Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (879661 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maygreaves(m): 12:03pm On Mar 27, 2017
Osemigho:

Statement of interest is to tell them what you are interested in, to know if they can offer you adequate supervision and support for it.

It can lead to auto-rejection, if they don't have faculty interested in your area or too outdated, and can be saving grace, if it is too sweet to be rejected despite low GPA.

Write it well, and let others in and out of your field help you review it.

Hello Osemigho, Trust you're having a great day...i have an issue ill need your advise or any other advise on.
I finished with a 2.8 from Economics department (unilag)
I really want to pursue my Ms.c in the same field, but i understand my cgpa is too low for that.
I decided to go through the pgd route and applied for Financial Planning at Seneca, however, ive been talking to schools i have an interest in going for my masters after pgd but they keep saying they only accept university results. pls i would need your help on available schools i can pursue a masters in economics after a good pgd resullt (by Gods grace) and if i should still go ahead with Seneca.

God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by sundaydammy: 12:14pm On Mar 27, 2017
Igbouwanile:

Your question has been answered, kindly look up for it.

can't see anything pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Piethewitch: 12:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
goodnews1111:

I did online application on 4th march, did biometric 6th since then nothing new ?

Aww okay I applied mine from Kenya so waiting time differs and I do not need biometrics
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by goodnews1111: 12:32pm On Mar 27, 2017
StCruz247:
I must confess,I have benefited from this educative and informative part 12. May God bless everyone of us and grant us our heart desires.Am done with my SOP ,Have gone through it again and again. My wife have reviewed it and made her suggestions(Though she is not an expat) but her observations made a lot of sense. I will appreciate a review from any one of us that is good in reviewing SOP.

I will also want to know if Undergraduate transcript is required for TRV application for Diploma program . Thanks
Not required if its a diploma but required for Pgd
You could also mail me your sop
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by deolutolu(m): 12:41pm On Mar 27, 2017
Hi guys,
I have been following this thread for quite some time. About 2 days ago, Issue of sponsorship was raised. A point I held on to is being truthful when it comes to stating your relationship with sponsor. In my case, the sponsor I intend to use is my dad's close friend, of course different last name. How can I make my application work, giving that he's not a close relative.
Thanks for your advice in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Michelleflores(f): 12:43pm On Mar 27, 2017
sundaydammy:

can't see anything pls

Check for 'General U.S.A student visa enquiries' on nairaland
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tommee: 1:01pm On Mar 27, 2017
Hello guyz great work here i must say, after reading all comment and personal experience here i must say i have learnt a lot but i am still confused on the degree names diploma/advance diploma/certificate program/graduate certificate programe and post graduate diploma i am guessing the post graduate diploma is the best to apply for with my 4year degree in banking and finance with CGPA 2.85 and i also need clarification and difference between a post graduate diploma and graduate certificate programe. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Benfaco1: 1:22pm On Mar 27, 2017
maygreaves:

Boss, hello..i just want to know if a masters can be done after good grades at pgd level, and whats schools accept that.

I advise you e-mail the university you wish to transfer to later on for a better clarification.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 1:53pm On Mar 27, 2017
Any one in the house to help me on how to make this decision? Having secured admission and funding at the University of Saskatchewan, I am left with study permit decision. I am a student at the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Rwanda and I will only be done in June. Meanwhile, if I have to study come September, I have to make application now. If I make applications on-line, I am not certain the institution will allw me to come back home for my biometrics; even if I do, how do I come back if my passport is collected? I am left with the option of applying from here...........The experienced ones in the house can advice, should I do it from here?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Piethewitch: 1:58pm On Mar 27, 2017
deolutolu:
Hi guys,
I have been following this thread for quite some time. About 2 days ago, Issue of sponsorship was raised. A point I held on to is being truthful when it comes to stating your relationship with sponsor. In my case, the sponsor I intend to use is my dad's close friend, of course different last name. How can I make my application work, giving that he's not a close relative.

Well according to my knowledge I would suggest that you write how close he is to your family and why he is sponsoring you and then in addition to that you should provide really strong ties to your country like land titles , family photos, house etc which your family has or even a child , husband or employment that will show that you will come back.
Because if you don't it will look like your parents and your family are not well off you are looking for a way to run away from your country. And they won't believe you will be coming back

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ddonsly: 2:07pm On Mar 27, 2017
Dear Nairalanders,

Good morning. New member here. I have what I'd like to think is a unique case hence my need for urgent advise and input from Nairalanders.

I currently have two offers of an MBA and MSc from VIU and Carleton respectively both of which I think I can comfortably tie to my Computer Science degree/work experience, but that is not the issue. I think I'll be going for the Carleton option.

I did my 1st degree in the UK, got PSW and worked for a couple of years before attempting to switch back to a student visa for a business-related course and then I had some issues. My application was rejected, I reapplied well within time and it took them about a year to finally reach a decision on my application. They again refused my application on the grounds that the CAS was no longer valid, which of course was no fault of mine given that it took them so long to look at my application. Now that oversight/mix-up on their side meant that the home office now considered me an overstayer. I used lawyers to try to clear up the mess and get them to give my case a proper and fair consideration because as far as I and the lawyers were concerned, I did everything right but then the Home Office had made a decision that was highly detrimental to me. Their new grounds now became that I was an overstayer and liable to be removed. On one occasion, they invited me for an interview and detained me in an attempt to remove me. They said I had no right of appeal in country, that I had to go back home to continue my appeal and case against them.

Luckily the lawyers went to court and the court granted me bail. After that encounter, I felt there wasn't any point fighting any further, so I decided to leave voluntarily. That was in October 2015. I have been in Naija ever since, completed my NYSC last November, done a couple of courses and started working full time since Jan this year.

Now I've been putting together my documentation for Canada Student Visa application but have been struggling on how to represent this particular issue.

1) Is it necessary to explicitly declare this in my application? I have almost all the documents (there are loads of them) showing my transaction with the UK Home Office, the courts, my lawyers etc.. The documents are plenty oo.. wouldn't that complicate my whole application?

2) Answering the aspect of the form where I have to declare all my visa refusals, do I have to state all the number of times the UK Home Office said 'NO' to my application and re-applications?

3) What is the best way to handle this aspect of my travel history. I am thinking that speaking ill of the UK Home Office and my experience with them will probably do me no good. I'm confused as to how to really handle this

NB: Up until this whole issue started, I never had any issues with them, I had been in and out of UK several times and also UAE. But since I returned, I never bothered to travel as I have just been focused on putting myself back together again.

I would really appreciate all your input and comments.

Sorry if there are any errors or omissions. Was trying to quickly get this off. I'm still at work.. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Piethewitch: 2:14pm On Mar 27, 2017
wealth360:
Greeting everyone. @ MichV, yemmdogg, folaroyal i have found the medical form on the cic account i have. thanks alot brothers.
to all TRV hopeful in this part 12 we shall shout for JOY. IN JESUS NAME.
amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Piethewitch: 2:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
Hello i want to ask a question is it true that by the time they ask for medical then visa will be approved
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by johnnyvid(m): 2:47pm On Mar 27, 2017
chinexchiboy:

I didnt write english test, i only sent my transcript, while reference letter was filled online...
Transcript was sent via courier service directly from my institution...
pls kindly put me through on the process on sending your credentials to them. And besides which university did you apply for. I finish from university of recent but still want to start my masters program in canada. I finished with second class lower. Please is their any hope. I study geology but still want to further my masters program on that field or any one. I need your reply here thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 3:00pm On Mar 27, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by johnnyvid(m): 3:01pm On Mar 27, 2017
Uzee24:
Good day House..
My question bothers on letter of intent or statement of interest as the case may be. Is it a must dat some1 going for masters needs to have published a work or an article for his letter of intent to have the desired appeal to the graduate committee? I mean, here in our clime, its quite rare to see something like dat, if am not wrong because usually after graduation is straight to NYSC nd job hunting follows. The best most people have is their final year project research.
I know dat could be a criteria for Phd candidates...but for masters?
Please I will like the input from the experienced ppl in the house. Thanks.
so bro what u are saying is that the projects materials one finish off in the Nigeria university won't be accepted as the published work baa. Please I need more of your explanation here. Thank you for your contribution here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 3:09pm On Mar 27, 2017
Piethewitch:
Hello i want to ask a question is it true that by the time they ask for medical then visa will be approved

I dont think so because there are cases people get denied after medicals this cud b as a result of any flaw from the medical result or any deficiency discovered from applicants documentation later on, however if an applicant is sent medical mail it shows a high likelihood of approval all things being equal.
Do your medical & pray for a positive outcome.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 3:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
johnnyvid:
pls kindly put me through on the process on sending your credentials to them. And besides which university did you apply for. I finish from university of recent but still want to start my masters program in canada. I finished with second class lower. Please is their any hope. I study geology but still want to further my masters program on that field or any one. I need your reply here thanks.

am a geologist like you, bro getting a master admission with your grade is quite difficult just to be truthful with u, you should know by now how sensitive and competitive Geology as a course on its own is, they dont admit much even msc here in naija with geology. you likely going to face difficulties in securing a master admission with 2.2 in Canada and with Geology.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DatechMan(m): 4:37pm On Mar 27, 2017
matic12:
Good morning house... Please, I need help now. I applied to University of Manitoba for M. so but yesterday I received a mail from the graduate program coordinator stating deficiency in my transcript and as such I was given an option to consider..

To revise my application for entry into pre masters program in the faculty I applied to by taking some courses at 300/400level and as such given the opportunity to reapply for admission into the M. sc program in the later date....

If I have keenly considered this option, I should send a mail to the Admission chair (graduate program) or the Graduate program coordinator....

To my people in the house, I need your help cos I don't know what pre masters is? is it that my application has been rejected? Can the VO grant me Visa for Pre Master's?

Kindly help others by telling us what your CGPA is?
Your intended course of study.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 4:50pm On Mar 27, 2017
Piethewitch:

Aww okay I applied mine from Kenya so waiting time differs and I do not need biometrics
Are you nigerian?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 5:00pm On Mar 27, 2017
deolutolu:
Hi guys,
A non-relative is considered a 3rd party sponsor and will have to show more than just writting a letter and including his/her account statements. Previous financial support evidence can convince officers that he/she will INDEED expend funds on your study.

The best of it is to have your sponsor pay your first year tuition atleast and transfer a significant amount to your personal account where you can readily have access to the funds that will make available to you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 5:09pm On Mar 27, 2017
Ejaloni123:
Any one in the house to help me on how to make this decision? Having secured admission and funding at the University of Saskatchewan, I am left with study permit decision. I am a student at the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Rwanda and I will only be done in June. Meanwhile, if I have to study come September, I have to make application now. If I make applications on-line, I am not certain the institution will allw me to come back home for my biometrics; even if I do, how do I come back if my passport is collected? I am left with the option of applying from here...........The experienced ones in the house can advice, should I do it from here?
A good option you MAY consider is to discuss possibilities with your school in Rwanda to allow you come back to nigeria briefly to complete the study permit application.

If you choose to apply from there, online route will be your best shot as biometrics is always the first step to complete before a final decision is made on your visa application. So you will still have your passport with you even when you will be requested to go for biometrics. The passport will be requested ONLY when a final decison is made and your study permit approved.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 5:10pm On Mar 27, 2017
Hello Friends,

Please how do you calculate to get the real Canadian equivalent of any stated amount in Naira, do you use site, app or do the solving..

Abeg hint me as I need to state the real equivalent of CAD to Naira in my letters.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 5:13pm On Mar 27, 2017
Ejaloni123:

Are you a Nigerian?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 5:40pm On Mar 27, 2017
ddonsly:

1) Is it necessary to explicitly declare this in my application? I have almost all the documents (there are loads of them) showing my transaction with the UK Home Office, the courts, my lawyers etc.. The documents are plenty oo.. wouldn't that complicate my whole application?

2) Answering the aspect of the form where I have to declare all my visa refusals, do I have to state all the number of times the UK Home Office said 'NO' to my application and re-applications?

3) What is the best way to handle this aspect of my travel history. I am thinking that speaking ill of the UK Home Office and my experience with them will probably do me no good. I'm confused as to how to really handle this

NB: Up until this whole issue started, I never had any issues with them, I had been in and out of UK several times and also UAE. But since I returned, I never bothered to travel as I have just been focused on putting myself back together again.

I would really appreciate all your input and comments.

Sorry if there are any errors or omissions. Was trying to quickly get this off. I'm still at work.. Thank you very much.

1. You may be shooting yourself in the foot if you choose to hide or provide unnecessary information or documents.
In this case, briefly summarize the reasons for your previous refusal in a letter of explanation, add few RELEVANT documents to support and present your facts in a simple manner. You don't have to be defensive, they will still find out all the information they need.

2.Their question is straight forward enough and it a YES or NO answer needed. In the box provided, state in a sentence or two reasons for the refusal. Your letter of explanation and their further enquiry will still give them more details they may need.

3.You don't have to speak ill of an agency that is certified and authorized by their government to carry out immigration services for their country. It makes no difference. Decisions have been made, good or bad.
Your part is to be sincere in your statements, lodgements and facts that will be provided.

The mere fact that you are sincere and state what had happened in your previous immigration history will point a great deal to your credibility. Individual countries have their various reasons for refusing visas or entry to their country. As long as your previous history is entirely not damaging and have not rendered you inadmissible on any grounds, you still stand a chance with any other country you are applying to.

All you should do is explain sincerely what happened and let them use their discretion to make their decison.

Best regards.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by olutowo(m): 5:41pm On Mar 27, 2017
Good job guys, plz i need ur advice on this, am planning to go for my masters in university of regina but thats not the issue, the issue is my age kus i will be 31 come october, just wanna ask whats my chances of gettin a visa besides, i finished in 2012 and am into fashion since then, am single....please help out..thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 5:43pm On Mar 27, 2017
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:

Are you a Nigerian?
Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ddonsly: 6:14pm On Mar 27, 2017
Austinpee4:

1. You may be shooting yourself in the foot if you choose to hide or provide unnecessary information or documents.
In this case, briefly summarize the reasons for your previous refusal in a letter of explanation, add few RELEVANT documents to support and present your facts in a simple manner. You don't have to be defensive, they will still find out all the information they need.

2.Their question is straight forward enough and it a YES or NO answer needed. In the box provided, state in a sentence or two reasons for the refusal. Your letter of explanation and their further enquiry will still give them more details they may need.

3.You don't have to speak ill of an agency that is certified and authorized by their government to carry out immigration services for their country. It makes no difference. Decisions have been made, good or bad.
Your part is to be sincere in your statements, lodgements and facts that will be provided.

The mere fact that you are sincere and state what had happened in your previous immigration history will point a great deal to your credibility. Individual countries have their various reasons for refusing visas or entry to their country. As long as your previous history is entirely not damaging and have not rendered you inadmissible on any grounds, you still stand a chance with any other country you are applying to.

All you should do is explain sincerely what happened and let them use their discretion to make their decison.

Best regards.

Thank you very much for your quick response. Do you by chance know how much information is shared between the UK and Canada about a particular individual? If only I can know, it would help know exactly what to present and avoid mentioning irrelevant things in my statement.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Doodoo10: 6:16pm On Mar 27, 2017
@penitential and @eraytee
Please I have mentioned that I am going to apply for "Bachelor of Applied Technology Petroleum Engineering"
But I was confused that it is a bachelor program since I already have a bachelor degree I petroleum engineering here in Nigeria.

I was advised to look up for a PGD course in SAIT, but I couldn't find one in Petroleum except same Bachelor of Applied Technology Petroleum Engineering" so I am kinda confused and need some clarification

This is an attachment of the information for the course

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by sundaydammy: 6:18pm On Mar 27, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 6:20pm On Mar 27, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 6:24pm On Mar 27, 2017
ddonsly:

Thank you very much for your quick response. Do you by chance know how much information is shared between the UK and Canada about a particular individual? If only I can know, it would help know exactly what to present and avoid mentioning irrelevant things in my statement.
Your statements should be drawn from the premise that they will dig out all they need to know. Do not leave any thing to a guess. Do your best sincerely and be TRUTHFUL. Information that border around various situations of concern to any embassy or country CAN be gotten as there are good degrees of cordial cooperation amongst these countries particularly choicest destinations.

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.