Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,063 members, 7,852,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:16 PM

Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard (1191 Views)

Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' / Buhari And I Have Not Spoken In Two Years, Says Fayose / PHOTOS: “oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years” - Ajimobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard by NewsPoacher: 4:24pm On Mar 03, 2017
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/oyo-inter-city-light-rail-ready-2-years-says-ajimobi/

MARCH 3, 2017 Ibadan – Gov. Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State has said that the proposed inter-city light rail project in the state would be completed before the end of his administration in 2019. Ajimobi said this on Friday in Ibadan while receiving a Chinese delegation led by Mr Ling Jing, the Deputy Ambassador of China to Nigeria, in his office. “We are planning to construct light rail in the state and I hope the project would be completed in 24 months.

“I believe with our relationship today, we are happy to work with the Chinese groups: We look forward to partnering the Chinese on agriculture, solar energy and infrastructure,” he said. The governor said that his administration at inception decided to partner the Chinese because of the country’s phenomenal growth.

Ajimobi said that the state government partnered with some groups from China on its newly-established Free Trade Zone along Ibadan-Lagos expressway. According to him, the partnership with a Chinese group, Polaris, led to the establishment of Pacesetter Polaris Group, which has attracted the interest of 153 construction companies.

Earlier, Jing said that a Chinese company was planning to establish a mobile phone manufacturing company in the state. He said the visit was to further strengthen and promote the relationship between the Chinese government and the Oyo State government.

“The governor has made many trips to china in the last three years to forge a partnership in the building of infrastructure,’’ he said. The Chinese envoy said that the relationship and partnership was to transform the state and strengthen bilateral trade.

Mynd44, Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard by sarrki(m): 4:26pm On Mar 03, 2017
Once a OMOLUABI

Is always an OMOLUABI

Pace setter

We do and others follow

Fayose this is what I expected from you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard by nzeobi(m): 4:27pm On Mar 03, 2017
Since Osinbajo became president, it has been f one good news to the other,
Anyway Mr gov try and complete it before leaving office so it won't be like that of rivers.

4 Likes

Re: Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard by arinze2015: 4:31pm On Mar 03, 2017
what of ogun light rail that will start on january 2017 how far now befor bringing up and lie

1 Like

Re: Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard by omofunaab(m): 4:34pm On Mar 03, 2017
arinze2015:
what of ogun light rail that will start on january 2017 how far now befor bringing up and lie

Arinze, let's talk about your state

8 Likes

Re: Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard by ODVanguard: 4:36pm On Mar 03, 2017
arinze2015:

Guy, why not face your own state instead of coming off as an enemy of progress? Bad belle dey run belle.

8 Likes

Re: Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard by decatalyst(m): 4:43pm On Mar 03, 2017
Rubbish and lies!

And your civil servants dey wallow in poverty because you didn't pay them salaries not to talk of due allowance. undecided undecided

And students in an institution in your state have wasted over 8months at home undecided

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard by dexterinc2003: 4:51pm On Mar 03, 2017
Good development. Thumbs up.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard by ODVanguard: 4:56pm On Mar 03, 2017
Make the cynics and enemies of progress 'perch' till the governor's 2-yrs elapses and then hold him to account. Clearly the project would be a public-private-partnership with the Chinese shouldering the bulk of the funding.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard by Oduduwatic: 4:56pm On Mar 03, 2017
sarrki:
Once a OMOLUABI

Is always an OMOLUABI

Pace setter

We do and others follow

Fayose this is what I expected from you
i thought you're meant to be hausa.
Why do we yorubas enjoy being impostors. I am ashamed of that.
Re: Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard by ODVanguard: 4:59pm On Mar 03, 2017
Oduduwatic:
Why do we yorubas Igbos enjoy being impostors. I am ashamed of that.

There. Fixed. smiley

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard by oduastates: 5:32pm On Mar 03, 2017
When I hear " to", I am not convinced.
Get the project started and we can start using "to"

The Abeokuta central business district, perhaps the most important project conceived by ogun state is suffering from "to".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
We will be here to see if this is fulfilled or not, God willing.
Re: Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 03, 2017
Oduduwatic:
i thought you're meant to be hausa.
Why do we yorubas enjoy being impostors. I am ashamed of that .

@bolded, yes, you should be ashamed of yourself for accusing someone else of doing exactly what you're guilty of.

But I know say una no get shame anyway.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nice move but Ibadan is chocked up already,how do they plan to go about this
Re: Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard by Blue3k(m): 11:39pm On Mar 03, 2017
MARCH 3, 2017 Ibadan – Gov. Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State has said that the proposed inter-city light rail project in the state would be completed before the end of his administration in 2019. Ajimobi said this on Friday in Ibadan while receiving a Chinese delegation led by Mr Ling Jing, the Deputy Ambassador of China to Nigeria, in his office. “We are planning to construct light rail in the state and I hope the project would be completed in 24 months.

Good news 2 yrs is ambitious timetable.
Re: Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard by MrMaestro: 12:45am On Mar 04, 2017
It definitely seems like the southwest region is precisely focused on development. It's great to see.
Re: Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard by juman(m): 5:22am On Mar 04, 2017
APC and lies are like 5and6.
Re: Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard by Eggheader101: 8:00am On Mar 04, 2017
Another Lagos Ibadan express way propaganda. Oyo state the headquarters of cannibalism . can anything good ever come from that cursed state with cursed leaders? I doubt that
Re: Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard by sarrki(m): 8:20am On Mar 04, 2017
Eggheader101:
Another Lagos Ibadan express way propaganda. Oyo state the headquarters of cannibalism . can anything good ever come from that cursed state with cursed leaders? I doubt that

Once a system collapsed there is absolutely nothing one can do

Than to replace it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard by classicphil: 8:35am On Mar 04, 2017
Hahaha hah. Coming from a failure like Ajimobi, wallahi una go wait tire.
Re: Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard by stinggy(m): 9:00am On Mar 04, 2017
that a Chinese company was planning to establish a mobile phone manufacturing company in the state. He said the visit was to further strengthen and promote the relationship between the Chinese government and the Oyo State government.
I'm very sure I've read this before, 2015 or so.
Ajimobi's promises and utterances are pure lies, no need for further verifications. Baba eleji, we don't need any of your unending promises again, just pay salaries promptly and pack you loads in 2019.
Re: Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard by Eggheader101: 9:18am On Mar 04, 2017
sarrki:

Once a system collapsed there is absolutely nothing one can do

Than to replace it
. coming from a remote controlled robotic zombie.the next time you quote me,I will give you e-flogging. nonsense
Re: Oyo Inter-city Light Rail Ready In 2 Years, Says Ajimobi - Vanguard by Adesiji77: 10:36pm On Mar 04, 2017
Issokay

(1) (Reply)

SITREP: Ongoing Military Crackdown Against Ijaw Militants In Ondo State / Should I Call My Junior Brother In A Northern University To Come Back Home? / Why An Igbo Man May Never Rule Nigeria(facts)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.