Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Man Buries Himself Alive So As To Create Awareness - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Man Buries Himself Alive So As To Create Awareness (641 Views)

Destiny Etiko Buries Her Father, JOHN ANONDE, Amid Tears In Enugu / Charly Boy Finally Buries His Mother (photo) / Afeez Ayetoro Saka Buries His Mother (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Buries Himself Alive So As To Create Awareness by Zicomanie(m): 8:21pm On Mar 02, 2017
John Edwards allowed himself to be buried by his friends and family so as to raise awareness for those suffering from addiction and depression. John chose Ash Wednesday to be 'laid to rest' because that is the start of lent and the day on which Christians are encouraged to die to self. Just before being buried, John who was formerly an addict kissed his wife goodbye then was lowered into the coffin placed under the streets of Belfast, outside Willowfield Parish Church after which the lid was placed and dirt poured on it.
From the grave, John will be live streaming advice to addicts and those suffering from depression and broadcasting stories of hope. Broadband internet and electronics were fixed in the coffin to make it possible for him to communicate online with people. While
The former addict founded the charity Walking Free, which helps people who are suicidal and those with addiction. He will live stream help and advice to addicts from inside his coffin.

"I'm a former addict and I've been clean and sober for 25 years. I'm making a very large coffin, I'm burying it in East Belfast and I'm going to live in it for three days," John told Belfast Live prior to his burial.

“I know this is a radical move but people are continually contacting me who are either suicidal or who know friends or family who are. My plan is to speak to them from the grave before they get there and show them hope.”

Source: http://www.omonaijanews.com/2017/03/man-is-buried-alive-for-three-days-to.html

Re: Man Buries Himself Alive So As To Create Awareness by Edwinmason(m): 8:48pm On Mar 02, 2017
white and weird things are like bread and butter

1 Like

Re: Man Buries Himself Alive So As To Create Awareness by mofeoluwadassah: 8:56pm On Mar 02, 2017
dis 1 na coffin or bedroom undecided
Re: Man Buries Himself Alive So As To Create Awareness by doctimonyeka(m): 9:20pm On Mar 02, 2017
Crazy guy.... Money miss road syndrome...
Re: Man Buries Himself Alive So As To Create Awareness by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:22pm On Mar 02, 2017
This man's addiction is getting worse, this is a case of pure madness,his brain's should be checked asap.

(1) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji Visits Pecohub Instagram Page / Paul Okoye Shares Photo Of His Crib / Playing With Snakes, Lions Doesn’t Make Me A Witch – Rukky Sanda [PHOTOS, VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.