Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria (729 Views)

Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria / Taiwo Obasanjo: "Tope Adebutu Bent On Destroying Olujonwo Obasanjo, My Son" / Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, Reject Him At Poll - Mike Ozekhome Urge Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by marryjesus: 6:10am On Feb 28, 2017
Former president Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday admitted that his generation has failed Nigeria in their efforts at taking it to the ‘Promised Land.’ He, however, quickly added that what they missed out in growing the nation economically, they have been able to deliver in a united and stable country under a democratic dispensation.

Obasanjo spoke in Kaduna during the one-day trade fair seminar of the Kaduna Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (KADCCIMA), where he listed the factors inhibiting the nation’s growth and development.

Obasanjo traced the journey of the country from 1960: “the generation before us gave us and our country independence. Whatever you like, say about them: the Awolowos, Nnamdi Azikiwes, the Sardaunas, Aminu Kanos, Tafawa Balewas and others; they gave us independence, they were not perfect and if you like you can even go from now till tomorrow to condemn what they did, but they gave us independence.”

“These people and my generation laid the foundation for the democracy we enjoy today. Our democracy is not perfect, our democracy is a journey and not a destination and we must continue to improve on it. My sons and daughters, what will your generation do? Condemnation is easy but what will you do?”

Obasanjo listed policy summersault as one of the factors that held Nigeria down. “When I banned the importation of toothpicks, another president came and lifted the ban. When I heard it I quickly got across to him: you unbanned importation of toothpicks? He explained that he did not read the recommendation before he approved. Isn’t that a disaster for a country like Nigeria?”

The former president also faulted the lack of focus and capability of the nation’s leadership in handling the complex economic issues. “Part of our problems is that our leaders were not proactive. If Aliko Dangote and other private sector giants have taken over the refinery that we privatised at that time we won’t have had all the problems of petroleum shortage and all that. But, that was not done.”

“Dangote today is building a refinery capable of producing 650,000 barrels per day. Whereas what we are consuming may not be more than 500,000 barrel per day.”

“Lack of continuity and inconsistency in government and lack of knowledge is also a factor. There was a president, one of the two who came after me. He promised to generate 30,000 megawatts of electricity in 4 years.”

more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/02/obasanjo-my-generation-has-failed.html

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by Justycxx(m): 6:13am On Feb 28, 2017
m
Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by Nobody: 6:14am On Feb 28, 2017
Thank God he knows.
Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by Nobody: 6:16am On Feb 28, 2017
More Than Failed
Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:16am On Feb 28, 2017
Naija matter just weak me axwea angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by seunlayi(m): 6:17am On Feb 28, 2017
He lead them to fail us
Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by Oladimejyy(m): 6:18am On Feb 28, 2017
Baba you started it first but it doesn't concern me I just want my President to be well

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by Davash222(m): 6:19am On Feb 28, 2017
Succintly, Nigeria has failed woefully.
Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by Monalisa185(f): 6:22am On Feb 28, 2017
at this juncture! I care less!!!
Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by psucc(m): 6:24am On Feb 28, 2017
Still , GEJ is blame.

After spending trillion of Naira in the TAM of the refineries, without result, he sold it and that was a 'good' policy?
Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by Oladimejyy(m): 6:27am On Feb 28, 2017
psucc:
Still , GEJ is blame.

After spending trillion of Naira in the TAM of the refineries, without result, he sold it and that was a 'good' policy?
Are you indirectly saying Gej administration is good

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by Flyingngel(m): 6:31am On Feb 28, 2017
Ok
Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by Flyingngel(m): 6:32am On Feb 28, 2017
Obj, may b he forgot that he is the number one failure of Nigeria. When he was busy fighting political enemies and also looking for third term where none existed, he did not fail Nigeria? Make he talk another thing Mbok.
Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by Nobody: 6:33am On Feb 28, 2017
After u dne chop belleful
Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by izzou(m): 6:35am On Feb 28, 2017
OKAY BABA.WE HAVE HEARD
Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by LAFO: 6:39am On Feb 28, 2017
Thank you for admitting.

To know that these old men still want to continue ruling is saddening
Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by madridguy(m): 6:42am On Feb 28, 2017
GOD alone will judge you all.
Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by psucc(m): 6:45am On Feb 28, 2017
Oladimejyy:
Are you indirectly saying Gej administration is good
Well not actually. But for them to stick out GEJ is wrong.

He should admit he failed to lay the precedence when Nigeria came off the grip of military power.
Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by Nobody: 6:45am On Feb 28, 2017
True talk
Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by Ahmadgani(m): 6:46am On Feb 28, 2017
I heard that there is this strong weed grown only in abeokuta but what i dont real know is wether baba smokes that particular brand.

Obj has this negative anthics of trying so hard to get moral justification for all his undiserable actions, always looking for a scape goat.

Obj is a hypocrite right from his days in the army. He is a double faced cobra. Dont be suprise if he comes out to publicly support atiku's ambition in 2019
Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by Nobody: 6:47am On Feb 28, 2017
Na today. Next...
Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by ZombieKilla: 6:50am On Feb 28, 2017
Oladimejyy:
Baba you started it first but it doesn't concern me I just want my President to be well
That vegetable you are praying for is the chief reason Nigeria is in a mess today
U think God is stupid
U think God is tribalistic
How many innocent blood is on the hands of that vegetable
One thing is sure.... Karma will catch up to all evil doers
Only thing is TIME
Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by kinibigdeal(m): 6:51am On Feb 28, 2017
PMB is a good example! He failed Nigerians in 1983 and still living in the past in 2015. Those that voted for him must have had F9 in history
Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by Younghustler1: 6:52am On Feb 28, 2017
Generation of monumental failures
Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by ZombieKilla: 6:53am On Feb 28, 2017
madridguy:
GOD alone will judge you all.
You are not qualified to call God
You are a supporter of evil
Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by madridguy(m): 7:01am On Feb 28, 2017
How?

ZombieKilla:

You are not qualified to call God
You are a supporter of evil
Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by gbegemaster(m): 7:45am On Feb 28, 2017
Hmmmm. His generation must be phased out for Nigeria to move forward.
Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by gbegemaster(m): 7:47am On Feb 28, 2017
psucc:
Still , GEJ is blame.

IBB is blame. Abacha is also blame. You too is blame. Buhari is double blame because he rule double times. Is all blame for each and every of us. cheesy
Re: Obasanjo-my Generation Has Failed Nigeria by orunto27: 10:42am On Feb 28, 2017
Your Generation violated The Sanctity of our Traditional Rulers. You should have made them more relevant in The Land Use Decree. It's their Land as "Igba keji Orisa",second in command to God, the real Owner of all Lands and their Fullness, that you arrogated to FG and SGs.

(1) (Reply)

Reno Replies Amaechi: “rotimi Amaechi: Leave Trash For LAWMA” / How Governors, Senators, Others Stopped Magu / Dino Will Be Tribal Mark Soon.....oloola!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.