Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers (9095 Views)

FG To Employ More Graduates In 2018 / Ajaokuta Steel Company To Employ 500,000 Upstream, Downstream In 2017 / Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 28, 2017
Sanchez01:

Take Nairaland as a case study and you'd understand what I mean.

Stop this, please! I know where you're headed but quite frankly, it is a norm in Nigeria. I served in Enugu and would authoritatively tell you that EVERY SUBJECT TEACHER in the school I served in were all Igbos. It was so bad that they teach English Language with Igbo. These things are common everywhere. I have been to well over 13 states in the country and the same game applies.

It is even worse in the South East, believe me. You might choose to play the down trodden, cheated fellow, but it does not change the fact that this is a disturbing trend in the country and it does not exclude any geopolitical zone.

Bro, the truth is very bitter but must be said. The Western part of the country is much more liberal and accommodating than other parts.

I've got family friends in Ibadan who are teachers under the employ of the Oyo state government and they are Delta Igbos.

There was a time the Ajimobi government was doing verification exercise and some teachers lost their jobs cos they couldn't produce some of their certificates.

My family friend didn't have her primary school cert, being that she studied at a period when such wasn't issued.

She was evaluated based on her secondary school cert and retained along with some other non-indigenous teachers in public secondary schools in Oyo state.

Go to the East, the reverse is the case.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Keepshining(f): 1:07pm On Feb 28, 2017
BabaRamota1980:
Share with brothers and sisters in Kogi, Kwara, Osun, Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti, Ogun, Lagos, Itsekiri part of Delta.
How will someone apply?
Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by erne: 3:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
JUNE 2017 NIPR PROFESSIONAL EXAM IN PUBLIC RELATIONS.

Lectures for Diploma/Certificate exams are in progress evry Satday-Sunday at Sunjem school, barracks bstp, Ifako-Gbagada.

Updated materials/pstquestions are available. Call:08139458588

Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Kfed4ril(m): 5:06pm On Feb 28, 2017
madridguy:
Yesterday it was Nigeria Army freestyle parade in Hausa language and today Lagos State want to employ Yoruba speaking teachers. grin grin grin some people BP go don go up like mountain.

I never see mumu like you in all my life.
Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Kfed4ril(m): 5:15pm On Feb 28, 2017
kolexy:

I envy you. I have tried to learn Igbo language, but it's really hard man

Bro I was once like like you, then I decided to do my university in the east and today, I can speak Igbo well, though I'm still struggling with writing it sha.
Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Kfed4ril(m): 5:31pm On Feb 28, 2017
jagorinho:

I served in enugu too, all teachers in my ppa were ibos,speaking ibo fluently without any hinderance,are you not tired of playing the victim card always it potrays you as a weakling.One of the eastern states once sacked non indigienes working for the state government but you wont see that, if you are not comfortable with how things are run in lagos then move there are still 35 states to choose from.

Oga Biko na Igbo not ibo.
Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 28, 2017
awoo47:
yoruba graduate in the house. This is ur tyme to shine cheesy nd stop applying for bank jobs cry leave it to we accountant grin

Thank God!
I saw it coming before I decided to study Yoruba!
na to graduate remain bayii!
Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by valicious1(m): 11:33am On Mar 01, 2017
Pavore9:

Though we were all born and raised in Lagos, my family have been in Lagos since 1959 but my parents insisted no Yoruba or pidgin at home! We easily picked the Owerri and Mbaise dialects from our neighbours because we were grounded in the basics.

That is why I can not understand Igbo parents raising children outside the South East are finding it difficult transmitting the Igbo identity to their kids.
I must really commend your parents, A big kudos to them. They should be emulated by others.
Re: Lagos State To Employ More Yoruba Teachers by Pavore9: 11:39am On Mar 01, 2017
valicious1:

I must really commend your parents, A big kudos to them. They should be emulated by others.

I am really grateful to my parents for l know the embarrament my grasp of Igbo saved me from.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Transcorp Power Limited Graduate Trainee / Stanbic IBTC Bank Currently Recruiting Experienced Tellers!!!!!!! / Vacancy For Web Developer (Expired!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.