Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,532 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks (56337 Views)

25 Most Popular Igbo Masquerades / These Nigerian Traditional Wedding Attires Will Blow Your Mind / Some Nigerian Wedding Attires- Igbo/yoruba/hausa/fulani/benin And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by Wizzyblack3(m): 5:41pm On Mar 05, 2017
Btruth:
If only my people can truly be united.
This country will be great again.
United? Was the country built on Unification? Can't you see for yourself?
Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by AuroraB(f): 6:23pm On Mar 05, 2017
dingbang:
Wait why una go carry ugly Igbo woman put for d pic come select other fine fine women for other tribes....

This is political!!!
The op actually shot himself in the leg. The 'Efik' bride is Igbo. Lillian Ogechi Esoro sad
Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by dingbang(m): 6:27pm On Mar 05, 2017
AuroraB:
The op actually shot himself in the leg. The 'Efik' bride is Igbo. Lillian Ogechi Esoro sad
actually u shot urself in the foot.. The op based his thread on the dress styles of notable tribes in weddings . the ethnicity of the woman doesn't matter...

4 Likes

Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by Businessideas: 6:27pm On Mar 05, 2017
[/quote] author=Ighoga898 post=54293609]
Yeah, Edo should be number one [/quote]
How can a minority win a popularity contest? Haba,every shoe has size and Edo is even less important than the ijaws in the scheme of things in Nigeria,in the past,edo has always used their relationship with the Yoruba to get favors but now,it seems the elders didn't tell you young ones your correct history.Noone will imagine a sane person saying a tiny minority likeEdo is more popular than Hausa,Yoruba or Igbo in Nigeria! shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by guychidile: 6:35pm On Mar 05, 2017
Truth be told,I live Nigerian traditional attires....period.
Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 05, 2017
Businessideas:

How can a minority win a popularity contest? Haba,every shoe has size and Edo is even less important than the ijaws in the scheme of things in Nigeria,in the past,edo has always used their relationship with the Yoruba to get favors but now,it seems the elders didn't tell you young ones your correct history.Noone will imagine a sane person saying a tiny minority likeEdo is more popular than Hausa,Yoruba or Igbo in Nigeria! shocked
ur papa. Fool. Go and read about the bini kingdom, and you say u go to school. Even that ur brother from otuoke, who he epp, even when he was president did he help the niger delta crisis. Arrant nonsense. I don't have ur time today

1 Like

Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by delishpot: 6:43pm On Mar 05, 2017
You got the second igbo atire wrong OP
Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by AkinPhysicist: 6:46pm On Mar 05, 2017
BobHIGHNESS:
sharrap,tho am not yoruba but they're the best when we're talking about culture,igbos are copying them. Despite being a highly educated tribe in Nigeria, they still prove their culture, spit their language everywhere and everytime, reason why yoruba language is the most indigenous spoken language in Nigeria. I just love them equally as my tribe and wish to marry their girl. No cheating on the list,yoruba rocks it best

7 Likes

Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by AkinPhysicist: 6:47pm On Mar 05, 2017
ayoolanr:

Trash!!!

Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by Businessideas: 6:52pm On Mar 05, 2017
funmisticqueen:

ur papa. Fool. Go and read about the bini kingdom, and you say u go to school. Even that ur brother from otuoke, who he epp, even when he was president did he help the niger delta crisis. Arrant nonsense. I don't have ur time today
O my God shocked!! This is the reason some of you ladies never become good wives or mothers because you have short temper and very rude. How will you reasonably support anyone saying a tiny Bini will win a popularity contest against major tribes that are not only far ahead of Bini in popularity and population but even older.For example,historical evidence from Ile Ife proves that the heads of dead Oba of Benin are buried in Ile Ife, which means that Ile Ife is far older than Bini.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by AkinPhysicist: 6:56pm On Mar 05, 2017
mofy1:
It is called WAZOBIA not BIAWAZO or ZOWABIA. The Afonja's always come first. Run out of tread b4 they come for my head.

Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by MARKETfund: 7:26pm On Mar 05, 2017
Daniel058:
I rep IZI PEOPLE OF EBONYI STATE

Ndi-ibe anyi, ekele mu UNU !!

✌️ oge akobe iphe ruakwaru ooo!! grin

I did my first degree in Izzi.
Abakaliki precisely

Funny people, funny accent cheesy
I missed some coursemates though
Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by supereagle(m): 7:36pm On Mar 05, 2017
IYANGBALI:
And the winner is Yoruba wedding attires grin grin tongue
They know how to do Owan nbe. igbos are copying from them.

3 Likes

Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 05, 2017
Businessideas:
author=Ighoga898 post=54293609]
Yeah, Edo should be number one
If known u personally & very sure I am older Dan u, I would've insulted u 4 calling Edo less important....
Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by Fx55(m): 9:07pm On Mar 05, 2017
BobHIGHNESS:
sharrap,tho am not yoruba but they're the best when we're talking about culture,igbos are copying them. Despite being a highly educated tribe in Nigeria, they still prove their culture, spit their language everywhere and everytime, reason why yoruba language is the most indigenous spoken language in Nigeria. I just love them equally as my tribe and wish to marry their girl. No cheating on the list,yoruba rocks it best
Where are you from? I'm sure you won't be so proud to tell us. Why don't you make an effort to showcase your own attire? Or you don't have any?

I'm quite sure the objective of the OP was to showcase and appreciate the different cultures(beautiful cultures and attires I must confess) but low-lives like you have turned this beautiful thread into a diick-measuring contest.

By the way, Hausa is the most widely spoken language in Nigeria and not Yoruba. My friend, life doesn't begin and end in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by Fx55(m): 9:16pm On Mar 05, 2017
funmisticqueen:
The person behind that moniker you're abusing is Omenka... A sworn hater of the Otuoke man in question.
Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by IYANGBALI: 9:25pm On Mar 05, 2017
supereagle:

They know how to do Owan nbe. igbos are copying from them.
na we open their eyes now
Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by AlmajiriAboki: 9:57pm On Mar 05, 2017
U guys u no dey c
Talk about beauty always Hausa/Fulani at number 1 the rest follow dare back. But MASSOB girls Carry last
Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by Nicheey(m): 10:17pm On Mar 05, 2017
dingbang:
Wait why una go carry ugly Igbo woman put for d pic come select other fine fine women for other tribes....

This is political!!!

lol, can't stop laughing
Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by Papalet17: 10:50pm On Mar 05, 2017
wow lovely. Hausa own make sense ooo. so beautiful nd dat of yoruba as well
Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by Daniel058(m): 12:12am On Mar 06, 2017
MARKETfund:

I did my first degree in Izzi.
Abakaliki precisely

Funny people, funny accent cheesy
I missed some coursemates though
cool, hope you can still remember some things u learnt while u re here grin
Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by Nobody: 1:11am On Mar 06, 2017
Businessideas:

O my God shocked!! This is the reason some of you ladies never become good wives or mothers because you have short temper and very rude. How will you reasonably support anyone saying a tiny Bini will win a popularity contest against major tribes that are not only far ahead of Bini in popularity and population but even older.For example,historical evidence from Ile Ife proves that the heads of dead Oba of Benin are buried in Ile Ife, which means that Ile Ife is far older than Bini.
never u in your life quote me again, u said ijaws are more popular than edo people, blatant lie.I myself am half yoruba, half benin and i know my history well so ur statement has no genesis or revelation. dont let me focus my 'short temper' on u, u will hate yourself if i become rude to you. Ignoramus . This is the reason why some of you become irresponsible men increasing the babymama population, mstcheeeww.:@
Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by Ejjis(m): 1:38am On Mar 06, 2017
priscaoge:
Abụ m ezigbo nwa afọ IGBO!!! Ụmụ nwaanyị mara mma juru na ala anyị! Anyị nwere ọtụtụ ihe oriri dị iche iche dị ka Ụkwa, Akpụ, Unere ojii na ihe ndị ọzọ! Anyị nwekwara ọtụtụ omenala na ala Igbo dị ka Ịgba mmanwụ, ịwa akwa, iri ji ọhụrụ, ịgba nkwụ nwanyị ya na ihe ndị ọzọ. Eji m Obodo m eme ọnụ! Ụmụ Igbo bụ ụmụ Chukwu.

You are real Igbo Woman.... Ihe nine Idere ebe a di correct... Maka mu onwe mu na ede gwogwo...... grin grin Biko nyetum Akara ekwennti gi..
Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by Limitless72(m): 3:05am On Mar 06, 2017
Btruth:
If only my people can truly be united. This country will be great again.

Was the country ever great before?
Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by Businessideas: 6:29am On Mar 06, 2017
funmisticqueen:

never u in your life quote me again, u said ijaws are more popular than edo people, blatant lie.I myself am half yoruba, half benin and i know my history well so ur statement has no genesis or revelation. dont let me focus my 'short temper' on u, u will hate yourself if i become rude to you. Ignoramus . This is the reason why some of you become irresponsible men increasing the babymama population, mstcheeeww.:@
I will still ignore your rudeness. Check your facts, Edo isn't even next in rank to Ijaw in terms of popularity in Nigeria so why get yourself worked up over issue you can simply get educated on with a humble spirit. I think this your pride and arrogance is the gift you got from your Bini gene not your Yoruba gene.Your insolence stinks to high heavens. Smh
Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by Btruth: 7:25am On Mar 06, 2017
Limitless72:

Was the country ever great before?
Yes. Gone are those days when naira was powerful than the dollar. Those days were when naira is acceptable in most stores in Britain.
Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by ekhai(m): 9:11am On Mar 06, 2017
martineverest:
edo still remain the most stunning and the best

i rep edo
MY BROTHER, I DEY FEEL YOU. I REP EDO.
Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by vatiqan(m): 3:03pm On Mar 06, 2017
Sorry @ Op, that's not traditional Efik wedding attire. That attire is the bride's second dressing to a non Efik man. Stop misleading people, thanx.
Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by MARKETfund: 9:39am On Mar 07, 2017
Daniel058:
cool, hope you can still remember some things u learnt while u re here grin

Yeah
Like this song: nwenne m nwa ngboko Idum ree o
Iyaa! Idum ree! grin
Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by Daniel058(m): 6:02am On Mar 08, 2017
MARKETfund:

Yeah
Like this song: nwenne m nwa ngboko Idum ree o
Iyaa! Idum ree! grin

Lol Nwangboko na girl oo..

It's ONYE Nwengboko (the owner of the world) grin
Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by MARKETfund: 4:35pm On Mar 08, 2017
Daniel058:

Lol Nwangboko na girl oo..

It's ONYE Nwengboko (the owner of the world) grin

E'follow na grin grin

Great reading about your mustard seed farming
A crop Scientist?
Re: The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks by Daniel058(m): 12:11pm On Mar 09, 2017
MARKETfund:

E'follow na grin grin

Great reading about your mustard seed farming
A crop Scientist?
.. No, am a farmer grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Learn How To Speak Hausa Language In Two Days (TUTORIALS) / Is This What Happens At Nigerian Bridal Showers? / Aderemi Sijuwade Buys Car For Labisi Folawiyo Hours Before Their Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.