Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,198 members, 7,839,081 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Why Do Our Embassies Issue A Different Passport Number Anytime You Renew? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Our Embassies Issue A Different Passport Number Anytime You Renew? (522 Views)

Guns Of President Buhari's Guards Of Honor Checked Anytime He Arrives (Photos) / Nigerian Embassies Facing Threats From Host Countries —senate / FG Gazettes IPOB Ban, To Write Banks, Embassies, Foreign Missions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Our Embassies Issue A Different Passport Number Anytime You Renew? by izombie(m): 3:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
I just renewed my passport at our consulate in johannesburg and i was issued a passport with a different passport number although they stamped on one of the pages that i was formally using a passport with the passport number of the one that expired.
Now wouldn't it have been easier to issue me a new passport that has the same passport number as the old one? Do they change the numbers for security reasons or what? Today i went to my bank to have my details updated to that of the new passport but they asked to see the old passport first to confirm. A lot of my documents have the old passport number on it, does it mean that i have to change the passport number on my documents? I just don't understand.

(1) (Reply)

Why Tinubu Can Not Run In 2019 / The Presidency takes a strategic approach towards improving Aba made goods / 2017 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.