Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,743 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed (55816 Views)

Top Gabonese Government Officials Stand Under Rain To See Their President Off / Xenophobia: South African Has Gone A Step Futher To Sack Foreign Medical Workers / Xenophobia: South African President Blasted For "Catching Cruise" On National TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by GboltNG: 3:48pm On Sep 15, 2019
The South African government are now begging Zimbabweans to forgive them over the recent xenophobic attacks on foreign nationals in their country, Igbere TV reports.

This comes barely 24 hours after the country’s President, Cyril Ramaphosa, was booed by a crowd of Zimbabwe mourners at the funeral service of Robert Mugabe over the attacks.

“I stand before you as a fellow African to express my regret and apologise for what has happened in our country,” Ramaphosa had said while apologizing for the development in his condolence speech at the Zimbabwe National Sports Stadium.

In a show of remorse for the attacks in their country and resultant reprisals, South Africans have staged a peace walk and asked for forgiveness from other African nations.

Photos and footage in circulation on social media, obtained by Igbere TV, show thousands of South Africans marching in parts of the country to call for an end to attacks on foreign nationals.

The march is coming after hundreds of foreign nationals – including Nigerians and Zimbabweans – were forced to leave the country over the recent xenophobic attacks.

Meanwhile, following the humiliation he suffered at the hands of Zimbabweans during Mugabe’s funeral on Satruday, Ramaphosa has now taken steps to address the negative image the citizens of other countries currently have about South Africa.

A statement published on the official website of South Africa’s presidency on Sunday said Ramaphosa has appointed a special envoy to heads of African governments to convey his regret concerning the widely condemned attacks.

The statement obtained by Igbere TV, read;

“A team of Special Envoys appointed by President Cyril Ramaphosa have begun their assignment yesterday, 14 September 2019, and departed South Africa to deliver messages of solidarity to several Heads of State and Government across Africa,” the statement said.

“The team, comprising of Mr Jeff Radebe, Ambassador Kingsley Mmabolo and Dr. Khulu Mbatha, will visit Nigeria, Niger, Ghana, Senegal, Tanzania, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Zambia.

“The Special Envoys will deliver a message from President Ramaphosa regarding the incidents of violence that recently erupted in some parts South Africa, which have manifested in attacks on foreign nationals and destruction of property.

“The Special Envoys are tasked with reassuring fellow African countries that South Africa is committed to the ideals of pan-African unity and solidarity. The Special Envoys will also reaffirm South Africa’s commitment to the rule of law.

“The Special Envoys will brief governments in the identified African countries about the steps that the South African government is taking to bring a stop to the attacks and to hold the perpetrators to account.”

http://igberetvnews.com/993856/xenophobia-please-forgive-us-south-africa-begs-zimbabwe/

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by GboltNG: 3:48pm On Sep 15, 2019
Lalasticlala

Seun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Tobinrobin(m): 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2019
Campaign after election. You don’t know the extent of the damages the xenophobic attacks perpetrated by your people have gone. Sending Envoys won’t solve anything. You guys are now on your own. I just wish our government could do what’s necessary , stop been greedy and make this country work. Why would people need to go to South Africa �� for greener pastures? It’s so sad

321 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by udoka2013: 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2019
Medicine after death.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by chariisGRACE(m): 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2019
Wadume!

Mr. Ramaphosa,

"Sorry" will do nothing in this case.
Compensate the victims in Southy, then call your lazy Youths to order.

I am just tired.

130 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 15, 2019
Medicine after death.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by iluvdonjazzy: 4:03pm On Sep 15, 2019
Africans unite against xenophobic. una never see anything yet.

I TOLD YOU NOT TO WORRY THAT I WILL DEAL WITH THEM.

20 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by AgencyReport: 4:04pm On Sep 15, 2019
Yeye dey smell

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by kayusely70(m): 4:12pm On Sep 15, 2019
Belated and fruitless exercise

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 4:33pm On Sep 15, 2019
These household items needed at clearance sales

Click on the link

https://www.nairaland.com/5412720/urgent-urgent-urgent-contains-images#82254834
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by snitchbitch: 4:50pm On Sep 15, 2019
the people of south Africa are like the stiff necked people of Israel who were held captive and under bondage by Pharaoh, what then is the difference between them and the whites that did apartheid for them in the first place, I hope Mandela won't be happy about this in his grave!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by josephine123: 5:00pm On Sep 15, 2019
Shame on them
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by ikdaddy01(m): 5:01pm On Sep 15, 2019
What do they want us to do?
They sat in their offices and watched their citizens kill foreigners, loot their shops, burnt their properties....
The dead are dead.
Will you hold memorial for them and national mourning?
Will you pay compensation for the loses?
What about the trauma?
Make we de watch

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 15, 2019
SA will go down for those attacks.
Many countries will cut ties with them soon, even non African countries.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by sparog(m): 5:40pm On Sep 15, 2019
Way to go

grin

But this won't still stop the illiterate folks from carrying out another attack when they feel like

6 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by SolexxBarry(m): 5:48pm On Sep 15, 2019
This is just the beginning,no amount of apologies can bring back the lives of the innocent souls that were lost

24 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by prince2pac(m): 6:07pm On Sep 15, 2019
Medicine after death for Mr Zulu Ramaphosa

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Ailynn97: 6:48pm On Sep 15, 2019
REASONS WHY YOU NEED A WEBSITE shocked cool

HELPS YOUR BUSINESS GOES GLOBAL (ONLINE FOR WORLD WIDE TO SEE ) !! shocked cool shocked

wink shocked cool

YOU GET MORE JOBS INVITATION FROM PEOPLE OUTSIDE YOUR RURAL AREA

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by helinues: 6:52pm On Sep 15, 2019
Have you begged the Ghanaians also?

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:55pm On Sep 15, 2019
Tobinrobin:
Campaign after election. You don’t know the extent of the damages the xenophobic attacks perpetrated by your people have gone. Sending Envoys won’t solve anything. You guys are now on your own. I just wish our government could do what’s necessary , stop been greedy and make this country work. Why would people need to go to South Africa �� for greener pastures? It’s so sad

No man is an island!!!

Their actions will have a negative effect on their economy!!!

Taking lives is never a solution!!!

If I were an African president, they will learn bitterly from this experience!!!

30 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by shadrama(m): 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2019
i smell trap. they want to lure them back then burn them alive for booing their pres. make thunder fire all of them, apology not accepted.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by ZombieTAMER: 7:15pm On Sep 15, 2019
Apology after taking people's lives...

It's better to eat your apology

10 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Penaldo: 7:26pm On Sep 15, 2019
He is insane

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by orisa37: 8:08pm On Sep 15, 2019
iluvdonjazzy:

Who is on Top? Xenophobia?
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by orisa37: 8:11pm On Sep 15, 2019
iluvdonjazzy:

Very funny. You want to kill him?

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by orisa37: 8:16pm On Sep 15, 2019
iluvdonjazzy:

Sweet are the memories of Mugabe. And he predicted all these.

6 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by orisa37: 8:28pm On Sep 15, 2019
iluvdonjazzy:

Obasanjo is the greatest African that has ever lived. Mandela Nyerere and Mugabe acknowledged this. God bless Nkruma,, Mandela, Nyerere, Mugabe and Obasanjo for Africa.

13 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by DSoj(m): 8:54pm On Sep 15, 2019
Useless man. He kept quiet throughout the violence.
He watched everything go down for a full week, now he's sending yeye envoy to apologize.
Apology without compensation for victims is RUBBISH

They'll apologize this year but it'll happen again next year like an annual evil festival.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by JubrinElSudan: 9:48pm On Sep 15, 2019
He sent special envoys? Lol
Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Gadafii: 10:02pm On Sep 15, 2019
Howfar when those special envoy dey enter naija,we wan greet them "specially"

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed by Sofistcatdmoron: 10:10pm On Sep 15, 2019
xenophosa

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

King Khoisan Arrested For Growing Cannibas In South Africa (Photos) / President Trump Gets Censored On Twitter For His Tweet Threatening Americans / US Capitol: Police Arrest Man Who Sat On House Speaker, Nancy Pelosi's Desk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.