Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Tanker Crushes A Man's Car From Behind (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tanker Crushes A Man's Car From Behind (Photos) (29355 Views)

Trailer Loses Control, Crushes A Bus Along Apapa-Oshodi Expressway (Graphic Pics / Trailer Crushes A Lady Going To Market And Her Son Dead In Aba (Graphic Photos) / Tanker Crushes A Motorcyclist, Others To Death In Rivers State (graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tanker Crushes A Man's Car From Behind (Photos) by michaelfriday44(m): 1:41pm On Feb 25, 2017
went people from your village say u will never prosper
Re: Tanker Crushes A Man's Car From Behind (Photos) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 25, 2017
sad this is the shit the economy has done to us

You get triplets rather than one child you start thinking how to run away

Your house catches fire no life lost you start crying your life out because that's your livelihood

Your taxi gets crushed no life lost you start thinking of suicide because no one understand that is the only thing keeping you from been the ordinary Street begger

There was a time we would go to the church to give testimonies for such but the economy has played as ludo to a point we see our own lives in our properties
Re: Tanker Crushes A Man's Car From Behind (Photos) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 25, 2017
sad this is the shit the economy has done to us

You get triplets rather than one child you start thinking how to run away

Your house catches fire no life lost you start crying your life out because that's your livelihood

Your taxi gets crushed no life lost you start thinking of suicide because no one understand that is the only thing keeping you from been the ordinary Street begger

There was a time we would go to the church to give testimonies for such but the economy has played as ludo to a point we see our own lives in our properties

What a sad thing.
Re: Tanker Crushes A Man's Car From Behind (Photos) by fromnigeria(m): 2:05pm On Feb 25, 2017
Bloggers are another problems we have in Nigeria, today with Platforms like Nairaland playing the accomplice role.
Cooking up lies...
posting lies... that widens the gap btw ethnic groups in Nigeria, Promoting Nudity and all form of immorality and more.
All because of Clicks, pageviews and revenue.
mtcheew
Re: Tanker Crushes A Man's Car From Behind (Photos) by oyegbemile(m): 2:07pm On Feb 25, 2017
Cars are nothing but agolo lasan
Re: Tanker Crushes A Man's Car From Behind (Photos) by gonkin(m): 3:32pm On Feb 25, 2017
You drive car of at least 2.5 million not that u are running cab service, u dont have a job and u say u are broke.

He must be a yahoo boy because they are the only people i know that can hit 7 million and use 6.5million to buy car 400k for flexing and beer then 100k for bitches.

You better go and thank God for your life the person wen u maga, him swear dey pursue you
Re: Tanker Crushes A Man's Car From Behind (Photos) by Sultty(m): 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2017
I really love Toyota muscle car. Imagine it even left damages on d tanker shocked but the least this man can do is to keep shut abs thank God for sparing him like seriously

Re: Tanker Crushes A Man's Car From Behind (Photos) by Aadeyinka(m): 3:42pm On Feb 25, 2017
Nne5:
chai.

Oga at least you were not hurt.Be greatful for that.
after grateful, he should be begged?
Re: Tanker Crushes A Man's Car From Behind (Photos) by Badgers14: 4:09pm On Feb 25, 2017
hardbody:

They are ignorant. I don't exchange words with anyone in such a traffic situation. My insurer pays the claims. I only notify them, send pictures of the damage and get their consent to fix. I get my claims cheque in 3 days. But it has to be a reputable insurer not some of these funny ones.

It could also be they hold third party cover and the other party does not believe that he will be sorted out.

My thoughts.

Forgive me Sir/Madam. But do you live in Nigeria

Not to sound funny though but this is the first time I have heard someone talking of filing insurance claim in Nigeria. You must live in Abuja or Lagos?
Re: Tanker Crushes A Man's Car From Behind (Photos) by Badgers14: 4:14pm On Feb 25, 2017
Emeskhalifa:

Why

Insurance always pays.. The lawyers will get money from the insurance company. They usually get 1/3 of the money so it's a win win for them.
Re: Tanker Crushes A Man's Car From Behind (Photos) by assana: 4:21pm On Feb 25, 2017
uncleabbey:
So unfortunate, these things ought to have their own routes or should move only at night. Another victim of Government negligence
you dey more mind them, instead of them to put a law to stop all this blood sucking trailers,they won't na to dey stop Danfo buses dem dey after undecided
uncleabbey:
So unfortunate, these things ought to have their own routes or should move only at night. Another victim of Government negligence
you dey more mind them, instead of them to put a law to stop all this blood sucking trailers,they won't na to dey stop Danfo buses dem dey after

1 Like

Re: Tanker Crushes A Man's Car From Behind (Photos) by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:17pm On Feb 25, 2017
Badgers14:

Insurance always pays.. The lawyers will get money from the insurance company. They usually get 1/3 of the money so it's a win win for them.
Wow thanks for the info.
Re: Tanker Crushes A Man's Car From Behind (Photos) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 25, 2017
Nne5:
chai.

Oga at least you were not hurt.Be greatful for that.
Nobody says he is not.Can you help with getting him compensated or not?
Re: Tanker Crushes A Man's Car From Behind (Photos) by hardbody: 8:13am On Feb 26, 2017
Badgers14:

Forgive me Sir/Madam. But do you live in Nigeria

Not to sound funny though but this is the first time I have heard someone talking of filing insurance claim in Nigeria. You must live in Abuja or Lagos?

Simple example. 3 years ago my elder bro was getting married and i travelled with 2 vehicles, one suv and an avensis. My cousin took the SUV in and out of the villa, sedans for me are faster plus he carried loads and a few relations, i needed to travel light aLongside other personal mischiefs wink. While he was returning back to Lagos, he called to say some guy hit him from behind and he actually went ahead to hit another vehicle in front. All parties agreed to carry their cost. When I got back to Lagos, i informed my insurer of the accident, sent pictures, got a mechanic to provide price quotation. The insurer using their own mechanics tried to negotiate the costs, we came to an agreement, money was paid to me and the car was fixed. It is still in my house as I type on top of my bed. I also had the option of allowing them to tow the car away for fixing.

Bro, insurance works if you insure with the right ones besides your premium payment must be up to date. What happens is that people stop paying premiums and then rely on past years premium payments to ask for reprieve. It doesn't work that way.
Re: Tanker Crushes A Man's Car From Behind (Photos) by Badgers14: 11:24am On Feb 26, 2017
hardbody:

Simple example. 3 years ago my elder bro was getting married and i travelled with 2 vehicles, one suv and an avensis. My cousin took the SUV in and out of the villa, sedans for me are faster plus he carried loads and a few relations, i needed to travel light aLongside other personal mischiefs wink. While he was returning back to Lagos, he called to say some guy hit him from behind and he actually went ahead to hit another vehicle in front. All parties agreed to carry their cost. When I got back to Lagos, i informed my insurer of the accident, sent pictures, got a mechanic to provide price quotation. The insurer using their own mechanics tried to negotiate the costs, we came to an agreement, money was paid to me and the car was fixed. It is still in my house as I type on top of my bed. I also had the option of allowing them to tow the car away for fixing.

Bro, insurance works if you insure with the right ones besides your premium payment must be up to date. What happens is that people stop paying premiums and then rely on past years premium payments to ask for reprieve. It doesn't work that way.

That's really nice.

What insurance company do you use.

Also do you mind sharing how much you pay for your premium?
Re: Tanker Crushes A Man's Car From Behind (Photos) by hardbody: 11:38am On Feb 26, 2017
Badgers14:

That's really nice.

What insurance company do you use.

Also do you mind sharing how much you pay for your premium?

I used Cornerstone before but now insure with AIICO.

Premium is about 3 % of the cost of vehicle and with AIICO i can spread the payment quarterly. I understand AXA mansard is also very professional
Re: Tanker Crushes A Man's Car From Behind (Photos) by Badgers14: 11:41am On Feb 26, 2017
hardbody:

I used Cornerstone before but now insure with AIICO.

Premium is about 3 % of the cost of vehicle and with AIICO i can spread the payment quarterly. I understand AXA mansard is also very professional

Allow me to bother you again but how is the cost of the vehicle calculated? How much you bought the car or how much it is worth? In the U.S they use Kelley blue book.

Also the 3% premium is it for how many years?
Re: Tanker Crushes A Man's Car From Behind (Photos) by hardbody: 11:48am On Feb 26, 2017
Badgers14:

Allow me to bother you again but how is the cost of the vehicle calculated? How much you bought the car or how much it is worth? In the U.S they use Kelley blue book.

Also the 3% premium is it for how many years?

Primarily it's the cost of the car. If you want to insure for higher or lower, it's up to you. Insurance cover is yearly, to the best of my knowledge. When you seek quarterly premium payment, then it's the 3% of the cost of the car ÷ by 4 quarters.

You can talk to an insurance person for further clarifications

Of course third party insurance is flat at N5k per annum. I was discussing comprehensive
Re: Tanker Crushes A Man's Car From Behind (Photos) by Badgers14: 12:51pm On Feb 26, 2017
hardbody:

Primarily it's the cost of the car. If you want to insure for higher or lower, it's up to you. Insurance cover is yearly, to the best of my knowledge. When you seek quarterly premium payment, then it's the 3% of the cost of the car ÷ by 4 quarters.

You can talk to an insurance person for further clarifications

Of course third party insurance is flat at N5k per annum. I was discussing comprehensive

Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions.

I learnt alot, I hope other people will learn as well.

Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay / A Nairalander First Time On Plane And First Time In Delta / Heavy Floods In Lokoja Displace Hundreds Of People, Submerge Houses (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.