Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,264 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers (9092 Views)

FG To Employ More Graduates In 2018 / Ajaokuta Steel Company To Employ 500,000 Upstream, Downstream In 2017 / Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by musicwriter(m): 8:22am On Feb 28, 2017
Below
Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:24am On Feb 28, 2017
Goroz:

Should he employ ibos to teach Yoruba?
No be Yoruba him dey employ before Even to teach other subject

So what is the big deal

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:28am On Feb 28, 2017
Sanchez01:

Separatists, tribalists who use derogatory remarks just to slight and hurt one another. Don't blame the state government for this. Blame the people.
Okay I will do that when the people are the government and not the leaders.

I am still trying to differentiate between the people and A LEADER undecided

If na to steal money now, it will go to the leaders but blames Give it to the people.
I don't hate our leaders on the contrary I am only describing my observation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by musicwriter(m): 8:34am On Feb 28, 2017
Very good move!.

And I would add, in order to hasten the detoxification of our minds and cultures from western influence, they should go another step by making Yoruba language compulsory in schools for people of Yoruba descent. Adopt it also as an official language in Lagos and the others. This would be the beginning of having ourselves back by rewiring our black consciousness. Every state should follow same.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by mapet: 8:35am On Feb 28, 2017
Vickiweezy:
This ethnic difference is always the major cause if diversity amongst Nigerians. You'll learn the language just by living in Lagos, this is just a means or an excuse to limit our unity as a nation. Why not employ different language teachers or better still foreign language teachers to further broaden the knowledge of our future generations.

This is when you just talk limited information and reasoning.

1. I was in secondary school circa late 80s and early 90s. I was @ FGC later transfered to Lagos
2. I studied Igbo JSS classes 1 & 2 in Lagos
3. I studied Hausa in JSS 1 @ FGC

So tell me again how they are dividing you?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Pavore9: 8:37am On Feb 28, 2017
codemaniacs:

you attended a public school, your neighbours spoke their language and you were always eavesdropping unlike today that most people live in estates and don't even hear their neighbours talking.. most people send their children to private schools where speaking local language is a taboo.

the problem also comes down to the parents not speaking it to their children and the fact that they work from morning till night... in my opinion, all primary schools(private and public) in a region should teach in the native of that region..

The key problem is the parents because most of those who lived closest to us were Yorubas, Binis and Efiks. I live here in Nairobi and am impressed by a couple whose kids are grounded in the Igbo language despite being born and raised in Kenya, I feel comfortable interacting with them in Igbo as against Swahili or English.

My sister and her husband live in an Estate that is exclusive but I am happy with my 5 years niece because we can communicate in Igbo. While we were growing up I and my siblings have always said our kids will speak Igbo because we appreciate how it has helped us.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Sanchez01: 8:38am On Feb 28, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Okay I will do that when the people are the government and not the leaders.

I am still trying to differentiate between the people and A LEADER undecided
Take Nairaland as a case study and you'd understand what I mean.
Wiseandtrue:

No be Yoruba him dey employ before Even to teach other subject

So what is the big deal
Stop this, please! I know where you're headed but quite frankly, it is a norm in Nigeria. I served in Enugu and would authoritatively tell you that EVERY SUBJECT TEACHER in the school I served in were all Igbos. It was so bad that they teach English Language with Igbo. These things are common everywhere. I have been to well over 13 states in the country and the same game applies.

It is even worse in the South East, believe me. You might choose to play the down trodden, cheated fellow, but it does not change the fact that this is a disturbing trend in the country and it does not exclude any geopolitical zone.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by codemaniacs: 8:44am On Feb 28, 2017
k
Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by colli247(m): 8:45am On Feb 28, 2017
BabaRamota1980:
Share with brothers and sisters in Kogi, Kwara, Osun, Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti, Ogun, Lagos, Itsekiri part of Delta.
Tribalistic
Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Pavore9: 9:00am On Feb 28, 2017
codemaniacs:

It's the parents but in a situation where both parents are working and there is no relative to care and train the children, the children of such parents will find it difficult to learn especially if they are sent to boarding schools....

In your case, one of the parents is jobless or does not have an 8 - 5 job and has time to interact and develop the children... parents who work 8-5 don't have time to train the children they feel school would teach the children everything...

One of my parents jobless ké? Both were contractors, were sub contractors during the construction of FESTAC town and the National Theatre, Iganmu. They did regularly traveled out of Lagos to go source construction materials.

75℅ of blocks used in building houses in Ojota before 1982 were from parents' block factory. My parents lived a very busy life and we spoke Igbo but my aunt who lived in the same environment and was a stay at home mom but her children were limited to speaking Yoruba and pidgin at home and we found that irritating. They were not comfortable visiting our home because of the speak only Igbo rule.

I know parents who remedied the situation by sending their kids to boarding schools in the South East, it really helped their children.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:06am On Feb 28, 2017
Sanchez01:

Stop this, please! I know where you're headed but quite frankly, it is a norm in Nigeria. I served in Enugu and would authoritatively tell you that EVERY SUBJECT TEACHER in the school I served in were all Igbos. It was so bad that they teach English Language with Igbo. These things are common everywhere. I have been to well over 13 states in the country and the same game applies.

It is even worse in the South East, believe me. You might choose to play the down trodden, cheated fellow, but it does not change the fact that this is a disturbing trend in the country and it does not exclude any geopolitical zone.

That is the problem of this our great country angry
So everyone is doing it he should too
I am sorry I will not take that as each of them have their names.
If Governor Ambode is a man of integrity, He will uphold his electoral promises.

I remembered he promised to rule with equity amongst ALL. IGBO, HAUSA AND YORUBA

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Sanchez01: 9:17am On Feb 28, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
[/b]
If Governor Ambode is a man of integrity, He will uphold his electoral promises.

I remembered he promised to rule with equity amongst ALL. IGBO, HAUSA AND YORUBA
It is funny you are channeling your anger on Ambode rather than other Governors. What do you want him to do, employ Igbo teachers to teach Igbo in a Yoruba state? How has he segregated or shown he is partial to a particular side?

Stop digressing, please. You claim he only employ Yorubas, to which I confirmed to you that it is a common thing here in the East and now you're claiming he swore to uphold electoral promises. Did other Governors not swear in the same vein?

I just don't understand why you guys think people owe you lots. It's sickening to the stomach. If he chooses to employ Yorubas alone and you think your chance of surviving in Lagos is minimal, then pack your things and leave. It is as simple as that. He believes the Yoruba language is dying and believe there is a need to revive it.

Lagos, though, belongs to the Yorubas, is the conventional ground for Nigerians from all works of life. Ambode is responsible for his people just as every Lagosian.

He owes no one an explanation. If anyone is not comfortable, then let them relocate to where they can feel at home. It is very easy.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by 0b10010011: 9:18am On Feb 28, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
Who him dey employ before No be only Yoruba people Mtcheeeeew

Later they will be saying that Nigeria is one.
Abegi

Does Obiano or Okorocha employ Yoruba people?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by jagorinho: 9:20am On Feb 28, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
[/b]

I served in enugu too, all teachers in my ppa were ibos,speaking ibo fluently without any hinderance,are you not tired of playing the victim card always it potrays you as a weakling.One of the eastern states once sacked non indigienes working for the state government but you wont see that, if you are not comfortable with how things are run in lagos then move there are still 35 states to choose from.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 28, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Do you understand what you are quoting

I'm quoting the nonsense you wrote.

Reading only the heading you flew off the handle and concluded that Lagos government is about to employ only Yorubas as teachers.

But simply reading through would have told you that the position to be filled by these teachers is as Yoruba Language tutors.

But you saw the word Yoruba and your blood started boiling. Smh.

I'm sure you think you can speak Yoruba, but speaking Yoruba and actually teaching Yoruba are two very different thing.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Adefemiaderoju1: 9:31am On Feb 28, 2017
Vickiweezy:
This ethnic difference is always the major cause if diversity amongst Nigerians. You'll learn the language just by living in Lagos, this is just a means or an excuse to limit our unity as a nation. Why not employ different language teachers or better still foreign language teachers to further broaden the knowledge of our future generations.

You are out of point buddy
Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by drololaaof: 9:32am On Feb 28, 2017
Kudos to Gov Ambode for making this stride to promote our language Yoruba most of the children of Yoruba parent can't speak it well, whereas the spoken English at home is not enough to pass WAEC & TOEFL and other foreign exam.Igbo ,& Hausa children in Yoruba land can speak their mother tongue as well as yoruba
Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 28, 2017
All these nurtw and Lagos touts are yoruba teachers on their own,so what are they employing again?
Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:35am On Feb 28, 2017
Ioannes:

[s]I'm quoting the nonsense you wrote.

Reading only the heading you flew off the handle and concluded that Lagos government is about to employ only Yorubas as teachers.

But simply reading through would have told you that the position to be filled by these teachers is as Yoruba Language tutors.
[/s]
[s]But you saw the word Yoruba and your blood started boiling. Smh.

I'm sure you think you can speak Yoruba, but speaking Yoruba and actually teaching Yoruba are two very different thing.
[/s]
When you have eaten and refreshed go back and read calmly.
Pele grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 28, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
[/s]
When you have eaten and refreshed go back and read calmly.
Pele grin grin

I understand dear. Intellectual discuss is not your thing. Take care. smiley
Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Sanchez01: 10:02am On Feb 28, 2017
jagorinho:

I served in enugu too, all teachers in my ppa were ibos,speaking ibo fluently without any hinderance,are you not tired of playing the victim card always it potrays you as a weakling.One of the eastern states once sacked non indigienes working for the state government but you wont see that, if you are not comfortable with how things are run in lagos then move there are still 35 states to choose from.
See, settling here has opened my eyes a lot. Non indigenes are not even considered for most openings. Interestingly, you see unqualified folks filling the spots. Not like an issue with it or something. I just hate the victim chants because it is a far cry from what happens in reality.

A lady within the school told me back then that I should show interest in learning the language, only then would I be able to birth opportunities for myself in the school. It was just the height of it for me at the time. I was pushed to sternly tell her off. She got the message quite well.

I honestly don't understand how they expect to be treated specially when they don't show the same towards 'outsiders'.

However, this isn't the issue at hand. I sincerely wish more state governors would tow this path to elevate indigenous languages again. We're fast losing it as a people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 28, 2017
Sanchez01:

She ain't going to give you any sound response, so don't expect any.

I don't know if some people are expecting that the governor employ Hausa or Igbo people to teach Yoruba language when there are people who actually studied Yoruba in colleges of education.

That you can speak it does not mean you can teach it.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:24am On Feb 28, 2017
Ioannes:

I understand dear. Intellectual discuss is not your thing. Take care. smiley
grin grin grin grin grin grin
You are offended because I choose not to reply your childish response. sorry.

I like spending my data on rational being not abusive ones

Goodbye and good luck on your next victim who is likely to reason like you.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by jagorinho: 10:33am On Feb 28, 2017
Sanchez01:

See, settling here has opened my eyes a lot. Non indigenes are not even considered for most openings. Interestingly, you see unqualified folks filling the spots. Not like an issue with it or something. I just hate the victim chants because it is a far cry from what happens in reality.

A lady within the school told me back then that I should show interest in learning the language, only then would I be able to birth opportunities for myself in the school. It was just the height of it for me at the time. I was pushed to sternly tell her off. She got the message quite well.

I honestly don't understand how they expect to be treated specially when they don't show the same towards 'outsiders'.

However, this isn't the issue at hand. I sincerely wish more state governors would tow this path to elevate indigenous languages again. We're fast losing it as a people.
They are big hypocrites, i dont take them serious.But bros you dey try o for staying there.
Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by WorldRichest: 10:36am On Feb 28, 2017
Thank God. Finally, Davido's boy Dele Momodu will have a job. He studied Yoruba and would have become Babalawo (Yoruba jujuman) if not for MKO that employed the big daddy in Concord Newspapers, that did not however stop Dele Momodu from praising Sanni Abacha after Abacha locked up MKO. Lately, after Buhari did not give Dele any appointment because of the traitor trait that Tinubu and Buhari saw in Dele, Dele went and did a magazine to praise and gather pity for Nigeria's number one thief Diezaini Allison-Maduekwe. Currently, Dele is attacking Buhari because Davido has stopped give Dele Momodu and his shameless cousin who is Davido's baby mama Sophie Momodu monthly stipends.

Now, there is job for Yoruba teachers, so Dele Momodu should dust his old university books, do revision and apply as Yoruba teacher in a Junior Secondary School so that old mama youngie Lauretta Onochie will be able to drink water and drop her cup where she can find it later.
Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by refreshrate: 10:53am On Feb 28, 2017
If only you could hold a conversation in English with some of the pupils ...but alas!

Even some parading themselves as graduates ...but Yoruba first. After we begin to wonder where all these alaiye boys dey come from.
Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 28, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

I am not going to waste my MB on you. I have moved on.
your loss

in your life, never mention yorubas and drugs in the same sentence.
you hear?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Sainttops(m): 11:33am On Feb 28, 2017
Vickiweezy:

Doctors make una run quick check on this dude abeg

Foreign ko, international ni

1 Like

Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by pasol4real(m): 11:45am On Feb 28, 2017
madridguy:
Yesterday it was Nigeria Army freestyle parade in Hausa language and today Lagos State want to employ Yoruba speaking teachers. grin grin grin some people BP go don go up like mountain.
All this" Mumulistic"ethnic jingoism cant stop those ppl from flying higher n higher in their various endevours
Food for thought cool
Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by awesumz: 11:59am On Feb 28, 2017
obembet:
Yoruba is moving forward... We are planning ahead

Moving Lagos to the next level cos all those non Yoruba will soon pack their load and go back to thier various villages

This is vision, though it tarry but at the end , it shall speak.

AM PROUD TO BE A TYPICAL YORUBA MAN
You are proud to be a CONE HEADED AMALA AND EWEDU EATING AFONJA
Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 28, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
You are offended because I choose not to reply your childish response. sorry.

I like spending my data on rational being not abusive ones

Goodbye and good luck on your next victim who is likely to reason like you.

Now she is behaving like the victim. Typical!

You make some racist remarks, you are replied in kind, you feel offended, then you take the position of a victim, then you retreat!

That sums it up.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 28, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
[/b]
I want to believe that you are speaking for yourself, from a genuine heart but I am not talking about you. I am talking about Ambode who despite his good electoral promises is selective in his employment. He only favours the Yorubas.

The government of those day preach peace and unity. You get to any government settings, you feel you are a Nigerian and every students related so well with the teachers. They don't feel out of place. In the school, you will find Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba both amongst the pupils and the teachers but now what do we have

Hilarious!

How many Yorubas or Hausas have been employed or appointed by the Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Abia and Ebonyin state governments

I wonder how some people think though. They want one Nigeria, yet their state governments won't even employ someone from the sister state within the same geopolitical zone, and yet they will come to Lagos and be shouting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mainone Cable Nigeria Job Recruitment (6 Positions) / How Do I Know I Have Been Shortlisted For N-power Batch C Stream 2 / Transcorp Power Limited Graduate Trainee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.