Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Sir ABUBAKAR TAFAWA: Oh How Times Have Changed; When Life Was Less Complex - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sir ABUBAKAR TAFAWA: Oh How Times Have Changed; When Life Was Less Complex (2400 Views)

Kwankwaso’s Greatest Mistake In Life Was Installing Ganduje As Governor – Aide / Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos / The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sir ABUBAKAR TAFAWA: Oh How Times Have Changed; When Life Was Less Complex by tiatma: 12:19pm On Dec 13, 2009
SIR ABUBAKAR TAFAWA TOOK HIS ONLY ANNUAL LEAVE IN 1963 WHICH HE DECIDED TO SPEND IN HIS VILLAGE.

A BRITISH PHOTO JOURNALIST CAME CALLING, BUT WAS TOLD THE PM IS ON VACATION. HE ASKED TO WHICH COUNTRY, BUT WAS SHOCKED TO HEAR HIS VILLAGE.

ON GETTING TO THE VILLAGE, THERE WAS NO EVIDENCE OR PARAPHENLIA TO SHOW A BIG MAN WAS THERE, EVERYONE WAS BUSY WITH THEIR CHORES.

HE MET A FARMER WITH HIS DONKEY CARRYING BALES OF SUGARCANE, FOR THE PM'S HOME, AND HE WAS UTTERLY SPEECHLESS WHEN THE FARMER SAID, "I JUST LEFT HIM, YOU WILL SEE HIM SITTING ON BARE FLOOR WITH HIS KIDS DRINKING SUGAR CANE THAT I GAVE THEM . . . ”

HE MET THEM LIKE THAT AND TOOK THIS PIX . . . WHAT AN EPITOME OF SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY Obtained via email

Re: Sir ABUBAKAR TAFAWA: Oh How Times Have Changed; When Life Was Less Complex by SapeleGuy: 2:28pm On Dec 13, 2009
Simplicity is good but the legacy of good leadership is to leave the place better than how you found it.

In terms of legacy  the leaders of the first republic Balewa, Okotie-Eboh, Awo, Zik were centuries ahead of the kleptomaniacs currently in charge.
Re: Sir ABUBAKAR TAFAWA: Oh How Times Have Changed; When Life Was Less Complex by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 13, 2009
pls remove okotie eboh also known as samuel edah from that list, he is one of the greatest betrayer in nigeria,s history, can be classified as the ibori of his time, dat,s why no thought was taken not to waste him. great pic by the way, tafawa balewa in my oppinion was just a pawn and a victim.
Re: Sir ABUBAKAR TAFAWA: Oh How Times Have Changed; When Life Was Less Complex by MrCrackles(m): 11:29pm On Dec 13, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Simplicity is good but the legacy of good leadership is to leave the place better than how you found it.
Bang on point. . . .
Re: Sir ABUBAKAR TAFAWA: Oh How Times Have Changed; When Life Was Less Complex by SapeleGuy: 11:57pm On Dec 13, 2009
df2006:

pls remove okotie eboh also known as samuel edah from that list, he is one of the greatest betrayer in nigeria,s history, can be classified as the ibori of his time, dat,s why no thought was taken not to waste him. great pic by the way, tafawa balewa in my oppinion was just a pawn and a victim.

No long story - I beg list any govt minister or premier who did more for Nigeria than Okotie - Eboh at that time and whilst you are at it also list their achievements and legacy.

The soldiers claimed the 1st republic politicians were corrupt but we have witnessed corruption on an unprecedented scale by the soldiers. Hindsight shows the soldiers claims to be nothing but propaganda.
Re: Sir ABUBAKAR TAFAWA: Oh How Times Have Changed; When Life Was Less Complex by bawomolo(m): 12:09am On Dec 14, 2009
Wasn't he criticized as a puppet of the saraduna?

It's great to see such humility though.
Re: Sir ABUBAKAR TAFAWA: Oh How Times Have Changed; When Life Was Less Complex by Nobody: 12:29am On Dec 14, 2009
SapeleGuy:

No long story - I beg list any govt minister or premier who did more for Nigeria than Okotie - Eboh at that time and whilst you are at it also list their achievements and legacy.

The soldiers claimed the 1st republic politicians were corrupt but we have witnessed corruption on an unprecedented scale by the soldiers. Hindsight shows the soldiers claims to be nothing but propaganda.

i don,t have to list any thing. till tmoro you will always hear of awo in the west, let,s not even mention the saudana, in the midwest or the nigerdelta you will hear more of isaac borro, anthony enahoro and saro wiwa than that criminal, he is of the same mould with akintola, who set us back a thousand years,
obviously he is out classed by the current shenanigans we currently have posing as leaders. but any one worth his salt in the knowledge of nigeria,s history knows that samuel edah aka okotie eboh, sold the ncnc to the npc shortly before the british left nigeria. word.
Re: Sir ABUBAKAR TAFAWA: Oh How Times Have Changed; When Life Was Less Complex by blacksta(m): 1:20am On Dec 14, 2009
Dont worry - oil money no dey that time.
Re: Sir ABUBAKAR TAFAWA: Oh How Times Have Changed; When Life Was Less Complex by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 14, 2009
times have changed.

cute kids though- they must be quite grown now.
Re: Sir ABUBAKAR TAFAWA: Oh How Times Have Changed; When Life Was Less Complex by citizenY(m): 9:02am On Dec 14, 2009
I hope our servantleaders in the north are listening.

No be babban riga and cap to match be government. Nothing beats

humility,a clear conscience and of course the desire to do good for the gratest

number. Ahmadu Bello University(Main Campus) stretches from Falladan to Shika and beyond,

over 20 kilometers. A governor today will commandeer such land for himself.

These are people with foresight.

Allah jikan rai , mazan kwarai.
Re: Sir ABUBAKAR TAFAWA: Oh How Times Have Changed; When Life Was Less Complex by ciscostaz: 3:25pm On Dec 14, 2009
o0000h. I love this.
Re: Sir ABUBAKAR TAFAWA: Oh How Times Have Changed; When Life Was Less Complex by SapeleGuy: 6:52pm On Dec 14, 2009
df2006:

i don,t have to list any thing. till tmoro you will always hear of awo in the west, let,s not even mention the saudana, in the midwest or the nigerdelta you will hear more of isaac borro, anthony enahoro and saro wiwa than that criminal, he is of the same mould with akintola, who set us back a thousand years,
obviously he is out classed by the current shenanigans we currently have posing as leaders. but any one worth his salt in the knowledge of nigeria,s history knows that samuel edah aka okotie eboh, sold the ncnc to the npc shortly before the british left nigeria. word.

Please list the man's crimes - how can you criminalise somebody without been able to list at least 1 crime?

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Gov For Delta State? / Osun: FG Tapped Into My Phone Line - Tinubu / Nigeria Joins Islamic Collation Against Terror

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.