Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings (2419 Views)

Police IG Idris Unable To Read His Speech In Kano (Embarrassing Video) / Senators React As Police IG Idris Snubs Senate Invitation Again / Saraki: Police IG Idris Disobeying Senate Not New… He Did To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by metroparrot: 8:02pm On Feb 25, 2017
Days after Acting President Yemi Osinbajo summoned the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris to Aso Rock over the violence in Southern Kaduna area, a total deployment of 15, 285 policemen are now being put in place by the Nigeria Police Force.

According to reports, Osinbajo met with Inspector-General Ibrahim Idris towards the end of the week after the recent resurgence of violence in the area.

One presidency source said the acting president asked why despite the security measures put in place and with the level of attention given to the area, the recent resurgence of violence resulting in the deaths of 21 persons still occurred.

“Acting President Yemi Osinbajo summoned the IGP to the Presidential Villa to find out what the police was doing to arrest the situation and to also issue further directives on restoring law and order to the affected communities,” a source told Premium Times.

“The immediate outcome of the IGP’s meeting with the Acting President was the intensification and adoption of a set of additional security measures that would help contain the situation.

“Besides, deploying over 15000 cops to the area, eighteen Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs) and a unit of Belarus-trained police Special Forces, the police high command has now concluded arrangements for the establishment of a new Police Squadron in Kafanchan, Kaduna, as part of broad measures adopted to curb the violence.

“The police, in addition, have now increased helicopter surveillance in the entire area to prevent a recurrence of violence in the communities.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/02/osinbajo-orders-police-ig-idris-to-stop.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by HungerBAD: 8:04pm On Feb 25, 2017
Good

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by FastShipping: 8:05pm On Feb 25, 2017
Very good. This is the way to act.

I don't know why those people hate each other so much in the same state and speak same language. They've always hated each other for decades. Hopefully, Osinbajo can find lasting solution to the problem.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by CplusJason: 8:08pm On Feb 25, 2017
Buhari and El-rufai will not be happy. grin

Osunbande is far better than buhari the mistake. cool

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by DozieInc(m): 8:12pm On Feb 25, 2017
Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by zionmade(m): 8:12pm On Feb 25, 2017
Very good. Please who has buhari phone no i want to tell him not to come back oooo

11 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by Rtopzy(f): 8:14pm On Feb 25, 2017
Good one
Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by shukuokukobambi: 8:22pm On Feb 25, 2017
This is a very positive step.

Enough of these cruel acts angry
Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by doctokwus: 8:30pm On Feb 25, 2017
This is the real body language,not that charade by d cattle rearer.
By merely taking direct interest and giving prompt directives on critical happenings in d country,a president puts everyone on alert,on their toes and gets results!Even if d killings dont completely stop,d security agencies with d acting Presidents involvement wud drastically curtail it because they know heads will roll otherwise.
One of my greatest disappointments with PMb,amongts several others and that made me conclude he may afterall not be competent for d job was when d Shiites killings took place.About 1000 NIGERIANS killed by FEDERAL troops and the president of a country said he was waiting for the state goverment to carry out investigations!!
That was bullshit on another level!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by pbethel: 8:43pm On Feb 25, 2017
God bless u sir
Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by princemillla(m): 8:54pm On Feb 25, 2017
May the blessing of God start to shine on this country called 9ja(atleast we've been warned to restrain from using nija but we can use 9ja abi)

Buhari will be forced to resign if he comes and see osunbade (as widely called by our igbo Bros) achievement.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by FastShipping: 8:55pm On Feb 25, 2017
doctokwus:
By merely taking direct interest and giving prompt directives on critical happenings in d country,a president puts everyone on alert,on their toes and gets results!Even if d killings dont completely stop,d security agencies with d acting Presidents involvement wud drastically curtail it because they know heads will roll otherwise.
One of my greatest disappointments with PMb,amongts several others and that made me conclude he may afterall not be competent for d job was when d Shiites killings took place.About 1000 NIGERIANS killed by FEDERAL troops and the president of a country said he was waiting for the state goverment to carry out investigations!!

God bless you. I totally agree with you.

Buhari has been a failure. First sign was being indifferent about Saraki becoming senate president. Second was calling potential ministers "noise makers" with nothing much to offer and that alone compounded the recession we face today. Third with 100s of Shiites killed and no one was questioned. Fourth is the way and manner his family members including his son in-law and his friends can go to CBN any time to buy dollars at subsidized rate. Sixth is his lopsided appointment favoring one section of the country. Seventh was the delay in appointment of Onoghen. Eight is the killing of people in southern Kaduna without anything being done. Don't you think if Christians were the ones with upper hands against Muslims in Southern Kaduna, Buhari wouldn't have done something to stop it?

Buhari is a complete failure and hypocrite. The man just wanted to be president to fulfil his long help ambition and not ready to do the work of a president. Buhari only thinks blaming Jonathan is a form of defense for his ineptitude.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by SalamRushdie: 8:58pm On Feb 25, 2017
If Buhari's is allowed to preside over any FEC meeting again I will tear my Nigerian passport like Wole Soyinka

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by SalamRushdie: 8:59pm On Feb 25, 2017
doctokwus:

Buhari is a monumental fraud

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by kollynxofodile(m): 8:51am On Feb 26, 2017
Now this is a man with purpose

Is it just me or what? Have any1 noticed d Silence of this muderous association known as miyetti Allah since Buhari went on vacation?

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by AntiWailer: 8:54am On Feb 26, 2017
doctokwus:

I endorse your post. You are very correct .
Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 26, 2017
Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by naijaboy756: 9:01am On Feb 26, 2017
AntiWailer:

I endorse your post. You are very correct .
no endorse anything.
People like u were busy ranting sai barrber up and now.

Now nature wants to delete sai barber from the Nigerian leadership scene, u want to endorse...

keep sai barbering o

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by Curlieweed: 9:26am On Feb 26, 2017
FastShipping:

Buhari has been a failure. First sign was being indifferent about Saraki becoming senate president. Second was calling potential ministers "noise makers" with nothing much to offer and that alone compounded the recession we face today. Third with 100s of Shiites killed and no one was questioned. Fourth is the way and manner his family members including his son in-law and his friends can go to CBN any time to buy dollars at subsidized rate. Sixth is his lopsided appointment favoring one section of the country. Seventh was the delay in appointment of Onoghen. Eight is the killing of people in southern Kaduna without anything being done. Don't you think if Christians were the ones with upper hands against Muslims in Southern Kaduna, Buhari wouldn't have done something to stop it?

Buhari is a complete failure and hypocrite. The man just wanted to be president to fulfil his long help ambition and not ready to do the work of a president. Buhari only thinks blaming Jonathan is a form of defense for his ineptitude.
Et tu, Brute?

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by ufuosman(m): 9:37am On Feb 26, 2017
zionmade:
Very good.
Please who has buhari phone no i want to tell him not to come back oooo
he just called me na
Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by AntiWailer: 9:41am On Feb 26, 2017
naijaboy756:
no endorse anything.
People like u were busy ranting sai barrber up and now.

Now nature wants to delete sai barber from the Nigerian leadership scene, u want to endorse...

keep sai barbering o

What would have been ur option during election ?

Allow PDP continue the 16 years of rape ?

I am still trying to understand what most of you meant.

And for the records I dnt Sai Baba. I use common sense .

When it is time to scold or criticize the Govt I do.
Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by ajepako(f): 9:42am On Feb 26, 2017
Honestly... Osinbajo is redeeming this administration, albeit slightly..

Sir, please ensure all perpetrators are arrested , prosecuted and brought to book with no care for religious, ethnic, social or political affiliation..

Do this and you will write your name in gold sir..

And please Baba Bubu..... Don't come back as president if you are truly patriotic as your zombies claim...

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by Lanretoye(m): 9:45am On Feb 26, 2017
I'm falling in love with a mere commissioner ...I can't wait to hear how much a dollar will be against naira by next friday.
Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by naijaboy756: 9:52am On Feb 26, 2017
AntiWailer:

I get very angry when folks talk about 16 years of PDP rule....

Is Nigeria 16 years old? Imagine that Obasanjo took over and spent 2 years blaming IBB,ABDULSALAM,BUHARI,SHONEKAN etc...Those who actually did the main stealing.

Are you yet to understand that almost 40% or more of the saints party APC members were part of the 16 years of PDP rule?

Analytically, APC has spent 1/8th of the time PDP used to 'rape' Nigeria.. Ask yourself who has truly raped Nigeria..

PDP's legacies are everywhere.... New Universities,Abuja and Uyo stadia, roads,Largest economy in Africa just to mention but a few. I am not saying they were perfect but they are champions compared to what Buhari's APC has done in the last 2 years... That is not just rape but rape and murder...

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by JohnsonOlanre: 9:56am On Feb 26, 2017
FastShipping:

So it's no longer 'Only 5%er wailers oppose our great buhari'. grin

yorubas...SMH

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by naijaboy756: 10:00am On Feb 26, 2017
JohnsonOlanre:

So it's no longer 'Only 5%er wailers oppose our great buhari'. grin

yorubas...SMH
choose between them and a Camelion grin

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by JohnsonOlanre: 10:06am On Feb 26, 2017
naijaboy756:
choose between them and a Camelion grin

Even a Chameleon has better integrity. grin

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by AntiWailer: 10:08am On Feb 26, 2017
naijaboy756:
I get very angry when folks talk about 16 years of PDP rule....

Is Nigeria 16 years old? Imagine that Obasanjo took over and spent 2 years blaming IBB,ABDULSALAM,BUHARI,SHONEKAN etc...Those who actually did the main stealing.

Are you yet to understand that almost 40% or more of the saints party APC members were part of the 16 years of PDP rule?

Analytically, APC has spent 1/8th of the time PDP used to 'rape' Nigeria.. Ask yourself who has truly raped Nigeria..

PDP's legacies are everywhere.... New Universities,Abuja and Uyo stadia, roads,Largest economy in Africa just to mention but a few. I am not saying they were perfect but they are champions compared to what Buhari's APC has done in the last 2 years... That is not just rape but rape and murder...

Yes we saw the legacies in millions of dollars of cash trapped in buildings.

It is a lasting legacy.
Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by adadike281(f): 10:21am On Feb 26, 2017
The main sheriff is in town while the sheriffat is in london
Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by ZombieKilla: 10:52am On Feb 26, 2017
AntiWailer:

Are u aware that 80% of the saints in APC today were in PDP yesterday
Enough of this blame games
The APC should do wat they are elected to do and that is fulfil all campaign promises

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by ZombieKilla: 10:56am On Feb 26, 2017
It was God who sent Buhari to London
because he has heard the cries of the people
And woe to any man who prays for the plague to come back to Nigeria ....

Woe to any man

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Orders Police IG, Idris To Stop Southern Kaduna Killings by naijaboy756: 11:55am On Feb 26, 2017
AntiWailer:

Yes we saw the legacies in millions of dollars of cash trapped in buildings.

It is a lasting legacy.
Ask Thievenubu and also the current grass cutter or the saint that offered 500k instead of presenting an A4 result

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Biafra Goes Away , I Will Be The First To Apply For Their Visa, kano Chief / The Reason Why Nigeria Is A Zoo. / IPOB Press Release: Judge Runs Away After Proscribing IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.