Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki (20508 Views)

Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed / "Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa Targeted At Nigerian Criminals"—Thabo Mbeki / How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by omenkaLives(m): 7:42am On Mar 01, 2017
Former South Africa’s president, Thabo Mbeki, on Monday, condemned the anti-immigrant protest march which was preceded by attacks on foreign nationals in different parts of the country.

“I must express my grave concern at events which took place in this city last week, in the context of what was reported as an anti-immigrant march. In that context, I want to say ‘thank you’ to Ringo Madlingozi for what he said in the songs he rendered,” Mbeki said.

“As South Africans, we should never forget the enormous sacrifices that were made by the sister people of Africa to help us achieve our liberation. We cannot now behave in a manner that treats fellow Africans, who are now residents in our country, as enemies or unwelcome guests, neither should we commit the offence of viewing or characterising African migrants in our country as criminals.”

Mbeki said communities must report criminal activities to police and avoid taking the law into their own hands.

“When our communities discover or suspect criminal activities in their areas, regardless of the nationality of the alleged criminals, it must be reported to the [South African] Police Service. The police service itself has an absolute obligation to follow up on these community reports to avoid people taking the law into their own hands,” said Mbeki.

“All of us know that our country faces many socioeconomic challenges such as poverty and unemployment. Not even one of these problems can or will be solved by attacking fellow Africans who have joined us as migrants. Those who organise and participate in these attacks, which must stop, must know that there is absolutely nothing revolutionary, progressive, patriotic, acceptable or of service to the people in what are, in fact, criminal activities.”

http://tribuneonlineng.com/xenophobia-not-ungrateful-helped-us-%e2%80%95-mbeki/

Cc:Lalasticlala, Mynd44

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by yeyeboi(m): 7:45am On Mar 01, 2017
Ok, FTC on this one grin

Modified

I am really disappointed at South Africa's so I have nothing to say but I am sure the person below me as something to say

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by SweetBoyFriend(m): 7:49am On Mar 01, 2017
He's the only wise person in South Africa

Nigeria paid a major role in stopping Apartheid in South Africa, the freedom they enjoy today

They are still enslaved by the whites who still own and run South Africa but you won't see them protesting against the whites

You don't see them killing the whites who locked up Nelson Mandela for 18 years

And these people are something else, they don't wanna work, they would rather go clubbing and partying, at the end of the day they would get mad at Nigerians for taking their work and women

We gave life to South Africans and Ghanaians but you don't see Ghanaians disrespecting us

I blame the Nigerian leaders

What in the hell would make a Nigerian citizen wanna go to South Africa ??We're not the elephant of Africa for no reason

107 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 7:50am On Mar 01, 2017
kiss MISSPERFECT28 kiss
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 01, 2017
True talk

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by summerflame(m): 7:50am On Mar 01, 2017
Nice said

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by lonelydora: 7:51am On Mar 01, 2017
I just wish we could turn back the hands of time.

Stewpid people who couldn't stand the whites when they were taking their lands.

Zulus are as stewpid as the name sounds.

Meanwhile,

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by tchimatic(m): 7:51am On Mar 01, 2017
Don't worry sir, we won't help you again.

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by Oladelson(m): 7:51am On Mar 01, 2017
the truth about this is that its not really the fault of the south Africans;

if our leaders can be so knowledgeable to equip my beloved country NIGERIA, i see no reason why a country like dat show have power over us!

#DONT_BITE_THE_FINGER_THAT_FED_YOU
i agree wid him olohun

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by sylviaeo(f): 7:51am On Mar 01, 2017
If he speaks from his heart, Dats good
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by allytinted: 7:51am On Mar 01, 2017
Tell Them
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by 989900: 7:51am On Mar 01, 2017
Zuma is a m0ron.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by lifezone247(m): 7:52am On Mar 01, 2017
South African police service? Wow nice one, for my country Nigeria it's called police force. That's why everything na by force for my country police. SMH. undecided undecided

17 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by Hades2016(m): 7:53am On Mar 01, 2017
Tell them ...
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by autotrader014(m): 7:53am On Mar 01, 2017
yeyeboi:
Ok, FTC on this one grin
Ewu, grow up. Am sure u didn't read it
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 01, 2017
Gentle man's language
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by Graccccccccy(f): 7:53am On Mar 01, 2017
One sensible person sighted.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by phatasschick(f): 7:54am On Mar 01, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by hungryboy(m): 7:54am On Mar 01, 2017
If there is one thing i have learnt in life
It's that gratitude has a short lifespan
I blame the poor leaders we have had in this country since 1960 for all this
If all the money looted by our leaders since 1960 was used in developing this country

Nigerians will be visiting South Africa only for vacation not as immigrants

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by samtee37(m): 7:54am On Mar 01, 2017
It's well.... ... Happy new month nairalanders

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by kalemy(m): 7:54am On Mar 01, 2017
finaly the only person is SA that have sense has spoken
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by Vizzim: 7:54am On Mar 01, 2017
Simply put it. We shouldn't be ungrateful to Nigerians. Whc one is Sister Africa

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by OKorowanta: 7:54am On Mar 01, 2017
Who commits crime more than Jamaicans,South Africans,Colombians,Mexicans?
Dem dey rili dey mad!
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by Hoodfriend(m): 7:55am On Mar 01, 2017
It's funny how quick this illiterate Zulu dawg forget how my late uncle lost his arm just because he was part of the delegated soldiers that were sent there for peace keeping, during the apartheid era

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by ochiosa(m): 7:55am On Mar 01, 2017
Don't mind your unemployable and ungrateful brothers who refuse to develop themselves.
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by SeniorZato(m): 7:56am On Mar 01, 2017
Those perpetrating the crime are youths that dont have any idea on how south Africa came into existence. Thats why am of the view that, history should be made compulsory for students at all level of studies

5 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by Rexnegro(m): 7:56am On Mar 01, 2017
only two south Africans get sense...the lady on Facebook And now mbeki...still counting Though. let see if zuma with head like zuma rock in abuja go get sense too.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by deliveryboy: 7:57am On Mar 01, 2017
It all started when Mandela told Nigeria he could not guarantee Nigeria's super eagles' safety during the nations cup hosted in South Africa, that statement ignited the row between Nigeria and SA
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by Lanretoye(m): 8:00am On Mar 01, 2017
make I read first

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by kingthreat(m): 8:01am On Mar 01, 2017
Good one Thabo Mbeki. Remind those Uquomoti drinking lazy South Africans that millions of dollars came from Nigeria to give them their freedom else no black man would have ruled South Africa by now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by mccoy47(m): 8:01am On Mar 01, 2017
deliveryboy:
It all started when Mandela told Nigeria he could not guarantee Nigeria's super eagles' safety during the nations cup hosted in South Africa, that statement ignited the row between Nigeria and SA

Seriously? shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Biden Condems Hamas Attack On Israel, Pledges Support For Israel / Saudi Arabia And Its New Found Hypocrisy / Japan Raises Age Of Consent From 13 To 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.