Sanchez01:

So you think remaining there and have them lynched is better than returning to Nigeria? undecided

Not at all, i am saying our leaders should sit up and make nigeria work....it takes guts to go to a strangeland...if we have good goverment even America will not be a big deal to Nigerians...we have a great country with horrible leadership...
Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by emi14: 6:06pm On Feb 24, 2017
TeeSeven:
With South African's attitude of hostility and baseless accusations towards foreigners, I just feel 'no wonder' they were enslaved by foreigners in their own land for such a long time. #apartheid
You cannot have this kind of collective disposition towards sound logic and not be easily enslave by others!
What 'jobs' exactly are these hardworking, entrepreneurial immigrants taking from you lazy fools?!
Why not channel your frustration to those that enslaved you for ages?
Nigerians will soon enslave them if we can take up weapon and march them in their own land. Fear of unknown. Nonsense
Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by ajibsca: 6:06pm On Feb 24, 2017
SA men are lazy assholes who cannot afford to take care of their women and even offsprings.Most of their women are baby mamas and have one night stands like they are drinking water so how are they being turned to prostitutes ? Nigerians are taking their jobs ,which jobs? The average SA man is just a d**khead who likes to buzz even on a Monday morning. I for one person do not encourage drugs being sold by Nigerians but those guys are just being intimidated by the fact that Nigerians are more successful and taking over their country driving the best cars and having their women . I have been opportune to hear their ladies saying they prefer Nigerians to their own because we are more caring ,(carry bigger something underneath and more money he he) . SA men get complex issues men.
Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 24, 2017
Pidgin2:

Let the stay there and get treated like crap then.

Let's hear word abeg
Okay but those who returned home, what have you done for them? Tell me.
Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by ebuclassic18(m): 6:07pm On Feb 24, 2017
Sanchez01:

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

recalling them back to Nigeria not a good idea the rate of unemployment will increase and that will be bad for the country.
Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 24, 2017
ebuclassic18:

recalling them back to Nigeria not a good idea the rate of unemployment will increase and that will be bad for the country.
Those who tell them to return back home, can they cater for their needs?
Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 6:19pm On Feb 24, 2017
discman2k2:

Kai! are u sure ure nt planning to Wsylay the NL member.

Sorry,buh wtf is wsylay?
Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by Msauza(m): 6:25pm On Feb 24, 2017
middlebelter:

OP, I wish I have power to give award on this forum that will recommend you for commendation by Seun.

I can't just imagine why anybody will think South African black will suddenly wake up and by converted from their Xenophobic mindset without the use of reasonable force. To also trust whatever Zuma say on ending the continual attack is to accept Judas' kiss.

Why I may not be in support of violent attack on South Africans in Nigeria, we must encourage the NANS to embark of peaceful protest that will probably disrupt one or two business days for the likes of MTN, DSTV etc in Nigeria and inscription on banners that will denounce Xenophobia and condemn South African government careless handling of the crime for the international community to see and be our witness that we have given enough warning against the attack. It will also teach the uncivilised black South Africans that in the 21st century Africans protesting a civilised way and get result.
ANC, may end up losing power to opposition if Zuma continue to lead SA the way he is doing.
If there is any country that deserves respect in Africa from South Africans, it is Nigeria. If we fail to make a good example of how not to disrespect Nigerians with South Africa, we should just forget about anything called respect in Africa.

Why would the world see South Africans as being xenophobic. I don't think there is anywhere in the world were foreigners are at ease with commiting crimes like it is in South Africa. We see Nigerians every bloody morning selling drugs to school children and are owning brothels everywhere trafficking women all over South Africa.

Amid all these, South Africans are expected to just fold their arms and watch as what was once their respectful country being turned into garbage bin by foreign drug lords who are flying the Nigerian flag sky high rampaging the lives of youth of South Africa. Poor South Africans with irresponsible government that is usually failing them are always supposed to be at the receiving end of all these heinous crimes. Young boys are being given drugs and ultimately commit more serious crimes like murder and rape. Those are the news that usually wake us up in the morning and such crimes have now elevated SA as a crime capital of the world. South Africans are merely doing operation clean up and there is nothing xenophobic about it. We personally wouldn't have a problem with a foreigner that is law abiding. Some of these hooligans are pastors by the day and at night they are peddling drugs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by nopains: 6:27pm On Feb 24, 2017
Sanchez01:

Are you in Nigeria? Perhaps. Am I in Nigeria, obviously? Have I been 'finished off' by Fulani Herdsmen, obviously not! So what are you insinuating? That they all waste their lives in South Africa because the Nigerian government does not regard lives

nija govt needs to get its ass in order first before one can see naija as a safe place to run back to when cases like this occur.those people when fulani herdsmen dey kill everyday no bi firm trick na real blood bi that.no bi when e don affect u u go say nija no dey safe.people are being killed anyhow in nija via bokoharam,religious bigotry,fulani blood suckers,security operative brutality etc.there is no peace in nigeria thats why many are trooping out.it is very regrettable because there is no better choice for nigerians if not to arm oneself always for self defence.ur call to come back home would have been a better option if all things being equal bro.
Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by ebuclassic18(m): 6:48pm On Feb 24, 2017
DeeTus:
Those who tell them to return back home, can they cater for their needs?

thats what am asking adding to the number of unemployed people in the country is a disaster
Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by middlebelter(m): 7:00pm On Feb 24, 2017
Msauza:

Why would the world see South Africans as being xenophobic. I don't think there is anywhere in the world were foreigners are at ease with commiting crimes like it is in South Africa. We see Nigerians every bloody morning selling drugs to school children and are owning brothels everywhere trafficking women all over South Africa.

Amid all these, South Africans are expected to just fold their arms and watch as what was once their respectful country being turned into garbage bin by foreign drug lords who are flying the Nigerian flag sky high rampaging the lives of youth of South Africa. Poor South Africans with irresponsible government that is usually failing them are always supposed to be at the receiving end of all these heinous crimes. Young boys are being given drugs and ultimately commit more serious crimes like murder and rape. Those are the news that usually wake us up in the morning and such crimes have now elevated SA as a crime capital of the world. South Africans are merely doing operation clean up and there is nothing xenophobic about it. We personally wouldn't have a problem with a foreigner that is law abiding. Some of these hooligans are pastors by the day and at night they are peddling drugs.

You have clearly shown by your comment the mindset of an average South African black. What you want us to believe is that South Africans are saints? Don't you know that it is absolutely impossible for foreigners to commit crime without active support or collaboration of the locals? It takes two to tango. Do you think an ordinary human being not doing drug will hack another human like the xenophobic guys are doing? You Government and police have failed to protect foreigners. You have completely lost sense of history. You have no idea the type of sacrifice made by Nigerian Government and people to bring the obnoxious apartheid policy to global attention and fight it.

I certainly place the blame at the door step of Successive administration in this country that embarks on policy that supports Africa at the expense of her national. We are wiser now, we must certainly assert ourselves and command respect. We not just going to seat and demand for respect, we are going to command respect.
We know the Zulus are backward in terms of civilization but we won't be victim of their lack of discernment.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by bizhop01: 7:05pm On Feb 24, 2017
NIGERIA MUST GO, no more ghana
Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by zanga420: 7:42pm On Feb 24, 2017
daewoorazer:
When are we gonna learn to stand up for our rights?

Police cannot stop us

Soldiers cannot! How many dem wan kill?

We are not wanted outside the shores of this land yet our leaders carry our money and invest in same countries that throw hate at us....

Revolution is inevitable, if you don't die now, you must someday.

Better die and die with the polithievians so our posterity can be freed of this slavery.

#zanga

#zanga
Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by Msauza(m): 7:43pm On Feb 24, 2017
middlebelter:

You have clearly shown by your comment the mindset of an average South African black. What you want us to believe is that South Africans are saints? Don't you know that it is absolutely impossible for foreigners to commit crime without active support or collaboration of the locals? It takes two to tango. Do you think an ordinary human being not doing drug will hack another human like the xenophobic guys are doing? You Government and police have failed to protect foreigners. You have completely lost sense of history. You have no idea the type of sacrifice made by Nigerian Government and people to bring the obnoxious apartheid policy to global attention and fight it.

I certainly place the blame at the door step of Successive administration in this country that embarks on policy that supports Africa at the expense of her national. We are wiser now, we must certainly assert ourselves and command respect. We not just going to seat and demand for respect, we are going to command respect.
We know the Zulus are backward in terms of civilization but we won't be victim of their lack of discernment.

So what you are suggesting is that we should just smile and laugh at what is going on into our country when our young are being fed drugs. We are against locals who are involved in crime as much as we are against foreigners who do not respect our laws. What you can only see out of this is xenophobia but you failed to look into the fact that your brothers are rotten to the core.
Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by yedidiah(m): 8:17pm On Feb 24, 2017
fools! they dare not raise a finger against Dutch, British and Chinese Nationals living in the country and milking them dry.

Na for Africans body dem vet power. lazybutt South Africans
Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by Raze001: 8:49pm On Feb 24, 2017
Psychologists opine that a sexually abused child has a very high tendency of abusing children when he or she is grown.
South Africans were abused, their rights plundered upon, they almost became strangers in their hometown.
Do we still need a reason for their acts?

They are afflicted, so I pity them, but stop killing other nationales. You have your people in other countries.
Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by eyinjuege: 9:05pm On Feb 24, 2017
Msauza:

So what you are suggesting is that we should just smile and laugh at what is going on into our country when our young are being fed drugs. We are against locals who are involved in crime as much as we are against foreigners who do not respect our laws. What you can only see out of this is xenophobia but you failed to look into the fact that your brothers are rotten to the core.

You want to chase Nigerian drug lords away, to be replaced by South African Cartels?
I'm very sure we have drug lords who are South African, for sure. Are they the ones sponsoring you guys?
You say it's the Nigerians running the prostitution rings in your country? OK, its Nigerians that are responsible for the HIV epidermic in SA?, they're also responsible for the way you guys see unprotected sex as no biggie abi?
They're also responsible for how corrupt your police are who would let known drug lords walk about freely, without doing nothing?
You all need to go back to the drawing board and find out why your youths have lost all value Mr. Its not foreigners that are your problems o.
A lot of developed countries would collapse without foreigners in them btw. Of course we will always have the bad eggs amongst both foreigners and even locals. Thats just natural. Everybody cannot be good, but we shouldn't because of bad people take the law into our hands and start killing, and also STEALING from shops.
Don't be surprised that's the main reason for the attacks, and not any social justice ish.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by swimmer: 10:59pm On Feb 24, 2017
Ekeeyhandsome:
Guys chill SA can't do poo to us, we are ready for their war.. meanwhile, any Nairalander in JHB holla..i'm somewhere close to East Gate mall

Am in Kempton Park

1 Like

Re: South Africa Clashes At Anti-foreigner Protest In Pretoria - BBC by damicamethu(m): 10:59pm On Feb 24, 2017
Please when do we attack shoprite I need to change my wardrobe and Mtn too I need to drop my kpalasa phone angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

King Of Swaziland Wants Me To Be 14th Virgin Bride - Woman Claims / Malia Obama Celebrates Her 18th Birthday As President Obama Sings For Her / Czech Republic Becomes The First NATO Country To Send Tanks To Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.