Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,742 members, 7,840,878 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Okorocha Calls For Traditional Method Of Oath Taking To Curb Corruption - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Calls For Traditional Method Of Oath Taking To Curb Corruption (16065 Views)

Okorocha Calls APC ‘a Very Weak’ Party - Read More / FG Bans Open Grazing To Curb Herdsmen-Farmers Clashes / Obiano Blasts Okorocha, Calls Him A Rabble Rouser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Calls For Traditional Method Of Oath Taking To Curb Corruption by maverick001: 11:40am On Mar 03, 2017
anybody dah has written Yoruba neco shd nt lie.......dah tin is harder than English abeg......Buh no be my business sha
Re: Okorocha Calls For Traditional Method Of Oath Taking To Curb Corruption by anonimi: 11:41am On Mar 03, 2017
musicwriter:
The fact Okorocha has realized the problem is already a step in the right direction. Of course, you don't just wake up in the morning and change a 100 years system of education. It's going to take some time to make the change, because of the damage that has been done already.

Stop making excuses for these lazy mofos who have ensured our society makes no progress by simply TALKING to excite their dumb followers but taking no action in the direction of what they have said.
I don't think that you became educated by simply TALKING of the need and benefits of being educated, or did you
We cannot continue praising these thieves and making excuses for them while expecting that by some miracle progress will happen in our country.
Time to wake up and smell the akamu- it won't happen!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2174510_nigeriansmobmentality_jpegd710c25fa577a4f0fb35da579ff1eb3d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855735_twooptionswallpaper10579600_jpeg618d634ba6258d93161d282181afdc68

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Calls For Traditional Method Of Oath Taking To Curb Corruption by musicwriter(m): 11:50am On Mar 03, 2017
anonimi:

Stop making excuses for these lazy mofos who have ensured our society makes no progress by simply TALKING to excite their dumb followers but taking no action in the direction of what they have said.
I don't think that you became educated by simply TALKING of the need and benefits of being educated, or did you
We cannot continue praising these thieves and making excuses for them while expecting that by some miracle progress will happen in our country.
Time to wake up and smell the akamu- it won't happen!

Yes, he need to take action, but there's a reason he can't do that. Nigerian states does not run autonomous system of education with different JAMB, WAEC, and NECO, requirements. He needs the federal government to key into his idea for it to work.
Re: Okorocha Calls For Traditional Method Of Oath Taking To Curb Corruption by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:52am On Mar 03, 2017
kolaaderin:

Secular state definition please, don't you thing in that case, the traditionalist has always been left behind.
All political post holder should be able to swear with all form of religious believe in this country I.e Islamic, christenity and the traditional ways else disqualified from the post and give room to those that are ready for the job.
Traditional means should be left to where it belongs. The traditional rulers.

I abhors idol worshipping though
Re: Okorocha Calls For Traditional Method Of Oath Taking To Curb Corruption by omenkaLives(m): 11:54am On Mar 03, 2017
Chuukwudi:

It's a lie. I don't know about where you stay but here in Umuofurolo, Ukwube, Nkwerre LGA, Imo State, If that happens, your calabash and feathers will remain but the money will be long gone.
Bros, will you, honestly speaking, take such? grin
Re: Okorocha Calls For Traditional Method Of Oath Taking To Curb Corruption by omenkaLives(m): 11:58am On Mar 03, 2017
LouisVanGaal:
@sarrki and omenkalives, but dont you think politicians can still bias the chief priest from behind to twist the wrath of the oracle to their advantage...we see this in both nollywood and reality..
Sha, you get point oo. These guys are capable of anything. cheesy
Re: Okorocha Calls For Traditional Method Of Oath Taking To Curb Corruption by anonimi: 12:02pm On Mar 03, 2017
musicwriter:
Yes, he need to take action, but there's a reason he can't do that. Nigerian states does not run autonomous system of education with different JAMB, WAEC, and NECO, requirements. He needs the federal government to key into his idea for it to work.

Again, you are making baseless excuses for his dismal performance despite CLAIMING to have ideas six years after being in government.
States are in control of primary (through LGAs) and secondary education.
Imo state has three senators and 10 Representatives in Abuja. What has Okorocha done through them to raise a Bill for changing the curriculum as he CLAIMS to desire
Again, he is a jobless, lazy mofo skilled in TALKING only to excite his dumb followers, of which there appears to be many. sad undecided

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3277784_fbimg1452093218973_jpegc10e9e69e640b4d758edf3c27e5a1dae

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Calls For Traditional Method Of Oath Taking To Curb Corruption by musicwriter(m): 12:23pm On Mar 03, 2017
anonimi:

Again, you are making baseless excuses for his dismal performance despite CLAIMING to have ideas six years after being in government.
States are in control of primary (through LGAs) and secondary education.
Imo state has three senators and 10 Representatives in Abuja. What has Okorocha done through them to raise a Bill for changing the curriculum as he CLAIMS to desire
Again, he is a jobless, lazy mofo skilled in TALKING only to excite his dumb followers, of which there appears to be many. sad undecided

You appear to be speaking from the perspectives of politics, but that's not my angle of view. My view is that he have raised an important point. What he'll do with it remains to be seen.
Re: Okorocha Calls For Traditional Method Of Oath Taking To Curb Corruption by justnnecky(f): 12:37pm On Mar 03, 2017
Rochas wey do juju pass any politician dey give una dis suggestion?
I smell foul play

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Calls For Traditional Method Of Oath Taking To Curb Corruption by anonimi: 12:56pm On Mar 03, 2017
musicwriter:
You appear to be speaking from the perspectives of politics, but that's not my angle of view. My view is that he have raised an important point. What he'll do with it remains to be seen.

A man who has EXECUTIVE power for six years has no business raising any important point without demonstrating what he has done to achieve the point.
QED!!!
That is how oyinbos do to their public servants such that their place is so attractive we will do anything to be under-employed there while bragging to those "unlucky" enough to remain here.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160987_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

liljboy:
It’s okay to marry a woman old enough to be your mother, you can still explain that as love, but someone old enough to be your grandmother?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4914275_df_jpeg373e55dea7e43f08e80004f94f67a4a7

todaynewsreview:
The bodies of at least 74 migrants have been washed ashore in western Libya, in the latest tragedy along the dangerous trafficking route to Europe. The Libyan Red Crescent posted photos of dozens of bodies in black and white bags lined up along the shore near the western city of Zawiya.
A spokesman for the aid organisation said there were still bodies floating out at sea as the agency had no way of retrieving them. He said the migrants were all adults, mostly from sub-Saharan African countries, and all but three were men.
The UN migration agency, the International Organisation of Migration (IOM), said the dinghy had set off on Saturday with 110 people on board. The agency said traffickers deliberately took the engines from the boat and then abandoned it to drift.

http://www.todaynewsreview.com/p/3051/tragedy-bodies-of-migrants-wash-ashore-en-route-europe-photo

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4901723_z1_jpegff7a94c52111caf03b4bc410211e9b89

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Calls For Traditional Method Of Oath Taking To Curb Corruption by ephraim18(m): 1:13pm On Mar 03, 2017
they would still bribe these deities to spear them of their corrupt practices. okorougwu a joker
Re: Okorocha Calls For Traditional Method Of Oath Taking To Curb Corruption by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 03, 2017
Ahmadgani:
The hausa people are left out. Last time i checked, i dont think they have any traditional deity.

It will not work, rather it will further plung this country into greater confusion and catastrophe. The devil gives with one hand but collects with mutiple hands

Who told you that.? you have been brainwashed by western religion.
Re: Okorocha Calls For Traditional Method Of Oath Taking To Curb Corruption by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 03, 2017
sarrki:
grin grin grin grin

Owelle Anaya Rochas Okorocha

Though it sounds funny

I kinda believe our political class fear the traditional way more
I can bet with my March salary that they will never support cos they fear death than anybody.
Re: Okorocha Calls For Traditional Method Of Oath Taking To Curb Corruption by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 03, 2017
wordcat:

As if the traditional rulers and the local chiefs are saints
Even Babalawo dey corrupt : why will he ask for things you can never get like tooth of a like lion, hair from a gorilla etc? So that they'll say you bring money make them get am for you.
Re: Okorocha Calls For Traditional Method Of Oath Taking To Curb Corruption by 1009ja: 6:31pm On Mar 03, 2017
Amadioha is about to take the Owelle.
Re: Okorocha Calls For Traditional Method Of Oath Taking To Curb Corruption by Dedetwo(m): 8:07pm On Mar 03, 2017
I had wished this dumbass Okoroawusa had been subjected to such oath-taking.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Calls For Traditional Method Of Oath Taking To Curb Corruption by Chuukwudi(m): 5:27am On Mar 04, 2017
omenkaLives:
Bros, will you, honestly speaking, take such? grin

This recession is terrible my brother. How can a paint of garri be sold at N1000.? Will the poor survive at all?
Re: Okorocha Calls For Traditional Method Of Oath Taking To Curb Corruption by juman(m): 7:31am On Mar 04, 2017
He should actually knows that just that traditional thing cannot curb corruption.

What happen to those that broken their promises after they were taken to okija shrine before they became governors?

Nothing bad happened to them. They neutralized it.
Re: Okorocha Calls For Traditional Method Of Oath Taking To Curb Corruption by juman(m): 7:33am On Mar 04, 2017
Totally free anti corruption agency is the answer to fight corruption head on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Atiku Meets PDP Delegates In Katsina / Arrest & Prosecute Arewa Youths Inciting Violence Against Igbos – HURIWA / Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law ― Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.