Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:14 AM

Buhari Is Not Coming Back..., - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is Not Coming Back..., (1889 Views)

Buhari Not Coming Back, Stand In The Way Of Biafra & Be Destroyed - Nnamdi Kanu / "Buhari Attends Mosque In London, But Very Ill, Not Coming Home Soon" - Guardian / Buhari Is Not Coming Back By Toyin Dawodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is Not Coming Back..., by oyindare(m): 11:12am On Feb 26, 2017
Buhari may not be dead, but he might as well be - too sick to rule, too greedy to leave.

Do I wish Buhari dead? Hell no! I wish him well. But as the president of Nigeria, he needs to either serve in his full capacity as president, or immediately resign. There is no third option here, at least not one that benefits Nigerians.

For weeks, Buhari’s administration has been reporting that he is healthy, that he is simply on an extended trip to London for medical tests. He has been away for weeks, and his administration is unwilling or unable to tell Nigerians if or when their president will return, according to the LA Times.

So, what we know for sure is even if Buhari is not sick - which is improbable, considering his appearance of late - and he is just more comfortable spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on his current medical tour instead of getting these “medical tests” done at the State House Clinic Abuja, the fact remains he so preoccupied with his health that he is unable to lead his country. And Nigeria does not seem to have another leader poised to take his place.

I agree with Okey Ndibe that Buhari should step down.

Unlike most of Buhari’s detractors, I do not have a self-serving agenda. My agenda is to see Nigerians prosper in Nigeria. But Nigerians remain in chains, enslaved by their inability to see beyond their greedy noses.

I speculate Buhari is suffering from either a kidney failure or pancreatic cancer, but even if Buhari comes back home, we all know his policies of the last two years have left the country almost completely stagnate. Try as we might to put our faith in him, Buhari has brought Nigeria no closer to self-sufficiency.

If you remember, I campaigned for Buhari. I wanted him to help halt the abyss to which Nigeria was descending during the time of Jonathan’s presidency, as referenced in my article Nigeria’s Rise to the Bottom.

In another one of my articles, I stated that Nigeria is Not a Country but a conspiracy of the elites. My sincere hope was that Buhari would mark the start of a new paradigm of leadership for Nigeria.

That has not been the case.

I am not naive in thinking any world leader would panic his or her constituents by announcing a major illness then admitting there is no cure for the illness, nor a plan in place to ensure the stability of the country going forward. World leaders don’t do that. Hell, C-level executives don’t even do that.

I think what we all feel is the sense of unease that manifests when you know something’s wrong and no one will tell you what it is. It’s the same unease Americans felt when William Henry Harrison died in office. It’s the same unease experienced by Ethiopians when Prime Minister Meles Zenawi died in office. It’s the same unease the whole world felt when North Korean dictator Kim Jong Il died and we realized we were stuck with his sons.

The saga of Yar'adua comes to mind. Not quite seven years ago, we had another Nigerian President lying comatose in another country. The cabals lied to the nation for several months until they could no longer lie.

This may be history repeating itself.

By the time this post goes live, Buhari may be dead or Buhari may be back in Nigeria. But I question whether he will ever regain enough strength to lead in the proper capacity as president. How can he have a broken body and a distracted mind and retain the strength and focus to lead Nigeria out of social, political, and economic turmoil?

I am hedging my bets. The cabals know the answer. The conspirators know the answer. But they will continue to lie and keep Nigerians guessing so they can milk the system for as long as possible.

Therefore, I say to all Nigerians, let us pray the Lord see fit to restore President Buhari’s health, and that he has the opportunity to enjoy the rest of his years in peace with his family beside him.

And let us pray that Nigerians would wake up, and rise up. Long live Nigeria.

--

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back..., by Pointblank09(m): 11:14am On Feb 26, 2017
Ko le wek
Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back..., by dingbang(m): 11:15am On Feb 26, 2017
Pope Benedict renounced his office due to health reasons... I wonder why Buhari is just too greedy to do same...

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back..., by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 26, 2017
Don't Start wat you can't Finish....
Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back..., by oyindare(m): 11:17am On Feb 26, 2017
Am not understanding ooo...
Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back..., by oyindare(m): 11:19am On Feb 26, 2017
WfBabakhay:
Don't Start wat you can't Finish....
oga which is

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back..., by eshietIntrepid(m): 11:36am On Feb 26, 2017
Is not coming back 2019 or 2023

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back..., by jaymejate: 11:42am On Feb 26, 2017
Modified
Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back..., by MrWhaley: 11:46am On Feb 26, 2017
Let him just stay there till 2019. Osinbajo is already doing a good work.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back..., by TPAND(f): 12:06pm On Feb 26, 2017
I led a prayer session today asking God to take the hardship called Buhari away from Nigeria.

Be rest assured he will never come back

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back..., by Iamwrath: 12:43pm On Feb 26, 2017
Please go back to yaba left
Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back..., by Mathemagician1(m): 1:03pm On Feb 26, 2017
TPAND:
I led a prayer session today asking God to take the hardship called Buhari away from Nigeria.

Be rest assured he will never come back

MrWhaley:
Let him just stay there till 2019. Osinbajo is already doing a good work.

dingbang:
Pope Benedict renounced his office due to health reasons... I wonder why Buhari is just too greedy to do same...

Pointblank09:
Ko le wek

Surprisingly, both the OP and all others that I quoted are Yorubas. Why do you guys want Buhari dead so badly?

No more love for "Sai barber"? This is becoming worrisome. You planning to betray your ally in the North who trusted you with the mantle of power only temporarily. Wow!!

Unbelievable.
Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back..., by oyindare(m): 3:56pm On Feb 26, 2017
Iamwrath:
Please go back to yaba left
to go and see ur people abi

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back..., by Odingo1: 4:29pm On Feb 26, 2017
Mathemagician1:

Surprisingly, both the OP and all others that I quoted are Yorubas. Why do you guys want Buhari dead so badly?

No more love for "Sai barber"? This is becoming worrisome. You planning to betray your ally in the North who trusted you with the mantle of power only temporarily. Wow!!

Unbelievable.
It very sad that yorubas can be like this,no royalty atoll,greedy quest for power for only their benefit.
We shall see how it will end.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back..., by obaloppelujo(m): 4:36pm On Feb 26, 2017
And if he comes back , you'll flee in your head warmer ? And if he dosen't , you'll become the councillor of your local government ? mtcheeeeeeew.
Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back..., by oyindare(m): 7:30pm On Feb 26, 2017
obaloppelujo:
And if he comes back , you'll flee in your head warmer ? And if he dosen't , you'll become the councillor of your local government ? mtcheeeeeeew.
lol...guy u need learn how to read oooo

Re: Buhari Is Not Coming Back..., by oyindare(m): 7:34pm On Feb 26, 2017
Mathemagician1:

Unbelievable.
guy are u for realso becos my username is Oyindare that one don b say I b Yoruba abiyou better go back to school

(1) (Reply)

Just In: Police Issue Warrant Of Arrest For Sowore, Sahara Reporters Publisher / This Photo Of Senators Dino Melaye & Demola Adeleke Is Meme Worthy / Nigeria Is A Fraud!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.