Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW (18446 Views)

Top 5 Governors Who Invested Massively On Roads In Their States / 2019: The Real Reason Igbos ‘ll Massively Vote For Buhari – Orji Kalu Reveals / Breaking: Cbn Crashes Dollar To N360 For Pta, Bta, Tuition , Medical Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by EdCure: 6:27pm On Feb 24, 2017
omenkaLives:
Nonsense. You people's trash wont fly. The Yorubas are giving Osinbajo as much support as they gave Buhari. They arent hate driven beings like the people from the baren 5 villages.

All you are trying to do is portray a nonexistent animosity between Yorubas and their Northern counterpart, but thank God, they arent as dumb as those assholes who were told Trump would invate Nigeria to free one 419er languishing in jail. cheesy
Keep promoting the hate between Anambra igbos vs Ebonyi igbos vs Imo igbos vs Enugu igbos etc, that is the only instance where your hate mongering find fertile ground to blossom.

You have gone full-blown ethnicist (if there's anything like that).

You have a right to defend everything Buhari, but you must stop all these name-calling and ethnic hatred in the course of performing your (civic) duty. You're doing a disservice to Nigeria and Buhari because you're unwittingly presenting the president as a sectarian person.

How easily people lose their sense of rationality when they feel slightly threatened!

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by omenkaLives(m): 6:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
EdCure:

You have gone full-blown ethnicist (if there's anything like that).

You have a right to defend everything Buhari, but you must stop all these name-calling and ethnic hatred in the course of performing your (civic) duty. You're doing a disservice to Nigeria and Buhari because you're unwittingly presenting the president as a sectarian person.

How easily people lose their sense of rationality when they feel slightly threatened!
I have respect for you Ed and i'd advice you stay your lane when i talk. You think i dont see all the bile you spill here? What right do you have pointing fingers at anyone with the things you write here regarding Muslims? Even though i'm not one of them, you think i dont view those nonsense you tyoe with disgust? Or you think my keeping mum about the religious hate you promote here means i endorse it?

You of all people Ed have no right to lecture me about bigotry or patriotism. Where do you keep your sense of patriotism when you type those things? Where do you hang your "sense of civic duty"? Perhaps in your mimd, Nigeria is meant for Christians alone.

Bros, abeg no provoke me.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 24, 2017
gocac:
lol.... the northerners will always love their own, the yorubas same..... but the other ppl... they hate their own... i still dont know why. imagine the way the yorubas are so happy and supporting osibanjo like mad even when they know he is just a house boy.

I know that to respect people who are older than you and better than you is an impossible task, after all you can't start learning to eat in old age the staple you were never taught to eat in childhood, right?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by Opakan2: 6:46pm On Feb 24, 2017
Now I see those the Yorubas refer to as arije nidi modaru
They sow seeds of discord so they can eat. Yorubas are wiser now, we know who our real enemies are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by FastShipping: 6:46pm On Feb 24, 2017
omenkaLives:
I have respect for you Ed and i'd advice you stay your lane when i talk. You think i dont see all the bile you spill here? What right do you have pointing fingers at anyone with the things you write here regarding Muslims? Even though i'm not one of them, you think i dont view those nonsense you tyoe with disgust? Or you think my keeping mum about the religious hate you promote here means i endorse it?

You of all people Ed have no right to lecture me about bigotry or patriotism. Where do you keep your sense of patriotism when you type those things? Where do you hang your "sense of civic duty"? Perhaps in your mimd, Nigeria is meant for Christians alone.

Don't mind that double faced hopeless religious bigot who should keep his sermon to himself. Just go through his posts and see religious bigotry all over. grin grin

I used to be a Buhari apostle but I don't really think he has done as much as he should have but that doesn't make me lose my senses because I wouldn't hesitate to vote or campaign for him again if the choices happen to be GEJ and other old PDP looters. I don't go around about being divisive based on ethnicity or religion like some do here. I argue based on facts. The person giving you sermon should look in the mirror first. He is a bigot. In fact one of the worse here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by Femillionairee(m): 6:48pm On Feb 24, 2017
My name is Femillionairee, new to Nairaland. Hope to have a nice time on this wonderful site. Meanwhile, I'm a blogger but I don't do conventional news like most websites do. I offer something different. Please, I need your support a lot. The website is http://femillionairee.com. Visit it and drop your comments. Thanks a bunch.
Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by omenkaLives(m): 6:51pm On Feb 24, 2017
FastShipping:

Don't mind that double faced hopeless religious bigot who should keep his sermon to himself. Just go through his post and see religious bigotry all over. grin grin
I still have respect for the dude and dont wanna return the "favour" he just did me. I have seen him say very nasty things here on several occassions but never rebuked him because i dont wanna have issues with him. I've seen Madridguy call him out several times when he goes ballistic on Muslims, yet be never stops. And here he is telling me about bigotry.

Smh.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by TundeBricklayer: 6:53pm On Feb 24, 2017
omenkaLives:
[s]Nonsense. You people's trash wont fly. The Yorubas are giving Osinbajo as much support as they gave Buhari. They arent hate driven beings like the people from the baren 5 villages.

All you are trying to do is portray a nonexistent animosity between Yorubas and their Northern counterpart, but thank God, they arent as dumb as those assholes who were told Trump would invate Nigeria to free one 419er languishing in jail. cheesy

Keep promoting the hate between Anambra igbos vs Ebonyi igbos vs Imo igbos vs Enugu igbos etc, that is the only instance where your hate mongering find fertile ground to blossom[/s].

Ode Nkene

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by MarkGeraldo(m): 7:16pm On Feb 24, 2017
Immediately Buhari gets back home and resumes office again, na so dollar go deh rise like the change he promised us grin

Nigeria's problem be say na him be the cause to our problem

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by crackhouse(m): 7:29pm On Feb 24, 2017
airmirthd1:
can someone pls state the policy??
lol. Mehn it's like we are on the same page. This decrease have affected my business transaction today. I don't know how Monday will look like.
Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by Goldeno(m): 7:49pm On Feb 24, 2017
gists:

OMG!!
Wondas shall neva end in this comedy series called naija
Just imagine, Ipoob yoots are rooting for afonjas afta Donald trump called Buhari instead of Kanu
cheesycheesycheesy
My bele ooooooo ha gringringrin

KnockOut Blow
gringringrin gringringrin gringringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by madridguy(m): 7:51pm On Feb 24, 2017
Boss leave the bros, they quick to throw jabbing and when you return back they start calling someone many names but they do worse.

omenkaLives:
I still have respect for the dude and dont wanna return the "favour" he just did me. I have seen him say very nasty things here on several occassions but never rebuked him because i dont wanna have issues with him. I've see Madridguy call him out several times when he goes ballistic on Muslims, yet be never stops. And here he is telling me about bigotry.

Smh.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by EdCure: 7:56pm On Feb 24, 2017
omenkaLives:

Easy, my brother cheesy
You will agree with me, I don't promote any public figure with those posts that you find unflattering to moslems. That's my point.

Stay well.

NB: I wouldn't have called you out if the respect wasn't reciprocal (or, if you like, mutual). I don't do that to just any poster on here.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by Iamwrath: 7:58pm On Feb 24, 2017
heheheheheheheh

You like trohbu

gists:

OMG!!
Wondas shall neva end in this comedy series called naija
Just imagine, Ipoob yoots are rooting for afonjas afta Donald trump called Buhari instead of Kanu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by whizzler: 8:03pm On Feb 24, 2017
AmadiAba:
Which one be mumu talk?
e pass mumu talk sef.
Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by mightyhazell: 8:08pm On Feb 24, 2017
Good!

Let them try and remedy the mess they put the country in2!

Osibanjo dis Osinbajo dat! Has he not always been on the team eversince?

Anyways,make God help am right all the wrongs pre april 2015!

Ppl wen vote dem don almost finish from hunger and disease

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by oyinkinola: 8:29pm On Feb 24, 2017
...when dollar hike price hike instantly!
when dollar crash, price remain contant!
Niger! how far?

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by okykyhorlar(m): 8:49pm On Feb 24, 2017
magic man I wish he continues but Mr pressy should be back soon :Dmagic man I wish he continues but Mr pressy should be back soon
Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by bobojoshua(m): 9:09pm On Feb 24, 2017
superbouck:
Hw is ur day going? I hope all is well? I just want to let u knw that there is something I want to ask u now which I've been hiding from u for a very long time, sometimes when I want to ask u that i feel discouraged cos i don't know if u re gona respond negatively, i just want to let u know dat what I'm about to ask you has been a burden to me for a very long time and I just can't keep it in my mind any longer, so pls don't feel upset when I ask dis to you, just know dat it's from my heart and it's real, pls pls pls be sincere and tell me the truth, Is Buhari in your place?....

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by MutantMetahuman: 9:21pm On Feb 24, 2017
iblawi:

Naira on the rise.
wow

Naira really gaining ground.
Let's hope it goes down to atleast 200, then I can start having hope in this government again

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by Stone03: 9:30pm On Feb 24, 2017
[quote author=rottennaija post=54021881]

Blogger, it's not about policies, it's about availability of dollars from cbn, mainly because the foreign reserve is increasing [/quotre]
Mr, investigate well. Ur Buhari is a great thief. We are not dummies in this country, the fall Naira is orchestrated by him & his men for corruption. Our foreign reserve has been on the rise but the thief has been diverting it through the back door for their selfish end. The most corrupt government in the nation's history. Watch out, the hunter will soon become the hunted.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by pazienza(m): 9:44pm On Feb 24, 2017
Ndi ofe, na ime ani obi fa, na-ekpe ekpele ka Buhari tokili na London, kafa nwee mee Onye ofe VP, president.

Obulu na Ndiigbo ya ekwe, fa akwusi ikpoli Buhari ma obu ija Osibanjo nma.

Ka anyi justu nochapu n' akuku, ka ndi Yoloba na ndi Awusa gbuo onwe fa.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by iblawi(m): 9:51pm On Feb 24, 2017
MutantMetahuman:
wow

Naira really gaining ground.
Let's hope it goes down to atleast 200, then I can start having hope in this government again

You might need to wait till 2019 before naira return to 200 or below. We have to stop importation of refined oil and petrochemicals which takes up 30% of our forex and improve electricity so that local companies can increase production /services. We need to also cut food important which also takes about 15% of our forex (rice, wheat, sugar, Palm oil, and fish top the list).

When we achieve all this, $1 might even be less than N100.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by MutantMetahuman: 9:54pm On Feb 24, 2017
iblawi:

You might need to wait till 2019 before naira return to 200 or below. We have to stop importation of refined oil and petrochemicals which takes up 30% of our forex and improve electricity so that local companies can increase production /services. We need to also cut food important which also takes about 15% of our forex (rice, wheat, sugar, Palm oil, and fish top the list).

yeah

Patiently waiting.
By 2019, if dollars still goes above 200, then apc/pmb are complete failures.
Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by iblawi(m): 10:15pm On Feb 24, 2017
MutantMetahuman:
yeah

Patiently waiting.
By 2019, if dollars still goes above 200, then apc/pmb are complete failures.

No, they won't fail because we would start getting more forex from sale of refined oil, petrochemicals, gas and fertilizer. Dangote refinery will produce 55 million liters of fuel per day which is more than enough for the whole West Africa and government is also trying to increase capacity of the old refineries in the country. Which means Nigeria would refine half of the crude oil we sell currently before selling them.

Dangote is also running gas pipeline under the ocean from portharcourt to Lagos which can generate up to 12,000MW of electricity compare to the existing one which can only generate 4000MW.
The current transmission line is being upgraded by Fashola from 5000MW to 8000MW before the end of the year and 10,000 MW by 2019.This means power is also on the way for local companies.

Standard gauge railway are also coming to reduce cost of transporting goods from one region to another. I doubt this would be completed before 2019. This will help the agricultural sector and manufacturing sector as well.

Different petrochemicals that were imported will no longer be imported by companies and will reduce pressure on forex.

Fertilizer will no longer be imported which will cut down the demand for dollar.

On agriculture, rice production has increased to 4.5 million metric tonnes while our local demand is about 6.5 - 7 million metric tonnes. Wheat is also on the pipeline as some northern states have started wheat farming. I don't think much have being done on fish, milk, Palm oil, sugar and poultry.

Solid mineral is another area but very little have been done in that sector too.

Putting everything together shows Nigeria might bounce back better than before if the current government do the right thing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by omenkaLives(m): 10:17pm On Feb 24, 2017
TundeBricklayer:

Ode Nkene
Same to your mother- whatever it means. smiley
Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by wristbangle: 10:18pm On Feb 24, 2017
iblawi:

iblawi:

No, they won't fail because we would start getting more forex from sale of refined oil, petrochemicals, gas and fertilizer. Dangote refinery will produce 55 million liters of fuel per day which is more than enough for the whole West Africa and government is also trying to increase capacity of the old refineries in the country. Which means Nigeria would refine half of the crude oil we sell currently before selling them.

Dangote is also running gas pipeline under the ocean from portharcourt to Lagos which can generate up to 12,000MW of electricity compare to the existing one which can only generate 4000MW.
The current transmission line is being upgraded by Fashola from 5000MW to 8000MW before the end of the year and 10,000 MW by 2019.This means power is also on the way for local companies.

Standard gauge railway are also coming to reduce cost of transporting goods from one region to another. I doubt this would be completed before 2019. This will help the agricultural sector and manufacturing sector as well.

Different petrochemicals that were imported will no longer be imported by companies and will reduce pressure on forex.

Fertilizer will no longer be imported which will cut down the demand for dollar.

On agriculture, rice production has increased to 4.5 million metric tonnes while our local demand is about 6.5 - 7 million metric tonnes. Wheat is also on the pipeline as some northern states have started wheat farming. I don't think much have being done on fish, milk, Palm oil, sugar and poultry.

Solid mineral is another area but very little have been done in that sector too.

Putting everything together shows Nigeria might bounce back better than before if the current government do the right thing.

Brilliant and Analytical comment. Nice one boss

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by globexpo: 10:26pm On Feb 24, 2017
Osibanjo is an intellectual

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by iblawi(m): 10:38pm On Feb 24, 2017
wristbangle:

Brilliant and Analytical comment. Nice one boss

Thanks bro
Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by Macgabe(m): 11:05pm On Feb 24, 2017
kabrud:

If the dollar has always been issued, why was the announcement of the new policy last week so special?

What makes it so so special is it's proposed mode of implementation which was contained in the policy breakdown. Please read it's implementation pattern and see what am saying. Gracias

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! Osinbajo's New Policy Crashes Dollar As Naira Gains Massively NOW NOW by MutantMetahuman: 11:48pm On Feb 24, 2017
iblawi:

yeah yeah.
Also heard rice will become cheaper after dangote, kebbi and the rest start harvesting rice last year, fast forward, rice is still 20k.

Nigeria is the largest producer of cement in west africa, yet cement became expensive and still rising.
You think dangote will not find away to add to the hardship to make more money when his refinery finally comes online.
Two years later shitload of promises and hopes , refineries still not functional and you think the government is serious about anyything than blame jonathan?

I remember kachikwu telling us petrol will become cheaper 6months after governemnt removes subsidy to fix refineries. yeah its almost 2 years. Let blame jonathan or millitant for that.

My only problem right now is, who can replace this apc government if they completely fail by 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

House Of Reps In Rowdy Session Over Legality Of June 12th As Democracy Day / Buhari Weighs Options On Incoming Cabinet / I Will Be Vindicated And The Wicked Will Not Go UNPUNISHED: Ekweremadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.