Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,678 members, 7,809,574 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC (18483 Views)

Osinbajo Announces 80% Slash For NAFDAC Registration Fee / My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / 50 Agro Food Exportation Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by vicadex07(m): 5:21am On Feb 28, 2017
Stdhayour:
How much will Obiano now pay to export Ugwu grin
I don't know why you find it hard to mention the Office address and Na of the officials you talk to. Maybe you are already planning to go and price it to 30m cheesy

30 million keh?

Haba!
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by vicadex07(m): 5:23am On Feb 28, 2017
xynerise:

Please, do you know where their office is in Lagos?

http://www.nepc.gov.ng/page_contact_us.html
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Youngzedd(m): 5:34am On Feb 28, 2017
Everything here is fake.

The OP cannot provide a simple contact details and you guys are here jumping.

How do we now fix this mess if we do not know the people behind this exploitation.

OP go and sleep.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by giles14(m): 6:03am On Feb 28, 2017
Zdoh:
This is are the simple mistake most newbies makes when they want to start exportation.Normally you are suppose to visit those agency before you proceed on your business but according what you narrated here those staff wanted extort you maybe just the way you present your business proposal.This is reason you need a credible freight forwarder who will be in position to arrange all your export documents.
According to you,the kind of exportation you about to venture is still mini exportation.
If you want to export your products without azle,kindly contact us at MYINTEG EXPRESS SERVICES
Call/Whatsapp 08088759163
We will gladly work you through.
scammers ALERT.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by DrogoG(m): 6:07am On Feb 28, 2017
It is unbelievable.
Every government institution in Nigeria is massively corrupt.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Chigorkizz(m): 6:38am On Feb 28, 2017
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by napoleon77(m): 6:48am On Feb 28, 2017
xynerise:
Now I know that one of the problem of exportation in Nigeria is caused by people or agency that are supposed to be supporting entrepreneurs.

My sister and I visited NAFDAC office to make enquiry on cost of exporting foodstuff like Egusi, Ogbono and other native foodstuff.

She has already package these foodstuff in a sack but was told to make enquiry at NAFDAC first.

We got there and we waited for about 30 minutes before they called us. She began to narrate her plans and asked how much it will cost to be given license.

The lady said the license will cost her N50 million for a start, imagine a business that the capital is not even up to N10 Million. These made my sister to rain abuses on the lady because she was so shocked on such exorbitant amount for a start.

Another man came out which I believe is in higher position than the lady we first met and invited us to his office. After we narrated what led to the drama, he smiled and said "She didn't even give you the right price, you will be charged N100 million for it". Just imagine.

This is how entrepreneurs are discouraged to do business abroad and they expect Nigeria to move forward.

I want to know if what these NAFDAC staff charged us is reality or just obvious exploitation?

This your story

NAFDAC does not issue license for exporting foodstuff. It's issued by NEPC. The last time I got my license some years ago it cost me just a few thousand Naira.

I doubt if NAFDAC officials would quote such figures for any type of food licensing.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Nobody: 6:52am On Feb 28, 2017
the corruption in NAFDAC nd other govt agencies is mind-blowing. very unfortunate.
it was corruption that pushed the immediate former DG, Paul Orhii out of the agency.
Again, r u sure u went to the right directorate ?
if u r in lagos nd still wanna export PM nd it wil b facilitated I ve contacts in NAFDAC
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Zdoh(m): 7:04am On Feb 28, 2017
giles14:
scammers ALERT.
Please come out with your evidence.You have to think and do your diligent search before you think of accussing someone.I have document ms of most the job(export) i have done if you care to know.Your type are those who support corruption which has been dragging Nigeria backward long time ago.

1 Like

Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Electroweb(m): 7:06am On Feb 28, 2017
Zdoh:
This is are the simple mistake most newbies makes when they want to start exportation.Normally you are suppose to visit those agency before you proceed on your business but according what you narrated here those staff wanted extort you maybe just the way you present your business proposal.This is reason you need a credible freight forwarder who will be in position to arrange all your export documents.
According to you,the kind of exportation you about to venture is still mini exportation.
If you want to export your products without azle,kindly contact us at MYINTEG EXPRESS SERVICES

Are you working him/ her through for free? Be clear about that.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Zdoh(m): 7:11am On Feb 28, 2017
erico2k2:

See packaging, do You work for them?
Work for who?Cant you just read between the line what i posted?Why jealous and envy is your hobby?You are not in the field,you are one of those who drag Nugeria backward.In a developed country exportations are been sponsor by Government unlike thiefs who are demanding for N100 million before you can get certificate,just imaging?Wake up sir/ma.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Zdoh(m): 7:22am On Feb 28, 2017
jinxet2000:
Are you trying to exploit them again yourself?
No matter what your narration is to the staff, there should be a format and schedule of payment that should guide entrepreneurs who want to export. Not to quote price based on what they heard.
If Dubai did not open free boarder for import and export, it would not have been what it is today.
Nigeria should continue exploiting people and keep hindering progress until they become the last in the list. then they will begin begging.

Exploit them in what way?I am freight forward and my job is to guide any individual who is ready to export and ensure they succeed without exorbitant charges
see, my joy is seen people earning in dollar which i believe can push Nigeria economy forward.I am trying to add my little quota to the development of my beloved country.Read my post again i did not mention money there. Can you even imagine,someone trying to export goods worth of 200,000 in total plus freight and someone somewhere demanding for N100m,thats not fair enough.We cant wait
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by otokx(m): 7:22am On Feb 28, 2017
The OP has been unable to substantiate his claims thus far.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Zdoh(m): 7:33am On Feb 28, 2017
donofdons:

JESUS! THEY DON COME AGAIN OOO. THAT IS HOW THEY DUPED MY SISTER. SHE WANTED TO EXPORT PLANTAIN BUT ONLY ENDED UP EXPORTING HER MONEY. DON'T DEAL WITH ANYBODY YOU MEET HERE CLAIMING TO WANT TO HELP YOU. JUST HIT ME UP SO THAT I CAN TELL YOU HOW TO GO ABOUT THESE THINGS. EVERYBODY KNOW ME SO I CANT DUPE YOU UNLESS I WANT TO DESTROY MY LEGACY HERE.
Becareful of anybody calling Jesus when it comes to business,they have inner motive.Your ways of typing shows how desperate you are.Are you in the field?You said you cant dupe people?Means you will still at the end of the day demand for money without even anything fruitful.You say dont deal with people here?Where are poorly advertising yourself?Did i know your sister?Next time use your brain before you quote and accuss someone.
Mind you,do not quote me again,i am too busy for all this.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Zdoh(m): 7:42am On Feb 28, 2017
Electroweb:

Are you working him/ her through for free? Be clear about that.
Yes,,the only place where money will be involved is when;
>He/she will pay the shipping company
Pay the Agency fee
Handling
Waybill/Bill lading etc.
Meanwhile,he/she will practically witness all this payment.....No blind business dealing.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Zdoh(m): 7:46am On Feb 28, 2017
chiboyo:
OP, pls be more detailed as suggested as I won't be surprised if NAFDAC has a presence on NL and might be interested in this issue

They surely have and they have been attacking me here since
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by waka2: 7:52am On Feb 28, 2017
i dont want to say its a lie because i was not there but i dont think any nafdac official will ask you to bring such amount of money,i've been there several time they have their own pattern of making their money expecially through agent,repeated charges,visitation and so on.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Zdoh(m): 7:52am On Feb 28, 2017
menwongo:

Hahahah how do we know you are trustworthy? To me you should just drop your comment without quoting the guy unless he's the one that export your sister's money.

Well come down to our palm oil mill in Mbiaya Uruan, Akwa Ibom State for your palm oil @ #9,000 to #9,500 per keg (25 liters). 08023018266.
My brother God bless you and increase your knowledge,can you just imagine

1 Like

Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by xynerise: 8:16am On Feb 28, 2017
henribj:

go back and visit them, get them on tape, report it to efcc and post it online, make sure that the NAFDAC staffs identify themselves with their names and title o. the rest like they say is history.

Getting them on tape will be a bit difficult since this has been publicized. The office is the one along Oshodi Expressway, Lagos. I will find a way to visit them again today.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by xynerise: 8:18am On Feb 28, 2017
Youngzedd:
Everything here is fake.

The OP cannot provide a simple contact details and you guys are here jumping.

How do we now fix this mess if we do not know the people behind this exploitation.

OP go and sleep.

Calm down....I have posted the address.

3/5 Oshodi Expressway, Oshodi, Lagos.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Btruth: 8:20am On Feb 28, 2017
steppin:
Export fees should be cheap to encourage exportation. What's wrong with Nigeria?
FG meant well for exporters of Nigeria products. But the problem has always been the agencies. They are making things so difficult for people that are into exports.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Cantata16: 8:27am On Feb 28, 2017
[/quote] This is the most inane thing I've heard in a very long while. I really don't know what you intend to achieve with this kind of post but for the benefit of those following this thread, I can state categorically that you're either lying or you've been grossly misinformed. As far as I can tell, no NAFDAC officer will give you that kind of information; I'm most certain about that. The service rendered by NAFDAC for exporters is basically to analyze the products for export, to ensure that there are no micotoxins and that the pesticide residue is not above acceptable limits, is absolutely free of charge as a way of encouraging exports.
Even the fact that you have not mentioned the location of this supposed NAFDAC office is quite curious. And to add to that if you're serious, you know where to take your complaint. Please stop misinforming people.

2 Likes

Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by ikanason(m): 8:36am On Feb 28, 2017
sorepco:
Your 2st mistake is not letting us know the city you did this. If na lagos go to the regional headquaters at oshodi. Those guys r quite professional and they wont expliot you. I dont believecan export license will be higher than an import license. I was into industrail chemical importation though.
They want to exploit u. Dont pay dem fanig. Do ur reasearch well my friend.

pls I will like to have ur contact, u can send me message on judeumeakuana@yahoo.com.com or 07032902102 thanks
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Ngokafor(f): 8:45am On Feb 28, 2017
Nairaboi:
They are calling on you to name the office you visited nd the name of the officials you met. but you are not forth-coming with the needed information. Yous should have kept the information to yourself and not bring it to the forum.

This kind of attitude is why Nigeria is where it is. . .

....spot on.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by jospepper(m): 8:58am On Feb 28, 2017
menwongo:

Hahahah how do we know you are trustworthy? To me you should just drop your comment without quoting the guy unless he's the one that export your sister's money.

Well come down to our palm oil mill in Mbiaya Uruan, Akwa Ibom State for your palm oil @ #9,000 to #9,500 per keg (25 liters). 08023018266.
Do you have Pko too? what's the rate?
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Cantata16: 9:02am On Feb 28, 2017
xynerise:
Now I know that one of the problem of exportation in Nigeria is caused by people or agency that are supposed to be supporting entrepreneurs.

My sister and I visited NAFDAC office to make enquiry on cost of exporting foodstuff like Egusi, Ogbono and other native foodstuff.

She has already package these foodstuff in a sack but was told to make enquiry at NAFDAC first.

We got there and we waited for about 30 minutes before they called us. She began to narrate her plans and asked how much it will cost to be given license.

The lady said the license will cost her N50 million for a start, imagine a business that the capital is not even up to N10 Million. These made my sister to rain abuses on the lady because she was so shocked on such exorbitant amount for a start.

Another man came out which I believe is in higher position than the lady we first met and invited us to his office. After we narrated what led to the drama, he smiled and said "She didn't even give you the right price, you will be charged N100 million for it". Just imagine.

This is how entrepreneurs are discouraged to do business abroad and they expect Nigeria to move forward.

I want to know if what these NAFDAC staff charged us is reality or just obvious exploitation?

This is the most inane thing I've heard in a very long while. I really don't know what you intend to achieve with this kind of post but for the benefit of those following this thread, I can state categorically that you're either lying or you've been grossly misinformed. As far as I can tell, no NAFDAC officer will give you that kind of information; I'm most certain about that. The service rendered by NAFDAC for exporters is basically to analyze the products for export, to ensure that there are no micotoxins and that the pesticide residue is not above acceptable limits, and this is absolutely free of charge as a way of encouraging exports.
Even the fact that you have not mentioned the location of this supposed NAFDAC office is quite curious. And to add to that if you're serious, you know where to take your complaint. Please stop misinforming people.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Happyfellow147: 9:24am On Feb 28, 2017
Please carry your mumu advert elsewhere. If you are that informed about the processes, share it here. People who are interested will contact you. Freight forwarder my foot!
Zdoh:
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by mahyowah(m): 9:29am On Feb 28, 2017
xynerise:

Report to EFCC bro, isn't it glaring that this is a case of fraud.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Zdoh(m): 9:37am On Feb 28, 2017
Happyfellow147:
Please carry your mumu advert elsewhere. If you are that informed about the processes, share it here. People who are interested will contact you. Freight forwarder my foot!
See 'em!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN, Airtel Lose N479bn To Currency Revaluation / How Do I Withdraw Money From Fiverr / 24 Hours After New Policy, CBN Injects $371m Into Forex Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.