Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (878734 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 12:44pm On Mar 24, 2017
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. henrinco: February 2nd, M.ed, MUN Paper Route. Delayed
2. Atrapon January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
3. Wealth360: January 31st, M.Sc. MEng. University of Saskatchewan. Paper route. Medical Mail 24th february Medical Passed 2nd March APPROVED 8th March
4. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route.
5. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
6.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
7.Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
8. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals
9. Akanmu2013 submission 14th march,online PGD Seneca college
10. sundaydammy submission 13th oct, 2016 paper PGD mohawk college,
11. Ayos16, Submitted 22nd Dec,2016, Upfront Medical.

when you submit your TRV Application kindly update the house on your timeline. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 12:47pm On Mar 24, 2017
House, my supervisor at the University of Saskatchewan mailed me last night just to inform me that the Dean's scholarship application he filed for me to support my PhD work has been rejected; although there are backup from his side. He categorically stated that this was based on the fact that the committee see me as someone with little or no research experience (I got a direct PhD admission to the department of biomedical engineering). From my supervisor's side the Canadian space agency has given him grants to support some of his PhD students, he later sent me a letter of assistantship that I have been awarded $ 20,000 for up to 4 years. Is this sufficient to show at the embassy, aside this what do the experienced ones think about this. Specifically, I have shown interest in one of the MRI projects the Canadian space agency has funded.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kod161: 12:53pm On Mar 24, 2017
Please is there anyone going paper route next week or. Upper week?
Kindly let me know so we can relate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 1:03pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ejaloni123:
House, my supervisor at the University of Saskatchewan mailed me last night just to inform me that the Dean's scholarship application he filed for me to support my PhD work has been rejected; although there are backup from his side. He categorically stated that this was based on the fact that the committee see me as someone with little or no research experience (I got a direct PhD admission to the department of biomedical engineering). From my supervisor's side the Canadian space agency has given him grants to support some of his PhD students, he later sent me a letter of assistantship that I have been awarded $ 20,000 for up to 4 years. Is this sufficient to show at the embassy, aside this what do the experienced ones think about this. Specifically, I have shown interest in one of the MRI projects the Canadian space agency has funded.

Mehn you are so favored. that grant is okay for you to add to any SOA you want to submit too. I was admitted into Mechanical dept. My Supervisor did nothing concerning grant or funding for me even when I ask if he has any assistantship for me, He told me ''NO'' I dont know why sha. I have gotten my TRV and I told him I have secured my TRV and some other questions. do you wanna know his reply? ''WELCOME. C.....Lol His name Prof Chris turned to C. well I pray sha that I will find favour also in his sight by God's grace.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 1:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
Judgepelumi:
Hello house
Please is there a word count that a SOP should contain?
I prefer 1-2pages.

However, I have seen successful cases of 3 pages.

All in all, reading can be very boring. So, I try and save them -those in-charge- some stress and from unwanted and unemotional stories like I have always liked ... since childhood.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Piethewitch: 1:29pm On Mar 24, 2017
Hellp everyone hear,
I need your help. I applied for my student permit to Canada and i submitted my documents with my passport before i took medical check up. I got an email yesterday saying i should go for medical check up. When i went to the hospital today for medical check up they told me i need my passport or a photocopy stamped from the high commission yet the high commission has not sent it to me .
What should i do? I am confused and scared
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Dominicumoh(m): 1:42pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dominicumoh:
Hello guys,

Who else is still waiting for the admission decision from Memorial University of Newfoundland? I'm becoming more tensed that it's taken too long. I applied for M. Eng in Electrical Engineering ...

Also applied to the University of Waterloo... Still no response from them. Anyone in my situation?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kod161: 1:43pm On Mar 24, 2017
wealth360:

Mehn you are so favored. that grant is okay for you to add to any SOA you want to submit too. I was admitted into Mechanical dept. My Supervisor did nothing concerning grant or funding for me even when I ask if he has any assistantship for me, He told me ''NO'' I dont know why sha. I have gotten my TRV and I told him I have secured my TRV and some other questions. do you wanna know his reply? ''WELCOME. C.....Lol His name Prof Chris turned to C. well I pray sha that I will find favour also in his sight by God's grace.

Wealth360 sent you a message kindly assist.
Thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
wealth360:

ooooooooh, I think my supervisor has been nice sha, right from the day I contacted him, when he interview me with this research group and up till now(God's favour). I pray God will make a way for you. Are u still considering taken up the offer with personal funding?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Newman1010: 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2017
@judgepelumi,

183.87 USD

Judgepelumi:

Please how much was the online fee?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 1:49pm On Mar 24, 2017
wealth360:

Could you please take me through the study permit application................
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by naijaent: 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2017
Please everyone, i'm trying to kill two birds with a stone but i want to know if it's possible...

I'm about to write IELTS for the Canadian Skilled Immigration program. I also want to apply for a masters program in Canada and the US, what i want to know is if it's the same IELTS that is being used for workers and student. I also want to know if WES evaluates the same transcipt for both US and CANADA so that i don't have to start paying separately for each one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jiri123: 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
Good day everyone I was recently denied trv reasons are home ties and purpose of visit.. Is there anything I can do next... Please house help with your advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 2:18pm On Mar 24, 2017
jiri123:
Good day everyone I was recently denied trv reasons are home ties and purpose of visit.. Is there anything I can do next... Please house help with your advice

Kindly put up your profile for people to proffer possible solution, what you have above cant help u get what you want.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by QuantumMove01: 2:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ejaloni123:

If it is $20,000 per year for upto four years then I think it is still a very good funding. It is good to go for the embassy in addition to other financial/sponsorship documents you will need to submit.
Wish you all the best.

#MyTwoCents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jiri123: 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2017
Eraytee:

Kindly put up your profile for people to proffer possible solution, what you have above cant help u get what you want.
I really don't understand what you mean by put up your profile
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bdcity2: 2:28pm On Mar 24, 2017
kod161:
Please is there anyone going paper route next week or. Upper week?
Kindly let me know so we can relate.

YES, I'LL SUBMIT NEXT WEEK
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kod161: 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
bdcity2:

YES, I'LL SUBMIT NEXT WEEK

Sent you a PM bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by goodnews1111: 2:35pm On Mar 24, 2017
ojayN:
Good Morning everyone,

I submitted my study permit application through an agent since October 19th 2016. Not heard anything from them. Am so tired. Pls what should I do
Did you do upfront medical? Or have you been called for medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Michelleflores(f): 2:54pm On Mar 24, 2017
jiri123:
I really don't understand what you mean by put up your profile

It means list the documents you submitted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bdcity2: 3:18pm On Mar 24, 2017
@yemdogg

i just sent you a pm, please i need help with my sop.

pls boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jiri123: 3:22pm On Mar 24, 2017
[quote author=Michelleflores post=54904176]

It means list the documents you submitted.[/quote statement of account with cash flow of 150million for d past 6months but with balance of 15 million 4 landed properties...............shares worth 0ver 200k.......a letter from the company we do business with stating over 50 million transaction in 3 months..... Reference letter from the bank.... Admission letter..... Birth certificate..... Transcript..... Results........ 6 professional courses certificate..... Police clearance....... Letter of sponsorship from my mum............ Sop...........i was denied on the ground of.... Home ties....... Travel history....... And purpose of visit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by abestine(m): 3:45pm On Mar 24, 2017
[quote author=jiri123 post=54904918][/quote]

For the home ties, you can resolve by getting landed property, like plots of land in your name, documents like, receipt, deed of assignment, survey plan, C of O to submit alongside ur documents

If you are married, you can submit, ur marriage certificate and bitrth certificate of ur children if you have.

If you work u can use it as hone ties stating u are travelling on study leave to return to ur jib upon completion.

Just my suggestions, gurus can give u better solutions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 3:50pm On Mar 24, 2017
Piethewitch:
Hellp everyone hear,
I need your help. I applied for my student permit to Canada and i submitted my documents with my passport before i took medical check up. I got an email yesterday saying i should go for medical check up. When i went to the hospital today for medical check up they told me i need my passport or a photocopy stamped from the high commission yet the high commission has not sent it to me .
What should i do? I am confused and scared

Guy.Gu.Guy If you link your application online. CIC will send you a mail to check your account. and you will receive a medical mail invite. another mail will be sent to you attached with your passport stamped by them from accra. if you check your account online you will also see the medical form sent to you and thats what you will take to the hospital for medical clearance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by abestine(m): 3:51pm On Mar 24, 2017
[quote author=jiri123 post=54904918][/quote]

As for purpose of visit, is the course you are going for related to ur precious study? If no, u will need a strong letter of explanation describing how the course are related and why u are changing country se of study.

Also If ur admission is in Fall and you are apply with those resuming for winter (January) before the summer, it may lead to purpose of visit too. I was delayed too last year for purpose of visit and insufficient fund and home ties
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Newman1010: 3:52pm On Mar 24, 2017
@Dunna, please let me know when u get your biometrics mail.

Thanks

Dunna:
Please house, after submission of an online application, how long approximately does it take to be invited for biometrics. Please respond.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 3:53pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ejaloni123:
ooooooooh, I think my supervisor has been nice sha, right from the day I contacted him, when he interview me with this research group and up till now(God's favour). I pray God will make a way for you. Are u still considering taken up the offer with personal funding?

off cos. I will sponsor myself and when he sees the glory of God in me and what am made of ....He will comply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 3:55pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ejaloni123:

Could you please take me through the study permit application................
Pm me so I can give you my number then we go relate well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Judgepelumi(m): 3:55pm On Mar 24, 2017
Newman1010:
@judgepelumi,

183.87 USD

Sorry i meant the naira value
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by justicia: 4:49pm On Mar 24, 2017
Hi All. Is there anyone who applied to MUN for MBA here. Is their gmat requirement and Feb 1 deadline for international students very strict... thank you already for your response..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Newman1010: 5:02pm On Mar 24, 2017
Not sure you can apply online using a naira card due to the limit on cards for FX transactions.

You can confirm from others too.
Cheers

Judgepelumi:

Sorry i meant the naira value
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Michelleflores(f): 5:08pm On Mar 24, 2017
You can as well add birth certificates of your family members as prove of home ties, but on basis of travel history, perhaps you should add Visas of countries you've visited previously. @Jiri123

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.