Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria (30651 Views)

United Nations’ Multi Dimensional Poverty Index: Osun Ranked 2nd Richest State I / Top 5 Richest State In Nigeria / Whatever Happened To The Big Fat Lie That Osun Is The Richest State In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by arinze2015: 7:10pm On Mar 06, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

First, Sir Ojukwu was not the first Nigerian millionaire. If he was what would you call those who loaned him money to start business in Lagos, billionaires? Ojukwu may have been first Ibo millionaire but definitely not a Nigerian millionaire. Also being first chairman of scurity exchange does not eqaute to financial worth.

People are put in certain positions to drive policy. If the policy was to drain Iboland and bring all of you to Lagos to increase tax revenue and boost menial labour, then puttin Ojukwu as chairman of SEC to bait your relocation was a good and successful strategy.

With no doubt in Lagos of 50s, 60s and 70s,Ibos were the porters and boi boi employed for domestic and menial labour. This was kept a secret,that immigration is a good tool for upscaling Yoruba social status. Hence the name Okoro became a popular call for looking for an Ibo labourer to push laden dolly from truck garage in Iddo to distribution spots on Island. Same at Apapa port, when they call out for Okoro it means there is a menial job and Ibos are needed for the labour.

Tinubu repeated the same policy when he appointed Ibos to cabinet and Fashola did too. Its a strategy we used to enslave you.

Look around you, do you not see the outcomes? Your leaders have been hooked, forever! They must remain in Lagos and enjoy wealth or relocate home and die pauper. Its their choice.

So when you are counting your ethnic millionaires we will like to know where their source and location of the wealth is.

Like I said, you are less wealthy than Imo State but they dont have the inferiority complex noticeable amongst Anambra people for tooting horns. grin

Go to Kano and see Alhaji sit on mat on the floor,in dilapidated sorrounding,but go check his bank account and find the guy owns 10% of all onion export leaving out of Kano. He eats tuwo with his hands and squats to urinate but his bank is loaded and you will never han out of him grin.

Go see real wealth in Ibadan. Yoruba living in a house built in 1880 and passed down through the ages but his kolanut supply chain cut across four different countries Nigeria, Benin, Togo, Cote dIvoire, and in each of them are his wives and concubines, children numbering in 50 and counting, if he goes out of business Cocacola production line worldwide will take impact...he eats amala and ewedu and you will never hear him say hahn about his worth. He humbles himself and does not parade around with arrogance. grin

Should we talk about Adebutu (Baba Ijebu) or you want hear Eleganza story? Yorubaland is littered with them and never hear a word.

So how you take become wealtheist state, because you have red slate roof and Ibadan has red ruated metallic roof? grin grin

Boy, go siddon for corner.
please list all the billionaires in oyo and ogun altogether they are not up to anambra own please say the truth and stop all this your lies

6 Likes

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by Ilovemystate: 7:16pm On Mar 06, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

Drilling wells that Ibaji people in Kogi have claimed. Let them hear you,they will return and wipe your Aguleri out again like they did before.
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by Ilovemystate: 7:22pm On Mar 06, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

Drilling wells that Ibaji people in Kogi have claimed. Let them hear you,they will return and wipe your Aguleri out again like they did before.

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
I thought you guys said Buhari regime will cede Anambra wells to Kogi haters

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by Ilovemystate: 7:25pm On Mar 06, 2017
Anambrians control wealth in their state

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by omofunaab(m): 7:27pm On Mar 06, 2017
arinze2015:
please list all the billionaires in oyo and ogun altogether they are not up to anambra own please say the truth and stop all this your lies

Lol, arinze. ..

Whenever i see igbos bragging about wealth, i jst dey laugh sha.

There's a guy called kunle Soname in Ogun State, he is the owner of bet9ja, Remo stars and also the first Nigerian to own an European club.

Ogun state people no dey shout oooo. .Na only anambra people dey always use dis kind thing make mouth

6 Likes

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by Ilovemystate: 7:28pm On Mar 06, 2017
IVM Nnewi the only car manufacturing plant in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by ImperialYoruba: 7:29pm On Mar 06, 2017
arinze2015:

We are not an ignorant race. Wealth does not need a voice to announce, it is evident in class and status. There is a reason developed countries use GDP for measure of social upliftment, and not individual wealth. They want wealth to speak for itself, rather than through individual voice. Yoruba is a civilized society and we control the highest IGR, wealth is evident in our land, no need giving it individual listing.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by arinze2015: 7:32pm On Mar 06, 2017
omofunaab:

Lol, arinze. ..

There's a guy called kunle Soname in Ogun State, he is the owner of bet9ja, Remo stars and also the first Nigerian to own an European club.

Ogun state people no dey shout oooo. .Na only anambra people dey always use dis kind thing make mouth
simple list them not just mentioning few name
we also have great men in and out of naija

3 Likes

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by ImperialYoruba: 7:37pm On Mar 06, 2017
omofunaab:

Lol, arinze. ..

Ibo generally has been relegated to a lower political status in Nigeria due to the arrogance and immaturity of Anambra citizens. If other Ibo states desire to regain their past glory they just need to find another state beside Anambra to sell their brand. As long Anambra is the Ibo brand, SE will continue bashing head into a stubborn and unyielding barrier erected by Yoruba and Hausa.

They brag but are cowards.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by ImperialYoruba: 7:39pm On Mar 06, 2017
arinze2015:

The wealth of Ogun speaks through their IGR, no need to list individual pockets.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by omofunaab(m): 7:40pm On Mar 06, 2017
arinze2015:

Lol, I will rather enjoy your chest beating on this thread .

Chai, anambra people sha

4 Likes

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by omofunaab(m): 7:43pm On Mar 06, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

Ibo generally has been relegated to a lower political status in Nigeria due to the arrogance and immaturity of Anambra citizens. If other Ibo states desire to regain their past glory they just need to find another state beside Anambra to sell their brand. As long Anambra is the Ibo brand, SE will continue bashing head into a stubborn and unyielding barrier erected by Yoruba and Hausa.

Anambra people are something else. .

They consider themselves superior to their fellow igbo states

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by ImperialYoruba: 7:44pm On Mar 06, 2017
Ilovemystate:

I thought you guys said Buhari regime will seed the wells to Kogi haters

Its reason Anambra is not authorized for 13% derivation. Border dispute over ownership.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by Ilovemystate: 7:46pm On Mar 06, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

The wealth of Ogun speaks through their IGR, no need to list individual pockets.
Can you list the industries in Ogun owned by Yoruba men

NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS 2010-2015

BANK CREDIT AND DEPOSIT BY STATES IN NIGERIA NOT LAGOS/IBADAN PROPAGANDA

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/report/384

From the report bank deposit by states in Southeast from 2010-2015

Bank deposit in Anambra state #1'844'434.75
Bank Credit # 258'716.37
Balance #1'585'718.38

Bank deposit in Enugu #1'651'741.09
Bank credit #370'012.75
Balance #1'281'728.59

Bank deposit in Imo # 936'606.57
bank credit #218'853.32
balance #717'753.35

Bank deposit in Abia from #1'031'355.42
bank credit #391'675.25
balance 639'580.17

Bank deposit in Ebonyi #330'841.52
bank credit #93'627.5
balance 237'214.02

Southeast total balance from 2010-2015[b] #4'461'997.51[/b]

From the report bank deposit by states in Southwest from 2010-2015
excluding nation commercial center

Bank deposit in Oyo #1'617'678.48
bank credit #598'298.6
balance #1'019'379.88

Bank deposit in[b] Ogun [/b]#1'204'873.59
bank credit # 558'073.3
balance # 649'800.29

Bank deposit in Ondo #821'901.84
credit #306'621.05
balance #515'280.79

Bank deposit in Osun #648'726.72
credit #417'073.72

Balance #231'653.05

Bank deposit in Ekiti #301'136.23
credit #123,254.46
balance #177,881.77

South west total balance from 2010-2015[b] #2'593'995.78[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by ImperialYoruba: 7:49pm On Mar 06, 2017
omofunaab:

Anambra people are something else. .

They consider themselves superior to their fellow igbo states

Which Ibo group abandons their homeroot most? Anambra. Why? Because the homeland cannot sustain them. So they find intangibles to attach to sense of pride.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by arinze2015: 7:54pm On Mar 06, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

We are not an ignorant race. Wealth does not need a voice to announce, it is evident in class and status. There is a reason developed countries use GDP for measure of social upliftment, and not individual wealth. They want wealth to speak for itself, rather than through individual voice. Yoruba is a civilized society and we control the highest IGR, wealth is evident in our land, no need giving it individual listing.

please tell us what southwest would have be without lagos

OR
imagine yoruba race without lagos
Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by Ilovemystate: 7:56pm On Mar 06, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

[s]The wealth of Ogun speaks through their IGR, no need to list individual pocket[/s].

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/open-letter-asiwaju-bola-ahmed-tinubu/

et me bring this home: someone passed a comment recently that he would want Biafra to become a reality because he knows the Igbo nation will survive. That comment led me to deeper introspection as I wondered if the Yorubas can truly survive. Let me cite my first example. From Oyo to Osun, Ogun to Ondo, Ekiti to Kwara and Lagos, hardly will one see any serious industry or manufacturing concern owned by a Yoruba person. I am not talking about portfolio businesses or one-man business concerns. Most industries in Oyo State are owned by the Lebanese. The native business and industry gurus who dominated the landscape- Nathaniel Idowu, Amos Adegoke, Lekan Salami, Alao Arisekola, Adeola Odutola, Jimoh Odutola, Chief Theophilus Adediran Oni and others- are all gone with no credible replacements. I’m sure you remember the tyre factory of the Odutolas and how Jimoh Odutola was even asked by the Governments of Kenya and Ghana to set up a similar factory in their countries. Chief Theophilus Adediran # Oni , popularly called T.A # Oni & Sons started the first indigenous construction company in Nigeria. He willed his residence- Goodwill House, to the Oyo/Western state government, to be used as a Paediatric Hospital, which is now known as T.A Oni Memorial Children Hospital at Ring Road in Ibadan. This sprawling family Estate and residence was cited on a 15acre piece of land, 65 rooms, with modern conveniences, Olympic Swimming Pool and stable for Horses, etc. People like Chief Bode Akindele started companies like Standard Breweries and Dr Pepper Soft drink factory at Alomaja in Ibadan. Broking House built by the late Femi Johnson, an insurance magnate, still stands glittering in the mid-day sun as an epitome to a rich history that Ibadan has. The most serious and only notable Yoruba entrepreneur we have now is Michael Adenuga. I say this quite consciously because most of the other names are oil and gas barons. Most of what stood as testaments of industry in Oyo State are gone- Exide Batteries, Leyland Autos and many others. In its place are shopping malls and road side markets but no nation develops through buying and selling alone- especially when you’re not actually producing what you’re selling. Hypermarkets and supermarkets have taken over because of the need to feed our insatiable consumer-appetite and foreign tastes. In one instance, an ancient landmark in the form of a hotel was demolished to pave way for a mall. That is how low we have sunk. If our past is better than our present- if we always look back with nostalgia frequently, then there is a problem. The case of other states is not different. Osun’s case is pathetic. Ditto for Ondo and Ekiti. Ogun State can boast of some factories at Sango-Otta and Agbara axis but most of them are not owned by the Yorubas. There is no significant pharmaceutical company owned by any Yoruba except for Bond Chemicals in Awe, Oyo State- and its wallet share is very insignificant. For Lagos State, more than 70% of the manufacturing concerns and major industries in the State are owned by the Igbos. If the Igbos were to stop paying tax in Lagos State, the IGR of Lagos State will reduce by over 60%. In contrast, Sir, go to the South East and look at the manufacturing concerns in Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi. Please don’t forget those were areas ravaged by civil war a mere forty something years ago. The Igbos have certainly made tremendous progress but the Yoruba nation has regressed. I wish to state that this letter is not meant to whip up primordial considerations or ethnic sentiments but just to put things in proper perspective

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/open-letter-asiwaju-bola-ahmed-tinubu/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by arinze2015: 7:57pm On Mar 06, 2017
omofunaab:

Lol, I will rather enjoy your chest beating in this thread .

Chai, anambra people sha
o ti salo he don run oo grin
omofunaab:

Lol, I will rather enjoy your chest beating in this thread .

Chai, anambra people sha
o ti salo he don run oo

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by PabloAfricanus(m): 8:09pm On Mar 06, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

I completely agree with your observations.
Do you know what's worse?
They have this fantasy of being better, finer, more endowed and having a "better" culture than their fellow Igbos.
Always magnifying the smallest differences to make themselves appear better. grin
Completely uncalled for comparisons and they can't compete without rubbing it in your face.
You need to experience this for yourself and you will feel sorry for them.
Go easy on them, it's a form of inferiority complex.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by omofunaab(m): 8:14pm On Mar 06, 2017
PabloAfricanus:

I completely agree with your observations.
Do you know what's worse?
They have this fantasy of being better, finer, more endowed and having a "better" culture than their fellow Igbos.
Always magnifying the smallest differences to make themselves appear better. grin
Completely uncalled for comparisons and they can't compete without rubbing it in your face.
You need to experience this for yourself and you will feel sorry for them.
Go easy on them, it's a form of inferiority complex.

Yeah, Anambra folks need to stop all these nonsense.

One million millionaires, 200 billionaires grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by UncleJJ(m): 8:24pm On Mar 06, 2017

5 Likes

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by Killitoff: 8:44pm On Mar 06, 2017
Ilovemystate:

I thought you guys said Buhari regime will cede Anambra wells to Kogi haters

Frank, you alone with 4 handles on this thread. Your being jobless get as he be o. Haba!

5 Likes

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by Earth2Metahuman: 8:44pm On Mar 06, 2017
FKO81:

Otondo read what NBS wrote Bank credit/deposit in each state may be used as an indicator of the level of activity and well being of operators (households and businesses) in a particular state as it shows what residents are borrowing and the amount deposit in banks
these are home base, Igbos rank highest in Lagos, Abj and Rivers state in business
you are very very dull.
Northernerns don't like using bank that much. The level of activities in kano alone will dwarf all five south east states put together.
That's why you can't use bank activities

kano richer than each 5 east state. Abia has highest number of millionaires in south east.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by Killitoff: 8:48pm On Mar 06, 2017
Ogun state people go just dey laugh for corner. Silent and not chest beating billionaires.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by Earth2Metahuman: 8:50pm On Mar 06, 2017
Deathslater:
[/s]

Be proud of your state for once, we are not talking about Kaduna.

Stop disgracing your state.
e pain am grin
Abia has highest number of millionaires
Kano is richer than all 5 south east states tongue

5 Likes

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by arinze2015: 8:56pm On Mar 06, 2017
Killitoff:
Ogun state people go just dey laugh for corner. Silent and not chest beating billionaires.
ogun nikan ko ijebu ode ni list those ogun billionaires we are waiting
Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by Killitoff: 9:00pm On Mar 06, 2017
arinze2015:
ogun nikan ko ijebu ode ni list those ogun billionaires we are waiting

Kid, I should start listing billionaires just to satisfy a jobless troll like you. I have something reasonable to do with my time, use google or nairaland search since you have enough time to waste.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by arinze2015: 9:02pm On Mar 06, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
e pain am grin

Abia has highest number of millionaires

Kano is richer than all 5 south east states tongue
this is the real meaning of inferiority complex we are achiever and we are proud of it so represent your tribe

and let you mention all the northern billonaires they not up to anambra own fact

5 Likes

Re: Anambra State Is The Richest State In Nigeria by arinze2015: 9:22pm On Mar 06, 2017
Killitoff:

Kid, I should start listing billionaires just to satisfy a jobless troll like you. I have something reasonable to do with my time, use google or nairaland search since you have enough time to waste.
then why posting with evidence or link

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Commuters Commend Tinubu/shettima-Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative / Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' / U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.