Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC (18511 Views)

Osinbajo Announces 80% Slash For NAFDAC Registration Fee / My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / 50 Agro Food Exportation Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 28, 2017
xynerise:

Please, do you know where their office is in Lagos?

Check out their website under contacts. Their address should be there.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by menwongo(m): 9:50am On Feb 28, 2017
jospepper:
Do you have Pko too? what's the rate?

No. Am in palm oil only. Try Aba they buy our palm kernel nut so I think they will have the oil.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Expl0rers: 9:55am On Feb 28, 2017
mamawin:
lol are you for real?

yeah, human trafficking dont cost much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by millhouse: 10:08am On Feb 28, 2017
vi
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by mark2sunny(m): 10:35am On Feb 28, 2017
xynerise:
Now I know that one of the problem of exportation in Nigeria is caused by people or agency that are supposed to be supporting entrepreneurs.

My sister and I visited NAFDAC office to make enquiry on cost of exporting foodstuff like Egusi, Ogbono and other native foodstuff.

She has already package these foodstuff in a sack but was told to make enquiry at NAFDAC first.

We got there and we waited for about 30 minutes before they called us. She began to narrate her plans and asked how much it will cost to be given license.

The lady said the license will cost her N50 million for a start, imagine a business that the capital is not even up to N10 Million. These made my sister to rain abuses on the lady because she was so shocked on such exorbitant amount for a start.

Another man came out which I believe is in higher position than the lady we first met and invited us to his office. After we narrated what led to the drama, he smiled and said "She didn't even give you the right price, you will be charged N100 million for it". Just imagine.

This is how entrepreneurs are discouraged to do business abroad and they expect Nigeria to move forward.

I want to know if what these NAFDAC staff charged us is reality or just obvious exploitation?

You go first to Nigerian Export Promotion Council first and register

Then get a lawyer to help you get a nafdac number
Or get an insider or come to abuja.
Send a tweet to their handle
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by xynerise: 10:48am On Feb 28, 2017
mark2sunny:

You go first to Nigerian Export Promotion Council first and register

Then get a lawyer to help you get a nafdac number
Or get an insider or come to abuja.
Send a tweet to their handle

In progress....thanks a lot
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by rinzylee(m): 10:51am On Feb 28, 2017
xynerise:
Now I know that one of the problem of exportation in Nigeria is caused by people or agency that are supposed to be supporting entrepreneurs.

My sister and I visited NAFDAC office to make enquiry on cost of exporting foodstuff like Egusi, Ogbono and other native foodstuff.

She has already package these foodstuff in a sack but was told to make enquiry at NAFDAC first.

We got there and we waited for about 30 minutes before they called us. She began to narrate her plans and asked how much it will cost to be given license.

The lady said the license will cost her N50 million for a start, imagine a business that the capital is not even up to N10 Million. These made my sister to rain abuses on the lady because she was so shocked on such exorbitant amount for a start.

Another man came out which I believe is in higher position than the lady we first met and invited us to his office. After we narrated what led to the drama, he smiled and said "She didn't even give you the right price, you will be charged N100 million for it". Just imagine.

This is how entrepreneurs are discouraged to do business abroad and they expect Nigeria to move forward.

I want to know if what these NAFDAC staff charged us is reality or just obvious exploitation?

Boycott those peeps, go to NAHCO MMIA and get a freight forwarder for your air lifting or Sea port if you choose to do Sea freight. Am currently working on mine

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by haulforte123: 11:49am On Feb 28, 2017
The Difference between "Freight and Cargo".

The Confusion.

There had been a mix-up in what is called "freight or cargo".
Well, it normal. Any one can make such mistakes.

This mix-up comes as a result of their similarities.
In other words, the common factor between the two is that
"it refers to the transportation of "goods" from on place to another".

However there is a major difference between the two.

Here Is The Major Difference.

When we hear people talking about "Freight", this means they are
referring to movement of their goods to different places through trucks
and trains.

However, Cargo refers to making use of ships or Cargo planes to move
goods to different points.

Hence the major difference is the means of transporting the goods.

Now the difference is clear and we hope you found it helpful.

To use our Shipment and Clearing services, contact us at:

info@haulforte.com
www.haulforte.com
+234 812 136 2702
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by ghettochild(m): 11:50am On Feb 28, 2017
am sure she went to abuja or lagos branch. them b theives
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by tombla(m): 3:03pm On Feb 28, 2017
sorry my sister you went to the wrong channel. How note the different between NAFDAC and Nigeria Agricultural Quarantine Service (NAQS), NAFDAC are responsible to certify processed Agricultural commodity or commodities while NAQS are responsible to certify raw Agricultural commodity or commodities such as Rich, yam, beans, melon, egusi all kinds of vegetable, ogbonno, sesame, ginger etc. so my sister what you require is Phyosanitary Certificate and it is only issued by NAQS order wise if you ship your consignment without this certificate your goods will be impounded. NAQS is an agency under Ministry of Agric. and function with other international countries. so this info goes to all intending exporters please be inform. for further info pls contact www.naqs.gov.ng or contact@naqs.gov.ng or call 08069824977

1 Like

Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by tombla(m): 3:13pm On Feb 28, 2017
[quote author=napoleon77 post=54127111]

This your story

NAFDAC does not issue license for exporting foodstuff. It's issued by NEPC. The last time I got my license some years ago it cost me just a few thousand Naira.

I doubt if NAFDAC officials would quote such figures for any type of food licensing.
you are correct NAFDAC doesn't issue sure license. it's all issue by Nigeria Agricultural Quarantine Service (NAQS) not NEPC visit our website for details. www.naqs.gov.ng or visit our station in Lagos at MMIA Ikeja.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Youngzedd(m): 6:05pm On Feb 28, 2017
xynerise:

Calm down....I have posted the address.

3/5 Oshodi Expressway, Oshodi, Lagos.

Now you're talking - Etisalat
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by henribj(m): 12:15am On Mar 01, 2017
xynerise:

Getting them on tape will be a bit difficult since this has been publicized. The office is the one along Oshodi Expressway, Lagos. I will find a way to visit them again today.

it ought to be easy especially if you use a smartphone with recording function.
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by thankgodeboh(m): 12:44pm On Apr 24, 2018
Hi HAH,

I'd like to speak with you on the phone. Check your e-mail to reply to the notification sent by nairaland. Please I look forward to takking with you regarding this Nafdac procedures. Thank you.

HAH:
N100M are you exporting crude oil, Please can you drop names and location of the office you visited, if possible officer that told you this for possible follow up, you don't know what this your report can do for other prospective entrepreneurs, am an entrepreneur and have dealt with Nafdac before and honestly am very satisfied with the staff behavior here in Kaduna.

When I wanted to start my bakery their coodinator gave me guide from start to finish and I was only charged official fee of about,N32k for registration
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by tck2000(m): 11:42am On Jan 04, 2020
xynerise:

It is becoming a norm undecided
Sorry to disturb you but how did it go?...Do you still export?...How much does it cost to export an item of 1kg?...Please Respond!
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Importexport247: 12:53pm On Jan 04, 2020
50m quote from junior and 100m from senior staff, are they exporting the whole of Nigeria?

Anyway, you can register and join the import and export forum and tell people all you know or what you have in mind about import and export activity both home and abroad on:www.importexport.com.ng
Re: Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC by Theophinio(m): 1:56am On Dec 30, 2022
HAH:
N100M are you exporting crude oil, Please can you drop names and location of the office you visited, if possible officer that told you this for possible follow up, you don't know what this your report can do for other prospective entrepreneurs, am an entrepreneur and have dealt with Nafdac before and honestly am very satisfied with the staff behavior here in Kaduna.

When I wanted to start my bakery their coodinator gave me guide from start to finish and I was only charged official fee of about,N32k for registration

Hi Sir

Please is it possible for me to get Nafdac approval for a small herbal powder composition without a factory

I will prepare it in my house

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 / Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 / Ogbogonogo Market Asaba On Fire (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.