Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,984 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation (3761 Views)

There Are Igbos In Sambisa Forest - Governor Ikpeazu / We Killed 3million IGBOS So We Should Be Begging The Igbos For Forgiveness- Fani / 25 Interesting Facts About Nigeria And Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by raymexx: 9:07am On Feb 25, 2017
kropotkin2:
Some northerners are smarter than most igbos just as some igbos are smarter than most northerners. Exceptional intelligence is not distributed ethnically, Igbos for example are a very dumb set of igbos, just the same as boko haram being a dumb set of northerners
who are d Igbos u are even talking about. So Fighting for ones right and what one belief in is now being dumb abi? U should equally call Nigerian founding fathers dumb for fghting for Nigerian independence. Well! Mandela was even called a terrorist during his own time.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by francisbarrack(m): 9:21am On Feb 25, 2017
Divinerace:
Bcus they see things in different perspective, that's why they are more progressive than the rest.

Progressing in wat aspect? Drugs n kidnapping
Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by totit: 9:50am On Feb 25, 2017
onila:

l am not igbo

just wondering why igbos are so blunt ..l kinda like it as far as they insult Nigeria at the appropriate place and appropriate time with the right people

not around foreigners

Could you point out how ibos are so blunt ' like you put?

In what aspect, exactly and how?

Thank you cool
Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by totit: 10:05am On Feb 25, 2017
cstr100:
It is because of this.
https://newtelegraphonline.com/news/igbos-brilliant-black-africa-race/
Infact, i truly believe the collective Igbo IQ would certainly be higher than the Nigerian national average or any average IQ collation for any other Nigerian ethnic or Even africa as a continent.

grin

Liepod and lies. This ibo made, aba made stuff has been trashed on NL.

First and foremost you link is fake, broken and irrelevant. Go ahead and open it let's see grin

Mind you,

that article was written by Chanda Chisala before it was posted on UNZ. NewTelegraph the chitgbo website it and quickly changed the title to "Igbos most intelligent African tribe"

Point two :

Here is how liepod/ipod link was busted having realised ibos can reconfigure things to massage their ego. Infact, below is the original link to the so called stats wink

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/9755929/IQ-tests-do-not-reflect-intelligence.html

You can open it abeg grin

And I quote from the link :

IQ tests 'do not reflect intelligence'
IQ tests are misleading because they do not accurately reflect intelligence, according to a study which found that a minimum of three different exams are needed to measure someone's brainpower.

And please don't tell me I am jealous cos I have just provided facts.

But just incase you are actually talking about(with facts) the IQ, then this should help. Give It up for yorubas grin

https://www.nairaland.com/3331981/yorubas-most-achieved-most-successful#up

And again wink

Yorubas Are The Most Achieved And Most Successful Black People In The World.

Link:
https://www.nairaland.com/3331981/yorubas-most-achieved-most-successful#up

Good day cool

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 25, 2017
Among the Igbo ''Truth is Life'' is saying. Igbos have been with it from the earliest times. ''Ezi okwu bu ndu''.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by explorer250(m): 10:53am On Feb 25, 2017
totit:

grin

First and foremost you link is fake, broken and irrelevant. Go ahead and open it let's see grin

Mind you,

Point two :

Here is how liepod/ipod link was busted having realised ibos can reconfigure things to massage their ego. Infact, below is the original link to the so called stats wink

But just incase you are actually talking about(with facts) the IQ, then this should help. Give It up for yorubas grin

Good day cool
http://www.unz.com/article/the-iq-gap-is-no-longer-a-black-and-white-issue/

yeah, okay we agree that IQ test is not a measure of intelligence but at least it I'd proven that Igbo's have higher IQ than any other black race including Yoruba's then whether that is a measure of intelligence is a talk for another day. so Mr Yoruba just bear in mind that the average Igbo IQ is greater than the Yoruba IQ

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by totit: 11:03am On Feb 25, 2017
explorer250:

http://www.unz.com/article/the-iq-gap-is-no-longer-a-black-and-white-issue/

yeah, okay we agree that IQ test is not a measure of intelligence but at least it I'd proven that Igbo's have higher IQ than any other black race including Yoruba's then whether that is a measure of intelligence is a talk for another day. so Mr Yoruba just bear in mind that the average Igbo IQ is greater than the Yoruba IQ

If I dash you miracle slap with that international research bullshit. International research ko, local investigation ni

FYI, that article was written by Chanda Chisala before it was posted on UNZ. NewTelegraph the chitgbo website saw
it and quickly changed the title to "Igbos most intelligent African tribe"

Awon skama Plenty people including Yorubas been chop am gaan

Mind you,your suppose first link which would have done justice to your claim considering the fact that it's international. it's where UNZ culled the said IQ test from was broken.

Here is your first link :
https://newtelegraphonline.com/news/igbos-brilliant-black-africa-race/

My Friend IQ isn't measure by numbers or base on a group of people but individuals kiss

Even the headline of your link above proved you wrong, here :

The IQ Gap Is No Longer a Black and White Issue

LMAO grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by KevinDein: 11:19am On Feb 25, 2017
kropotkin2:
Some northerners are smarter than most igbos just as some igbos are smarter than most northerners. Exceptional intelligence is not distributed ethnically[b], Igbos for example are a very dumb set of igbos, just the same as boko haram being a dumb set of northerners[/b]

Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by KevinDein: 11:23am On Feb 25, 2017
totit:

grin

Mind you,

Point two :

Good day cool
why are you spoiling their show with FACTS. don't you know this isn't the place for FACTS

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 25, 2017
raymexx:
who are d Igbos u are even talking about. So Fighting for ones right and what one belief in is now being dumb abi? U should equally call Nigerian founding fathers dumb for fghting for Nigerian independence. Well! Mandela was even called a terrorist during his own time.
Fighting for one's right to self determination is not dumb, but doing it in the manner the Igbos are is most certainly dumb. Nnamdi Kanu is an apt case study
Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by Litmus: 12:38pm On Feb 25, 2017
Most Nigerians are blunt. Wherever it originated (perhaps from the Igbos, I don't know) being straightforward has become one of Nigeria's national characteristic. I find sneakiness abhorrent, most Africa nationals I've met so far, apart from Nigerians, are sneaky. Simple but true.
Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by onila(f): 2:07pm On Feb 25, 2017
not as blunt as igbos

hence they want their nation

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by explorer250(m): 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2017
totit:

If I dash you miracle slap with that international research bullshit. International research ko, local investigation ni

FYI, that article was written by Chanda Chisala before it was posted on UNZ. NewTelegraph the chitgbo website saw

Mind you,your suppose first link which would have done justice to your claim considering the fact that it's international. it's where UNZ culled the said IQ test from was broken.

My Friend IQ isn't measure by numbers or base on a group of people but individuals kiss

LMAO grin

my link did not prove me wrong. in that article the black people used for comparison against the whites are Igbo's not yorubas

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by raymexx: 4:09pm On Feb 25, 2017
kropotkin2:
Fighting for one's right to self determination is not dumb, but doing it in the manner the Igbos are is most certainly dumb. Nnamdi Kanu is an apt case study
in what manner are they doing it, pls tell me.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by iSlayer: 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2017
[s]
totit:

LMAO grin
[/s]

I can feel your pain from miles away. I didn't know it was this personal. Truth is bitter though

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by totit: 5:56pm On Feb 25, 2017
iSlayer:

I can feel your pain from miles away. I didn't know it was this personal. Truth is bitter though

Lmao.
That moment when you can't defend yourself while facts is glaring on your face and you have to result to insult just to feel good grin

I do feel you! Bro
Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by totit: 5:59pm On Feb 25, 2017
explorer250:

my link did not prove me wrong. in that article the black people used for comparison against the whites are Igbo's not yorubas

Oh really?

I guess you the article was stupid when it reads :

Ofcourse, the ipod version '@UNZ' was twisted for ipods ego massage while the original wasn't specific with a tribe but African in general. If you think otherwise, please do provide the international direct/original article/link here nah grin before it was edited by UNZ etc

Lmao. grin
Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by iSlayer: 6:30pm On Feb 25, 2017
[s]
totit:

Lmao.
That moment when you can't defend yourself while facts is glaring on your face and you have to result to insult just to feel good grin

I do feel you! Bro
[/s]

Wipe your tears bro. There's tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by totit: 6:43pm On Feb 25, 2017
iSlayer:

Wipe your tears bro. There's tomorrow.

Dude, get off my mention if you can't dispute my facts. angry
Stop trying to safe face. You can't change the truth.
I detest trolls cool
Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by naijaking1: 10:10pm On Feb 25, 2017
onila:
why aren't other Africans not like them

why are igbos so different

they say as it is

You can say that again. That's why Igbos told Nigerians that Buhari will be no good, but as usual the maddening crowd drowns everybody out.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by iSlayer: 11:25pm On Feb 25, 2017
[s]
totit:

Dude, get off my mention if you can't dispute my facts. angry
Stop trying to safe face. You can't change the truth.
I detest trolls cool
[/s]

Oh shut that pit please. Dispute what bloody facts? Get out lowlife I detest fools.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by totit: 11:41pm On Feb 25, 2017
iSlayer:

Oh shut that pit please. Dispute what bloody facts? Get out lowlife I detest fools.

Stop acting like you can't communicate. Stop shouting all over here like a market woman.
Make use of your brain.

Stop trolling.except you want to engage me let go of my mention. I don't do troll who can't argue base on fact but result to insult just to cover their shame,failure to understand logic, because they have been defeated with superior argument cool.
Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by iSlayer: 11:45pm On Feb 25, 2017
[s]
totit:

Stop acting like you can't communicate. Stop shouting all over here like a market woman.
Make use of your brain.

Stop trolling.except you want to engage me let go of my mention. I don't do troll who can't argue base on fact but result to insult just to cover their shame,failure to understand logic, because they have been defeated with superior argument cool.
[/s]
Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by totit: 11:46pm On Feb 25, 2017

Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by onila(f): 7:44pm On Feb 26, 2017
grin
Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by tifany89(m): 8:41pm On Feb 26, 2017
gartamanta:
Of three main ethnic groups in Nigeria, Igbos were the only ones who never had an empire. Pre-historic Nigeria, Igbos, as large as they were as an ethnic group, never tried to conquar the smaller ethnic groups around them.

Igbos are a confederate people, bound by ideology, tradition and language but fiercly indepedent. No traditional ruler can ever claim sovereignty over Igbos like the Alafin of Oyo can over Yorubas or the Sultan of Sokoto can over Hausa/Fulani.

Igbos are confederates, that is the only reason they could unite under Ojukwu to fight a war of independence but cant unite any other Igbo that seeks a 'unitary Nigeria'.

Had Ojukwu won the Biafran war and established Biafra, there would have been a 'given period' for him to tranform from a military dictator to 'confederate leader' with powers devolved to the people, or Igbos and the minorities that make up Biafra would risen up against him too.
You r blessed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by tifany89(m): 8:46pm On Feb 26, 2017
kropotkin2:
Some northerners are smarter than most igbos just as some igbos are smarter than most northerners. Exceptional intelligence is not distributed ethnically, Igbos for example are a very dumb set of igbos, just the same as boko haram being a dumb set of northerners
I can't begin to imagine dat someone with a shred of brain typed this shit. U r comparing ipob a largely peaceful n unarmed group with boko haram? So it is now a crime to call for secession n u call us self educated? Smh
Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by onilaisbomb: 4:28pm On Feb 28, 2017
zz
Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by ShootToKill: 4:42pm On Feb 28, 2017
totit:

LMAO grin

Chanda Chisala is IPOB, he comes from Enugu. grin grin
Re: Why Are Igbos So Blunt About Nigeria's And Africa's Situation by ipobbigot7: 4:50pm On Feb 28, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

CNN Carry Nigeria Do Yeye CHAI !!! / Buhari Presents Graphic Evidence Against Kanu, IPOB at UNGA - Pic / Kwarans React Angrily As Gov. Ahmed Declares Intention To Run For Senate (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.