Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,854 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Cheque In The Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cheque In The Church (6239 Views)

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / False Spirits Invade The Church - WOLF or WOF / The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cheque In The Church by ttalks(m): 9:32am On Dec 25, 2009
Luk 6:38
(38) If you give to others, you will be given a full amount in return. It will be packed down, shaken together, and spilling over into your lap. The way you treat others is the way you will be treated.

The words in bold is the whole point of Luke 6:38 and the few verses before it which deal with the way we relate with other people around us.
It has absolutely nothing to do with the fabled formular of giving to the church or pastor in the hope of expecting a mighty return in investments.
Re: Cheque In The Church by tbaba83(m): 1:50pm On Dec 25, 2009
DO you know the richest people in the world are not christians. Some people here attribute greed to not paying your tithes but the way i see it greed is when you are not patient to recieve God's rewards in heaven and you want to enjoy it here on earth. Greed is when you see your fellow human being suffering around you and yet just because of greedy nature to prosper you deny them what you can easily afford. People here are quoting BIBLE here to suppport false beliefs but is it not the same BIBLE that said if your brother dies you should marry his wife but yet i dont see believers doing that The most important thing today should be salvation not prosperity.
Re: Cheque In The Church by Joagbaje(m): 11:42pm On Dec 25, 2009
The most important thing today should be salvation not prosperity.
2 Cor. 8:9
For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
Re: Cheque In The Church by nuella2(f): 2:09pm On Dec 29, 2009
@ posters
God gave his best, what is too much 4 us to give today? salary, car, land, property just name it. I can give anything for the work of God, selfishness has died, why will i lay up treasure on earth when is temporal. The church of Jesus christ has 4gotten what happen to annaiahs and his wife, do u know it was there property they sold, humanly thinking they have right to keep some back abi? If a man loves God, it shows in his giving especially monetarily. Imagine just chegue ur talking, so if ur to sell ur only property u will kill somebody. Giving is suppose to be our live style. That pastor did notin wrong.
Re: Cheque In The Church by KunleOshob(m): 9:10am On Dec 30, 2009
nuella2:

@ posters
God gave his best, what is too much 4 us to give today? salary, car, land, property just name it. I can give anything for the work of God, selfishness has died, why will i lay up treasure on earth when is temporal. The church of Jesus christ has 4gotten what happen to annaiahs and his wife, do u know it was there property they sold, humanly thinking they have right to keep some back abi? If a man loves God, it shows in his giving especially monetarily. Imagine just chegue your talking, so if your to sell your only property u will kill somebody. Giving is suppose to be our live style. That pastor did notin wrong.

You are right, there is nothing wrong in giving God your best the only problem is that God directed we give to him through the poor and the needy [matthew 25:31-40] and NOT greedy men twisting scripture and parading themselves as men of God.
Re: Cheque In The Church by nuella2(f): 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2009
You remind me of some religious zealous pple in the bible, how do i start educating u, ok. Do u know when saul was killing chriatians he thought he was doing the right thing? When Peter preached to Conelius the other apostles thought he was wrong. Your fighting for what u think is right But ur wrong. We are to to men to God, phi 4v15, was Paul poor? we give to them so friuts can abound in our account phi 4v17. I see u talk so much about the poor like the Jehovah witness but we still have so many poor pple around, u even sell watchtower to same poor pple u so talk about. Aniway i believe in giving to the poor which i do but i believe greater in giving towards the gospel that changes a poor man to a rich man. Partnership with a man of God to reach the ends of the earth, through the internet, tv and radio which is not paid for by the blood of Jesus but money. Why are u so furious about the money others are giving, is it ur money? are the pple forced to give? Dont be another saul, we dont need it.
Re: Cheque In The Church by Joagbaje(m): 10:17am On Dec 31, 2009
nuella2:

, " I see u talk so much about the poor like the Jehovah witness but we still have so many poor pple around, u even sell watchtower to same poor pple u so talk about", 

No wonder, Now i understand!!. I had said before that any man that excesively campaign for  the poor like this must be up to something.
John 12:3-8
    Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment. [4] Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him, [5] Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor? [6] This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein. [7] Then said Jesus, Let her alone",

we give to our pastors not because they lack but for our prosperity because of the anointing on them.

Numbers 18:8
    And the Lord spake unto Aaron, Behold, I also have given thee the charge of mine heave offerings of all the hallowed things of the children of Israel; unto thee have I given them by reason of the anointing, and to thy sons, by an ordinance for ever.

Thesame things applies to apostle Paul.
Philip. 4:16-19
    For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity. [17] Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account. [18] But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God. [19] But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Isaac told Esau he wanted to bless him but Esau should prepare him food before he could bless him why?
BECAUSE OF THE ANOINTING
Genesis 27:4
[i] And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die.
[/i]

Elijah told the  poor widow to give him food first  even her last meal so that she can prosper, why?
BECAUSE OF THE ANOINTING

1 Kings 17:13-14
And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son. [14] For thus saith the Lord God of Israel, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the Lord sendeth rain upon the earth.

We give to God ,
we give to the poor
we give for Church project
we must continually give to men of God , so that the anointing upon them bless us more.

My conclusion on the matter is in what Paul said.
1 Cor. 2:14
    But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Re: Cheque In The Church by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 31, 2009
By God, this is d funniest thing to come out of a chruch ever. My dad gas tears in his eyes from laughter after i showed him this
Re: Cheque In The Church by KunleOshob(m): 4:30pm On Dec 31, 2009
@Mr Agbaje
At this point i would live you to your delusions, at least on that day yopu would not be able to deny being told the truth.
Re: Cheque In The Church by mabell: 6:51pm On Dec 31, 2009
aisha2:

By God, this is d funniest thing to come out of a chruch ever. My dad gas tears in his eyes from laughter after i showed him this

Your dad laughed cos of the post, that's interesting but i wonder why i'm not laughing
If only you know what is happening, believe me you wouldn't laugh
you probably are thinking that aah see xtians jamming their heads together ba?
Re: Cheque In The Church by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 31, 2009
mabell:

Your dad laughed cos of the post, that's interesting but i wonder why i'm not laughing
If only you know what is happening, believe me you wouldn't laugh
you probably are thinking that aah see xtians jamming their heads together ba?
sad how myopic people can be. my dad and i like many other minorities from the north re christains. How do u just come to such a conclusion, he is laughing because he has always told us to stick to traditional churches that stuff like this happens in new generation churches, he gave me an example of a friends thanksgiving he attended in one new generational church, the pastor on sighting him though he had caught a big fish, they had five offerings, my dad said he had some 10 naira mints with him and with each round of the offering he would put like 20 in an envelope. They poor pastor did not know dta he hosted one of the most stingy men in d world
@Mabel, take life easy and give people benefit of doubt, am a christain and if u ve bothered to just check up on me on nairaland u would ve known that,I know what happens in these churches and it bothers me a lot
Re: Cheque In The Church by nuella2(f): 9:03am On Jan 01, 2010
@ Aisha2 . What do you people really think pastors are. Why would a man of God think he has caught a big fish because your father came in to church.Is church about money or saving souls. How carnal !? If they took 10 offerings why woul it be for your dad sake. A man of God doesnt look at peoples pockets but how to change people s lives. It is a sin to assume and ascribe a wrong motive to a pastors action. If youre not comfortable with a particular church system just find the one youre comfortable with. we may not all agree on every point but stop ridiculing men of God as christians

Romans 14:4
Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

IF THERES A NEGATIVE MOTIVE , LEAVE HIM TO HIS MASTER.
Re: Cheque In The Church by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 01, 2010
nuella2:

@ Aisha2 . What do you people really think pastors are. Why would a man of God think he has caught a big fish because your father came in to church.Is church about money or saving souls. How carnal !? If they took 10 offerings why woul it be for your dad sake. A man of God doesnt look at peoples pockets but how to change people s lives. It is a sin to assume and ascribe a wrong motive to a pastors action. If youre not comfortable with a particular church system just find the one youre comfortable with. we may not all agree on every point but stop ridiculing men of God as christians

Romans 14:4
Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

IF THERES A NEGATIVE MOTIVE , LEAVE HIM TO HIS MASTER.

Abeg my dear take a chill pill. if you are one of those chop money pastor or married to one plaese change or tell them to change. There are abusing the body and name of Christ
Re: Cheque In The Church by tbaba83(m): 2:21pm On Jan 01, 2010
aisha2:

Abeg my dear take a chill pill. if you are one of those chop money pastor or married to one plaese change or tell them to change. There are abusing the body and name of Christ
grin grin grin
Re: Cheque In The Church by nuella2(f): 10:33am On Jan 02, 2010
@aisha2 are u a chriatian? which christian talks like this in the bible''chop money pastor'' ur heart needs washing and ur words are unseasoned. Tell ur dad the money he is hiding from God will soon grow wings and fly to the hand of the righteous. Such men buy cars for thier girlfriends but 10naira for God, what a shame!!!
Re: Cheque In The Church by KunleOshob(m): 10:39am On Jan 02, 2010
@nuella
Obviously, you are thoroughly brainwashed. Are you claiming all pastors who claim to be serving God are genuine? Didn't Jesus warn about false preachers who would come in his name to deceive
Re: Cheque In The Church by ShdAde: 11:36am On Jan 02, 2010
Terrible indee that this sort of thing is happening. It is only because of the economic situation in the country that this is happening. Or pray, why would people who are assured of getting what they deserve at the end of a month need a pastor to pray on their cheque books? The pastors are also capitalizing on the greed of the average Nigerian.
Re: Cheque In The Church by tbaba83(m): 12:02pm On Jan 02, 2010
@nuella2 you are a big F.O.O.L. At least have some respect 4 person papa. Just because u are frustrated and you want to get your points across must you go that far to say something as immature about her father. I.D.I.O.T. And you call yourself a christian?
Re: Cheque In The Church by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 02, 2010
Posted by: Joagbaje
Insert Quote
Quote from: nuella2 on December 30, 2009, 04:51 PM
, " I see u talk so much about the poor like the Jehovah witness but we still have so many poor pple around, u even sell watchtower to same poor pple u so talk about",

No wonder, Now i understand!!. I had said before that any man that excesively campaign for the poor like this must be up to something.
John 12:3-8
Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment. [4] Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him, [5] Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor? [6] This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein. [7] Then said Jesus, Let her alone",

we give to our pastors not because they lack but for our prosperity because of the anointing on them.

Numbers 18:8
And the Lord spake unto Aaron, Behold, I also have given thee the charge of mine heave offerings of all the hallowed things of the children of Israel; unto thee have I given them by reason of the anointing, and to thy sons, by an ordinance for ever.

Thesame things applies to apostle Paul.
Philip. 4:16-19
For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity. [17] Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account. [18] But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God. [19] But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Isaac told Esau he wanted to bless him but Esau should prepare him food before he could bless him why?
BECAUSE OF THE ANOINTING
Genesis 27:4
And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die.

Elijah told the poor widow to give him food first even her last meal so that she can prosper, why?
BECAUSE OF THE ANOINTING

1 Kings 17:13-14
And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son. [14] For thus saith the Lord God of Israel, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the Lord sendeth rain upon the earth.

We give to God ,
we give to the poor
we give for Church project
we must continually give to men of God , so that the anointing upon them bless us more.

My conclusion on the matter is in what Paul said.
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Joagbaje this crap is right from the very pit of hell.If you are one of these criminals I advise you to repent before it is too late.

You twist bible passages to justify criminal activities of charlatans who call themselves men of God
Re: Cheque In The Church by Nobody: 4:59am On Jan 03, 2010
nuella2:

@aisha2 are u a chriatian? which christian talks like this in the bible''chop money pastor'' your heart needs washing and your words are unseasoned. Tell your dad the money he is hiding from God will soon grow wings and fly to the hand of the righteous. Such men buy cars for thier girlfriends but 10naira for God, what a shame!!!
sorry to break your delusional bubble but my Fathers money cannot fly with the wind because all his money is in the right place. He obeys Gods greatest command to love and care for widows and orphans. His money is in a school wholely funded by him for children with physical disabilities and after they graudate, they usually do so with flying colurs and get placements in the best universities which he pays 70% of the fees for them. Now how can such money fly away when he has put it back in the hands of God not in the hands of some thieving Pastor?
May God heal you of massive foolishness
Re: Cheque In The Church by Joagbaje(m): 7:31am On Jan 03, 2010
All you guys need is to get born again first. It will end your Judas kind od anger against giving to God. No explaination can suffice. until you become a new creature ,understainding will come to your hearts.

Re: Cheque In The Church by KunleOshob(m): 8:51am On Jan 03, 2010
aisha2:

sorry to break your delusional bubble but my Fathers money cannot fly with the wind because all his money is in the right place. He obeys Gods greatest command to love and care for widows and orphans. His money is in a school wholely funded by him for children with physical disabilities and after they graudate, they usually do so with flying colurs and get placements in the best universities which he pays 70% of the fees for them. Now how can such money fly away when he has put it back in the hands of God not in the hands of some thieving Pastor?
May God heal you of massive foolishness

If only ten per cent of the pastors/ churches in Nigeria are doing what your dad is doing[which is what they are supposed to do in the first instance] Nigeria would be a much better place to live in and the glory of Christ would truly shine and impact more lives positively and physically.

Joagbaje:

All you guys need is to get born again first. It will end your Judas kind od anger against giving to God. No explaination can suffice. until you become a new creature ,understainding will come to your hearts.

And when you start understanding and obeying the commandments of Jesus, you would realize that giving to God is giving to the poor and the needy and not some greedy lazy pastor who is too laid back to work to earn a decent living. Even apostles paul was working to give to the poor. tongue
Re: Cheque In The Church by nuella2(f): 9:42am On Jan 04, 2010
You guys make me laugh, have u thought of how many children the men of God u insult have? You see only one blow u cannot stand it. Maybe am a daughter of a man of God. Chai, interesting. You dont want to learn i see, read all the scriptures have been quoting and learn. Am not a fool, a fool is the man that says there is no God.
Re: Cheque In The Church by KunleOshob(m): 11:02am On Jan 04, 2010
@nuella
the mistake you are making is that a good number of these men that you consider "man of God" are not truely men of God but rather false teachers. Just beocs a man opens a church and caims to be annointed does not qualify him as a man of God. The bible says we should test all spirits and tby their fruits we shall know them. Going by the fruits so many of them display [love for money] you can tell with almost 100% certainity that they are not genuine men of God. Below are a couple of verses to help you discern:

Matthew 24:5:
5 for many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am annointed.’ They will deceive many.

1 Timothy 6:10:
10 For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evi[/b]l. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.

1 Thessalonians 5:21:
21 but [b]test everything that is said
. Hold on to what is good.
Re: Cheque In The Church by nuella2(f): 11:11am On Jan 04, 2010
@kunleOshob leave the false teachers 4 the judgement says ur master, of course i test all spirits. And i believe what am doing cos is in the scriptures. I believe in giving to the poor and needy like have said b4, to men of God and for the work of God.
Re: Cheque In The Church by mabell: 3:21pm On Jan 04, 2010
KunleOshob:

If only ten per cent of the pastors/ churches in Nigeria are doing what your dad is doing[which is what they are supposed to do in the first instance] Nigeria would be a much better place to live in and the glory of Christ would truly shine and impact more lives positively and physically.

And when you start understanding and obeying the commandments of Jesus, you would realize that giving to God is giving to the poor and the needy and not some greedy lazy pastor who is too laid back to work to earn a decent living. Even apostles paul was working to give to the poor. tongue

@ kunleOshob, NA WA O! u sound so unschooled. firstly 10% of the pastors in this country and over are doing what her dad is doing and much more. before you try to crucify pastors please do a thorough research and not from your obviously unreliable sources.

@ Aisha2 & @ kunleOshob, THE PSALMISTS says in 105 chapter 14: Yet he did not let anyone oppress them.He warned kings on their behalf:
15: “Do not touch these people I have chosen,and do not hurt my prophets.”
touch not with your mouth, your pen, your hands, on the net or in any way @ all
GOD IS TALKING TO YOU
lipsrsealed
Re: Cheque In The Church by tbaba83(m): 3:42pm On Jan 04, 2010
Across my house is the church and a liquor store. As people on my street are getting poorer they getting richer
Re: Cheque In The Church by KunleOshob(m): 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2010
@nuella & mabell
Unfortunately the bible didn't tell us to leave false prophets to the judegement of the father, we were warned to silence them[titus 1:11] cos they are destroying lives and families trough their false teachings, they are also leading people away from their salvation so they must be silenced. Jesus also warned us against false teachers what do you think these warnings are for for us to tolerate them and wait for the master to judege them or for we to flee them and warn other christians about them. A word is enough for the wise.

Matthew 24:4-5:

4 Jesus warned them, “Don’t let anyone mislead you, 5 for many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the annointed.’ They will deceive many.

Titus 1:11:
11 These false teachers must be silenced, because they are turning whole families away from the truth by their false teaching. And they do it only for money.
Re: Cheque In The Church by Joagbaje(m): 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2010
@kunleOshob
Pls stop twisting scriptures. Jesus was answering a Jewish question. And he's not making references to the church. The word "Christ" is a reference to the messiah that the Jews were waiting for. A born again person is anointed , ministers of God are anointed and this is different from the Jews "ANOINTED" which is false christ. You have to be a born again first to understand these terms
Re: Cheque In The Church by KunleOshob(m): 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2010
Joagbaje:

@kunleOshob
Pls stop twisting scriptures. Jesus was answering a Jewish question. And he's not making references to the church. The word "Christ" is a reference to the messiah that the Jews were waiting for. A born again person is anointed , ministers of God are anointed and this is different from the Jews "ANOINTED" which is false christ. You have to be a born again first to understand these terms

I don't twist scriptures as that would be trespassing on the area of core competence of pentecostal pastors tongue So you are suggesting that there are no false teachers in the church today. That would mean in your opinion any man that claims to be a man of God including demons like Rev King are genuine. You better wake up from your delusions that is if you are not a false prophet yourself in which case you would need serous deliverance.
Re: Cheque In The Church by Joagbaje(m): 7:09am On Jan 05, 2010
The bible is clear on how to know false teachers etc : it has to do with their doctrine of salvation what do they profess. Who is christ to you. You are the one acting like a false teacher. You don't have a pastor , You can't understand spiritual things until you're born again ,come out of whatever unspiritual religious organisation .join a living church and submit yourself to a pastor.
Re: Cheque In The Church by Zikkyy(m): 8:14am On Jan 05, 2010
Joagbaje:

join a living church and submit yourself to a pastor.

shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Mad Female Scientist Expressed Her Mind / Mother Mary Appears In Kaduna State. / Even some Non Christians Will Make Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.