Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,848 members, 7,820,958 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features (25034 Views)

Lexus LS+ Concept, A Model Planned For An Introduction By 2020. / Volvo Promises 'DEATHPROOF' Cars By 2020 Using These Features / Car Quiz: Tell Us The Names Of These 8 Cars By Their Interior (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by tlops(m): 5:33pm On Feb 28, 2017
something for Innoson to emulate in order to remain in business.
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by kjhova(m): 5:34pm On Feb 28, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
Volvo promises deathproof cars by 2020

The world of automobiles is just gearing for to the impossible. These white engineers are really pushing themselves beyond the limit and come 2020, we will be witnessing a revolution in the automobile world. But for now, the hot gist around is that Volvo promises death proof cars by 2020. According to them these cars will have the highest security features ever installed in a car such that no one will be killed or seriously injured in a new Volvo car or SUV...

Your post made a alot of sense but for the bolded. I didn't know that Volvo Cars started profiling their engineers along racial lines. Or the original writer just didn't see the absurdity of "white engineers"?

1 Like

Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by kennyjam: 5:35pm On Feb 28, 2017
CeeJay9ja:
Not in Nigeria where witches will kill you even if you hit a banana tree

even if u jst hit one leaf.
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by akigbemaru: 5:35pm On Feb 28, 2017
Lane detection and human detection.
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by addikt(m): 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
What a beast!!!
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by Ijaya123: 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
InvertedHammer:

//
Oyibo will always be oyibo.

Meanwhile, Nigerian minister of technology is still figuring out how Nigeria can produce pencil by 2018.

//

What is the name of that minister abeg?
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by Enemyofpeace: 5:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
nextstep:
And people will still overspeed, drive too close, tap on their phones, ignore road and weather conditions. No matter the technology in your car, the laws of physics will not prevent accidents with careless drivers. angry
like lala
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by Enemyofpeace: 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2017
Ijaya123:

What is the name of that minister abeg?
lai Mohammed
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by CeeJay9ja(m): 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
kennyjam:

even if u jst hit one leaf.

I dey tell you grin
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
Innovative but they have their limits

When heart attack catch person for inside the motor, you don go be that unless your time never reach

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by emi14: 5:41pm On Feb 28, 2017
Vision 20-20
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by Jabioro: 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2017
Let it clearly be written on the body and manual guard " NOT MADE FOR NIGERIA " otherwise there be many errors in that tech.. I have said my own....
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by kennyjam: 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2017
CeeJay9ja:

I dey tell you grin

THAT CAR no go fit work everywhere for nigeria...... .......Unless them beg them bat.
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by curvilicious: 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2017
Which death be that?
Is it the type that have been killing pple or another one? angry

D engineers be like Nigerians not allowed

When it detects dangote truck and stop dangote truck too go stop? cry

I thot it'll have rebuff features to minimize impact tongue
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by Ijaya123: 5:43pm On Feb 28, 2017
Enemyofpeace:
lai Mohammed

Is Lai Mohammed the minister of Science and Technology?
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by Enemyofpeace: 5:47pm On Feb 28, 2017
Ijaya123:

Is Lai Mohammed the minister of Science and Technology?
sorry na slip of fingers, it's halimodu sheriff
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by Ijaya123: 5:52pm On Feb 28, 2017
Enemyofpeace:
sorry na slip of fingers, it's halimodu sheriff

Are you too ashamed to admit it that an Igbo man named Ogbonnaya Onu made that disgraceful statement?

I'm tempted to ask how old you are. So as to understand the the thinking behind your reasoning like this.
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by engrtao: 5:53pm On Feb 28, 2017
kennyjam:
Mechanical Engineers at it again. We make our workd movable.
There're only three faculties in every Higher institution "Faculty of Engineering, Medicine and Others"
There're only two departments in all higher institutions Dept. of Mech Engr. and Others.

God bless Mech. engineers!

God bless Others also!

Looks to me you just gained admission into the University.
I am happy you are quite passionate about your field of study.
I wish you the best of luck.

Oh, i am a proud Petroleum Engineer as well. I wouldn't agree with you on Mech. Engnr being the best. But i will leave it at that.

1 Like

Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by EazyMoh(m): 5:54pm On Feb 28, 2017
Why do you have to call them "white engineers"? This is very insulting! Am disappointed in you OP, thought you were professional.
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by Enemyofpeace: 5:55pm On Feb 28, 2017
Ijaya123:

Are you too ashamed to admit it that an Igbo man named Ogbonnaya Onu made that disgraceful statement?

I'm tempted to ask how old you are. So as to understand the the thinking behind your reasoning like this.
OK sorry, Na your brother talk am
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by curvilicious: 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
TheBlessedMAN:
Death proof cars? What about 'RECESSIONPROOF pockets?

If e plz lemme know i wan buy
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by tutudesz: 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
it should be tested against the like of Dangote trucks, petrol tankers and container truck to proof it can work in any location 1st.
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by curvilicious: 6:04pm On Feb 28, 2017
kennyjam:

THAT CAR no go fit work everywhere for nigeria...... .......Unless them beg them bat.

You say everywhere?
E no go work for anywhere
Once d driver close eye or get distracted na pple parlour him go land

1 Like

Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 28, 2017
Ijaya123:
Over the years, Volvo has been adjudged as the safest car in the world. If any vehicle manufacturer is going to achieve that feat, I will put my bet on Volvo

Very true! Esp the models manufactured in the 80s. when i knew that it was really true was when my mum hit a Peugeot 404 from behind with my dad's 1979 model Volvo 244GL way back in 1994...the impact forced the pickup to hit a Volkswagen Santana in front and both the Santana and pickup were severlly damaged but the volvo had just a minor scratch.

1 Like

Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by smartkester(m): 6:29pm On Feb 28, 2017
Deathproof.. See fools, so village people cannot kill You if you dey inside the car abi Abi heart attack no fit cash you inside the car wey fit kill you ba.. Deathproof ko Aliveproof ni
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by viktooh(m): 6:31pm On Feb 28, 2017
I go buy plenty
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 28, 2017
slurryeye:
When I see cruise control, lane keeping assistance, large animal detection, collision avoidance and pedestrians detection, I know the car is not meant for Nigerians at all. Any Nigerian that buys this car thinking he has bought deathproof car will likely die faster than someone riding a normal car. How can you have large animal detection or pedestrians detection when Fulani herdsmen roam Nigerian roads like it is their father property? How can you have collision avoidance when an average Nigerian driver is a madman/woman on the wheel? And how can you have cruise control or lane keeping assistance when potholes on Nigerian roads are big enough to swallow a car. Abeg Volvo develop special car specifically for Nigerian roads. I will suggest design like this
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by BecomeALandLord(m): 7:13pm On Feb 28, 2017
This is really nice
Kudos to Volvo
I've always known them to produce strong automobiles
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by geraob1: 7:16pm On Feb 28, 2017
kennyjam:
There're only three faculties in every Higher institution "Faculty of Engineering, Medicine and Others"
There're only two departments in all higher institutions Dept. of Mech Engr. and Others.

God bless Others also!
b

There is only 1 faculty: n DTS FINANCE... From which other survive
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by ottersberger(m): 7:37pm On Feb 28, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
Volvo promises deathproof cars by 2020

The world of automobiles is just gearing for to the impossible. These white engineers are really pushing themselves beyond the limit and come 2020, we will be witnessing a revolution in the automobile world. But for now, the hot gist around is that Volvo promises death proof cars by 2020. According to them these cars will have the highest security features ever installed in a car such that no one will be killed or seriously injured in a new Volvo car or SUV.

Ultimately, all these new technologies will be tied together to create a car that can, literally, drive itself.

Here’s a look at the features that, when combined together in one vehicle, will essentially make it crash proof.

1.Adaptive Cruise Control: Adaptive cruise control, which is already available on many new cars, uses radar and sometimes other sensors to detect vehicles on the road ahead. You set a maximum speed and your car maintains a safe following distance on its own, operating the gas and the brakes for you. Some systems like this only work at highway cruising speeds, but many can work even in stop-and-go traffic.

2.Auto lane keeping assist: Cameras detect lane lines and road edges, and the car steers itself to stay in its lane.

3.Collision avoidance: Radar, cameras or other sensors detect obstacles ahead and warn the driver. If the driver still doesn’t react, the car can apply the brakes automatically to avoid, or at least reduce, the impact of a crash. In the United States, auto safety regulators have found this technology particularly effective in reducing crashes.

4.Pedestrian detection: Cameras, including ones that can see in the dark, are programmed to detect human forms that might wander into the path of the car. Drivers can be alerted and again, the car can brake automatically.

5.Large animal detection: Hitting a cow is definitely bad for the animal but it’s also very bad for a car’s passengers. Volvo has created a system that can detect when a big animal is walking in front of your car, saving both you and the absent-minded animal.

6.All other existing features including airbags and seat belts would also be improved.

Sadly, it may take sometime before all these features can function in Nigeria. How will lane keep assist even work when our roads and highways are not properly demarcated?

https://autojosh.com/volvo-promises-deathproof-cars-by-2020/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by Godskidk(m): 7:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
kennyjam:

God bless Others also!

SMH!!!
Nigerian Mech. Engr students wey no fit couple a car? Guy stop decieving yourself. Afterall, no be only Mechanical engineers dey build car, elect/elect engrs and chemical engrs must be consulted
___Civil engeering student.
Re: Volvo Promises Deathproof Cars By 2020 Using These Features by kennyjam: 7:46pm On Feb 28, 2017
Godskidk:

SMH!!!
Nigerian Mech. Engr students wey no fit couple a car? Guy stop decieving yourself. Afterall, no be only Mechanical engineers dey build car, elect/elect engrs and chemical engrs must be consulted
Great MESA!!!!

person no dey joke with u.....but mech engr performs almost d core stuffs there.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rolls-Royce Sold A Record 5,152 Cars In 2019, The Highest Ever / Everything You Need To Know About Your Tyres (In Pictures) / Ideal Long Trip Tyre Pressure To Avoid Tyre Burst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.