Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,319 members, 7,826,275 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

3 Questions To Ask Before You Enter A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 3 Questions To Ask Before You Enter A Relationship (712 Views)

When You Enter A Woman / 7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Chasing A Girl For Over 12 Months (Pics) / 10 Deep Questions To Ask If You Really Want To Get To Know Someone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Questions To Ask Before You Enter A Relationship by Onyemadonald(m): 4:44pm On Feb 25, 2017
By Onyema Donald:
Everyday on social media, we hear and read about marriage and relationship breakup, the following are 3 questions we need to ask ourselves before committing to a relationship.

1. “Do I Like Her/Him, Or Do I Like Having A Girlfriend/Boyfriend?”

This question comes up more than you might think. There are times in everyone’s life where we feel lost and lonely. The fact that somebody, anyone is showing interest in us can be intoxicating. We want to cling to that feeling – and the validation it gives us – with both hands. Other times it’s simply a matter of being in love with love. We love that feeling of
limerence and all the excitement of falling for somebody new and find ourselves losing interest once that initial rush fades away. Still other times, it’s a matter of identity; we desperately want to be someone who dates and has a hot girlfriend and enjoy the transitive property of cool.

2. “Would I Still Like Her/Her If Sex Wasn’t On The Table?”

Trying to sort out whether or not you like this person in particular can be tricky when you’re still in those early days of the relationship because getting laid on the regular can cover up any number of sins. the mere possibility of sex was enough to keep me involved. I mean, women had boobs and some of them would let me touch them and maybe there’d be more and if you thought I was going to throw away my shot then you were out of your goddamn mind. You really can’t underestimate what boobs can do to your brain when you’re young and Hot. Later on, I stayed in a relationship far longer than I should have because the fact that I was having s*x was amazing . However, if you’d sat me down and asked me if I actually liked these women… I don’t think I could honestly say “yes”. I liked the fact that someone was willing to touch my d*ck/pu**y or that I could touch them in interesting places. But could I have a conversation with them? Did I ever feel relaxed with them? Was there ever a point where we were hanging out where I wasn’t angling for sex?
Of course, sometimes that desire to bang someone can coincide with other issues. If you’ve spent a lot of time trying to get somebody into bed , you may well find yourself hanging on longer than you should. Why? Because you’ve invested all that time and you don’t want it to have “gone to waste”. No, it doesn’t make logical sense… but when your reptile brain gets involved, logic doesn’t count for much.

3. “Where Do I See This Relationship Going?”

This is a big one. This is the question that tends to sink a lot of couples because someone didn’t think to ask themselves this in the beginning. Before you start getting serious with someone, you should have at least a general idea of where you want this relationship to go… and if it can even get there.
Now I don’t mean that you have to go into every relationship with a map and destination in mind. There’s nothing saying that you can’t enter into something committed with somebody just because you really like them. There’s a lot to be said for taking a “let’s see where this goes” mentality when you date. But if you have an end-goal that you’re striving toward – whether it’s marriage, kids or just someone to grow old with – you’d better make sure you and your partner are on the same page early on. The last thing you want is to stumble upon a critical disagreement when you’re several years in. After all: you can compromise on, say, moving in together or getting a pet. You can’t compromise on having a child; it’s pretty damn binary. And if you’re determined to be child-free for life… well, your partner better know that. Like, now .
Similarly, if your goal is to get married and settle down, you may well need to put “wife material” first in your “must-haves”. It’s something you need to be clear on well before you get serious. It’s one thing to date casually. It’s another to have a long-term relationship with someone that you know you can’t or won’t marry. That’s unbelievably unfair to your partner, and cruel besides. Staying with someone in a relationship that you know ultimately can’t work is not only leading them on, but steals time from them. Time that they could be spending with someone who’s on the same track they are.

http://onyemadonald..in/2017/02/3-questions-to-ask-before-you-enter.html

1 Like

Re: 3 Questions To Ask Before You Enter A Relationship by Jglad(f): 4:52pm On Feb 25, 2017
Hmmmm... Ok
Re: 3 Questions To Ask Before You Enter A Relationship by BiafranBushBoy: 4:53pm On Feb 25, 2017
I think the first question should be "Will it make me a better person?"

Financially?

Emotionally?

Mentally?

and above all Spiritually

Ermm.. let me give way for the critics to take over wink
Re: 3 Questions To Ask Before You Enter A Relationship by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 25, 2017
Asking questions is different from getting right answers we base our decisions on. Questioning oneself can be a very great task, it's like searching for light in darkness. smiley

1 Like

Re: 3 Questions To Ask Before You Enter A Relationship by dingbang(m): 4:56pm On Feb 25, 2017
Will it make me a better person financially? Nope..

Emotionally? Nope

Mentally... Nope

Spiritually? Nope...
Re: 3 Questions To Ask Before You Enter A Relationship by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 25, 2017
LadyAngelica:
Asking questions is different from getting right answers we base our decisions on. Questioning oneself can be a very great task, it's like searching for light in darkness. smiley
You speak proverbially...

I like it...

Meanwhile, the only question to ask is " can I marry him/her"..

If you can't marry someone, I see no reason why you be in a relationship with him/her

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Questions To Ask Before You Enter A Relationship by QueenSuccubus(f): 5:00pm On Feb 25, 2017
grin

My answers to Op's kweshun...

1. It depends..

2. It depends again..

3. Probably in the bin...

I'm juz so allergic to all the DRAMA & BS.. angry
Re: 3 Questions To Ask Before You Enter A Relationship by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 25, 2017
TheSlyone2:

You speak proverbially...

I like it...

Meanwhile, the only question to ask is " can I marry him/her"..

If you can't marry someone, I see no reason why you be in a relationship with him/her
True.
Although that question will be asked and answered rightly by the one who has a deep understanding and knowledge of marriage. Some people mix up wedding and marriage.

You have a nice profile, I like it ! smiley
Re: 3 Questions To Ask Before You Enter A Relationship by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 25, 2017
LadyAngelica:
True.
Although that question will be asked and answered rightly by the one who has a deep understanding and knowledge of marriage. Some people mix up wedding and marriage.

You have a nice profile, I like it ! smiley
Thanks
Re: 3 Questions To Ask Before You Enter A Relationship by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 25, 2017
Op those are the 3 wrong questions !!!!

Do u know back in the day our parents didn't even know each other not to talk of love but they grow to love each other and thats why most old school marriages last undecided

If those are the main questions you ask then ... smh

Totally irrelevant somethimes going into a relationship is a risk you don't know the outcome .. you can still ask those dumb questions and yet relationship wont last ..
Infact I can't even....

(1) (Reply)

Who Is More Foolish? / GUYS GET IN:10 Signs To Know If A Girl Is In Love With You. / We All Have That One Friend With Superpowers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.