Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,459 members, 7,836,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Obasanjo- How Governors Under My Government Caused The Current Hardship. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo- How Governors Under My Government Caused The Current Hardship. (533 Views)

APC Crisis: How Governors Frustrated Oyegun’s Plot To Abort Convention / May God Give Nigerians Patience To Tolerate My Government – Buhari / How Governors, Senators, Others Stopped Magu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo- How Governors Under My Government Caused The Current Hardship. by trendsng1(m): 7:04am On Mar 07, 2017
Ex President Olusegun Obasanjo, said the current hardship being faced by Nigerians is as result of the decisions of the Governors under his administration.

In an interview with Channels Television, Obasanjo said the state Governors during his tenure had failed to save for the rainy days .

According to Obasanjo, “When I came in as President, the price of fuel hovered between eight and nine dollars and this made us unable to balance our budget.

“The economy then was going up and down and were we behaved stupidly was that he did not bear in mind that there will be a rainy day. In trying to save for rainy days I said let me get debt relive because we were spending almost $3bn to service debt and it was not going down.

“Then I demanded we save the money we realised about what we budget that we will sell oil, but the then governors said no, I however insisted, that’s not the way to go, keep it for a rainy day and we created the “Excess Crude” account.”

“State governors will come asking we share the money after all it belongs to all of us and I refused saying we must save for rainy days but they insist.

“The said the rains have come and when the rains came they have squandered all the money and that is why we are where we are now.”

Source- http://www.trendsng.com/2017/03/ex-president-obasanjo-how-governors.html
Re: Obasanjo- How Governors Under My Government Caused The Current Hardship. by tsamson(m): 7:05am On Mar 07, 2017
Hmmm even you
Re: Obasanjo- How Governors Under My Government Caused The Current Hardship. by ojun50(m): 7:14am On Mar 07, 2017
So it is nt Gej again

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo- How Governors Under My Government Caused The Current Hardship. by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 07, 2017
It was actually during Jonathan period that that Criminal Called AMAECHI gathers his follow hawks and took the federal government to court, share the ECA but now he is a General of common sense in APC yet nobody has remember how evil this man was and what he caused Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo- How Governors Under My Government Caused The Current Hardship. by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 7:19am On Mar 07, 2017
This old man talks like a phool undecided
Re: Obasanjo- How Governors Under My Government Caused The Current Hardship. by thinkdip(m): 7:31am On Mar 07, 2017
And also donated 10m to your fraudulent library.
Re: Obasanjo- How Governors Under My Government Caused The Current Hardship. by nightingalee: 7:31am On Mar 07, 2017
Re: Obasanjo- How Governors Under My Government Caused The Current Hardship. by Raphael81(m): 7:40am On Mar 07, 2017
Baba, u still tell all these lies even @ 80? You still paint yourself as a saint? While many people have linked you with the problems of Nigeria, I will not join the bandwagon because it is not easy to attain 80years or stupidity or wisdom, anyway thanks for all your contributions to the development of Nigeria, you gave us Goodluck who sold yams and you pulled him back by supporting another man who has deserted from his office.... Anyways Bo Ifiok sir

(1) (Reply)

KOWA Manifesto / Abia A Model State In The Fight Against Corruption ~ ICPC / Drama As Buhari Asks For Lai Muhammed’s Whereabouts At FEC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.