Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,326 members, 7,822,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires (13094 Views)

The Methodology Of The Salaf Was The Soundest, The Most Correct And The Best / Faced With Sexual Desires Or Have Wet Dreams & You Are Unmarried?learn From This / Who Are The Salaf? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Alennsar(f): 6:52pm On Aug 09, 2017
Kaytixy:
Wallahi Wallahi Wallahi brothers if you know what this people do all in the name of Islam you will cry to death. I have lived amongst them and I have plenty sunnatic brothers who were former tijaniyya bit Allah SWA later guided them. In my place every 10 days to the end of Ramadan there is what they y call Ramadan tablet. Its a little paper with Arabic writing on it. They buy it for 20naira and what they do is that they swallow it subhannalah. The last Ramadan I went to my aunts home to try and persuade her from taking it but she refused and felt pitied for her. And this they got from one of their renowned sheikh at okene. There are days in Ramadan that they will have to recite suratul iklas, falaq wa nas during Ramadan in the bathroom naked. Look brothers what I'm saying is not hearsay but first hand experience wallahi.

my neighbours are still doing it till today. maybe they Will change tomorrow. Shia & Sufi are dsame just dat Shia fathered d sufis.mtcheew
Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Empiree: 6:57pm On Aug 09, 2017
AbdelKabir:

What did I go through? Oh, you must be thinking I was so so depressed because of the foolishness and hypocrisy you guys displayed? Wrong, By Allaah I wasn't disturb a bit......

You don come with your lousy sources again grin

This is not a salafi website its a site of deobandis, don't mistake it for islamqa.info.....

And all they could say is "its inauthentic" without telling us how?
Fact is presented before you. Take it or leave it. How could such Imam uttered that?. I guess you need to read on Imam Maaliki(ra) on the subject too. If Imam Shafi'i said that, why would Imam Ibn Tayimmiyah joined Qadriya sufi?. Oh you are saying those shuyukh like baba Adam etc were idiots after offering salat zuhur?. You are incredible for even believing this nonsense. Go and face ahlusunnah to finish you off first. The dude is giving u nightmares

All islamic scientists of the past were sufi people. So were they idiots?

1 Like

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Empiree: 9:20pm On Aug 09, 2017
Now, here we go. cheesy http://www.sunnah.org/tasawwuf/testimon.htm you can call this one too "lousy dalil"

Imam Abu Hanifa (81-150 H./700-767 CE)

Imam Abu Hanifa (r) (85 H.-150 H) said, "If it were not for two years, I would have perished. For two years I accompanied Sayyidina Jacfar as-Sadiq and I acquired the spiritual knowledge that made me a knower in the Way."

Imam Malik (94-179 H./716-795 CE)

Imam Malik (r) said, "Whoever studies jurisprudence [fiqh] and didn't study Sufism (tasawwuf) will be corrupted; and whoever studied tasawwuf and didn't study fiqh will become a heretic; and whoever combined both will be reach the Truth." This saying is mentioned and explained in the book of the scholar 'Ali al-Adawi with the explanation of Imam Abil-Hassan, a scholar of fiqh, vol. 2, p. 195.

Now, this is the point. ^^ join both is the best way to go. Thats what i do. I started with both especially fiqh

Imam Shafici (150-205 H./767-820 CE)

Imam Shafici said, "I accompanied the Sufi people and I received from them three knowledges:

1. they taught me how to speak
2. they taught me how to treat people with leniency and a soft heart.
3. they guided me in the ways of Sufism."

This is mentioned in the books, Kashf al-Khafa and Muzid al-Albas, by Imam 'Ajluni, vol. 1, p. 341.

Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal (164-241 H./780-855 CE)

Imam Ahmad (r) said, advising his son, "O my son, you have to sit with the People of Sufism, because they are like a fountain of knowledge and they keep the Remembrance of Allah in their hearts. They are the ascetics and they have the most spiritual power." This is explained in the book Tanwir al-Qulub, p. 405, by Shaikh Amin al-Kurdi.

Imam Ahmad said about the Sufis, as mentioned in the book Ghiza al-Albab, vol. 1, p. 120, "I don't know any people better than them."

Imam al-Muhasibi (d. 243 H./857 CE)

Imam al-Muhasibi reported that the Prophet (s) said, "My Nation is going to split into 73 divisions and only one of them will be the Group of Salvation." And Allah knows best that the Group is the people of Tasawwuf. He went deeply into the explanation of that subject, in the book Kitab al-Wasiya p. 27-32.

Imam al-Qushayri (d. 465 H./1072 CE)

Imam al-Qushayri said about Sufism, "Allah made this group the best of His saints and He honored them above all of His Servants after His Messengers and Prophets, and He made their hearts the secrets of His Divine Presence and He chose them from among the Nation to receive His Lights. They are the means of humanity. He cleaned them from all connnections to this world, and He lifted them to the highest states of vision. And He unveiled to them the Realities of His Unique Oneness. He made them to observe His Will operating in them. He made them to shine in His Existence and to appear as Lights of His Lights." [ar-Risalat al-Qushayriyya, p. 2]

Imam Nawawi (620-676 H./1223-1278 CE)

Imam Nawawi said, in his Letters, al-Maqasid, "The specifications of the Way of the Sufis are five:

To keep the Presence of Allah in your heart in public and in private;
To follow the Sunnah of the Prophet (s) by actions and speech;
To keep away from dependence on people;
To be happy with what Allah gives you, even if it is little;
To always refer your matters to Allah, Almighty and Exalted." [Maqasid at-Tawhid, p. 20]

Ibn Khaldun (733-808 H./1332-1406 CE)

Ibn Khaldun said, "The way of the Sufis is the way of the Salaf, the Scholars among the Sahaba, Tabiceen, and Tabic at-Tabiceen. Its origin is to worship Allah and to leave the ornaments of this world and its pleasures." [Muqaddimat ibn Khaldan, p. 328]

Sheikh Abdul Rahim Oniwasi agbaye {1921-2012)

وكان الصحابة من النبي سوفيس {companions of the prophet were sufis}

Jalaluddin as-Suyuti

He said in his book Ta'yad al-haqiqat al-cAliyya, p. 57, "Sufism in itself is the best and most honorable knowledge. It explains how to follow the Sunnah of the Prophet (s) and to leave innovation."

Ibn Taymiyya (661-728 H./1263-1328 CE)

In Majmaca Fatawa Ibn Taymiyya, published by Dar ar-Rahmat, Cairo, Vol, 11, page 497, Book of Tasawwuf, Ibn Taymiyya says: "You have to know that the rightly-guided shaikhs must be taken as guides and examples in the Dan, as they are following in the footsteps of the Prophets and Messengers. The Way (tariqat) of those shaikhs is to call people to Allah's Divine Presence and obedience to the Prophet."

Ibn Taymiyya says on page 499 of the same volume: "The shaikhs whom we need to take as guides are our examples and we have to follow them. As when on the Hajj (the pilgrimage), one needs a guide (dalal) to reach the Kacba, these shaikhs are our guide (dalal) to Allah and our Prophet (s)."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Demmzy15(m): 6:16pm On Aug 10, 2017
This is the site Empiree supports and propagates, a site where they invoke Allaah's curse on Muslims. Now I'm seeing how messier you're becoming nowadays, thanks to AlBaqir!!! cheesy

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Empiree: 6:39pm On Aug 10, 2017
Demmzy15:
This is the site Emp.iree supports and propagates, a site where they invoke Allaah's curse on Muslims. Now I'm seeing how messier you're becoming nowadays, thanks to AlBaqir!!! cheesy
Be sensible for a second please
Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by FriendNG: 7:12pm On Aug 10, 2017
Demmzy15:
This is the site Empiree supports and propagates, a site where they invoke Allaah's curse on Muslims. Now I'm seeing how messier you're becoming nowadays, thanks to AlBaqir!!! cheesy

Hahhahahah. When they cannot prove Allah is everywhere, they curse people. So do they mean the prophet is Alive from what I am seeing?
Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by AlBaqir(m): 8:29pm On Aug 10, 2017
Empiree:
If you expect fish to climb tree, you go wait tire o.

1 Like

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Demmzy15(m): 8:54pm On Aug 10, 2017
Empiree:
tongue
Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Empiree: 9:45pm On Aug 10, 2017
Demmzy15:
This is the site Empire.e supports and propagates, a site where they invoke Allaah's curse on Muslims. Now I'm seeing how messier you're becoming nowadays, thanks to Al.Baqir!!! cheesy
FriendNG:

Hahhahahah. When they cannot prove Allah is everywhere, they curse people. So do they mean the prophet is Alive from what I am seeing?
I honestly don't understand how you brothers think sometimes. Just bcus i quoted from a website means I am defending them?. I dont support a Muslim cursing fellow Muslims.

Now, to the claim that nabi Muhammad is alive, i think you brothers need to humble your ego and learn. That underlined statement is in harmony with Quran (3:169) and universally accepted sunnah. If Allah confirms shaheed are alive (in whatever form He meant), how about nabi who is greater than shaheed?, No level of righteousness of any individual can compete with status nabi (saw). So nabi is dead and buried in Medina, but he is alive in the sense that many ahadith confirmed unless you want to daif those ahadith. Our deeds are presented to nabi , and if he sees any good in it, he praises Allah. If he sees evil in it, he pleads on our behalf. So that sound like a family members of yours that was dead and forgotten{no offence intended pls)?. So this is what they meant by that statement. If you need references for those ahadith i just paraphrased, will be glad to provide them. Even in a debate btw Abdul Rahman and Sheikh Ashrah this was affirmed.

And the same way you and i believe Allah is above is Throne with proof from Quran, is the same way we believe Allah is everywhere (with every individual and constantly watching Q50:16. I you think this is shirk, then, you are committing shirk if you think Allah is confined above His Throne. Allah is free from any sort of confinement.
Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Demmzy15(m): 10:47pm On Aug 10, 2017
^^^I'm not in the mode for any long unreasonable argument. Days ago, you called us "miscreants", I fully know the meaning of that word. If you referenced from such a site, you should have written a disclaimer, when I created a thread about Iran, I clearly indicated where I disagreed with the columnist who wrote the article.

You even compared me to deathstroke007 aka AhluSunnah(a khariji, who's brainwashed and full of takfeer) because I rejected your notion of Sheikh AbdulQadr(rahimahullâh) of being a Soofee. So yes Empiree, I believe you agree with the content of the site or have joined AlBaqir in taqqiyah? tongue
Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by FriendNG: 1:51am On Aug 11, 2017
Empiree:
I honestly don't understand how you brothers think sometimes. Just bcus i quoted from a website means I am defending them?. I dont support a Muslim cursing fellow Muslims.

Ofcourse if you are happy to quote from those sites without disclaimer, that means you are sympathetic to it course.

Now, to the claim that nabi Muhammad is alive, i think you brothers need to humble your ego and learn. That underlined statement is in harmony with Quran (3:169) and universally accepted sunnah. If Allah confirms shaheed are alive (in whatever form He meant), how about nabi who is greater than shaheed?, No level of righteousness of any individual can compete with status nabi (saw). So nabi is dead and buried in Medina, but he is alive in the sense that many ahadith confirmed unless you want to daif those ahadith. Our deeds are presented to nabi , and if he sees any good in it, he praises Allah. If he sees evil in it, he pleads on our behalf. So that sound like a family members of yours that was dead and forgotten{no offence intended pls)?. So this is what they meant by that statement. If you need references for those ahadith i just paraphrased, will be glad to provide them. Even in a debate btw Abdul Rahman and Sheikh Ashrah this was affirmed.

Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him is not alive you can take that anywhere. Allah Subhanahu Wata'ala Himself Said categorically the Prophet will die. He said all living will die. What so ever on earth will perish.

1. Everyone on the earth will perish without exception. ONLY ALMIGHTY ALLAH WILL REMAIN

Everyone upon the earth will perish, And there will remain the Face of your Lord, Owner of Majesty and Honor. [Quran 55: 26-27]

Verily, you (O Muhammad SAW) will die and verily, they (too) will die. [Quran 30: 39]

(Anyone arguing with this is dragging it with God.)

2. Barzak (LIfe After Death)

You dont need to provide any hadith for me, we all there is Life after death.

The prophet is alive in his grave in the sense of the life of al-barzakh, so he enjoys the blessings that Allaah has prepared for him as a reward for his great good actions that he did in this world. But the life in the grave is not like the life of this world, or the life in the Hereafter.

LET ME GIVE YOU AN ASSIGNMENT QUOTE FROM THAT WEBSITE THE MEANING OF THE PROPHET IS ALIVE? I AM 70% SURE IT MEANS SOMETHING DEVIATING. WHEN MANY OF YOU BELIEVE THAT THE PROPHET COME TO VISIT YOUR SHIEKS, HE EVEN EAT FOOD WITH ONE OF THE SHIEKS (I FORGET HIS NAME)

And the same way you and i believe Allah is above is Throne with proof from Quran, is the same way we believe Allah is everywhere (with every individual and constantly watching Q50:16. I you think this is shirk, then, you are committing shirk if you think Allah is confined above His Throne. Allah is free from any sort of confinement.

Allah is in Al'arsh you cannot dispute that, who knows the way HE Is? No one and that is what Islam teaches. But you over savi people tell us ALllah (SWT) is every where. Count us out in this your evil saying. Why must you think Allah is like human that when it was stated HE is above the throne, you begin to think HE CANNOT. Who are you to compare your own mental reasoning with Allah? You are MR Nobody from nowhere.

The prophet ones determine the faith of a slave by asking her "Where is Allah" and she replied " Allah is in the samaa". You can go and believe what you wanted too, what your brain tells you but for we it is sufficient for as far the prophet hadith above.

Allah is aware of anything, even a single drop of leaf from a tree in the forest anywhere in the world at the same time, but that is not a reason for you to say he is everywhere.

Because by doing so, you are using your brain to think how can HE know what is happening in Nigeria and china concurrently if HE is not everywhere (That ur own thinking because ALLAH IS NOT a human.)

A human cannot know what is happening in the next room closer to him without going inside the room and dax human 4 u and not the ALMIGHTY.

NOTE THIS: ALLAH IS IN SAMA'U AND NO AMOUNT OF EXPLANATION CAN CHANGE THAT. WE WERE NEVER TAUGHT HE IS EVERYWHERE AND WE WONT ACCEPT IT WITHOUT PROOF.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Empiree: 2:21am On Aug 11, 2017
Dont even know why you are overthinking too much on a very simply thing. Do you think they are against the Quranic ayat you cited?. My point, dont restrict Allah to a place or time. "Laysa-ka-mithli-he-shay" Evidences provided by your favorite site are rather understood literally. But i have no problem with them.
It is normal when someone is asked "where is God?" everyone points to the sky. There is no problem with that. It is only problematic if you think He is restricted up there. Both views are correct. There is no misguidance whether you think He is above or everywhere unless you fail to understand. For instance, Husni Mubarak once said "the power of Egypt is in my hand". Was he actually referring to his physical hand?. He meant sovereignty. Think!

When Allah says He is above His creation doesn't mean physically on top of them. The moment you ascribe physical attraction to Allah, regardless of how many references you cited, you are committing shirk. "Laysa-ka-mithli-he-shay" There is nothing like Him. So the short and simple answer to question is that Allah Most High exists beyond time, space, location and ‘physical’ direction; He is where He has always been. it is important to realize that the issue ‘where is Allah?’ was never debated or made a matter of great dispute by the Companions (sahaba) and early Muslims (salaf). We seldom find within classical teachings of mainstream Muslim scholars that people went around asking and debating where Allah Most High is! And aside from the hadith of Sahih Muslim in which the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) asked the slave-girl (jariya) “Where is Allah?”, there seems to be no other text of the Qur’an and Sunna in which this question is asked. As for the hadith of the slave-girl, it has its own specific context.

FriendNG:

Ofcourse if you are happy to quote from those sites without disclaimer, that means you are sympathetic to it course.

Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him is not alive you can take that anywhere. Allah Subhanahu Wata'ala Himself Said categorically the Prophet will die. He said all living will die. What so ever on earth will perish.

1. Everyone on the earth will perish without exception. ONLY ALMIGHTY ALLAH WILL REMAIN

Everyone upon the earth will perish, And there will remain the Face of your Lord, Owner of Majesty and Honor. [Quran 55: 26-27]

Verily, you (O Muhammad SAW) will die and verily, they (too) will die. [Quran 30: 39]

(Anyone arguing with this is dragging it with God.)

2. Barzak (LIfe After Death)

You dont need to provide any hadith for me, we all there is Life after death.

The prophet is alive in his grave in the sense of the life of al-barzakh, so he enjoys the blessings that Allaah has prepared for him as a reward for his great good actions that he did in this world. But the life in the grave is not like the life of this world, or the life in the Hereafter.

LET ME GIVE YOU AN ASSIGNMENT QUOTE FROM THAT WEBSITE THE MEANING OF THE PROPHET IS ALIVE? I AM 70% SURE IT MEANS SOMETHING DEVIATING. WHEN MANY OF YOU BELIEVE THAT THE PROPHET COME TO VISIT YOUR SHIEKS, HE EVEN EAT FOOD WITH ONE OF THE SHIEKS (I FORGET HIS NAME)

Allah is in Al'arsh you cannot dispute that, who knows the way HE Is? No one and that is what Islam teaches. But you over savi people tell us ALllah (SWT) is every where. Count us out in this your evil saying. Why must you think Allah is like human that when it was stated HE is above the throne, you begin to think HE CANNOT. Who are you to compare your own mental reasoning with Allah? You are MR Nobody from nowhere.

The prophet ones determine the faith of a slave by asking her "Where is Allah" and she replied " Allah is in the samaa". You can go and believe what you wanted too, what your brain tells you but for we it is sufficient for as far the prophet hadith above.

Allah is aware of anything, even a single drop of leaf from a tree in the forest anywhere in the world at the same time, but that is not a reason for you to say he is everywhere.

Because by doing so, you are using your brain to think how can HE know what is happening in Nigeria and china concurrently if HE is not everywhere (That ur own thinking because ALLAH IS NOT a human.)

A human cannot know what is happening in the next room closer to him without going inside the room and dax human 4 u and not the ALMIGHTY.

NOTE THIS: ALLAH IS IN SAMA'U AND NO AMOUNT OF EXPLANATION CAN CHANGE THAT. WE WERE NEVER TAUGHT HE IS EVERYWHERE AND WE WONT ACCEPT IT WITHOUT PROOF.
We have not been commanded to identify the exact ‘physical location’ of Allah; rather our responsibility is to recognize Allah (ma’rifa), build a strong relationship with Him, affirm His exaltedness (tanzih), affirm His Oneness (tawhid), learn about His attributes (sifat), worship Him, obey His commands and abstain from His prohibitions. Beyond that, there is no Islamic obligation to know where Allah Almighty exactly is; neither is it possible for the meager intellects of us created beings to fully grasp the reality and majesty of our Creator. We have not even fully understood the reality of our souls, bodies, the sun, the moon, the stars, the mountains, the sky, and so forth; then how are we expected to comprehend the essence (kunh) of the Almighty.

The central point of belief (aqida) with respect to Allah Most High – alongside affirmation of His Oneness (tawhid) – is His transcendence (tanzih), which has a clear Qur’anic basis and is unanimously agreed upon. Tanzih refers to affirming, in absolute and emphatic terms, that there is no similitude between Allah and His creation. Allah does not resemble His creation in any way, and there is no creation that is similar to Him in any way. No imagination can conceive of Him and no understanding can comprehend Him, as He is different from all created beings.

Allah Most High says about Himself, "Laysa-ka-mithli-he-shay" “There is nothing whatsoever like unto Him.” (Qur’an 42:11)

So you may be committing shirk if you think Allah is physically above in the sky. Get over that. This shouldn't even be discussed whereby people start calling another kafir or deviant which you already did.

I can quote from any website so long as their understanding is in line with sharia. From islamqa you quoted means you are defending them too. Did you ever put up your disclaimer anytime you quoted from them?. This is internet. Infos are too broad to glean
Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Sissie(f): 4:55am On Aug 11, 2017
Literal vs figurative
Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Empiree: 5:21am On Aug 11, 2017
grin cheesy
Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by FriendNG: 10:40am On Aug 11, 2017
There is no point arguing with you. If you believe Allah is everywhere then you're on your own.

When we said Allah is above the sky doesn't mean restricting him, the moment u claim we are restricting him, then you're using the capacity of your mental understanding. Stop using this as a basics of comparison ( I.e your brain IQ)

Allah is the sky - If you still believe that statement is restricting him then so be it. You can continue to believe that.

I quote in the websites I believe-in 90% and NOT website that call people Kafur and curse them because they say Allah is In Sama'a.

We repeat Allah is in the sky above the throne and any other believing otherwise is deviating from the truth and using his sense of judgement regarding the most High.

You're saying Laisa Kamislihi Shai'un but still comparing the statement of " He is in sky" with something u think.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Empiree: 11:12am On Aug 11, 2017
^

i dont even understand everything you said up there. Seems to me you dont grasp what i posted at all
Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Empiree: 12:14am On May 02, 2018
ikupakuti:
^^^

grin Their headache now shouldnt be the SUFIs. They should go & face JABATA who is practicing the original WAHABISM, not the fake one the are clinging on to today.

The guy has beaten them to it! The same manhaj they use in condemning other is exactly what hes using - ‘KITAB & SUNNAH‘. He said NO “SCHOLARS“ no “TAQLEED“ without KITAB & SUNNAH!

They are always afraid of confronting him coz they‘ve envisage where it will lead to grin confronting him will blow the lid off the hypocrisy of WAHABIYYA cheesy & that, they cant risk!

WAHABIYYA is 5% KITAB & SUNNAH & 95% manipulation of their “scholars“. Its an aqeedah that cannot last! Once you remove the manipulations of those “scholars“ , it will crash! This, they know quite well!

When you coner them, they start quoting their “scholars“ who they actually follow & not KITAB & SUNNAH that they always pretend to follow!

Common SALAF-PLUMBER here they cant counter! grin

Common bring proof from kitab & sunnah that all bid‘a aint kufur, they start quoting uthaymeen! Coz they‘ve distorted the true meaning of bid‘a!

They should leave SIDI alone & go engage their fatal destruction thats waiting to happen!
Re: How The Salaf Dealt With The People Of Desires by Empiree: 12:15am On May 02, 2018
Empiree:
^
This is interesting. Exactly, they knew where the guy was driving them at. They had to chill LOL grin

There is NO WAY they can possibly counter him. Served them right.

Awon aguntan ati Ole n tele Alfa cool

Alhusunnah is truly their pain in the neck cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hijab Dispute: COHI Warns LASG / My Hijab Experience / Muslim Students Reject Hijab Ban In Lagos Public Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.