Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (879655 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jiri123: 6:55pm On Mar 24, 2017
Michelleflores:
You can as well add birth certificates of your family members as prove of home ties, but on basis of travel history, perhaps you should add Visas of countries you've visited previously. @Jiri123
thanks I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ceceliaa34(f): 7:16pm On Mar 24, 2017
I've been trying to pay my application fee (150 CAD)to University of the Fraser Valley since yesterday with my GTB MasterCard but it never goes through.

Is there any other way around this? I'm beginning to get worried. The deadline is just 5 days away.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tuzinde(m): 7:29pm On Mar 24, 2017
ceceliaa34:
I've been trying to pay my application fee (150 CAD)to University of the Fraser Valley since yesterday with my GTB MasterCard but it never goes through.

Is there any other way around this? I'm beginning to get worried. The deadline is just 5 days away.

150CAD is more than the allowed limit of 100CAD,make use of a dollar card for the payment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by horluwahseye: 7:37pm On Mar 24, 2017
Hello guys, please, I submitted my student visa application on Feb 1,2017....(paper route), I didn't get any message then about my tracking no but I was giving at the vfs office, and I kept on checking since then, all I see is that my application has been sent to the Canada embassy Accra for processing, nothing more, please, I hope I don't Ave anything to fear? ? Urgent reply please, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 7:41pm On Mar 24, 2017
horluwahseye:
Hello guys, please, I submitted my student visa application on Feb 1,2017....(paper route), I didn't get any message then about my tracking no but I was giving at the vfs office, and I kept on checking since then, all I see is that my application has been sent to the Canada embassy Accra for processing, nothing more, please, I hope I don't Ave anything to fear? ? Urgent reply please, thanks

Link your paper app online. You can search for how to here or check my profile for things have shared here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Michelleflores(f): 7:44pm On Mar 24, 2017
You have nothing to worry about, it's still under process, in the meantime link the paper application to an online account for updates from cic.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by horluwahseye: 7:47pm On Mar 24, 2017
Michelleflores:
You have nothing to worry about, it's still under process, in the meantime link the paper application to an online account for updates from cic.
Pls kindly post the link pls... Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by horluwahseye: 7:47pm On Mar 24, 2017
Osemigho:

Link your paper app online. You can search for how to here or check my profile for things have shared here.

Pls kindly post the link, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 8:28pm On Mar 24, 2017
For Canada masters program, you don't need IELTS except stated by your school (very rare but nit impossible).
For U.S Admission, i will advise you write TOEFL, and that's if you're targeting G.A which you will have to write and ace GRE.
You can't use the WES evaluation for skilled migration for study. ( it is stated on their website to specify if you're going for immigration or academics) so WES evaluation for study will NOT work for immigration.
And lastly, WES evaluation for Canada is different from WES evaluation for U.S. you can't use WES canada evaluation to apply for U.S.
naijaent:
Please everyone, i'm trying to kill two birds with a stone but i want to know if it's possible...

I'm about to write IELTS for the Canadian Skilled Immigration program. I also want to apply for a masters program in Canada and the US, what i want to know is if it's the same IELTS that is being used for workers and student. I also want to know if WES evaluates the same transcipt for both US and CANADA so that i don't have to start paying separately for each one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tuzinde(m): 8:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
horluwahseye:

Pls kindly post the link, thanks

Please run a search and you will find what you require.
It saves you time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by horluwahseye: 8:48pm On Mar 24, 2017
Please, if I link my application online, will I still get mails from the embassy or it will all be online process only
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 8:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
Please, do I need to certify photocopies of documents I will be submitting to the embassy?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chinexchiboy(m): 9:10pm On Mar 24, 2017
my MUN application has been updated to "decision made". any help on how I can know the outcome of the decision? the suspense is killing me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ejaloni123:
Please, do I need to certify photocopies of documents I will be submitting to the embassy?
Not compulsory.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 24, 2017
Beyy:
Please I need help my canadian study permit has been rejected again...This is the second time now. Initial reasons were
1. Purpose of visit
2. Current employment situation
3. Travel history
4. Personal and financial asset

For the second application, i used an agent but it was also rejected. Reasons were:
1. Insufficient funds
2. Travel history
3. Family ties in canada and country of residence.

Please the gurus in the house should help out. Hoping to hear from you soon. Thanks.
Hello.
Did you use an immigration lawyer? Please what do you mean by an agent?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:30pm On Mar 24, 2017
Piethewitch:
Hellp everyone hear,
I need your help. I applied for my student permit to Canada and i submitted my documents with my passport before i took medical check up. I got an email yesterday saying i should go for medical check up. When i went to the hospital today for medical check up they told me i need my passport or a photocopy stamped from the high commission yet the high commission has not sent it to me .
What should i do? I am confused and scared
You should write back to the embassy and inform them of the situation. Quote your passport number and possibly your VFS tracking number in the email to them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by abestine(m): 9:30pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ejaloni123:

Not compulsory though, but advisable , gives more credibility to your documents due to the stamp of the notarized individual.

All letters don't need notarization, because u have to submit d originals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by abestine(m): 9:40pm On Mar 24, 2017
adebidemi:

Hello.
Did you use an immigration lawyer? Please what do you mean by an agent?

How did your agent tackle the issues raised in ur previous application? Did he wrote an explanation letter showing how each of those issues were resolved in the second application?

Honestly, I don't trust agents, most of 'em don't do thorough job.

Let's see d documents submitted by the agent to know how to come in.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:41pm On Mar 24, 2017
horluwahseye:
Please, if I link my application online, will I still get mails from the embassy or it will all be online process only
All correspondence will hence be online after linking. You will still get an email however (if you ticked the box to get notification)of an update to your application once any is available.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bluegirl080115: 9:53pm On Mar 24, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by naijaent: 9:55pm On Mar 24, 2017
penitential:
For Canada masters program, you don't need IELTS except stated by your school (very rare but nit impossible).
For U.S Admission, i will advise you write TOEFL, and that's if you're targeting G.A which you will have to write and ace GRE.
You can't use the WES evaluation for skilled migration for study. ( it is stated on their website to specify if you're going for immigration or academics) so WES evaluation for study will NOT work for immigration.
And lastly, WES evaluation for Canada is different from WES evaluation for U.S. you can't use WES canada evaluation to apply for U.S.
I thin you nipped my question in the bud. I really understand that the US favour TOEFL over IELTS but most schools accept either one. I also thought i could dave money by using the same WES evaluation for both interests.

What you did not tough on though is whether the IELTS for work is different from that for admission. I think i saw somewhere where they said it's different. Not sure though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 9:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
naijaent:

I thin you nipped my question in the bud. I really understand that the US favour TOEFL over IELTS but most schools accept either one. I also thought i could dave money by using the same WES evaluation for both interests.

What you did not tough on though is whether the IELTS for work is different from that for admission. I think i saw somewhere where they said it's different. Not sure though.

I've answered your question in my previous mention.
I said you can't use WES evaluation for immigration for academic purpose. They're two different evaluation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Michelleflores(f): 10:04pm On Mar 24, 2017
horluwahseye:

Pls kindly post the link pls... Thanks so much

Type "cic.gc.ca" on google and read through, you'll find what you seek
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
Hello! Friends, it's been a while.

I apologise to those who sent me PMs and I didn't respond, I have been very sick just recovering.

Those complaing of inability to pay for applications;
dollar hovers around 380/390 in the black market, which is fair.

You can easily buy and fund a dollar card which you can use for your school application and all.

Cheers guys.

Genius.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 10:11pm On Mar 24, 2017
@Austinpee.. Are you a PA, or already applied or have gotten ur TRV?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 10:20pm On Mar 24, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 10:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
Igbouwanile:
@Austinpee.. Are you a PA, or already applied or have gotten ur TRV?
Biko, whc PA do you mean? Lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 11:18pm On Mar 24, 2017
Austinpee4:

Biko, whc PA do you mean? Lol

Lolz... Prospective Applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bluegirl080115: 11:20pm On Mar 24, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:39pm On Mar 24, 2017
ajaokabir:
Well, I'm. Just in your shoes, I applied to three schools, Manitoba, McGill and MUN. Non offered admission same reasons of competition and sort. Civil Engineering precisely, cgpa of 3.55.

Well, I'm considering open work permit for as alternative because my wife got admitted to Western University.
grin

@ ajaokabir
Pls can u update me on OPEN WORK PERMIT , because I was refused admission in MUN. I only apply to MUN.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 11:45pm On Mar 24, 2017
bluegirl080115:

PA means Prospective Aspirant

Trv-Nurse ➕
Igbouwanile:

Lolz... Prospective Applicant

Lol...Whc one i go take nau??

Anyway, i don collect TRV oo. Na clean i dey clean my passport now so cockroach no go chop the VISA foil comot before i leave in aug/sept.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.