Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria (18066 Views)

Most Populous Tribe In Africa (real Facts) / The main reasons Yoruba not enlisted as a tribe in Edo state / Beauty And The Neck! Meet The ‘giraffe’ Women Of Padaung Tribe In Burma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by YonkijiSappo: 4:20am On Apr 03, 2017
9jakool:

I don't rely on CIA world factbook that much because they are meant to give a general overview and nothing concrete. For example they said that Nigerians are 50% Muslim, 40% Christian and 10% traditional adherents. These are clear cut numbers they've been using since almost two decades ago that they haven't update. This is why I rely on Ethnologue-Nigeria, especially for maps.

I also like to use Joshua project Nigeria.
https://joshuaproject.net/countries/NI

They actually give a list of all the ethnic groups in Nigeria, the number and religious breakdown. It's amazing what they've documented. It maybe not perfect, but it's far reliable than our own census irregardless of the organization's objectives. They even have some recordings of the languages.

And what are the population of major ethnic groups in Nigeria according to Joshua project and Ethnologue smiley
Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by 9jakool: 4:59am On Apr 03, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

And what are the population of major ethnic groups in Nigeria according to Joshua project and Ethnologue smiley

I'm saying exactly what you are saying, I'm just providing more adequate evidence. The Yoruba population is larger in both. What I find fascinating is that Joshua project and ethnologue actually separated the Fulani population from the Hausa. The urban Hausa-speaking Torobe Fulani was separated from Hausa. In doing that, it showed that the number of ethnically Yoruba is significantly higher.
Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by RockHard: 6:55am On Apr 03, 2017
bigfrancis21:

This your analysis is flawed. You can't use the number of internet subscribers to rate a people's population. Also, who told you SE is the least populated zone in Nigeria? SE zone is the most densely populated area in Nigeria and probably west africa after Lagos, which we know is multi-ethnic and cosmopolitan. Third, about half of the Igbo population is based out of SE and swell up population figures of other states in Nigeria. Why do you think state of origin was removed from census forms but replaced instead with state of residence? The Igbos are an overwhelming majority in SE, up to 40% of Lagos population and make up substantial percentages of the population of other states. As of 1921, the census of southern Nigeria showed Igbo to be leading and Yorubas next. How Yorubas suddenly became a majority population overnight raises suspicion.

Funny you guys always have to go back all the way to 1921, to a reference that lumped ibibios,efiks and other minorities to ibos as your ONLY supposed proof. That's coz una no fit provide any single credible data, not one, to support your argument. Smh.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by lx3as(m): 8:20am On Apr 03, 2017
YonkijiSappo:
You are so funny. If Igbos are 40% of Lagos, the city won't have the same character it has today.
Because it would have become more or less an Igbo secondary city. Especially given that if the Yorubas are like 50% then the other tribes would be surely less than 10% ~ Impossible.
A 40% igbo population plus maybe a 10% south south populace will be dictating the policy and very nature of the city.

The truth is that there is no SW state where Igbo are up to 0.1% except in Lagos where they may be between 5 to 8 percent. There are more Ebira, Urhobo in Ondo/Ekiti than Igbo. They are not up to 8,000 in Ekiti.

The Igbo population are more pronounced because they sell in the markets.
Also, Yorubas tend to see everyone from southern part, Bini, Esan, Anang, etc. as Igbo.
Between 1/3 to 1/4 of Yoruba population now reside in Lagos e.g, Ekiti, Ijesa, Igbomina population in Lagos are more than those at home, not to talk about Ijebu, Egba, Ilaje, etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by AshiwajuFoward: 9:56am On Apr 03, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

lol I won't even argue this.
You might as well bring it up an extra 10% and say one of every two persons in Lagos is Igbo.

Ignore that clown. Out of the 57 LG and LCDAs in Lagos, Igbos have predominant presence in just about 4 or 5 (thanks mainly to their markets), they have just sprinkled and scanty presence alongside other non-Yorubas in the rest. Areas like Ajegunle, Festac/Olodi-Apapa, parts of Iba/Alaba, Aguda/Surulere, parts of Mushin (Ladipo area) and Oshodi-Isolo are where you find them in large concentration. That's about it. The remaining parts of Lagos are still solidly and predominantly Yoruba in composition.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by Jetleeee: 10:01am On Apr 03, 2017
Who even argues with this clown in 2017. Fam, if we start digging out this guy's nonsense posts ehn..

There is nothing I haven't read from this guy grin And he's usually sleek with his own bigotry lol.

I don't know if you guys have noticed it

The fact that he's still a mod shows there is something wrong

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by AshiwajuFoward: 10:02am On Apr 03, 2017
lx3as:

The truth is that there is no SW state where Igbo are up to 0.1% except in Lagos where they may be between 5 to 8 percent. There are more Ebira, Urhobo in Ondo/Ekiti than Igbo. They are not up to 8,000 in Ekiti.

The Igbo population are more pronounced because they sell in the markets.
Also, Yorubas tend to see everyone from southern part, Bini, Esan, Anang, etc. as Igbo.
Between 1/3 to 1/4 of Yoruba population now reside in Lagos e.g, Ekiti, Ijesa, Igbomina population in Lagos are more than those at home, not to talk about Ijebu, Egba, Ilaje, etc.

You just spoke the koko bro. The non-indigenous Lagos Yoruba component in Lagos supersedes any other non-Yoruba component in the state. The Igbos erroneously assume that they're the only non-Yorubas in Lagos when Edos, non-Igbo Niger-Deltans and other Northerners including Hausas combined outnumber them sef.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 6:06pm On Apr 03, 2017
RockHard:
Outside perhaps Lagos which is actually a potpourri of ethnicities, nowhere else outside Igboland and maybe Delta state do Igbos have populations as much as a million. #Fact

Fayose once said publicly said there are close to 30,000 igbos in Ekiti (the smallest state in the SW), they can't be more than 30,000 -50,000 max or thereabout in Osun (if not lesser), maybe anywhere between 30,000 - 50,000 (max) of them in each of the remaining Ondo, Oyo, Ogun, and Kwara states as well. These are states that have an estimated total population of between 3 - 10million each. Altogether they are most definitely far from being up to 1-million of them residing in the SW states outside Lagos (yes, I know they like throwing around 'millions' here and there but that's just them doing their usual unsubstantiated chest-beating). I laughed when I once read about some igbos in Benue who said they are a marginalized minority in the state, yet they claimed to be more than a million in population in Benue. cheesy. Abeg if they are that many in Benue where would that leave the Tivs, Idomas and other major natives of the state? cheesy What is the overall population of Benue? Na just their usual penchant for throwing around 'millions'. cheesy

Now, I don't know about their population in the Northern states put together but it certainly can't be more than probably 1-million max.

Apart from south east states, states with atleast a million Igbos are Lagos, Delta and Rivers state. Btw, having 30k population in a state that has a little over 1 million people is not beans. Now, compare with the population of Yorubas in non Yoruba states.

I thinkk this thread is one of those threads where we just entertain ourselves with. One thing i actually believe is that Hausa is not the most populous ethnicity is Nigeria because in most censors, tehy're always merged with the Fulanis. I think it's between Igbos and Yorubas but considering the population of Igbos outside their native land, im more inclined to give it to them.

4 Likes

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 6:13pm On Apr 03, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

How can Ikwerre constitute over half of Rivers state? Are you familiar with the demographics of rivers state at all?
Rivers state has Igbos, Ogonis, and Ijaws as majority groups. With smaller groups accross the state as well as Immigrant groups such as Ibibios, Yorubas, Hausas, Urhobos, Edos, Middle belt tribes etc

This was the 2011 estimated population of each of those LGAs

PHLGA - 638,360
Obio Akpor - 548,030

(Mind You, PHLGA and Obio Akpor is a Potpourri of South South tribes and various other groups from accross Nigeria, but I will give Igbos 100% there for the sake of argument)

Oyigbo - 148,560

Opubo-Nkoro is not an Igbo Local government but mixed. But let me give it to you

Opobo-Nkoro - 181,150

Andoni is not an Igbo LGA, and i won't give you that.

Bonny is an Ijaw LGA with some Igbo elements - I will once again give you that

Bonny - 254,000
Ogba-Egbema-Ndoni - 335,790
Ikwerre - 223,940
Etche - 296,250
Omumma - 118,990

TOTAL = 2,745,070

Out of an estimated 2011 Rivers population of 6,162,100

How in the world is a 44.5% a majority? even with all the LG additions I did and the assumtion that PHLGA and Obio are 100% Igbo.
Mind you, in reality, the Igbo population of rivers would be closer to 2.1million or 34.5%, (I added Emohua for u. An Ikweere LGA that you didn't include among the igbo lgas). A similar proportion to their share of population in Delta state.

This number is around the same population of Yorubas in Kwara.
Dude, i don't know what you're on about but if we're to consider Igboid groups such as Ikwerre and their likes as part of the Igbo population, they can't be anything less than 60% of the state. Apart from Ikwerres that are the majority in Rivers state, you have groups such as Etche and Omuma. You also have ONELGA made up of Ogba, Ndoni and Egbema people. Let's not forget the Ndokis. Btw, i'm not eve adding Ekpeye or those places with a mix of Igbo and Ijaw (Bonny/Opobo etc).

In Delta state, the indegenous Igbo population is usually pegged at 25-30%. Then when we add the igbos from east of the Niger who have emigrated to places like Asaba, Warri, Sapele, Agbor etc, we can safely say they makeup about 35% of the population of Delta state. That's been fair imo.

In Lagos, it depends on which census figure you choose to use. But Igbos are a very visible minority in Lagos. After the Yorubas they makeup nothing less than 15-25% of the population which is impressive for people who are not indegenous to the place.

Apart from these places, the other places with large Igbo population is kano and Kaduna. I don't think they're up to a million in these places but they have an impressive representation numbering hundreds of thousand especially in kano where a particular part of the town is designated for them.

in other states of the federation we can peg them at 50,000 on the average.

3 Likes

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by YonkijiSappo: 6:19pm On Apr 03, 2017
Afam4eva:

Dude, i don't know what you're on about but if we're to consider Igboid groups such as Ikwerre and their likes as part of the Igbo population, they can't be anything less than 60% of the state. Apart from Ikwerres that are the majority in Rivers state, you have groups such as Etche and Omuma. You also have ONELGA made up of Ogba, Ndoni and Egbema people. Let's not forget the Ndokis. Btw, i'm not eve adding Ekpeye or those places with a mix of Igbo and Ijaw (Bonny/Opobo etc).

In Delta state, the indegenous Igbo population is usually pegged at 25-30%. Then when we add the igbos from east of the Niger who have emigrated to places like Asaba, Warri, Sapele, Agbor etc, we can safely say they makeup about 35% of the population of Delta state. That's been fair imo.

In Lagos, it depends on which census figure you choose to use. But Igbos are a very visible minority in Lagos. After the Yorubas they makeup nothing less than 15-25% of the population which is impressive for people who are not indegenous to the place.

Don't shout at me, direct your grievances at the Rivers state census board. You saw the population of all the Local governments in Rivers clearly, and how the figures were arrived at. All these ones you're doing is "mouth making".
You clearly saw all the Ikwerre LGs, Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni, Omumma, Etche etc in the figures, or didn't you?

Except of course, the census carried out in Rivers was a big farce, and tiny empty swampy pieces of land in the coastal half of rivers have all been swelled with imaginary populations. I always knew rivers was nowhere close to Oyo in population...contrary to what our census was telling us. We can both agree on that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 6:20pm On Apr 03, 2017
RockHard:

Bro, no one is doubting that igbos are in different parts of Nigeria, the contention is how many are they in those places. I just gave you an estimated breakdown of their numbers in the SW for example. Often times they may not even number up to 10,000 sef in many cases but are usually visible due to their trading activities. They often gather for their customary meetings wherever you find them and in such cases they usually don't number up to a hundred let alone a thousand. Bottomline is that they exaggerate their population outside their SE base.

I liken it to the false perception that most Nigerians have about dstv for instance. A lot of people would probably be shocked to realize that the cable company has just a paltry 1.5-miion total subscribers in Nigeria (out of close to 200-million folks, even though it generally seems like half of the Nigerian population are subscribers of the service by now. In a nutshell, perception doesn't always equal reality.
Between hausas and Igbos, who do you think is more visible due to their trading activities? Forget the fact that when you find yourself in any major market in Nigeria, you have areas dominated by Igbos. Those are just traders. Let's not forget the Igbos who integrate into the community and are not visible. They go to the same churches and schools that everyone goes to. They live in 3 bedroom flats in every major cities in the country. Their names might be henry or Joseph or Mary instead of Uche or Ngozi. You don't have Hausas as cosmopolitan as that.

3 Likes

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 6:30pm On Apr 03, 2017
bigfrancis21:

The 40% estimated population is just about right. You can deny that all day but the reality of Lagos points to that up to the extent that Oba Rilwan was scared that the Igbo population could vote in the PDP candidate, Agbaje, against the Yoruba preferred candidate. Yes it's that real.

Igbos being in Lagos political power or not does not negate their population in Lagos. Just as it is in other Nigerian states, the power of the state lies in some select group of people.

I think a 40% population is stretching it to far. yes, Igbos are very relevant in Lagos as far as population is concerned. But i will think thaat Yorubas makeup atleast 50% of the population, leaving the remaining half to other groups to share, so i'll peg the Igbo population to be something around 20-25% leaving the remaining half for the Hausas and other minority tribes to share.

1 Like

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by YungMillionaire: 11:55pm On Apr 03, 2017
bigfrancis21:

This your analysis is flawed. You can't use the number of internet subscribers to rate a people's population. Also, who told you SE is the least populated zone in Nigeria? SE zone is the most densely populated area in Nigeria and probably west africa after Lagos, which we know is multi-ethnic and cosmopolitan. Third, about half of the Igbo population is based out of SE and swell up population figures of other states in Nigeria. Why do you think state of origin was removed from census forms but replaced instead with state of residence? The Igbos are an overwhelming majority in SE, up to 40% of Lagos population and make up substantial percentages of the population of other states. As of 1921, the census of southern Nigeria showed Igbo to be leading and Yorubas next. How Yorubas suddenly became a majority population overnight raises suspicion.

40%!!!! Jesus Christ - BigFrances you are full of shyte mehn. WTF...even 15% is too much

1 Like

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by pazienza(m): 12:52am On Apr 04, 2017
How exactly did I miss out on this thread.
Nawao! Unu asirodi ka unu tagia m?
Chai!

5 Likes

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by pazienza(m): 12:55am On Apr 04, 2017
Of course, Igbos are more populous than Yorubas. Every non politicized ethnic group estimation done by the British showed that.

Unless the Yorubas expected that their genocidal intent on us during the Biafran war had given then the upper hand, which it didn't, as Ndiigbo had since replaced the children lost during the war immediately post war, then I see no need for this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/3400415/1931-population-figures-nigerian-ethnic

4 Likes

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by Probz(m): 1:38am On Apr 04, 2017
pazienza:
Of course, Igbos are more populous than Yorubas. Every non politicized ethnic group estimation done by the British showed that.

Unless the Yorubas expected that their genocidal intent on us during the Biafran war had given then the upper hand, which it didn't, as Ndiigbo had since replaced the children lost during the war immediately post war, then I see no need for this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/3400415/1931-population-figures-nigerian-ethnic
Except for here in the UK. You'll think you're in Ibadan in certain parts of south London. Peckham na Ijebu central.
Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by Coolitempq: 2:47am On Apr 04, 2017
Sammy07:
So the whole south east ( Anambra, imo, enugu, abia, ebonyi ) = 15, 431, 555

south west (Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Oyo, ogun, Lagos )
= 25, 221, 332

and their are significant igbos in South south....
also their are significant Yoruba in North

and also in South West states,,, their are 10-15 % of igbos in South West .. in each state of South West ( they aren't upto that, it's just assumption)
in the north igbos are not up to 5%

Also their are 20 - 25%of Yoruba in Kaduna and Kano each ...

Now do the calculation
is it not funny that you count Lagos and Ibadan population entirely as Yoruba population, even when you say that the population of Igbo alone in Ibadan that of 3 states in the South east, going by your analogy let's assume the 3 states are 3.5 mil add it to 15 mil plus Igbo population in Lagos, let's assume that is 1 mil let's also say the collective population of the Igbo's in the other 4 SW state is 1mil when you deduct these figures from the SW and add to the SE what do you think the out come will be, it is a very expensive joke to think any tribe is more populated than the Igbo's.

Even pre independent census which were more credible had always suggested Igbo's to have more population than any other group in the country, let's stop being tribalist and be objective, I have been to towns and cities in some states where the indigenes have never met a Yoruba person, that can never be said for the Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by Probz(m): 4:13pm On May 24, 2017
AkinPhysicist:
Ibos are the smallest of the 3 major tribes. Yorubas are the majority. Then Hausa. Then Igbo. Than Fulani.

That's actually nonsense when the Hausa population's been recently put at 25 million.
Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by Probz(m): 11:52pm On Oct 06, 2018
Bump. Bearing in mind that the real Hausa population (Fulani excluded) has been established around the order of 25 million.

2 Likes

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by scholes0(m): 6:09am On Oct 07, 2018
Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by Shegzy8(m): 1:24pm On Oct 09, 2018
bigfrancis21:

Just shut up and stop bloating figures...40% in Lagos? Nawa ooo..the what's the percentage of Yoruba and other ethnic groups in Nigeria.
You guys love to inflate,your population in osun,ondo,ekiti Oyo isn't up to 200,000...if you claim to have 40% of Lagos population the the Yoruba's would have 70% which is clearly more than 100%, what about other ethnic groups like the Hausa's...your population isn't up to or more than a million in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by Shegzy8(m): 1:34pm On Oct 09, 2018
Afam4eva:

Apart from these places, the other places with large Igbo population is kano and Kaduna. I don't think they're up to a million in these places but they have an impressive representation numbering hundreds of thousand especially in kano where a particular part of the town is designated for them.

in other states of the federation we can peg them at 50,000 on the average.

My brother, I can boldly say the Igbo's can't be more than 10-15% in Lagos while other tribes holds anther 20%, the Yoruba's hold like non-indigene Yoruba's 30% and the indigenes 30%-35%..I'm an indigene of Lagos but schooled and osun and still there presently, I can tell you the population of Igbo's in other sw states is soooo tiny..they are in osun but almost nonexistent like they claim they are.

The can't be up to or a little more than 30,000 and fayose once said we have about 30,000 Igbo's in ekiti..I don't know if you are Igbo or not but some of your Kin's men exaggerate so much

1 Like

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by Shegzy8(m): 1:42pm On Oct 09, 2018
Coolitempq:
is it not funny that you count Lagos and Ibadan population entirely as Yoruba population, even when you say that the population of Igbo alone in Ibadan that of 3 states in the South east, going by your analogy let's assume the 3 states are 3.5 mil add it to 15 mil plus Igbo population in Lagos, let's assume that is 1 mil let's also say the collective population of the Igbo's in the other 4 SW state is 1mil when you deduct these figures from the SW and add to the SE what do you think the out come will be, it is a very expensive joke to think any tribe is more populated than the Igbo's.

Even pre independent census which were more credible had always suggested Igbo's to have more population than any other group in the country, let's stop being tribalist and be objective, I have been to towns and cities in some states where the indigenes have never met a Yoruba person, that can never be said for the Igbo.

I still don't understand you...are you trying to say the population of Igbo's in Lagos is 15mil?
Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by SlayerForever: 11:42pm On Oct 10, 2018
Hm! Interesting. I won't bother arguing which group has the highest population amongst the 3. However, when some people come and say the Igbo people in Lagos are about 10-15%,is that person being ignorant, mischievous, tribalistic or just silly?! Like seriously? 15%. That's a joke. The Igbo people in Lagos are so many! Gosh it's unbelievable. They are every where! Damn. What is 15%? Mhen,I put them at an impressive 40% or thereabouts.

P.S: Anyone who stays in Lagos and is honest won't even scratch his head to come up with that 40% estimate.

1 Like

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by bigfrancis21: 10:26pm On Oct 11, 2018
SlayerForever:
Hm! Interesting. I won't bother arguing which group has the highest population amongst the 3. However, when some people come and say the Igbo people in Lagos are about 10-15%,is that person being ignorant, mischievous, tribalistic or just silly?! Like seriously? 15%. That's a joke. The Igbo people in Lagos are so many! Gosh it's unbelievable. They are every where! Damn. What is 15%? Mhen,I put them at an impressive 40% or thereabouts.

P.S: Anyone who stays in Lagos and is honest won't even scratch his head to come up with that 40% estimate.

Lol, I didn't even bother responding to him. Nairaland is really where people come to deny reality and live out their fantasies.

2 Likes

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by scholes0(m): 12:51am On Oct 12, 2018
bigfrancis21:

Lol, I didn't even bother responding to him. Nairaland is really where people come to deny reality and live out their fantasies.

lol, he is right. If Igbos are 40% in Lags, they would be able to join votes with a Niger Delta population of Maybe (10%?) plus willing Yoruba tools to topple any opposition and beat a Yoruba in the APC to the Governorship position.
You and i know that is a far cry.

Lagos would have a very different macro-climate all together if it were 40% Igbo, cos lets assume another 5% are Efik-Ibibio-Anang, 4% are Ijaw, 1% are Isoko, 1% are southern idoma, another 4% all the other tribes that might be "igbo" to an average Yoruba (Ogoni, Cross river tribes bla bla), that is already a whooping more than half of Lagos being "Igbo".

Lagos is around 23-25% Igbo in my unbiased opinion, which is more than reflective, cos that is 1 in every 4 lagosian without yet taking into consideration Yorubas, the SS, the MB, the Northerners and all these Togolese, Ghanaians and Egun peeps from Benin. cheesy. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

1 Like

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by bigfrancis21: 2:17am On Oct 12, 2018
scholes0:

lol, he is right. If Igbos are 40% in Lags, they would be able to join votes with a Niger Delta population of Maybe (10%?) plus willing Yoruba tools to topple any opposition and beat a Yoruba in the APC to the Governorship position.
You and i know that is a far cry.

Lagos would have a very different macro-climate all together if it were 40% Igbo, cos lets assume another 5% are Efik-Ibibio-Anang, 4% are Ijaw, 1% are Isoko, 1% are southern idoma, another 4% all the other tribes that might be "igbo" to an average Yoruba (Ogoni, Cross river tribes bla bla), that is already a whooping more than half of Lagos being "Igbo".

Lagos is around 23-25% Igbo in my unbiased opinion, which is more than reflective, cos that is 1 in every 4 lagosian without yet taking into consideration Yorubas, the SS, the MB, the Northerners and all these Togolese, Ghanaians and Egun peeps from Benin. cheesy. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

Anywhere between 30% to 45% is more like it. Take it or leave it. cool

2 Likes

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by FisifunKododada: 3:07am On Oct 12, 2018
bigfrancis21:

Olodo - 25 % is too much sef in my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by bigfrancis21: 3:28am On Oct 12, 2018
FisifunKododada:

Sisiekoorioda....longest time ma....how market? cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by Shegzy8(m): 6:33am On Oct 12, 2018
FisifunKododada:

You just spoke my mind...they aren't more than 15%..how can they say 40%% plus other tribes and other foreigners who aren't Yoruba's then Yoruba's have just 30 to 35% niyen lol...they just bloat figures anywhere....the indigenes yoruba are like 20-25% while the none indigenes Yoruba are like 40%..then other groups like the Hausa's, Igbo's, idomas,igbirra, etc also other non-nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Populous Tribe In Nigeria by scholes0(m): 11:39am On Oct 12, 2018
bigfrancis21:

Lol ... talking from someone who has never lived in Lagos for any extended period of time, i’ll rather ‘leave it” cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Igbo And Yoruba Marriages? / New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift / PHOTOS: Sultan Of Sokoto And Emir Of Kano At Uniabuja’s Convocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.