Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged (1882 Views)

Corper Dragged Over Unromantic Birthday Date / Igbo Language Is Very Unromantic - Nigerian Lady / Pre-wedding Photos Of A Physically Challenged Lady Set To Wed In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Goodlyhrt(m): 5:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
Life as a person living with deformity has been really challenging. Most times I cry, and I ask questions; I dont want to live this way, I cant do what my mates are doing. No mata how cute my face is no girl can really stand me. That aside though, I am still trying to wake up to the fact that I cant play soccer SOCCERRR I still try in my very little way though and most people always reckon that I could've gone on to make a great footballer (not dropping that dream though). The stigma, the preferential treatment, not that I dont appreciate the treatments but cant I have a level playing ground. I want to do stuffs my self, I want to beat some people up, I want to run some distance, I want to chase Ijeoma. If only wishes were horses. although it took nothing away from my confidence, I am still as confident as a wild goat (I'm not a goat o) I still walk up to girls, I can still walk around collar up, I still engage in church functions (I have a nice voice). But all the same mahn I feel incomplete, most times I feel awkward I feel sad. Whenever problem arise within my clique, I am the peace monger even when I'm right. Whenever I'm looked down on I feel sad knowing that the only way I could retaliate is with resounding success but alas I have no money to further my education.
Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 27, 2017
Where you come learn how to write like this,if you no get money to further

1 Like

Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Joshchi(m): 5:26pm On Feb 27, 2017
You are tough already and very likely on the right path to overcoming your challenges

1 Like

Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Goodlyhrt(m): 5:34pm On Feb 27, 2017
hilaomo:
Where you come learn how to write like this,if you no get money to further
Haba Nwanne in this internet age I'm not that dumb na
Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 27, 2017
Goodlyhrt:
Haba Nwanne in this internet age I'm not that dumb na
It wont sound harsh if I told you that everyone has got one deformity(physical or otherwise) or the other...so manage yours bro and be grateful!
Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Goodlyhrt(m): 5:37pm On Feb 27, 2017
Joshchi:
You are tough already and very likely on the right path to overcoming your challenges
Really...
Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Goodlyhrt(m): 5:41pm On Feb 27, 2017
hilaomo:
It wont sound harsh if I told you that everyone has got one deformity(physical or otherwise) or the other...so manage yours bro and be grateful!
I think the difference is that I chose to speak up
Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Pweedycutie(f): 6:43pm On Feb 27, 2017
There is someone for everyone....if yhu have d zeal to further your education you will surely do....if yhu don't have a questionable character ya better half would surely come....
Ah love ya spirit....reminds me of a friend
Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by tee59(f): 7:23pm On Feb 27, 2017
Don't loose hope on love.Ur own missing rib wil come.Saw a woman on my way frm work today wt a deformity too but wt her two kids coming frm skul.She went to pick dem.Den i said to myslf,if God can gv ds woman a man to wife her,den ds God hs plan for evrybody.So op,keep belvn in God.U wil sing a new song.

1 Like

Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Rukkydelta(f): 7:44pm On Feb 27, 2017
Physically challenged?
As in you can't talk or hear?
Cos from your post you can walk
Please give us a clearer picture
Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Ranchhoddas: 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2017
Pweedycutie:
There is someone for everyone....if yhu have d zeal to further your education you will surely do....if yhu don't have a questionable character ya better half would surely come....
Ah love ya spirit....reminds me of a friend
Write properly. It's irritating when people who have 'furthered their education' write this way.

2 Likes

Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Pweedycutie(f): 3:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Write properly. It's irritating when people who have 'furthered their education' write this way.
Oh!!! So sorry Sir.

1 Like

Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 28, 2017
Goodlyhrt:
Life as a person living with deformity has been really challenging. Most times I cry, and I ask questions; I dont want to live this way, I cant do what my mates are doing. No mata how cute my face is no girl can really stand me. That aside though, I am still trying to wake up to the fact that I cant play soccer SOCCERRR I still try in my very little way though and most people always reckon that I could've gone on to make a great footballer (not dropping that dream though). The stigma, the preferential treatment, not that I dont appreciate the treatments but cant I have a level playing ground. I want to do stuffs my self, I want to beat some people up, I want to run some distance, I want to chase Ijeoma. If only wishes were horses. although it took nothing away from my confidence, I am still as confident as a wild goat (I'm not a goat o) I still walk up to girls, I can still walk around collar up, I still engage in church functions (I have a nice voice). But all the same mahn I feel incomplete, most times I feel awkward I feel sad. Whenever problem arise within my clique, I am the peace monger even when I'm right. Whenever I'm looked down on I feel sad knowing that the only way I could retaliate is with resounding success but alas I have no money to further my education.

You have a good skill that you can leverage for money and use to sponsor yourself to any level that you want. You can write quite well.

I am a proof that writing can change your life. I am seeing three people through University at the moment and it doesn't even feel like a kobo leaves my account balance when I pay school fees for my siblings.

If you are willing to invest 6 months to study well and become a well grounded writer/freelancer, you will have enough funds to school up to any level that you want while enjoying a good quality of life which I presume is a germane need for you.
Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
Goodlyhrt:
dig deep manigga...thrs soccer bets...make money off what you love...do researches...millions in betting
Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Goodlyhrt(m): 9:41am On Mar 01, 2017
Rayhandrinni:
dig deep manigga...thrs soccer bets...make money off what you love...do researches...millions in betting
I will appreciate any help towards that sportbetting of a thing
Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Outofsync(m): 12:28pm On Mar 06, 2017
Wow, a thread like this is lying around and didn't make fp yet nairaland is flooded with bbn nonsense up and down

Seun, Nairaland is slowly dying. Sad but true.

1 Like

Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Raintaker(m): 3:12pm On Mar 06, 2017
Outofsync:
Wow, a thread like this is lying around and didn't make fp yet nairaland is flooded with bbn nonsense up and down

Seun, Nairaland is slowly dying. Sad but true.
why should someone's personal life make F. P?

To d op, my nigga I wish u well.
Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 06, 2017
How physically challenged are you?
Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by passey: 4:14pm On Mar 06, 2017
My brother, I am physically challenged too, have been, for over 30 years now. I have a paralyzed left foot and use crutches to move around.
I was also in a similar condition with you or even worse- a poor orphaned dude from a very poor family. My blessed Mumcy was frying Akara to support a family of 7 kids. The good news is that I managed to get my self educated working as a barber on crutches and selling used clothes of course with the much my Mumcy could give me which was never more than 3k.
I now hold a Masters degree, married to a beautiful lady who graduated from the same university with me and we are blessed with 2 beautiful kids, a 5yrs old boy and a months old beautiful girl.
By the grace of God, I worked as a lecturer in the university before moving to a multinational IOC with a monthly salary in seven figures!
Now I don't say all these to boast but to encourage you to put your head down and work hard for yourself and for your own life. Don't be distracted by frivolities and my brother, when you succeed you will have a choice of the most beautiful ladies around and God will give you one that will truly love you for you. people will be falling over themselves to identify with you.
By all means get a trade so you can be making some money to keep you going without depending on anyone. Make sure you get educated and ensure that you make atleast a 2.2 because that will count for you, aim for a first class, even if you are going to a poly or COE. As a person with disability, you need twice the amount of efforts required by others to get the same things they get. You must be extra focused but you can surely make it... take it from me, bro.
Polish your talents and skills... try boldly approaching a radio station and ask to volunteer seek help for an opportunity to learn....
there is so much you can do...
it is not a this ability, I call it These-abilities!
Feel free to contact me... May God help you!!

10 Likes

Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by eunisam: 4:18pm On Mar 06, 2017
Goodlyhrt

pictures or videotube
Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Outofsync(m): 5:39pm On Mar 06, 2017
Raintaker:
why should someone's personal life make F. P?

To d op, my nigga I wish u well.
why wouldn't they
Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Outofsync(m): 5:41pm On Mar 06, 2017
passey:
My brother, I am physically challenged too, have been, for over 30 years now. I have a paralyzed left foot and use crutches to move around.
I was also in a similar condition with you or even worse- a poor orphaned dude from a very poor family. My blessed Mumcy was frying Akara to support a family of 7 kids. The good news is that I managed to get my self educated working as a barber on crutches and selling used clothes of course with the much my Mumcy could give me which was never more than 3k.
I now hold a Masters degree, married to a beautiful lady who graduated from the same university with me and we are blessed with 2 beautiful kids, a 5yrs old boy and a months old beautiful girl.
By the grace of God, I worked as a lecturer in the university before moving to a multinational IOC with a monthly salary in seven figures!
Now I don't say all these to boast but to encourage you to put your head down and work hard for yourself and for your own life. Don't be distracted by frivolities and my brother, when you succeed you will have a choice of the most beautiful ladies around and God will give you one that will truly love you for you. people will be falling over themselves to identify with you.
By all means get a trade so you can be making some money to keep you going without depending on anyone. Make sure you get educated and ensure that you make atleast a 2.2 because that will count for you, aim for a first class, even if you are going to a poly or COE. As a person with disability, you need twice the amount of efforts required by others to get the same things they get. You must be extra focused but you can surely make it... take it from me, bro.
Polish your talents and skills... try boldly approaching a radio station and ask to volunteer seek help for an opportunity to learn....
This is so inspiring. Top of the hat to you sir. Wish I had even a pint of the dedication and zeal you have.
Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Goodlyhrt(m): 6:11pm On Mar 06, 2017
eunisam:
Goodlyhrt

pictures or videotube
Picture of what
Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 06, 2017
Lalasticala
Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 06, 2017
passey:

Amazed i love this
Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Jodha(f): 8:56pm On Mar 06, 2017
Dude do not let anyone/anything put yhu down..do not let what yhu think is a disability reduce yhur self confidence..

Poor self image is the worst disability anybody can ever.. Have..

No matter what yhur case may be.. Believe me there are people worse than.. Yhu.. Look at the bright approach in all things..

And please try to stay away from "joy killers".. These are sets of people that always talk yhu down.. In other to feel good about their selves.. . Surround yhurself with people with positive vibes.. People that will make yhu feel great despite the way yhu are physically.. Knowing within yhure awesome...

I repeat niggur.. It's important yhu don't allow anybody put yhu down..

All the best..
Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by eunisam: 9:31pm On Mar 06, 2017
Goodlyhrt:
Picture of what
your physically challenged photo
Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Goodlyhrt(m): 10:01pm On Mar 06, 2017
eunisam:

your physically challenged photo
Thank you for ur consign I will tag u when I upload same
Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Psittacus(m): 10:07pm On Mar 06, 2017
Goodlyhrt:
I will appreciate any help towards that sportbetting of a thing
You want to trade your little cash on sport bet. Pls Don't! For the fun of it, you can with a little change. Your future is at stake here. Don't rely on it.

Like someone said earlier, approach radio station, religion centers (like T. B Joshua )and NGO's tell them of your heart desire. There are kind hearted folks outta there.
Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Psittacus(m): 10:13pm On Mar 06, 2017
passey:

inspiring, thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Goodlyhrt(m): 10:20pm On Mar 06, 2017
passey:
Wow! Wow! Wow! This is surely a life booster! I really appreciate this. Thank you very much for this.
I feel elated, and for the first time in my life I feel able. I think I need this kind of thing every morning before I go out. This is going to be so pivotal in my life right now I wanna cry!
Once again. Thank you very much, and I wish I could hear your voice

1 Like

Re: My Unromantic Life As A Physically Challenged by Goodlyhrt(m): 10:29pm On Mar 06, 2017
Psittacus:
You want to trade your little cash on sport bet. Pls Don't! For the fun of it, you can with a little change. Your future is at stake here. Don't rely on it.

Like someone said earlier, approach radio station, religion centers (like T. B Joshua )and NGO's tell them of your heart desire. There are kind hearted folks outta there.
Your advice is most welcome. I dont rely on that sport betting just for fun and anytime I see free money.
But going to those broadcasting folks, wont they demand cash?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Incest Story: My Son And I Developed Our Love Affair / Plurimi And The Occultic Connection (part 1) / Things No One Ever Tells You Would Destroy Your Marriage Or Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.