Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,791 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (876723 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mikky4canny(m): 6:18pm On Jun 23, 2017
I can resume fall, Jan or may 2017. Once everything is ready I will submit... Nothing is impossible people get trv in 4weeks. Thanks
jnyuwa02:

Three Windows? You know average processing time in Nigeria is 13 weeks right? And from when your application would be made to resumption it is 9 weeks? How are you track? Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uvagho(f): 6:20pm On Jun 23, 2017
Kowalskiq:

Oga leave me alone ooo, I'm not interested in going back and forth with you..
Carry your wahala and go undecided

You are the person who quoted/mentioned me first.

Kindly ignore me, do as if I don't exist. In short,U know nothing

If you're a guru, go and advise others, I'm not interested in your help.

There are many other wonderful and humble Gurus here willing to assist me....

So It's actually not your business, or are you a Visa officer, do you work in the Canadian Embassy undecided

BTW,
Canada is not the end of life, my life is already very meaningful already, Masters in Canada is just an addition to the grace and favors God has given me......

You don't know me, you don't know what my God has done for me in this life, I'm not forcing my Religion on you, you can be an atheist or believe in anything you want to believe.

But, Don't challenge my FAITH and Trust in My God.
Na my application, Na my admission, we are not Related.

If I'm denied Visa , Na my denial wink, stop stressing yourself about me...

In short,I can hardly understand why u r so rude and dumb at the same time .U could not take a simple word of wisdom from someone who clearly has 100% more wisdom than u will have in years if u continue like this .U say u r a Christian ,people like u only make Christianity look like a a thing from the mouth and not the heart ..u better start changing ur ideology and listen to simple corrections and above all all ,try to think outside the box when talking and don't sound like a person dealing with complexity issues.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by abelajayi(m): 6:29pm On Jun 23, 2017
tobyharwe:
I did nt submit any additional doc as non was asked for. I'v never gotten any message from CIC b4.
Pls can you share your profile I mean when you submitted you application,the program you are going for ,and I also suggest that soonest you request for your gcms notes .This I believe will assist you for future application.Pls take heart.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by damLaney: 6:30pm On Jun 23, 2017
Hello Guys,

I'm just joining this Forum and I see all that you do.

#WehdoneSirs and #WehdoneMas

Please I have a few questions that I'll like to ask.

1) I applied to Carleton Uni for Msc in Technology Innovation Management (TIM program) to resume Fall 2017 tho my Bsc was in Computer Science. I applied late on Mar 2nd 2017 and till now i'm yet to get a response. my status only changed to recommended for assessment as at 1st June and since then no changes. Infact i sent a mail toward the end of may and that was when my status changed. i want to know if there's anyone in my shoes with same issue? or anyone who has gone through a familiar issue?

2) please i would like to know the most recent visa requirements. please i'll be very grateful to anyone who could refer me to previous posts where i can see all the requirements.

3) Also is it advisable to do medicals upfront or wait till when one is called as i'm not based in lagos.

please no yabbing please.

thank you guys.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Fredozki(m): 6:33pm On Jun 23, 2017
[quote author=Austinpee4 post=57779455]Hey guyz.

So i delivered the news and the young man was still filled with joy, shock and gobsmacked when i left. I also requested that i share his profile here as with the tradition to encourage others.

I don't have so much details about the previous refusals but 2 of the 5 were refused for insufficient funds, personal assets, travel history.

The last 3 were all purpose of visit and travel history.
I will give details of the last two and what he did

Timeline for the last 2 application:

Profile:
Undergraduate, Petroluem engineering.
Work experience: 4 years as a well/exploration engineer.
Proposed program: master of engineering, chemical and petroluem engineering.

Applied- Nov 2016, refused 3 feb 2017.
Reasons: Purpose of visit, travel history.

@Austinpee4, God will surely bless and reward you for your kind heart, you are really an asset to this thread.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Msp: 6:36pm On Jun 23, 2017
Wow! How can these VO's be so unreasonable? we thank God for the approval. Noticed he added his car papers to tackle personal assets. Did he also include statement of accounts?

Austinpee4:
Hey guyz.

So i delivered the news and the young man was still filled with joy, shock and gobsmacked when i left. I also requested that i share his profile here as with the tradition to encourage others.

I don't have so much details about the previous refusals but 2 of the 5 were refused for insufficient funds, personal assets, travel history.

The last 3 were all purpose of visit and travel history.
I will give details of the last two and what he did differently.

Timeline for the last 2 application:

Profile:
Undergraduate, Petroluem engineering.
Work experience: 4 years as a well/exploration engineer.
Proposed program: master of engineering, chemical and petroluem engineering.

Applied- Nov 2016, refused 3 feb 2017.
Reasons: Purpose of visit, travel history.

Requested for gcms file. VO pointed out that program is inconsistent with previous study and employment history. Study plan not sufficient to propel additional knowledge. (dis one shock me o).

Last application: Applied April 5th with upfront medical.

Medical passed: may 2.

Approved :June 22.

Document submitted:
Sponsor: Father.
Statements of account of 25m and 12m.
Company documents.
Contract award documents
Sponsorship letter.

His documents:
Undergrad degree certificate (first class)
Admission letter
Certifications
Car particulars.
4 paged SOP
Visas from previous travels
International organisation membership documents.
Employment letter
Pay slips
Recommendation letter

Here is what was done differently between the two last applications.

After getting the gcms file, we paid attention to the officer's concern and noticed he/she could not establish a broader scope of petroluem engineering and his job role as an exploration engineer. SOP was written to open that horizon and give specifics on what he was going to do during his program, what he was going to do in terms of further research and how he intend to also develop a project that would solve the difficulty in oil exploration in the niger delta region since his company works there too.

Blessings!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 6:38pm On Jun 23, 2017
Hi Everyone
I have been following this thread for about 3 weeks now and In the last 2 weeks I have noticed a change in this thread. I believe respect is reciprocal. We should all respect each other and stop throwing tantrums here. Let us all focus, the tension is high and let's not distract this thread with insults. If you have something productive to say then please comment. If not, be a silent observer.

We will all recieve good news at the appropriate time IJN

cheers

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Kowalskiq(m): 6:48pm On Jun 23, 2017
uvagho:
In short,I can hardly understand why u r so rude and dumb at the same time .U could not take a simple word of wisdom from someone who clearly has 100% more wisdom than u will have in years if u continue like this .U say u r a Christian ,people like u only make Christianity look like a a thing from the mouth and not the heart ..u better start changing ur ideology and listen to simple corrections and above all all ,try to think outside the box when talking and don't sound like a person dealing with complexity issues.

Which kind wahala be this 1 na..
Now you have resulted to insulting me.. I didn't offend you in anyway, I don't even mention your name.

You have called me dumb, rude , you say I won't have wisdom in many years to come.

What wisdom does he have more than me ?, who told you I didn't know about not sending mail to CIC unless visa time processing time has exceeded, I was just trying something out, which is none of you people's business. It's my application.

Which kind trouble be dis 1 naaa undecided angry angry

Look I'm very good at insults o and I can troll too, yes I am a Christian, but I can get crazy sometimes (I'm human) , I'm not perfect.

Don't provoke me. I just had a tough day at work.

This case has been settled, you guys should leave me alone, this is getting annoying now angry sad

Did I kill someone undecided
All I did was send a mail to CIC, asking about my medical test and I have even checked, it is just 2x I did that. Not 3x

Did I ever claim I did right? Didn't I acknowledge my mistake.

Will my actions affect you people's visa application approval undecided

Why all this rubbish, you people are always looking for who to crucify and transfer your frustration to......

People make bigger nd more damaging mistakes, all I did was send a 1 sentence mail (about medical test) to CIC about MY APPLICATION, not NIGERIAN people's applications..

If anybody's Visa application will be affected by my mail to CIC, it is mine...

What crime did I commit, why all the brutal attack nd cyber bullying
undecided
You girls can asslick or gratify anyone you wanna Asslick, that's not my business, just stop dragging me along.

Let me be in peace, I kill person undecided sad, Haba.

It have do, it's OKAY

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by RealObserver(m): 6:52pm On Jun 23, 2017
uvagho:

Haba!!! Madam this is too much na, Please treat everyone the way you would like to be treated. This is clearly a case of cyberbullying. Leave the young man to follow his mind, someone gave him a suggestion he's unwilling to take, why not leave him be rather than abuse the daylight out of him.

Please the mods should call the house to order, this is getting too much.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by RealObserver(m): 6:52pm On Jun 23, 2017
uvagho:

Haba!!! Madam this is too much na, Please treat everyone the way you would like to be treated. This is clearly a case of cyberbullying. Leave the young man to follow his mind, someone gave him a suggestion he's unwilling to take, why not leave him be rather than abuse the daylight out of him.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by AAOL: 7:01pm On Jun 23, 2017
uvagho:

Oga please free this guy now.

Everyone here is entitled to give his or her opinion or choose to follow any other person's idea or opinion.

I believe we should all understand that no one here works in the embassy and we only speculate and make assumptions based on past experiences.

The guy already told you he is ready for any outcome arising from his actions.

Guess u didn't see a moniker's testimony last year. After waiting for a long while, the guy decided to try admission and visa for another country. He got the country's visa and decided to send several mails to Canadian embassy for the withdrawal of his application. He continued sending mails even after they responded that his application is still on queue. After some weeks, he got his canada visa application approved. Note that his application was still within processing time. Another good thing is that he is a PGD applicant.

I understand your point bro. He is taking a risk but nobody knows the outcome.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Kowalskiq(m): 7:09pm On Jun 23, 2017
RealObserver:

Oga just see how that girl was insulting and degrading me..

Because of what exactly, what crime did I commit
Just that I sent CIC mail about my medical test, 2x..

And I have since acknowledged my mistake (I never opined I'm unwilling to take any suggestions) , and even said I overreacted to the first person who called me out.

As I have been saying, I know, knew and have since known that "I'm advised not to send any mail to CIC unless my Visa processing time has exceeded"

I knew this already before sending the mail, I just wanted to push my luck probably due to some reasons best known to me.

The way the first guy tysaxmalomo or something reprimanded me about it was very harsh, uncalled for and insensitive, and even his continuous rants about what I did.

That was what warranted my harsh response, as you have said already "Please treat everyone the way you would like to be treated"

You can't come to me all aggressive and expect lovely responses, I'm human and I also have emotions.

In a nut shell, my actions about sending a mail to CIC about a Medical test, should not have called for all this attacks and cyber bullying.

I don't think I did a Very bad thing that will now affect Nigerians applying to Canada undecided

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ohizzyy7: 7:13pm On Jun 23, 2017
I can see the tension is real and very high here, money has been spent and also time is going..........if you are chance to assist someone please do it's not compulsory your application must be approved before you assist others, always remember "it will end in praise" Baba God knows our heart.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uvagho(f): 7:14pm On Jun 23, 2017
AAOL:

Oga please free this guy now.

Everyone here is entitled to give his or her opinion or choose to follow any other person's idea or opinion.

I believe we should all understand that no one here works in the embassy and we only speculate and make assumptions based on past experiences.

The guy already told you he is ready for any outcome arising from his actions.

Guess u didn't see a moniker's testimony last year. After waiting for a long while, the guy decided to try admission and visa for another country. He got the country's visa and decided to send several mails to Canadian embassy for the withdrawal of his application. He continued sending mails even after they responded that his application is still on queue. After some weeks, he got his canada visa application approved. Note that his application was still within processing time. Another good thing is that he is a PGD applicant.

I understand your point bro. He is taking a risk but nobody knows the outcome.
I no be Oga ...n I do not have a problem with anything but the way he keeps responding to issues ...I hardly want to talk abt the issue anymore ..It has been over flogged .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by RealObserver(m): 7:18pm On Jun 23, 2017
Kowalskiq:

And I have since acknowledged my mistake (I never opined I'm unwilling to take any suggestions) , and even said I overreacted to the first person who called me out.

As I have been saying, I know, knew and have since known that "I'm advised not to send any mail to CIC unless my Visa processing time has exceeded"

I knew this already before sending the mail, I just wanted to push my luck probably due to some reasons best known to me.

The way the first guy tysaxmalomo or something reprimanded me about it was very harsh, uncalled for and insensitive, and even his continuous rants about what I did.

That was what warranted my harsh response, as you have said already "Please treat everyone the way you would like to be treated"

You can't come to me all aggressive and expect lovely responses, I'm human and I also have emotions.

In a nut shell, my actions about sending a mail to CIC about a Medical test, should not have called for all this attacks and cyber bullying.

I don't think I did a Very bad thing that will now affect Nigerians applying to Canada :-

Bro good evening, am sorry for the way you have been treated so far in this forum, Please I need you to understand that this is not how it used to be in the past, we've had some really nice guys in the past that gives out information without insults. Kindly ignore those trolling and insulting you, you are bigger than their ego and high handedness. If you have any more questions to ask simply ask and other kind human beings will always respond to you.

This is a public forum, I have benefited from it and I trust you will benefit from it soon... it shall end in praise and our applications will be reviewed in due time.

Once more on behalf of the nice people in this thread I tender an apology on the way you have been treated thus far... Have a wonderful evening Sir.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uvagho(f): 7:23pm On Jun 23, 2017
Kowalskiq:

I don't think I did a Very bad thing that will now affect Nigerians applying to Canada undecided
The problem is in the way u treat issues ..ur sarcasm is appalling and tysaxmalomo in his post said absolutely notin to offend u ..if u knew u didn't need no one to adv u ...why did you come here ..we all learn ,quarrel ,settle n move on ...I hope u can learn n move on ...above all be patient n focus on d goal.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 7:28pm On Jun 23, 2017
Na wa o, una get time ooo

Well NA person wey chop belleful DEY fit fight!

On a serious note: In a faceless forum like this one everybody is entitled to their own opinion and decision
Unless it is a fraudulent activity(which clearly goes against NA rules) you have no right to shut anybody down because no one here is a visa officer and no one is omniscient

I read post from a girl few days ago accusing someone of fraud and visa threat to Nigerians simply because the man in question wanted to change career path!!! That's out of it

That's another reason why I encourage most people to go back and read from the beginning / birth days of this thread then you will see how "our founding fathers" conducted their ordeals

No wonder why thesoj yemdogg michV fhemmymotos and some other guys are hardly seen here anymore

II know the tension is really high(me sef dey use lucozade boost myself) but that shouldn't shift our focus or destroy the objective of the thread

No e-fights, progress don't come when there is conflict

TogetherWeCanMakeThisThreadGreatAgain

Cheers
*TRV patient grin grin grin(since they already have trv doctor and trv nurse grin grin grin)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Moley22(m): 7:31pm On Jun 23, 2017
The problem in Nigeria is that Nigerians donot want to accept the fact that each and every Nigerian is/are entitled to their opinion...Its a faceless forum and so its exoected but then lets act maturely for hopeful sake!!!! *drops mic... Goodevening God bless us all!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tuzinde(m): 7:39pm On Jun 23, 2017
@damLaney

See link below for the admission process pathway to Carleton. I have also gone through this phase

https://graduate.carleton.ca/apply-online/application-status/

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Kowalskiq(m): 7:41pm On Jun 23, 2017
RealObserver:

Bro good evening, am sorry for the way you have been treated so far in this forum, Please I need you to understand that this is not how it used to be in the past, we've had some really nice guys in the past that gives out information without insults. Kindly ignore those trolling and insulting you, you are bigger than their ego and high handedness. If you have any more questions to ask simply ask and other kind human beings will always respond to you.

This is a public forum, I have benefited from it and I trust you will benefit from it soon... it shall end in praise and our applications will be reviewed in due time.

Once more on behalf of the nice people in this thread I tender an apology on the way you have been treated thus far... Have a wonderful evening Sir.

Thanks so much for your words.
You don't need to tell me about the nice people here, I'm a living testimony,

My application fees for University of Alberta was paid by a Nairalander I met here (in this section)

When I got admitted, and informed him, he was very happy, he paid for my Visa application and biometrics.
I swear, this is not fairy tale.

He helped me out in the application both for the University and Visa, you won't understand.

I applied for 2 schools on my own, I was rejected, it was the one he helped me with that worked.

I gave the testimony here, around April. Though he asked me to edit some details due to his anonymous reasons.
There are very wonderful people here, no need to mention names, only God will continually abundantly reward them

I have told myself, once I get married, my first male child will answer the name of the Man that helped me..
It still amazes me how a total stranger will offer to pay for my application fee, and even paid for my Visa application, I can't still get my head around it up till today, and please note, I never asked him to do this, he did it willingly

The man has never met me before, just online, he's not even from my tribe.
He didn't ask for anything in return, NOTHING, except I shouldn't disclose his identity.

And our Tribes flight each other daily in Politics and crime section cheesy, but that didn't stop him

I have Over benefitted here,

I bought my full bred Caucasian dog through the contact I got in Pet section, at a cheaper price.

I will also give back at the right time.
Thanks Baba

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bbclue(f): 7:42pm On Jun 23, 2017
Good evening housemate. ...Please I need an SOP on Business Administration. ............I read Accounting from a polytechnic and university of Regina gave me business administration ......... Please anybody can help me I want to summit next week friday

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Kowalskiq(m): 7:50pm On Jun 23, 2017
uvagho:
The problem is in the way u treat issues ..ur sarcasm is appalling and tysaxmalomo in his post said absolutely notin to offend u ..if u knew u didn't need no one to adv u ...why did you come here ..we all learn ,quarrel ,settle n move on ...I hope u can learn n move on ...above all be patient n focus on d goal.

I didn't come here because of you.
You can always ignore, I have never mentioned you here, I don't know you.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, you must acknowledge that, I'm not learning anything from you, go and teach yourself how to be cautious and respectful..

uvagho:
I no be Oga ...n I do not have a problem with anything but the way he keeps responding to issues ...I hardly want to talk abt the issue anymore ..It has been over flogged .

How do I respond to issues undecided
I'm not your dog, I don't do your bidding.
You don't feed me, I don't know you, I no SEND you.
You're nobody to me

I have the right to express my feelings in anyway I deem feat, most especially if It doesn't go against the rules of this forum.
Respect my opinion and ignore me next time.

As we have all said, this has been over flogged, let us all go back to the Purpose of this thread

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 8:03pm On Jun 23, 2017
The tension in the house this evening is very high and very necessary......Lol just to keep the TRV approval spirit going on. well done People. This quarrels will begat Good news IJN ...Bon Voyage
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by TheDonSenator: 8:12pm On Jun 23, 2017
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyhyyyyyyyyyyyy gbooooooooooooooooioooooooooosssssaaaaa
My trv don land oooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Make una dey drink oooooooooooooooooo
I just checked my cic account and saw that my application has been approved. ..
Everyyyyyyyyyyyy body ooooooooooo
Join me dance oooooooooooooooooo
Even my medical that I was waiting for showed passed. .
My application is not even up to a month

More Trv... More Life
Congratulations to me

26 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by TheDonSenator: 8:13pm On Jun 23, 2017
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyhyyyyyyyyyyyy gbooooooooooooooooioooooooooosssssaaaaa
>: grin grin

More Trv... More Life
Congratulations to me

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bluegirl080115: 8:17pm On Jun 23, 2017
Abacino007:

Thanks a lot @bluegirl080115. When you call on one, thousands shall answer you. IJN. I'm indeed grateful
Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Idowu3080(m): 8:19pm On Jun 23, 2017
Evening all. I just got my passport today n d reasons for the delay is that d visa officer is not satisfied that i can pay the tuition fee (note: i have funding which covered my tuition 6800 cad n fee is 5118 cad). The VO does not have issue with my living cost n cost of transportation. Also, i think this brought about d purpose of visit n travel history as there was no issue with employment prospect, family tie in canada n naija et al. Please i need your take on this on how to tackle this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 8:21pm On Jun 23, 2017
TheDonSenator:

More Trv... More Life
Congratulations to me
Wow God speed!! Jnyuwa02 come and see ooo it's got approved in just 20days!

Meanwhile TheDonsenator please screenshot your CIC account status and post it here let's the status on eligibility, background check and etc

Screenshot abeg!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 23, 2017
TheDonSenator:

More Trv... More Life
Congratulations to me

Congratulations. Some positive news to break the tension.

Everybody they carry vex around even me grin

Also noticed lots of decisions being rolled out today...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bluegirl080115: 8:23pm On Jun 23, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 8:23pm On Jun 23, 2017
Idowu3080:
Evening all. I just got my passport today n d reasons for the delay is that d visa officer is not satisfied that i can pay the tuition fee (note: i have funding which covered my tuition 6800 cad n fee is 5118 cad). The VO does not have issue with my living cost n cost of transportation. Also, i think this brought about d purpose of visit n travel history as there was no issue with employment prospect, family tie in canada n naija et al. Please i need your take on this on how to tackle this.
Gcms note is the first step of this journey bro.. Happy you are prepared to refire
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 8:25pm On Jun 23, 2017
TheDonSenator:

More Trv... More Life

Congratulations to me
Na this type I dey like.. Congrats dear..I key into dis testimony ..evritin ..ijn ...amen!!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.