Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House (3212 Views)

My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel / My Husband Always Rubs Charm On His Manhood Before Sex - Wife / My Husband Always Shouts At Me In Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by susanjohn: 4:15am On Mar 04, 2017
Married men do you always threaten your wife.
Married women how would you feel if hubby uses these words.

Anytime he sees a couple have issues or fight. Or there is a discussion The next thing he says is if my wife tries this I will send her packing. He says it even in front of friends. I feel bad with those choice of words.

Yesterday he said same when we discussed issues of disobedience from a wife and I jokingly asked him if that is a threat, he said no, a fact.
Its becoming too much.

I'm thinking about talking to my mum about it.
I'm not a disobedient wife and I've never insulted him except when he insults me. I had to learn that because I was hurting.

I've always loved my husband but words spoken like this make me start thinking otherwise.

I don't have a job now (lost it) and he insists that till I get a nanny (not been able to get a good one) before I can go searching.

Doesn't want his kids in a daycare/creche which I've been obeying that and being idle.

I think a good marriage is a union where both parties think about making it work all the time. I built my mind on the premise that nothing can dissolve us except physical violence which I know he's my capable of doing. Now I feel bruised and broken that he would even give it a thought to THROW ME OUT

Now I know why some women don't disclose money and acquire properties secretly cos some men aren't to be trusted.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by Tocheagle(m): 4:21am On Mar 04, 2017
hmmmm
Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by baby124: 4:24am On Mar 04, 2017
Kids learn faster with their peers. Nanny or grandma does not help them very much. You need to have a serious discussion with your husband to understand why he insists on nanny. Is it the cost? You can do nanny some days and crèche some days. Table all your concerns about nanny and the way he talks. If he refuses to listen, you can take it to a family member that he respects. He needs a mentor seriously in marriage, what he says is wrong. He doesn't have a good idea of marriage. I don't know how a family man can talk so loosely and disrespectfully about his wife to strangers. Also look for a job fast, goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by susanjohn: 4:30am On Mar 04, 2017
baby124:
Kids learn faster with their peers. Nanny or grandma does not help them very much. You need to have a serious discussion with your husband to understand why he insists on nanny. Is it the cost? You can do nanny some days and crèche some days. Table all your concerns about nanny and the way he talks. If he refuses to listen, you can take it to a family member that he respects. He needs a mentor seriously in marriage, what he says is wrong. He doesn't have a good idea of marriage. I don't know how a family man can talk so loosely and disrespectfully about his wife to strangers. Also look for a job fast, goodluck.

Thank you
Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by Libo45: 4:45am On Mar 04, 2017
Has he always been that way? Did anything change? Y view u as a property and not a mate? Some men don't mean what dey say in public sha... Perhaps he's having low esteem or ego issues. Just talk to him candidly about everything. If u r valued by him he'll start behaving. If he continues, then u may want to talk to someone in his family he respects.. All d best in ur marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by gbegemaster(m): 4:53am On Mar 04, 2017
Even i have silently uttered those words that any woman who gives me trouble will be out of my house. Funny thing is that what I define as trouble are just minor issues. Its just stupid male Ego talking. If a man goes by that he will keep ushering women out of his house because women are not slaves. They will usually say what they think and disobey you from time to time.

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by Nobody: 5:08am On Mar 04, 2017
you can expect such treatment from some men who view you as a liability if you entirely depends on him financially

funny enough, in Africa women are not treated with respect because of the misconception that only their a$$ is what they need to bring to the table

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by Fesisko(m): 5:16am On Mar 04, 2017
this is serious.
Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by MosakuAW(m): 5:29am On Mar 04, 2017
People fails to know that emotional "beating" is worst than phyical beating. With the physical beating, people will notice it on you and advice you to moved on before he kills you but emotional beating will never shows but you die silently and keep hoping he will change but he keeps getting worse.

I will advice you to seat him down and confront him with the words he says to you and say in public in your presence about sending his wife out if he misbehaves.If what you have done is not adultery, no MAN has any right to send a woman packing. Even the bible says, if you caught your wife or hubby with adultery, if you can forgive, forgive and move on with him.

Next time he says or joke about such things again also joke and say that, if he send you packing you will leave with the kids and he will never see them again. If he is a man that so much loves his kids, you see that he will stop saying such to you.

This words are emotionally tortured which can kill silently. That means only one person has a right in the marriage. African culture is still backward.

Imagine a Man impregnated a woman outside and he brought in the woman home and tell his family to beg his wife that he has wrong her and the wife agrees and move on. Can such things happen to a woman who got impregnated outside and comes home with it and her family to beg the husband to accept the situation like that "Hell No" no MAN will accept such. That is the society will leaves in.

Please free yourself from emotional troubles before he locks you in forever and throw away the keys. As for the Nanny stuff, forget it and tell him to raise you money and start a biz that will give you time for your kids. Nothing like mother's care in life.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by Nobody: 5:36am On Mar 04, 2017
MosakuAW:
People fails to know that emotional "beating" is worst than phyical beating. With the physical beating, people will notice it on you and advice you to moved on before he kills you but emotional beating will never shows but you die silently and keep hoping he will change but he keeps getting worse.

I will advice you to seat him down and confront him with the words he says to you and say in public in your presence about sending his wife out if he misbehaves.If what you have done is not adultery, no MAN has any right to send a woman packing. Even the bible says, if you caught your wife or hubby with adultery, if you can forgive, forgive and move on with him.

Next time he says or joke about such things again also joke and say that, if he send you packing you will leave with the kids and he will never see them again. If he is a man that so much loves his kids, you see that he will stop saying such to you.

This words are emotionally tortured which can kill silently. That means only one person has a right in the marriage. African culture is still backward.

Imagine a Man impregnated a woman outside and he brought in the woman home and tell his family to beg his wife that he has wrong her and the wife agrees and move on. Can such things happen to a woman who got impregnated outside and comes home with it and her family to beg the husband to accept the situation like that "Hell No" no MAN will accept such. That is the society will leaves in.

Please free yourself from emotional troubles before he locks you in forever and throw away the keys. As for the Nanny stuff, forget it and tell him to raise you money and start a biz that will give you time for your kids. Nothing like mother's care in life.

how can your post be longer than the thread

.ayam not understanding

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by MosakuAW(m): 5:42am On Mar 04, 2017
carmag:

Did you read the thread at all? And also did you read my reply to her thread.

Always find time and not excuses to read longer replies or threads. It may also help you the reader. What matter most, is the message and not the long or short replies. No matter how short or long.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by pressplay411(m): 5:48am On Mar 04, 2017
Have you confronted him about it? He needs to be reminded you're both married, not squatting.
That's so male chauvinistic of him. Can't blame him, he's a Nigerian that's our culture. You have some work to do lest he becomes "male-ficent."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by pressplay411(m): 5:51am On Mar 04, 2017
carmag:

.ayam not understanding
Lol You must be the Accurate post keeper.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by sisisioge: 6:15am On Mar 04, 2017
When a woman doesnt make her own money, a man always find a way to disrespect her no matter how nice they are to each other.

First step is to really get the kids out of your hair so you could find a job...No matter how small. Then always laugh or smirk when he says it. You too conversationally speaking drop the "A man that dares throws his wife out should be ready to be embarrassed legally too o, not because she wants back but because she wanna kick back too" gist. Don't say it like it's meant for him, say it like it's your opinion...your belief.

Continue to live with him without allowing your affection to dwindle but empower yourself in the process. No one threatens an empowered woman with destitution. Everyone is aware that the number one fear of a married woman is "where will I go to?". Now, a woman with substance doesn't fear that one bit!

9 Likes

Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by SafeDavid(m): 6:46am On Mar 04, 2017
My friends dad always said that. to his mom and that only stopped when she acquired her own. .property

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by susanjohn: 7:31am On Mar 04, 2017
sisisioge:
When a woman doesnt make her own money, a man always find a way to disrespect her no matter how nice they are to each other.

First step is to really get the kids out of your hair so you could find a job...No matter how small. Then always laugh or smirk when he says it. You too conversationally speaking drop the "A man that dares throws his wife out should be ready to be embarrassed legally too o, not because she wants back but because she wanna kick back too" gist. Don't say it like it's meant for him, say it like it's your opinion...your belief.

Continue to live with him without allowing your affection to dwindle but empower yourself in the process. No one threatens an empowered woman with destitution. Everyone is aware that the number one fear of a married woman is "where will I go to?". Now, a woman with substance doesn't fear that one bit!

Thanks
Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by susanjohn: 7:33am On Mar 04, 2017
SafeDavid:
My friends dad always said that. to his mom and that only stopped when she acquired her own. .property

Thanks. before now I use to dislike women who buy properties secretly. but now I see reasons with them.
I used to think it was all a joke but yesterday I saw the seriousness in his eyes.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by SafeDavid(m): 7:37am On Mar 04, 2017
susanjohn:

Thanks. before now I use to dislike women who buy properties secretly. but now I see reasons with them.
I used to think it was all a joke but yesterday I saw the seriousness in his eyes.

Actually , you don't have to make it secret since its an accomplishment he should be proud of.
Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by InformedLola(f): 7:42am On Mar 04, 2017
Madam, are you guys legally married? If you are, then sit that man's aas down and let him know his threat does not hold water.

Also speed up your search for a nanny and get a job ASAP. In fact don't wait to get a job, look for a business to do that can put some money, no matter how small, into your pocket, so you don't keep relying on him for some little personal needs.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by Nutase: 7:45am On Mar 04, 2017
Childishness. The man does not understand what marriage is about.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:58am On Mar 04, 2017
susanjohn:

On the subject, it is wrong for your man but it shouldn't stop you from being open to him. I can't comment much because I don't have much fact on your relationship.

However, I must say that a woman buying secret property away from her husband is not helping her family. what is the husband somehow discovers and he also venture into secret acquisition of assets? My Dear, in marriage the two MUST become one except the party involved aren't ready for marriage.

Back to your topic, I think your husband is simply saying he won't tolerate "disobedience" but it could also be that his ego is saying what he CAN'T REALLY DO.

Good luck to you

1 Like

Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:05am On Mar 04, 2017
InformedLola:
Madam, are you guys legally married? If you are, then sit that man's aas down and let him know his threat does not hold water.
Pls avoid this advice IF you are interested in building a happy home.

Also speed up your search for a nanny and get a job ASAP. In fact don't wait to get a job, look for a business to do that can put some money, no matter how small, into your pocket, so you don't keep relying on him for some little personal needs.
Take this advice not because you don't want to be asking him for even minute thing, but because you want to assist the family, which will in turn earn you respect and admiration from your man.

Please, your mindset should not be geared at showing him you can do without him, this will cause more harm than good. Instead, your mindset should be "You married one who is an asset to your life and the family", which will build your home.

Our mothers, the responsible ones should be our guide
Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by Richy4(m): 9:20am On Mar 04, 2017
susanjohn:
Married men do you always threaten your wife.
Married women how would you feel if hubby uses these words.

Anytime he sees a couple have issues or fight. Or there is a discussion The next thing he says is if my wife tries this I will send her packing. He says it even in front of friends. I feel bad with those choice of words.

Yesterday he said same when we discussed issues of disobedience from a wife and I jokingly asked him if that is a threat, he said no, a fact.
Its becoming too much.

I'm thinking about talking to my mum about it.
I'm not a disobedient wife and I've never insulted him except when he insults me. I had to learn that because I was hurting.

I've always loved my husband but words spoken like this make me start thinking otherwise.

I don't have a job now (lost it) and he insists that till I get a nanny (not been able to get a good one) before I can go searching.

Doesn't want his kids in a daycare/creche which I've been obeying that and being idle.

I think a good marriage is a union where both parties think about making it work all the time. I built my mind on the premise that nothing can dissolve us except physical violence which I know he's my capable of doing. Now I feel bruised and broken that he would even give it a thought to THROW ME OUT

Now I know why some women don't disclose money and acquire properties secretly cos some men aren't to be trusted.

You sound like he is way way older than you hence your fear to tell him how he was hurting you emotionally....Or maybe you married a military man that knows nothing but order and discipline....I think you want your marriage to work but you are not doing so well in terms of communication...
I am just wondering why you shiver in front of him..Incase you don't know, A husband is supposed to be your best friend first before he became a husband {or maybe I was mistaken because some people were forced to marry} But If you are afraid to talk to him as a best friend, I 'm just wondering how you will make it on that long journey called marriage....You did not even sound like you have spoken to him...hence the joke talk....If you bottle all your emotions, One day you might break down and do something nasty....

Do not be scared for that talk to turn to a quarrel.. because some guys listens out of a shouting match...but please know your limits and the limits your guy can swallow..
Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by Abiagirl777(f): 9:36am On Mar 04, 2017
I don't know the kind of relationship you ppl have but i think you shouldn't be afraid to talk to him.sometime my husby said it while we were discussing some ish I replied him immediately that he'll be the one to even leave the house not me whether he's paying for it or not,whether it was as a joke or not it was nipped in the bud immediately.since then he has never said it again.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by susanjohn: 11:26am On Mar 04, 2017
MosakuAW:

Thank you
Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 04, 2017
Seriously, I don't see the big deal here. I believe your hubby is a lot older than you and besides that's how some Nigerian men talk, especially those with archiac cultural mentality.

I've never been married but it baffles me couples don't notice things like this during courtship. With my male friends, I know their views and beliefs on marriage, culture and gender discrimination, talkless of a man I'm dating.
I don't just understand what some couples do during courtship.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by baby124: 3:46pm On Mar 04, 2017
Richy4:

You sound like he is way way older than you hence your fear to tell him how he was hurting you emotionally....Or maybe you married a military man that knows nothing but order and discipline....I think you want your marriage to work but you are not doing so well in terms of communication...
I am just wondering why you shiver in front of him..Incase you don't know, A husband is supposed to be your best friend first before he became a husband {or maybe I was mistaken because some people were forced to marry} But If you are afraid to talk to him as a best friend, I 'm just wondering how you will make it on that long journey called marriage....You did not even sound like you have spoken to him...hence the joke talk....If you bottle all your emotions, One day you might break down and do something nasty....

Do not be scared for that talk to turn to a quarrel.. because some guys listens out of a shouting match...but please know your limits and the limits your guy can swallow..
She married an immature man who fails time and again to protect the dignity of his wife and family. He obviously lacks a good example of a good marriage in his own life. This is the reason one should study a potential spouse's parents marriage or relationship if the parents are divorced. It could also be that he says those things to win points with his equally useless friends. When one has to impress friends by saying and doing things that are wrong. The person needs to reevaluate themselves and that friendship.
Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 04, 2017
baby124:

She married an immature man who fails time and again to protect the dignity of his wife and family. He obviously lacks a good example of a good marriage in his own life. This is the reason one should study a potential spouse's parents marriage or relationship if the parents are divorced. It could also be that he says those things to win points with his equally useless friends. When one has to impress friends by saying and doing things that are wrong. The person needs to reevaluate themselves and that friendship.

@ bolded - Truer words have not been spoken!

and if he's doing that to seek validation from his yeye friends, then he's not man enough to be a husband.
Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by Richy4(m): 4:57pm On Mar 04, 2017
baby124:

You are right...I wish she was more confident to tell him how she feel...Bottling emotions like that is not a healthy habit cultivate...
Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 04, 2017
Am curious but where do you ladies meet these kinda men ? I know very good men and sometimes it baffles me when i read stuff like this on Family section. I remember one radio segment with jumoke on my way from way, and I pretty much agree, women need to have their own properties and all especially for men like this. pele dear
Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by baby124: 6:13pm On Mar 04, 2017
pcguru1:
Am curious but where do you ladies meet these kinda men ? I know very good men and sometimes it baffles me when i read stuff like this on Family section. I remember one radio segment with jumoke on my way from way, and I pretty much agree, women need to have their own properties and all especially for men like this. pele dear
The men you know can be completely different people to their wives. People have their outside personality and their inside personality. Those same good men can be terrors at home.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Always Threatening To Send Me Out Of The House by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 04, 2017
Great post. It's good to see a post like this coming from a man.

MosakuAW:

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Friend Is Getting Married To A Prostitute / My Most Embarrassing Moment! / Most Popular Products In Nigeria (omo, Maclean, Close-up, Bournvita: Tom-tom)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.