Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,098 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati (15748 Views)

Rivers Youths Celebrate With Goodluck Jonathan On His 60th Birthday (Photos) / Amaechi Reveals Cause Of His Problem With Goodluck Jonathan, Wife / Former PDP Ministers Meet With Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by Handsome777(m): 2:29pm On Feb 27, 2017
Contrary to public sentiments that members of ex-President, Goodluck Jonathan’s cabinet enjoyed working with him because of his alleged leniency towards corrupt people, his then media adviser, Mr. Reuben Abati, has said that he had no regrets working with Jonathan, because of the many lessons and quality exposure that he received under him.

Abati said this on Sunday night while fielding questions from the media on life in the Presidential Villa.

He described working under the former President as going to the ‘University of Life,’ saying that even those who were his critics would have had something to learn if they got into arena of state power at that time.

The former presidential spokesman said that in spite of the allegation that he received N50 million from ex-National Security Adviser, Dasuki Sambo, and his alleged promise to return N5 million out of the sum to the government, he still thinks his integrity and name are intact.

He said: “I do not regret working with the former President. If you worked with his government, it is a different kind of exposure. It is like going to the university. If you like, you can call it the University of Life.

“I’m grateful for the opportunity I had to serve at that highest level in Nigeria and for the many lessons and quality exposure that I received.

“If you are on the other side, it is very easy to talk; it is very easy to analyze and criticize. But if you get into government, you will begin to gain knowledge of how government works. Many of the people out there who comment on government affairs, when they get into the arena they get to learn a lot.

“I think my integrity and name was intact when I left the villa. I don’t have any challenge in that regard. I think I did a good job.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/02/27/dont-regret-working-goodluck-jonathan-reuben-abati/

8 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by yeyeboi(m): 2:38pm On Feb 27, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 27, 2017
At least you chop N50mil grin grin grin
Useless politican grin
Where is EFCC sef to dig into your file? All those accounts and financial transactions - BVN compliant or otherwise grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by AngelicBeing: 2:45pm On Feb 27, 2017
Another barawo, thief, Ole, useless criminals grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by muykem: 2:50pm On Feb 27, 2017
Nobody regret making millions freely from public fund.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by SurefireAsoOke: 2:57pm On Feb 27, 2017
Noted

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by omenkaLives(m): 3:08pm On Feb 27, 2017
muykem:
Nobody regret making millions freely from public fund.
The tin tire me oo. cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by babadem2much(m): 3:08pm On Feb 27, 2017
This is another goat and Yam theory....

Even if na you nko? Looting freely like goat In a yam barn

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by veekid(m): 5:00pm On Feb 27, 2017
Keep this story for your grandchildren, it's gon make a good dinner type of story

#yeye

8 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by soberdrunk(m): 5:01pm On Feb 27, 2017
Nobody will regret working under the most "generous" administration ever, where one man received "millions of dollars" as 'gift' in just months as an 'acting' boss angry angry

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by overhypedsteve(m): 5:02pm On Feb 27, 2017
how will you regret? after all na their name them dey use thief give you, you never had to sign any document to put yourself for trouble. you just ate the delicious crumbs from your masters table so EFCC nor fit hold you

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by Princejebs(m): 5:02pm On Feb 27, 2017
grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by momodub: 5:03pm On Feb 27, 2017
We no blame you

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by obembet(f): 5:04pm On Feb 27, 2017
As long as selling is not a corruption
Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by JideAmuGiaka: 5:05pm On Feb 27, 2017
Keneking:
Useless politican grin
Where is EFCC sef to dig into your file? All those accounts and financial transactions - BVN compliant or otherwise grin

The #50mil was an Xmas gift to all journalists. He said that even Femi Adesina also benefited, no wonder he was not asked to return it and he was set free.

Have you seen how APC Bubu are fighting corruption?.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by Angelb4: 5:05pm On Feb 27, 2017
It's because you have 'chopped'. Just say the truth.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by Lemiday(m): 5:06pm On Feb 27, 2017
sure
Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by oel12(f): 5:06pm On Feb 27, 2017
All hail the fathe of corruption

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by ovieigho(m): 5:06pm On Feb 27, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Another barawo, thief, Ole, useless criminals grin
oh God I don't pray to be in this category of people in my life!!! Calling every successful person names...God let me be on the other side,where people will call me ole ,barawo ,ritualist ,thief etc just for being successful.... Amen

12 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by AdonaiRoofing(m): 5:07pm On Feb 27, 2017
You are a courageous man, standing up for what you believe in. Men like you are scarce

Contact us for all your roofing jobs and roof maintenance etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by AngelicBeing: 5:08pm On Feb 27, 2017
ovieigho:
[s]oh God I don't pray to be in this category of people in my life!!! Calling every successful person names...God let me be on the other side,where people will call me ole ,barawo ,ritualist ,thief etc just for being successful.... Amen
[/s] sad angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by sureheaven(m): 5:08pm On Feb 27, 2017
U don't have any reason to regret working with IB...... massive looting and stealing that has nothing to do with corruption was ur code of conduct.........

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by obailala(m): 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2017
After swallowing N50million with a promise to return N5million, I'm just wondering who wouldnt really be happy working with Jonathan.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by Pylony(m): 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2017
After eating from his palms do you expect to frown at your boss?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by teebillz: 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2017
hmmm
Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by PapaBaby: 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2017
Ok
Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by wolelove(m): 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2017
Why will you regret after all the looting..... grin

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by TippyTop(m): 5:11pm On Feb 27, 2017
2021 headline would be:

I regret working with the dullard says Femi

9 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by anonimi: 5:11pm On Feb 27, 2017
Keneking:
Useless politican grin

MaguN is busy enjoying his N40 million rented mansion that was furnished for N43 million which he is fighting to be confirmed by the senate that he has no time chasing other corrupt cases. grin

anonimi:

Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. Ibrahim Magu, has rented a mansion in the elitist Maitama District of the Federal capital territory (FTC) Abuja, News Express can report this morning.

The storey building located at No. 8B, Rudolf Close, off Katsina Ala Crescent, in the highbrow Maitama District, was the abode of a former federal minister who died some time in May 2014.

An impeccable source said: “The property was rented to the Acting EFCC Chairman for N40,000,000 at N20,000,000 per annum.

“Furthermore, the Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA) curiously awarded a contract to Africa Energy, a company owned by Rtd Air Comm. Umar Muhammad, to furnish the residence at the cost N43,000,000, in a Government where the President is known to have frowned at and rebuked his ministers for requesting N20,000,000 each to secure accommodation and furnish them.

“It is shocking that the man spearheading the anti-corruption crusade of the government will be involved in such a venture. More surprising is the involvement of FCDA in renting a house for EFCC and under what arrangement.”

News Express made efforts to get the reaction of Magu and EFCC but the commission’s spokesmen Osita Nwajah and Wilson Uwujaren did not respond to text messages sent to them seeking their reaction to the story.

From: http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=25259

Is this CORRUPTION happening under the nose of our able retired General, only saviour, fighter of corruption, the DullardPoo of Daura?
If the senators confirm him on the job what more will Magu do?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by jbcul4ril(m): 5:13pm On Feb 27, 2017
AdonaiRoofing:
You are a courageous man, standing up for what you believe in. Men like you are scarce

Contact us for all your roofing jobs and roof maintenance etc
That how we also stand for what we believe in. Sai BABA grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati by cold(m): 5:13pm On Feb 27, 2017
Right

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Berlin Wall Comment: Lai Mohammed Denies Attacking Illorin Emirate / We’ll Accept The Challenge If You Make Family A Campaign Issue, Presidency Tells / Edo/ondo: INEC Petitions NBA Over Conflicting Orders By Courts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.