Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (881292 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 5:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
bbclue:

I forgot to include it .....I have them already

Ok. Hope tuition and living expenses was transferrred into your account from your sponsor's account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 5:13pm On Jun 24, 2017
Ladybeemii:
Hello, I'm new here. I was just refused visa and I don't know what next to do. I'm so devastated.

Don't be sad. Submit your profile.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by PendD: 5:29pm On Jun 24, 2017
Hello House,
Does CIC respond to trv applications during weekends like this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 5:32pm On Jun 24, 2017
thesoj:

Three and half pages, 1.3 spacing, Arial font size 11, one inch page margins.

In most cases I am not an advocate for SOPs longer than two pages, except for complex applicants about whom the VO needs a lot more explanation and context. Even in these cases, the SOP should be engaging from the start and very ea

If the SOP starts off by rambling then the likelihood of it being fully read, given its length, reduces considerably. A long SOP should not be laborious to read, otherwise it would hurt more than help.

As a final thought, a long SOP with lots of explanations should also have different pieces of evidence in the application to corroborate some of the explanations.

The mantra is to make everything very easy for the VO. If the VO has to make guesses about anything ambiguous in your application or SOP, s/he is likely to guess not in your favor.

If you have written a thesis proposal before a university and were given admission for it in my opinion, you should have little to no trouble writing an effective SOP before a VO. That is why it so important to write your own thesis proposal and not pay someone to write it for you. You gonna need these skills. In the end, nobody can write an effective SOP for you. It's a voice that has to come from the timbrels of your soul.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bbclue(f): 5:32pm On Jun 24, 2017
Osemigho:

Ok. Hope tuition and living expenses was transferrred into your account from your sponsor's account?

NOP. ....It stated it in the sponsorship letter that he will be the one that will pay for both fees and other expenses. ...After all he was the one responsible for my schooling in Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 5:34pm On Jun 24, 2017
Ladybeemii:

University of Saskatchewan acceptance letter. Master in Education. In line with my job
School fees 5,600 a year.
University Transcript (Management course)
Degree Certificate 2007
PGDEducation certificate
Employment letter. (Teaching for 7 years)
Promotion letters from present employer
Trainings attended in line with my job
ND certificate and statement of result
WAEC certificate
Nysc certificate. ...
birth certificates
Marriage certificate
Letter from sponsor (employer)
Legal letter from sponsor
Bank statement from employer 4 million, inflow and out of 31million.
My bank statement 2 million
Paid my fee 9,600 to saskatchewan and sent receipt to cic after 2 weeks i applied for visa

Na wa oo. What are the actual reasons for the refusal as ticked on the letter?

I'm thinking insuficient funds is inclusive. Also, your action as emboldened was a very wrong one! All the same, give details of the reasons.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sarang(f): 5:41pm On Jun 24, 2017
I am applying to a community college for diploma. Most of them said they will give admission letter once accepted and confirmation letter once I pay commitment fee. And use both for trv app.

All I need to apply for Trv is an admission letter. I do not want to pay this 500 dollars that is non-refundable for commitment fee. Is the admission letter enough to apply for trv? Anyone have idea of community colleges here that do not do commitment fee?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 5:41pm On Jun 24, 2017
PendD:
Hello House,
Does CIC respond to trv applications during weekends like this?
They mostly would process applications during working days but applicant's account as well as emails can be recieved and updated during the weekends.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Olakunlae: 5:51pm On Jun 24, 2017
Hello gurus in the house, I did TOEFL last month and I wasn't impressed with the result. I scored 28/25/21/20 in L/R/W/S respectively. Overall score is 94/120. Now I'm scared. should I take another TOEFL instead? Although, some of the schools I will be applying to accept scores from 83 upward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 24, 2017
I would appreciate a response
Would it be wise to apply in January for September course in order to leave room for re application in case of any delay.
The course is only in September

Many thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bbclue(f): 5:55pm On Jun 24, 2017
Austinpee4 look into my matter na
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 5:56pm On Jun 24, 2017
Olakunlae:
Hello gurus in the house, I did TOEFL last month and I wasn't impressed with the result. I scored 28/25/21/20 in L/R/W/S respectively. Overall score is 94/120. Now I'm scared. should I take another TOEFL instead? Although, some of the schools I will be applying to accept scores from 83 upward.

If a school deems your Toefl score acceptable and gives you admission, this should be the end of the matter. A VO cannot bootstrap any unreasonable requirement on you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 5:59pm On Jun 24, 2017
BRANDYAK:
Good pple of niraland please a friend of mine want to go for a second bachelors degree, please can you help with possible reasons he can give the VO for going for a second bachelors. He has 3 year degree from Cameroon and want to switch.
Only him will know why he is going for a second bachelor's degree na. As as how person won give am reason?

What ever is giving him the confidence that he will succeed in the the new field should also form basis of his reasons for switching. It's that simple!

The VOs are human too, if he can convince himself about his move,then the VO's job will be easier because their job is to see the overal purpose of going to canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ladybeemii: 6:02pm On Jun 24, 2017
Na wa oo. What are the actual reasons for the refusal as ticked on the letter? 

I'm thinking insuficient funds is inclusive. Also, your action as emboldened was a very wrong one! All the same, give details of the reasons.

I just tracked it online and saw it was refused. I don't know the reason yet as I am yet to get back my passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 6:22pm On Jun 24, 2017
bbclue:
Austinpee4 look into my matter na
Brotherly, dem don look into your matter well already.

But ur uncle for transfer your tuition and living expenses money to your personal account to avoid stories that touches kidney!

Those accra VOs dey heat period now, any small something na krinkum krankum! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 24, 2017
Anyone coming to Regina? I can offer you free accommodation for some days and can assist in looking for a house for you. I got that favour, and is my own way of giving back.

Just let me know when you are coming.

Bring Ijebu Garri for me also grin

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 6:24pm On Jun 24, 2017
@AAOL.....i saw notification for your pm but I can't access my email to read or reply it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bbclue(f): 6:29pm On Jun 24, 2017
Genius000:
Anyone coming to Regina? I can offer you free accommodation for some days and can assist in looking for a house for you. I got that favour, and is my own way of giving back.

Just let me know when you are coming.

Bring Ijebu Garri for me also grin

Am coming December oooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sarang(f): 6:35pm On Jun 24, 2017
Sarang:
I am applying to a community college for diploma. Most of them said they will give admission letter once accepted and confirmation letter once I pay commitment fee. And use both for trv app.

All I need to apply for Trv is an admission letter. I do not want to pay this 500 dollars that is non-refundable for commitment fee. Is the admission letter enough to apply for trv? Anyone have idea of community colleges here that do not do commitment fee?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 24, 2017
sthillz:
I would appreciate a response
Would it be wise to apply in January for September course in order to leave room for re application in case of any delay.
The course is only in September

Many thanks

January 2018 for September 2018? Why not, if you have your complete documents now you can apply September 2017 sef, as far as I know no rule against it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2017
bbclue:

After all he was the one responsible for my schooling in Nigeria

I hope you can and will Prove it to the VO

I am not a guru. However, recently, I advised a fellow applicant to ask his brother to transfer money before submitting. but his brother refused to, claiming its not needed, since it is direct family. Finance was part of the reasons for his rejection, although we are still waiting for GCMS note.

I will advise you tell your uncle to transfer money into your account and state it in his letter and affidavit of support that he did that to show his commitment and willingness to do more.

It's just an advise. I am not a Visa officer. All the best.

Regards,
TRV_Learner
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bbclue(f): 7:08pm On Jun 24, 2017
Osemigho:

I am not a guru. However, recently, I advised a fellow applicant to ask his brother to transfer money before submitting. but his brother refused to, claiming its not needed, since it is direct family. Finance was part of the reasons for his rejection, although we are still waiting for GCMS note.

I will advise you tell your uncle to transfer money into your account and state it in his letter and affidavit of support that he did that to show his commitment and willingness to do more.

It's just an advise. I am not a Visa officer. All the best.

Regards,
TRV_Learner

Okay. ....noted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 24, 2017
LightandDarkness:

January 2018 for September 2018? Why not, if you have your complete documents now you can apply September 2017 sef, as far as I know no rule against it.

Many thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Olakunlae: 7:18pm On Jun 24, 2017
jnyuwa02:

If a school deems your Toefl score acceptable and gives you admission, this should be the end of the matter. A VO cannot bootstrap any unreasonable requirement on you.

alright, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tuzinde(m): 7:19pm On Jun 24, 2017
@ Osemigho

Weldone so far and good you are back from your break.
This one wey your title na

TRV_Learner

Make I go ask for one from the community

Lols
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by HarveySpecter1: 7:24pm On Jun 24, 2017
Osemigho:

Regards,
TRV_Learner

Lol. Trv learner?

CanadianNurse Trv Nurse
Michv. Trv Doctor
Osemigbo Trv Learner

I guess austinpee4 and thesoj should be Trv Officers then.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by manlikegb: 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2017
thesoj:

Three and half pages, 1.3 spacing, Arial font size 11, one inch page margins.

In most cases I am not an advocate for SOPs longer than two pages, except for complex applicants about whom the VO needs a lot more explanation and context. Even in these cases, the SOP should be engaging from the start and very easily readable otherwise the VO would just glaze through it.

If the SOP starts off by rambling then the likelihood of it being fully read, given its length, reduces considerably. A long SOP should not be laborious to read, otherwise it would hurt more than help.

As a final thought, a long SOP with lots of explanations should also have different pieces of evidence in the application to corroborate some of the explanations.

The mantra is to make everything very easy for the VO. If the VO has to make guesses about anything ambiguous in your application or SOP, s/he is likely to guess not in your favor.

@thesoj, thanks for the detailed reply bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 7:27pm On Jun 24, 2017
It's almost becoming a norm for applications to pass processing time!!!
Cic which way na? I no know why DEM carry sp application put for accra sef sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 7:33pm On Jun 24, 2017
HarveySpecter1:

Lol. Trv learner?

CanadianNurse Trv Nurse
Michv. Trv Doctor
Osemigbo Trv Learner

I guess austinpee4 and thesoj should be Trv Officers then.
lol me I be trv patient oo my level never reach to be nurse! Them still DEY treat my case for accra grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by raptorakhigbe: 7:51pm On Jun 24, 2017
Can one apply for study permit n at the same time apply for express entry?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mikky4canny(m): 7:52pm On Jun 24, 2017
Oga boss please help me review my sop
Austinpee4:

They mostly would process applications during working days but applicant's account as well as emails can be recieved and updated during the weekends.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mikky4canny(m): 7:53pm On Jun 24, 2017
Yes you can..dual intent is allowed.
raptorakhigbe:
Can one apply for study permit n at the same time apply for express entry?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.