Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,191 members, 7,815,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria - Technology Market (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria (81222 Views)

iOS is rigid which android device is better more / Android TV Box (watch IPTV And Dstv Free). Mobile And TV Set / Super Neat Iphone 6 (16gb)wifi Only Or For Use As Ipod,45k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by iliyande(m): 8:53am On Sep 10, 2017
Ollah1, it depends on your budget. There are cheaper ones out there but I will advise you go for 2gig ram and above.

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by ironprocs(m): 11:26am On Sep 10, 2017
Can someone pls explain how set tv works
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by BabaAlabi: 5:52pm On Sep 10, 2017
CavendishPlex:

Thank man, I'll give this a spin & render feedback. Cheers
Been enjoying reading about this android tv because anything that will give greedy dstv a run for their money is gladly welcome. The only bane of enjoying internet tv in Nigeria is unfortunately the lack of good internet. I would willingly dance naked under the rain for a chance to have fiber optics unlimited internet like you. Can u enlighten us more about it and is it available in lagos only?
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by omotolsy(m): 6:10pm On Sep 10, 2017
I really dont see the easy usage of this Internet tv in naija
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 6:22pm On Sep 10, 2017
omotolsy:
I really dont see the easy usage of this Internet tv in naija

When you go truly unlimited, your joy will know no bounds.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 6:38pm On Sep 10, 2017
SET TV is one of the highly recommended IPTV services out there which offer very decent service. Just for $20/month, you get to stream on 3 different devices simultaneously while enjoying over 500 channels. Unlike most other IPTV services,with SET TV you can do a 3-day trial to test their service. Let me know when you're ready. Call/WhatsApp 07035460694.

ironprocs:
Can someone pls explain how set tv works

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 6:51pm On Sep 10, 2017
Like you have rightly pointed out, internet services in these parts could be a limiting factor for you to enjoy the IPTV. I'm not too sure if you have fibre optic cabling outside of Lagos though. In the absence of this, you could do a trial using your existing mobile network or others like Spectranet/Swift/Smile (this is assuming you're Lagos based). If you decide to try it out with any of these mentioned, I'll be hoping the network reception in your area is very decent. You know how some people complain of bad network, while some others praise these same networks to high heavens.

If you're willing to give it a try, let me know. Call/WhatsApp 07035460694

BabaAlabi:

Been enjoying reading about this android tv because anything that will give greedy dstv a run for their money is gladly welcome. The only bane of enjoying internet tv in Nigeria is unfortunately the lack of good internet. I would willingly dance naked under the rain for a chance to have fiber optics unlimited internet like you. Can u enlighten us more about it and is it available in lagos only?

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by ironprocs(m): 6:56pm On Sep 10, 2017
CavendishPlex:
SET TV is one of the highly recommended IPTV services out there which offer very decent service. Just for $20/month, you get to stream on 3 different devices simultaneously while enjoying over 500 channels. Unlike most other IPTV services,with SET TV you can do a 3-day trial to test their service. Let me know when you're ready. Call/WhatsApp 07035460694.

I need internet right.....if yes which do you recommend
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by duwdu: 9:14pm On Sep 10, 2017
CavendishPlex:

When you go truly unlimited, your joy will know no bounds.

Quite true, and well said!

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 9:47pm On Sep 10, 2017
At home, I use KKontech (relies on fibre optics), but when on the move I use my MTN 4GLTE.

ironprocs:

I need internet right.....if yes which do you recommend
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by ironprocs(m): 10:04pm On Sep 10, 2017
CavendishPlex:
At home, I use KKontech (relies on fibre optics), but when on the move I use my MTN 4GLTE.

How much are their plans
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 10:51pm On Sep 10, 2017
ironprocs:
How much are their plans

Which?
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by ironprocs(m): 6:35am On Sep 11, 2017
CavendishPlex:

Which?
Kkonect
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 9:16am On Sep 11, 2017
KKontech offers a fibre optic service which means it's fixed and not mobile and I'm subscribed to the N10,500/month plan which gives me a superb download speed of 10Mbps

ironprocs:

Kkonect
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by ironprocs(m): 9:38am On Sep 11, 2017
CavendishPlex:
KKontech offers a fibre optic service which means it's fixed and not mobile and I'm subscribed to the N10,500/month plan which gives me a superb download speed of 10Mbps

Unlimited?
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by omotolsy(m): 9:46am On Sep 11, 2017
ironprocs:

Unlimited?
bro is there anything as unlimited yetbin this Naija for. Now what they call unlimited is just a scam jere
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by duwdu: 4:36pm On Sep 11, 2017
BabaAlabi:

... I would willingly dance naked under the rain for a chance to have fiber optics unlimited internet like you...

Hahaha, this is seriously funny, gringringrin but the message is clear.

P34c3
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by duwdu: 4:50pm On Sep 11, 2017
omotolsy:
bro is there anything as unlimited yetbin this Naija for. Now what they call unlimited is just a scam jere

ntel is now truly unlimited - at least with the 12.5k monthly plan which I've since re-embraced, and comes at 10Mbps tops; but the service has to be near perfect in your area, otherwise you experience debilitating service dropouts and low speeds.

So, choose wisely.

P34c3
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by duwdu: 5:05pm On Sep 11, 2017
Guys;

gfservers (see my earlier post on the service,) now allows up to five devices simultaneously, with each device on/at a different IP/location at any one time, and still at the same monthly sub price! [A screen shot is attached.]

Here's a video review by a respected YT poster (I'm not affiliated in any way) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaub7URnGvE&pbjreload=10

P34c3

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 10:33am On Sep 12, 2017
Funny how I've always missed a mention of NTEL whenever I list 4G networks. If their network serves you well in your neck of the woods, I see no reason why you shouldn't try them out.

duwdu:

ntel is now truly unlimited - at least with the 12.5k monthly plan which I've since re-embraced, and comes at 10Mbps tops; but the service has to be near perfect in your area, otherwise you experience debilitating service dropouts and low speeds.

So, choose wisely.

P34c3
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 9:58am On Sep 16, 2017
Hi folks, if you're interested in trying out the IPTV service offered by SET TV where you can stream about 500+ channels mostly in HD on up to 3 devices simultaneously including a laptop computer, you can sign up through the link below just for $20/month.

http://setvnow.com/#PurpleRain2105
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:26am On Sep 22, 2017
What's the merits of using a dedicated android tv box over just using an old android phone tethered/casting onto the tv?
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by makavele: 2:20am On Sep 22, 2017
Marshmallows:
What's the merits of using a dedicated android tv box over just using an old android phone tethered/casting onto the tv?

One disadvantage of using miracast (or any other casting utility) is lag in audio/video rendering.

since it is transferred over wifi. And if you choose to use a mini-hdmi cable to prevent this lag, what happens when your phone rings?

You have to stop watching, unplug it, answer your call, then plug it back in . .. #wahala

With an android box, audio/video is rendered smoothly, no hiccups and you can keep your phone in your damn pockets grin grin for all you care.

4 Likes

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 22, 2017
makavele:

One disadvantage of using miracast (or any other casting utility) is lag in audio/video rendering.

since it is transferred over wifi. And if you choose to use a mini-hdmi cable to prevent this lag, what happens when your phone rings?

You have to stop watching, unplug it, answer your call, then plug it back in . .. #wahala

With an android box, audio/video is rendered smoothly, no hiccups and you can keep your phone in your damn pockets grin grin for all you care.
Yes but it's an old abandoned phone, not in use. So I can just connect to my modem and do the mini-hdmi connection to prevent lag.
I really can't think of any reason why this shouldn't suffice instead of buying a $50 TV box.
Except changing channels hmm.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by makavele: 11:39am On Sep 22, 2017
Marshmallows:
Yes but it's an old abandoned phone, not in use. So I can just connect to my modem and do the mini-hdmi connection to prevent lag.
I really can't think of any reason why this shouldn't suffice instead of buying a $50 TV box.

Old android u said?
Resolution my friend, resolution would be very poor, probably 360p!

Changing channels: world war 3 !!!
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 11:53am On Sep 22, 2017
Marshmallows:

Why don't you try it out and then give us a report on your trial after a one week use.

1 Like

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 22, 2017
Ok google is my friend and has told me to abort mission. Not worth it. I'll be getting the android tv box.

3 Likes

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2017
One more question before I ditch DSTv: will I be able to stream multichoice channels like African Magic or something similar? (for my woman, she's kinda homely like that)

Cc makavele cavendishplex
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by makavele: 1:30pm On Sep 22, 2017
Marshmallows:
One more question before I ditch DSTv: will I be able to stream multichoice channels like African Magic or something similar? (for my woman, she's kinda homely like that)

On IPTV, i seriously doubt that sir !
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by CavendishPlex: 4:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
Marshmallows:

I'm yet to see any IPTV service that offers your preferred DSTv channels. Even at that, she will not be bored as she's gonna be spoilt for choice. Trust me.
Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by netflixgcs(m): 2:25am On Sep 25, 2017
I have 10 units of TV box " 4K MXQ pro" brand new. 3 units PS3 and 3 units PS4 (Used PS) All items bought from United Kingdom. TV box @#35k. PS3 50k and PS 4 @#110k. WhatsApp 08034865945

Re: Which Android TV Box Is Best For Use In Nigeria by femorra(m): 8:54am On Sep 26, 2017
MXG pro is 16k in computer village sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Amazing Deals on Smartphones, Laptops & Consoles From Offerup USA!!! / Very Clean Uk Used Laptops At Whole Sales Price from 19k / FREE IMPORTATION OF TABLETS•SMARTPHONES•MED/EDU EQUIPMENTS FROM CHINA~NO CHARGES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.