Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) (25894 Views)

AMVCA 2017: Full Winners List / Oscars 2017 Live – Oscars Awards 2017 / Oscars 2017: Oscars 2017: 2 Black Screenwriters Earn Oscar Noms For First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by sleepyeyez(m): 2:38pm On Feb 27, 2017
rose54321:
Was shocked when i saw Suicide Squad won an award,
but when i checked the category "Make up", i was relieved.

grin

1 Like

Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 27, 2017
Ahmed0336:
Since my man denzel Washington no win feeling same as Grammy just as dem rob Beyonce take give Adele for Album of the year. angry
but Adele no bad o
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by majour(m): 4:23pm On Feb 27, 2017
cao:

High and mighty or not, CACW was a better film. Do you know what DCEU's problem is? They are trying to rush to reach the MCU's level, remember Marvel had years to grow, the characters had their origin films before the big team up film. Nobody expected a shared universe to work, but it did, now everybody is trying to start their own. If DC/WB can put as much effort as they do their animated film franchise, seriously if they could put a fraction of that effort in, they'd do wonders.
DC/WB issue is the script not the rushed time, Guardian of the galaxy was a success without any origin story because the script was good, Zack had too.much to work with in such a small time frame, if Uve seen the extended cut for BVS, you'll get my point.

We need a good story, told and delivered so well, man of steel was awesome, Zack did amazingly well with WATCHMEN my favorite all time superhero movie, with Geoff jons in the universe now am confident. So it will be better, I know it will, u didn't answer my question on ur location
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by majour(m): 4:25pm On Feb 27, 2017
sleepyeyez:

i just dont wanna get my hopes up, cos honestly the wonder woman trailer is mind-blowing.
but dawn of justice got me depressed.
the suicide squad movie also put me in a near comatose state when it was released after id raved about the trailer for months. yet the squad movie can now be described as an academy award movie after all the embarassing awards it nabbed at the razzies. why is life so unfair?

yep. am in lagos, bro
Lols, let us stand by our loved brand, I grew up with DC, loving superman and what he stood for, I have faith in this universe, it will get better

I just sent u a mail
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by Audrinakane(f): 4:25pm On Feb 27, 2017
Ahmed0336:
Since my man denzel Washington no win feeling same as Grammy just as dem rob Beyonce take give Adele for Album of the year. angry

Different strokes for different folks but then I felt Adele's last album was better. So many great songs there but for me, I only think 2 songs from lemonade made sense and that was formation and daddy lessons. The album for me was overhyped. I think Adele deserved it

1 Like

Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by djkirkoo2(m): 4:37pm On Feb 27, 2017
Ahmed0336:
You sure say you know music?
In fact how do u rate music?

1 Like

Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by Kaycee7(m): 5:46pm On Feb 27, 2017
majour:
DC/WB issue is the script not the rushed time, Guardian of the galaxy was a success without any origin story because the script was good, Zack had too.much to work with in such a small time frame, if Uve seen the extended cut for BVS, you'll get my point.

We need a good story, told and delivered so well, man of steel was awesome, Zack did amazingly well with WATCHMEN my favorite all time superhero movie, with Geoff jons in the universe now am confident. So it will be better, I know it will, u didn't answer my question on ur location
Guardians of the Galaxy is an origin story.
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by davidif: 6:24pm On Feb 27, 2017
Wow! What an ending. So cringeworthy.
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by cao(f): 6:59pm On Feb 27, 2017
majour:

You're confusing the film time with actual time. DC/WB tried to do a lot of the world building for the DCEU in BvS. MCU did all the world building in the individual films. See the exposition email scene for the JL in the BvS. The AU Darkseid scene (AKA nightmare scene) that confused a lot of folks, even though I actually knew what the scene was about, I was angry for those who only knew about MoS.

I've watched the extended version, the director failed his own film by not editing it correctly. If they had simply released the 3 hour version or edited better, it won't have been as confusing as it was. I kept wondering what hell happened to all those bullets during the original cut. I remember watching it in Naij (was on hols) & the guy next to me kept going "tell him already" during the beginning of Batman v Superman showdown. I remember joking to my sister that if they were women they would have spoken ages ago. I even remember vividly calling them both d**ks on several instances sef. Don't even get me started on the Martha foreshadowing and the odd use of slo-mo in some scenes. Zach is a good visual director, not always a very good story teller.

My location is simple, it says so on my profile. I'm not in Lagos.
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by majour(m): 7:48pm On Feb 27, 2017
Kaycee7:
Guardians of the Galaxy is an origin story.
No its not, its a team up movie for different outlaws, we never found out anything about drax life before he met the team or what gomora has bin up to, how she got to be who she is and all that, that is the job of origin story.

Suicide squad was banking on that type of success, with a poorly written script
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by Ahmed0336(m): 7:49pm On Feb 27, 2017
Audrinakane:

Different strokes for different folks but then I felt Adele's last album was better. So many great songs there but for me, I only think 2 songs from lemonade made sense and that was formation and daddy lessons. The album for me was overhyped. I think Adele deserved it
i do think this was about race... there are racial issue in the oscar for sure. All the actors were phenomenal. They all deserved to win. I wished that Denzel would've won too cuz he's my fav actor, but I do think it has to do with cuz he's black .He did an amazing job in "Fences" and should've won. Whites winning lead role while blacks winning supporting role. Hell no
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by majour(m): 7:59pm On Feb 27, 2017
cao:

You're confusing the film time with actual time. DC/WB tried to do a lot of the world building for the DCEU in BvS. MCU did all the world building in the individual films. See the exposition email scene for the JL in the BvS. The AU Darkseid scene (AKA nightmare scene) that confused a lot of folks, even though I actually knew what the scene was about, I was angry for those who only knew about MoS.

I've watched the extended version, the director failed his own film by not editing it correctly. If they had simply released the 3 hour version or edited better, it won't have been as confusing as it was. I kept wondering what hell happened to all those bullets during the original cut. I remember watching it in Naij (was on hols) & the guy next to me kept going "tell him already" during the beginning of Batman v Superman showdown. I remember joking to my sister that if they were women they would have spoken ages ago. I even remember vividly calling them both d**ks on several instances sef. Don't even get me started on the Martha foreshadowing and the odd use of slo-mo in some scenes. Zach is a good visual director, not always a very good story teller.

My location is simple, it says so on my profile. I'm not in Lagos.
You've watched a lot of critics on YouTube I see, like angry Joe and his team of critics

Your point are valid and as I've said, the director wanted to cram so much into the movie, it wasnt the best movie, its a start, we pray they learn from their mistakes I believe that's why Geoff jons was brought in, he did great giving us one of the best DC comic/story my personal favorite being darkseid wars and darkest night, DC/WB can only get better.
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by cao(f): 8:08pm On Feb 27, 2017
majour:
You've watched a lot of critics on YouTube I see, like angry Joe and his team of critics

Your point are valid and as I've said, the director wanted to cram so much into the movie, it wasnt the best movie, its a start, we pray they learn from their mistakes I believe that's why Geoff jons was brought in, he did great giving us one of the best DC comic/story my personal favorite being darkseid wars and darkest night, DC/WB can only get better.

It amazing that am talking to a lady about this tho and I haven't check ur profile so forgive me, sent u an email
Excuse you, that's simply me watching Zach's films. A great example of his inability to tell a story is Sucker Punch - the story within the story within the mental institute. Great visuals, one confusing jumble of a story. If he had simply made a film using the "dance sequences", it would have been a rather competent action sci-fi-ish film. Instead of a film about a girl in a mental institute about to have a lobotomy, dreaming about her life in the said institute as a brothel/strip club, where all the dance sequences are dreamed up as action sci-fi set pieces.
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by Kaycee7(m): 8:16pm On Feb 27, 2017
majour:
No its not, its a team up movie for different outlaws, we never found out anything about drax life before he met the team or what gomora has bin up to, how she got to be who she is and all that, that is the job of origin story.

Suicide squad was banking on that type of success, with a poorly written script
Don't you know what an origin story is? The movie is an origin story of the team. It portrays how the Guardians of the Galaxy came to be. Fantastic Four is a similar case.
If you were paying attention, you would have heard when Drax talked about who he was and his family's slaughter. Gamora revealed that she was one of the survivors of an attack on her people and then adopted by Thanos. During Rocket's drunken outburst at Nowhere, he revealed that he was a lab experiment. I can't remember Groot's backstory. If you expect the movie to show all these, then I'm just speechless
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by Blonchilli(m): 8:40pm On Feb 27, 2017
sleepyeyez:

well said. infact its not just bout the category sef. most DC movies of late have been so appalingly bland
Exactly. DC needs to step up their game. They're far behind. I've read the comics and animation that Batman V Superman was adapted from and the movie sucks compared to the political undertone or climatic battle both had. The doomsday too was bad and they just added the death of superman to make it even worse
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by majour(m): 8:44pm On Feb 27, 2017
Kaycee7:
Don't you know what an origin story is? The movie is an origin story of the team. It portrays how the Guardians of the Galaxy came to be. Fantastic Four is a similar case.
If you were paying attention, you would have heard when Drax talked about who he was and his family's slaughter. Gamora revealed that she was one of the survivors of an attack on her people and then adopted by Thanos. During Rocket's drunken outburst at Nowhere, he revealed that he was a lab experiment. I can't remember Groot's backstory. If you expect the movie to show all these, then I'm just speechless
Lols, your funny, but I can relate to you sir, imagine if the avengers came out before the origin story of the team members, you will shake ur head and call it an origin story right, TEAMS are made up of individuals with different skills set and struggles, an insight on their life before they became a team is what is called origin. But I get ur point, GOTG origin was what was shown wink
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by majour(m): 8:50pm On Feb 27, 2017
cao:

Excuse you, that's simply me watching Zach's films. A great example of his inability to tell a story is Sucker Punch - the story within the story within the mental institute. Great visuals, one confusing jumble of a story. If he had simply made a film using the "dance sequences", it would have been a rather competent action sci-fi-ish film. Instead of a film about a girl in a mental institute about to have a lobotomy, dreaming about her life in the said institute as a brothel/strip club, where all the dance sequences are dreamed up as action sci-fi set pieces.
Am guessing your describing suicide squad, last time I checked Zack had nothing to do with that movie production, MIT be wrong tho, suicide squad wasn't executed properly, I agree to that, but u sounding so harsh, signs of a fan, I get that, let's see how wonder woman does, our complaining won't change anything, all we can do is be hopeful
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by Audrinakane(f): 10:06pm On Feb 27, 2017
Ahmed0336:
i do think this was about race... there are racial issue in the oscar for sure. All the actors were phenomenal. They all deserved to win. I wished that Denzel would've won too cuz he's my fav actor, but I do think it has to do with cuz he's black .He did an amazing job in "Fences" and should've won. Whites winning lead role while blacks winning supporting role. Hell no
I don't think it was me you wanted to quote cos I was talking about albums and not Oscars. But yea I kinda agree with you. Race is still an issue and for the last two years blacks were not nominated in the leading catergories and even in this one they didn't win but it applies to other races because even latina and Asians are still lacking. Oscar needs diversity a lot and the committee that chooses is full of white old men so it will take years for us to see diversity in the winning categories.
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by cao(f): 11:16pm On Feb 27, 2017
majour:
Am guessing your describing suicide squad, last time I checked Zack had nothing to do with that movie production, MIT be wrong tho, suicide squad wasn't executed properly, I agree to that, but u sounding so harsh, signs of a fan, I get that, let's see how wonder woman does, our complaining won't change anything, all we can do is be hopeful
Dude, I specifically said Sucker Punch. Didn't even talk about Suicide Squad.
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by majour(m): 11:46pm On Feb 27, 2017
cao:

Dude, I specifically said Sucker Punch. Didn't even talk about Suicide Squad.
Yeah I noticed late, DCEU has had 3 movies yet, starting from man of steel, am still hopeful for the universe and hoping true fans like u will too

I enjoyed BVS, flaws and all, it was beautiful to see a live adaptation of my heroes, it can only get better, I know this, suicide squad script was written in 6 weeks or so, it was rushed and it got the Oscar recognition it deserves, marvel didn't build their movies in one try.

I don't like the notion of people saying they are trying to catch up to marvel, their contents aren't same, we've had a solo superman movie, BVS was more of an introduction to the batman, wonder woman solo hits the cinema June, then a justice league movie by November, followed by aquaman, Shazam and the rest. How is that not accurate
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by cao(f): 11:53pm On Feb 27, 2017
majour:
Yeah I noticed late, DCEU has had 3 movies yet, starting from man of steel, am still hopeful for the universe and hoping true fans like u will too

I enjoyed BVS, flaws and all, it was beautiful to see a live adaptation of my heroes, it can only get better, I know this, suicide squad script was written in 6 weeks or so, it was rushed and it got the Oscar recognition it deserves, marvel didn't build their movies in one try.

I don't like the notion of people saying they are trying to catch up to marvel, their contents aren't same, we've had a solo superman movie, BVS was more of an introduction to the batman, wonder woman solo hits the cinema June, then a justice league movie by November, followed by aquaman, Shazam and the rest. How is that not accurate
Dude, they're playing catch up. SS got an Oscar for make up & styling, we've heard. Stop making it sound like it got a big Oscar award. We've had many Superman & Batman films. Superman & Batman have both been rebooted even. MCU is in Phase 3 with over 15 films, DCEU is still in phase 1, with 3 films. That is the very definition of catching up.

1 Like

Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by majour(m): 6:10am On Feb 28, 2017
cao:

Dude, they're playing catch up. SS got an Oscar for make up & styling, we've heard. Stop making it sound like it got a big Oscar award. We've had many Superman & Batman films. Superman & Batman have both been rebooted even. MCU is in Phase 3 with over 15 films, DCEU is still in phase 1, with 3 films. That is the very definition of catching up.
Lols, so your saying its a competition between the two companies, its not mam, it has never been, not yet and the Oscar thing is a big deal because DC/WB have a total of 4 Oscars won from creating superhero flicks like this, from batman trilogy to superman 78 and now this, they've made over 2 billion with just 3 movies, if ur not a fan, don't watch, you've got ur MCU, stick with that
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by Ahmed0336(m): 7:17am On Feb 28, 2017
Audrinakane:

I don't think it was me you wanted to quote cos I was talking about albums and not Oscars. But yea I kinda agree with you. Race is still an issue and for the last two years blacks were not nominated in the leading catergories and even in this one they didn't win but it applies to other races because even latina and Asians are still lacking. Oscar needs diversity a lot and the committee that chooses is full of white old men so it will take years for us to see diversity in the winning categories.
opps my bad blame sleep grin You right 100%
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by Ghost01(m): 7:44am On Feb 28, 2017
Audrinakane:

Given the chance meself, Adele would have my vote 10 out of 10 times. Very well deserved!
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by cupidhero(m): 7:59am On Feb 28, 2017
ephi123:
Hidden Figures was definitely worth watching - particularly Mahershala Ali's character, charming guy.
That should be Moonlight and not Hidden Figures. Hidden figure cast included Taraji P Henson,Octavia Spencer and the beautiful Janelle Monae.
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by cao(f): 8:19am On Feb 28, 2017
majour:
Lols, so your saying its a competition between the two companies, its not mam, it has never been, not yet and the Oscar thing is a big deal because DC/WB have a total of 4 Oscars won from creating superhero flicks like this, from batman trilogy to superman 78 and now this, they've made over 2 billion with just 3 movies, if ur not a fan, don't watch, you've got ur MCU, stick with that
Now who's reaching? The 4 Oscars are not from DCEU, only 1 is. MCU has made significantly more money - 4 films passed the billion dollar mark, a total of $10b. BvS failed to surpass Deadpool in America and only managed to finally surpass it worldwide (which is quite embarrassing, since Deadpool was rated R, wasn't released in China and was produced with a fraction of its budget. Now, I know it isn't MCU, but just making a point.) The Captain America trilogy surpases all the 3 films, also The Iron Man trilogy. BvS contained the DC trinity & didn't make the billion that was expected of it.
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by ephi123(f): 8:33am On Feb 28, 2017
cupidhero:

That should be Moonlight and not Hidden Figures. Hidden figure cast included Taraji P Henson,Octavia Spencer and the beautiful Janelle Monae.

Same guy Mahershala was the one who married Taraji Henson in HF. I've not watched Moonlight but I know he is also there.
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by cupidhero(m): 8:44am On Feb 28, 2017
ephi123:

Same guy Mahershala was the one who married Taraji Henson in HF. I've not watched Moonlight but I know he is also there.
True.
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by majour(m): 5:13pm On Feb 28, 2017
cao:

Now who's reaching? The 4 Oscars are not from DCEU, only 1 is. MCU has made significantly more money - 4 films passed the billion dollar mark, a total of $10b. BvS failed to surpass Deadpool in America and only managed to finally surpass it worldwide (which is quite embarrassing, since Deadpool was rated R, wasn't released in China and was produced with a fraction of its budget. Now, I know it isn't MCU, but just making a point.) The Captain America trilogy surpases all the 3 films, also The Iron Man trilogy. BvS contained the DC trinity & didn't make the billion that was expected of it.
now your reaching, the 3 movies released so far total more than 2 billion in profit, it may not have made as much as it was expected to, but it did succeed in the gran scheme of things, BVS isnt a prequel to man of steel, man of steel 2 is already schedule and again the 4 oscar is for DC/WB, its the same studiio, it doesnt matter if they reboot or not, when comparing feats from the comic, we have post crisis. pre crisis and the new 52, it has happened and are all valid, just because they rebooted doesnt make the oscar irrelevant.

the MCU has had about 8-9yrs to build their universe, catch up or not, DC will get there, so ill say again, we are not competing, we are going on our own pace, if u dont like the movies dont watch it, its quite simple, you've got thor ragnarot to look forward to, so goodluck
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by Kaycee7(m): 9:43am On Mar 02, 2017
majour:
now your reaching, the 3 movies released so far total more than 2 billion in profit, it may not have made as much as it was expected to, but it did succeed in the gran scheme of things, BVS isnt a prequel to man of steel, man of steel 2 is already schedule and again the 4 oscar is for DC/WB, its the same studiio, it doesnt matter if they reboot or not, when comparing feats from the comic, we have post crisis. pre crisis and the new 52, it has happened and are all valid, just because they rebooted doesnt make the oscar irrelevant.

the MCU has had about 8-9yrs to build their universe, catch up or not, DC will get there, so ill say again, we are not competing, we are going on our own pace, if u dont like the movies dont watch it, its quite simple, you've got thor ragnarot to look forward to, so goodluck man and you havent replied my email still
Actually, we have Thor : Ragnarok, Spiderman : Homecoming and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 to look forward to.
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by majour(m): 9:52am On Mar 02, 2017
Kaycee7:
Actually, we have Thor : Ragnarok, Spiderman : Homecoming and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 to look forward to.
I bet you didn't see Logan last week, it was amazing, the MCU has come that far, I enjoyed it a lot, all am saying is, people should give DC a chance to fail and make good of their failure not punish/curse on the production, marvel has two studios, that's two tank load of ideas, there isn't any DC studio, it all warner brothers production, give them a chance, but one thing is for sure, compared to visual quality, DC got the ball rolling on perfection
Re: The Oscars 2017: Full Winner's List (pics) by Kaycee7(m): 10:14am On Mar 02, 2017
majour:
I bet you didn't see Logan last week, it was amazing, the MCU has come that far, I enjoyed it a lot, all am saying is, people should give DC a chance to fail and make good of their failure not punish/curse on the production, marvel has two studios, that's two tank load of ideas, there isn't any DC studio, it all warner brothers production, give them a chance, but one thing is for sure, compared to visual quality, DC got the ball rolling on perfection
Logan is Fox, not MCU. Marvel has only one studio, Marvel Studios. Explain visual quality

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: Female Housemates Twerk For Male Housemate After Winning Their Task / Profile Of Kess, Bbnaija Season 7 Housemate / Del York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.