Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,814 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

School Management Software! Anybody? - Software/Programmer Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / School Management Software! Anybody? (22987 Views)

SCHOOLFORCE™: A Powerful School Management Software, By A Teacher-developer / Nursery/Primary/Secondary School Management Software (30% Marketing Commission) / Complete School Management Software With Payroll @ 50k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by magraw(m): 11:33am On Mar 29, 2007
DIJUICE I hope u have gotten a school management application becos i do that for a living and setup e-learning enterprise solutions for schools and companies and make it affordable to the school.

Contact me on john_babatope@yahoo.com
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by toladop(m): 2:02pm On Mar 29, 2007
get d proper one
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by ymx(m): 2:34pm On Mar 29, 2007
Hey, I think i may be able to help, I run projects for Microsoft and have done a school management project before at Highgate north London. I am currently in Lagos and we can discuss, call 08023096122.
Cheers.
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by zillonnair(m): 2:52pm On Mar 29, 2007
Hi Friend,

If you really wish to develop and customized to suite your purpose, i would recommend you do so.  Soft-Ace Technology is a software solution enterprise with expatriates from south africa and nigeria in its technology line.

I would be glad to take submit our proposal.

Thank you

Samuel Chuks
samuelchukzay@yahoo.com
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by youngies(m): 4:30pm On Mar 30, 2007
This is what I have running for some universities here in Nigeria.
Key Features:
Flexible Component Configurations
Multi-leveled Scratch card authentication and access
Student Form Verification System
Admissions Form Downloads
Admissions Tracking
Running CGPA System
Online Accommodation Applications
Accommodation Tracking
Personal Student Portal Accounts
Fee Management and Payment Tracking

If meets your requirement, then holla me.
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 31, 2007
-
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by wisemikky(m): 3:39pm On Mar 31, 2007
contact Henry on 08054350022, Kennasoft on 08034461761 and wiseONE on 08077768096 and they'd be glad to work with u in the project. these are java freaks i tell ya.
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by ucard: 2:55pm On Apr 02, 2007
We have one that I am sure will make serve your needs. You may contact us at
Micro Solutions Consult
11 Shasha Road, Opposite Union Bank
Akowonjo Lagos

Phone 08066083333, 018146202

UCard
A Technology evolving from Nigeria
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by mni: 4:18pm On Apr 03, 2007
hi all,

check this site may be it will help,since you said you need indigi. company.

http://afimsoft.com/node/36

thanks.
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by Otuyelu(m): 5:58pm On Apr 11, 2007
The most stable OpenSource teaching Content Management System(CMS) is Moodle at http://moodle.org/ it is easy to use once properly installed. It has tons of add on modules to satisfy the diverse operational requirements of a school system.

As a CMS it frees the author/user to create and publish their content without worrying about coding and it has huge online community support including non-profits, schools, governments and creative programmer's.

if you are a non-profit school I will assist you in the setup and installation, else you can get one of the developers here to assist you or go to the software support site where you can get general help

1 Like

Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by netwoX(m): 4:02pm On Apr 13, 2007
School Management as in what? Higher Instituition or what? Contact Lawal on +23480533830345 or [email]oluwaabcde@yahoo.co.uk[/email]
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by soulonfire(f): 5:46pm On May 28, 2007
contact www.bluelabs.biz, or call femi odewunmi on fodewunmi@yahoo.com.

Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by candylips(m): 8:18pm On Jun 03, 2007
good stuff
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by SmartK1(m): 10:11am On Jun 28, 2007
Hi, there is Byaxiom SchoolManager (more info at www.byaxiom.com) . Though it is not available for download online but you may download the brochure and go through it. You may contact me directly or through our website. We will come for presentation immediately. It is already in use in some schools in Lagos, Warri and PH. Expecting to hear from U.
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by bensoft(m): 10:50am On Jun 30, 2007
For School Management Information System Contact dot_softeye@yahoo.com or call 08062512539
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by yaro248(m): 9:59pm On Jun 30, 2007
@DiJuice : why dont you contact: info@afimsoft.com, they have what they call STURM (student record manager). they are into developing customised software, I have seen theirs, it's really cool
here is their web add

www.afimsoft.com
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by etauso(m): 12:49pm On Jul 01, 2007
I have a guy who has done it and implemented it for some primary and secondary schools here. Call 08052856853
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by SmartK1(m): 12:10pm On Jul 04, 2007
Which type of school? Pry, Sec or Tertiary. If its is Nurs - Sec You may see www.byaxiom.com/schoolmanager.htm
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by rayonboy: 6:50pm On Aug 11, 2007
Good day I'm Ade, from Ogun state. I have succefully developed a school or student administrative sofware that has the following features:
1. Complete registration of student (Including boarding)
2. Recording of student subject (previous terms can be viewed)
3. production of reports (report cards, student data, etc.)
4. recording and capturing of student daily attendance.
5. storage of reports in PDF and Excel formats.
6. mailing of reports to student mail addresses.
7. so much more.

It is real, fully tested and very efficient. I'm very confident of this.
you can contact me on rayonboy2000@yahoo.co.uk
or call me on 01-4019082
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by SmartK1(m): 6:30pm On Aug 22, 2007
What category of school?
If A-Level : I recommend SocketWorks College Portal , that's what UI, Igbinedion, UniZik, Convenant, All the Fed Ploy, etc are using, Check it out or visit http://www.socketworksglobal.com/

If O-Level: I recommend Byaxiom SchoolManager, that's new but has been adapted by at least 5 schools in Lagos and some schools outside Lagos. visit http://www.byaxiom.com/schoolmanager.htm for details.

Enjoy.
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by adepojutop(f): 7:44pm On Sep 04, 2007
Its really interesting reading about this topic but Imust confess its not as easy developing a school management softwareb as whole as some members presume in the house.Iwas involved in the development of student database recently thou was succesful but was really challenging so i believe Dijuise should be specific on what he wants then proffesionals can come together to design a comprehensive software no one knows it all.Idid love to participate in the task.
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by reachyusuf: 8:28pm On Sep 11, 2007
I have a school management software, running in about five different school. it has four different modules which includes Student Result Processing, Finance Module, Medical Module e.t.c. it has all your need for a school management.

You can reach me on dis no. 08035829226
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by tomay(m): 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2007
I'm a new member really feeling you guys.
I know of a school management software package called EDUPORTAL developed by Omomat Fabricates Limited, an IT firm in Oyo State and the software has been deployed, used and tested 12months by 2 schools and its been just released for the open market. I have a brief of it whish I summarized below. Contact them via 02-8708617 or marketexecutive@omomat.com. I got the info at a presentation of the software held recently.

MODULES OF THE SOFTWARE

ADMINISTRATIVE CONFIGURATION MODULE: This feature ensures that the software is configured and customized to reflect the culture and modus operandi of the school. It includes the configuration of school particulars/details (name, logo, motto, address, school colours etc) session & term details configuration, grade details configuration, assessment details configuration which includes the types of assessment the school performs and subject details configuration amongst others.

ENROLLMMENT MODULE: Eduportal software comprehensively handles the registration of enrolled students into the Institution obtaining important data such as brief students’ bio-data, students’ school details such as class of admission, admission number etc, Contact address and phone numbers. It also has exciting features such as auto generation of registration/admission number, and broad based report formats which includes general admission list, admission list by application date, student listing by session, department, class, etc each detailing the year the student was admitted and class of admission are available features of the enrollment section.

COGNITIVE DOMAIN (ACADEMIC FEATURES) MODULE: It comprehensively evaluates the academic performance of students’ reflecting the Continuous assessment pattern in place by the school management to aid proper evaluation. It handles the score entry, score conversion and compilation process with automated generation of reports such as subject score sheets, broadsheet, and the general and individual students’ periodic and terminal report sheets.

AFFECTIVE DOMAIN MODULE: It takes care of all details in the affective domain (i.e. non academic qualities and developments in the students that is applicable to the Institution.

BILL FEATURES MODULE: It is to cater for the activities of the Bursary with respect to students’ fees. Terminal bills are scheduled for all classes, bills are then prepared taking into consideration the intricacies involved in different classes billed differently. During preparation outstanding payments are collated as arrears or advances and added. The bills can also be printed for each student. It covers all the possible modes of payment which includes drafts, check, cash, and direct bank payment using tellers. It also has the following features
i) allowance of gradual payment by students with an opening of a student’s account for each of the accounts that will/have been created for them by virtue of their created bills
ii) automatic reconciliation of students account to reflect arrears
iii) management reports to determine the balance of each students on the major account titles, an instantaneous check on the entire income of the school on the various account titles and the corresponding liabilities of students on same.
iv) ever ready students’ defaulters list on any of the bill items at for term and session that is requested.
v) statement of account for each of the student from their inception into the school.

MANAGEMENT FEATURES MODULE: This section constitutes features that help, the management or decision makers, to make major decisions on students’ performance, rating, bill transactions, debtor and creditor status, etc. It also gives academic history, class history and health history of the student (in the school) from which saved reports can be easily retrieved. It is highly useful when an administrative staff has to discuss a particular student as the aforementioned fields’ covers almost all the students’ activities within the school.

UTILITY MODULE: It handles utility operations such as user registration, user authorization, data back up and recovery, security features etc

WEB VERSION OF THE SOFTWARE
Web Portal is a platform which remotely provides a concurrent access to student’s academic performance by the stakeholders in the education sector of which parents are the primary goal. In a nutshell it showcases the academic performance of student at large through various formats bearing in mind that the assessment policy of the school involves projects, assignments, class exercise and tests, which are the software’s strength. This portal is used to showcase these details both in terms of cumulative scores as well as graphical representation of the student’s performance on all the subjects and individual subjects. Comparisons are also made from one assessment to the other to reflect student’s trend of performance from a week to the other, etc
This portal is a service for parents; school administrators to enjoy as it facilitates the ease in monitoring students’ performances and it complements what exists in the local area network of the school. Basically, parents and students can have the get their report sheets for viewing and printing on the internet for a variety of purposes/reasons
Apart from academic exposure to parents, account statements of students as well as school bank accounts (for boarding schools that help students to keep their pocket money) for a parent to now how much a student has exhausted his pocket money, etc.
All of these are reports that will be available on line as well as admission routines.
This web version will be hosted on a .NET platform. In case the school’s existing website does not support this platform we can host for the school while a link is on the school’s website.

FEATURES OF THE SOFTWARE

FEATURE DETAILS
Expandability - The software grows and expands with the corresponding Institutional growth

Easy of Use & User Interface - It’s a user friendly software with navigational tools which makes it appealing, attractive and easy to use. Each user has specialized user interface with access only to operations that are permissible to the specific user as allotted by the administrator.

Technology and Architecture (Development Technology) - VB .NET/ MSSQL front-end/backend

Architecture - Client – Server architecture (supports networked systems) i.e. work on both LAN and WAN and can also operate as a stand alone

Hardware Requirements
(Recommended specification)
Server –Pentium IV, 512MB RAM, 40GB HDD, 1.3GHz processor
Clients– Pentium III, 256MB RAM,10GB HDD, 1GHz processor

Fault Tolerance, Back up and Recovery - Data can be backed up on both HDD and external storage media.
In cases of system crash the backed up files can be used to implement full recovery to back up date.
In cases of accidental shut down, or network break down the software maintains data integrity till the point of shutdown or network breakdown

Standards and curricula compliance - Developed with modern technology with the highest level of ethical standards and robust enough to accommodate the Nigerian, British and American curriculums.

Upgrades & Version control - Updates and upgrades will be developed in cognizance with the structure of the previous version in line with technological advancements to allow easy implementation.
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by chrisblack: 1:57am On Sep 30, 2008
i need a school management software for managing poly.with facilities for online payment thru etranzact or interswicth .along with various modules eg result checking ,hostel management ,email, e.t.c .online student registration should be possible .
pls ASAP.(URGENT)
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by cdeveloper(m): 6:29pm On Sep 30, 2008
hey i just came across this write up ; well i have an up and running school management system , capability of handling online payment using the interswitch payment gateway or etransact payment gateway if you are interested mail me at ozala24@yahoo.com.
It has a lot of features incorporated into it.
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by raziel: 1:56pm On Oct 04, 2008
We have one such software which we can customise for you.

I agree with those who say you have to be careful. It has to be a piece of software that is relevant to the way the particular school works and their education system. e.g. an American Education system is far different from that used by most African countries, which are more inclined toward European Systems. Even so, countries define their own education systems.

Things like
[list]
[li]keeping track of teachers,[/li]
[li]keeping track of attendance,[/li]
[li]administrations of registration classes,[/li]
[li]administration of subject classes,[/li]
[li]administration of academic levels[/li]
[li]generation of academic report cards (or reports),[/li]
[li]calculation of grade point averages, [/li]
[li]administration of exams or tests/quizzes[/li]
[li], etc[/li]
[/list]

Simple things like naming of academic levels can make the big difference.

In the European or british system, there are Grades 1 to 7, Forms 1 to 4(Junior Certificate and General Certificate in Education), Forms 5 to 6 (A-Level or AS Level)

In America, Quizzes are what others call Tests.

In South Africa there are Standards then Senior Matric

Botswana follows an education system system closer to the British

Then you have things that are specific to schools. How they grade students internally may be a bit different from how they do so in general when they sit for exams.

Teacher may also administer their own registration classes and subject classes.

So many things to consider which if not though about and addressed properly could result in the rejection of the software.

I have worked at developing and implementing such software for over two years and had to learn it the hard way. Talk to the clients and find out everything concerning:
- the administration/management of the school
- the administration/management of classes
- administration/management of teachers and students
- administration/management of exams and tests
- criteria & assessment of performance

And how all these relate to what they want in the software. You may find out that they dont necessarily want it to involve administration of levies and payments OR that they just want class administration software OR academic report generation software.

What is also important is that you should be able to generate print-outs or reports that are relevant to that particular school. E.g. Top 8 students, Best results, Worst Results, Best Performing etc

When someone thinks "School Administration", they think its simple. Truth is, it isnt.

If you would like more info from me, contact me on designetic.media@gmail.com
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by johnadeghe: 4:53pm On Oct 07, 2008
There is a customized software that runs on intranet platform for school management. contact me: 07036340903. johnadeghe@gmail.com
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by skillworks(m): 5:42pm On Oct 13, 2008
This is really interesting.

My uncle owns a moderately large school in LAGOS. The school has both primary and secondary areas. I saw this post some days back and I told him that I have met some guys that can give him a sophisticated software that can help HIM, his PRINCIPALS and TEACHERS manage their schools.

Honestly, I never knew that something like this exists, but I can only imagine how this School software thing will look like.

I contacted one of the guys here in Nairaland and he gave me what he called a DEMO of the software thing. It has manuals and directions on how to use it. My Uncle has seen it and he is so impressed with it.

However, I want to make this an open race. If you have this kind of software that can manage a primary or secondary school, please you can write to me on my personal email. joshuaotuonye@yahoo.com

Please do well to tell us how your own option can help our school better. If you have a DEMO, then better, because I think people respond faster to what they can see. TELL US ANYTHING YOU THINK WILL MAKE US BUY YOUR SOFTWARE OPTION INSTEAD OF OTHERS WHICH WE HAVE SEEN.

I AM SERIOUS. THIS IS NOT A JOKE. MY UNCLE IS REALLY INTERESTED IN GETTING THIS KIND OF THING.

Please dont forget to tell me the cost of your software, so that we can make comparisons.

joshuaotuonye@yahoo.com
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by Horus(m): 10:58pm On Apr 17, 2009
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 01, 2009
Hi you can actually get full detail of what u need from any one out there but just make sure that anyone saying he has the solution must have implemented it and manage the application for te school or college. Beware many are out there that had freak software.Put in to consideration what actually you need in the application and the main focus of the application because someone can just download it from internet and will not even know how the application work.  You can  contact me for more support and analysis.Walnet system LTD Tel no: 2347033696601 or ibrodex@yahoo.com
Re: School Management Software! Anybody? by indicatur: 11:33am On May 20, 2009
I could help you to get that start running Click here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dumps For Iz0-047 Oracle Sql Expert Exam / Hack and Install Games On Your PS4 Console, for as Low as 1K each. / Nursery/Primary/Secondary School Management Software (30% Marketing Commission)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.