Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,512 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP (14600 Views)

El-Rufai Angry With Tinubu For Snubbing Him As Running Mate - Daily Independent / Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 / Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Cannot Be Jonathan’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by Amotolongbo(f): 9:58pm On May 05, 2021
Reno Omokri says Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai doesn’t like former President Goodluck Jonathan because he wasn’t selected as Vice President.

The former presidential aide made the revelation in reaction to El-Rufai’s claim that Jonathan wanted to jail him.

Omokri said El-Rufai was on a self imposed exile during the administration of Umar Yar’adua and returned to Nigeria on May 5, 2010, the day the ex-President died.

He said El-Rufai returned due to his belief that the atmosphere was more conducive for him under Jonathan.

Omokri recalled that six days after his return, El-Rufai visited Jonathan at the State House and held a press conference where he made “unsolicited comments” asking Jonathan to contest the 2011 elections and assured he would support.

“After the then President named Mr. Namadi Sambo as his Vice President, two days later on May 13, 2010, Mr. El-Rufai became very bitter and made plans to leave the Peoples Democratic Party and began to undermine the Jonathan administration.

“In keeping with the Jonathan Doctrine, wherein Dr. Jonathan said “I have no enemies to fight, because of my confidence that people can only do to me what God permits”, the then President refused to move against Mr. El-Rufai.”

Omokri said security reports received by Jonathan indicated that El-Rufai was engaged in provocative activities in order to instigate his own arrest to boost his popularity.

The government critic said the governor made several inciting comments that were injurious to Nigeria’s peace, unity and progress.

He recalled that on September 8, 2014, El-Rufai claimed Jonathan founded and funded Boko Haram to the tune of N50billion to give Islam a bad name.

That on November 25, 2014, El-Rufai told the world that Jonathan traveled to Chad to plan Boko Haram attacks with late President Idriss Deby.

Omokri further mentioned the January 5, 2014 allegation by El-Rufai that he, President Buhari and other prominent Nigerians were on a list of people to be killed by the Jonathan administration,

Noting that the spurious and defamatory statements could have led to his arrest and prosecution, Jonathan took a statesmanly position to ignore them, in order not to heighten the political tension in the country.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/05/05/el-rufai-angry-jonathan-didnt-pick-him-as-vp-omokri/?amp&utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by Yeyeboi05(m): 10:08pm On May 05, 2021
K
Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by EmptyGarden(m): 10:12pm On May 05, 2021
Shun that rhesus monkey! I just need 2 seconds with El Rufai for ring... With both my hands and feet tied... Make i use head boot kpai the bascard!

96 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 05, 2021
I don’t see the need for the response to this man

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by lonecatt(m): 10:24pm On May 05, 2021
Jonathan couldn't have picked a short man as deputy.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by Racoon(m): 10:26pm On May 05, 2021
Fear short people with extremely wicked heart.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by yanabasee1(m): 11:01pm On May 05, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Mynd44 lalasticlala Dominique

El'rufai is never a good politician... He's a greedy politician and cares about his pride and ego more than his personality....

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by ImmaculateJOE(m): 11:24pm On May 05, 2021
He will become more angry by the time Osinbanjo declines to pick him as his running mate come 2023..

But whichever way.... Biafra is Ndigbo best bet.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by ImmaculateJOE(m): 11:27pm On May 05, 2021
EmptyGarden:
Shun that rhesus monkey! I just need 2 seconds with El Rufai for ring... With both my hands and feet tied... Make i use head boot kpai the bascard!
grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by fitzmayowa: 11:29pm On May 05, 2021
So the midget was bittered about not being tapped for VP hence the reason he attacked Jonathan from every angle no wonder every sane politician avoid the ethnic jingoistic midget like a plague....

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by fitzmayowa: 11:32pm On May 05, 2021
Racoon:
Fear short people with extremely wicked heart.

They have a way of wanting to do too much in other for them to be noticed....cheesy grin cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by fitzmayowa: 11:35pm On May 05, 2021
ImmaculateJOE:
He will become more angry by the time Osinbanjo declines to pick him as his running mate come 2023..

If he expects Osinbajo to pick him as VP in 2023 it means he his on a long thing, someone Tinubu and his click dislike so much they're only tolerating him at the moment because of Buhari who is still in power.....

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by adadike(f): 1:42am On May 06, 2021
Fear short people o
Mbaka and El rufire should be used as case study

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by HRMK: 4:31am On May 06, 2021
OYA,ELRUFAI,THESE ARE STRONG ALLEGATIONS,U NEED TO URGENTLY DEFEND URSELF!
Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by SmartPolician: 5:44am On May 06, 2021
Someone should tell Reno Omokri to move on; Jonathan already has.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by descarado: 5:57am On May 06, 2021
SmartPolician:
Someone should tell Reno Omokri to move on; Jonathan already has.

What you don't know is that Reno is still the image maker of Jonathan. There is nothing concerning Jonathan that Reno will release to the public without his knowledge.
And he is doing a perfect job.

Without Reno, I'm sure the likes of you will still be throwing missiles on Jonathan.

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by descarado: 6:00am On May 06, 2021
yanabasee1:

El'rufai is never a good politician... He's a greedy politician and cares about his pride and ego more than his personality....
He is worst than Buhari.
An extremist to the core. A very unhappy one.

Had Jonathan crippled their wings as Buhari is doing now, maybe, he will still be in exile

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by greatiyk4u(m): 6:07am On May 06, 2021
Is there anything wrong with wanting to be a VP?

Life na hustle and struggle especially in politics,

Go getters are die hard men with optimism

Isn't El Rufai better positioned than Remo today?

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by Alejobs: 6:13am On May 06, 2021
shocked
Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by Built2last: 6:13am On May 06, 2021
More like it
Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by helinues: 6:14am On May 06, 2021
Reno Lieneus

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by kikienitam: 6:14am On May 06, 2021
Elerufai the desperado, I'm sure he wants to be VP in 2023 too.
Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by dgang: 6:15am On May 06, 2021
Two types of people to fear in life.

1 a hairy woman
2 a short person

When you deal with these types use a loooooong spoon.

11 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by Drsnives(m): 6:15am On May 06, 2021
Abeg you people to allow jona to rest, haba he is no longer in power ABI is he the cause of insecurities in the country?

I foresee hellrufi dying a slow and painful death
This I have seen

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by Nobody: 6:16am On May 06, 2021
Hmmn.

And all these coming from elrufai himself, the apostle of hate speech.
Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by Drsnives(m): 6:18am On May 06, 2021
EmptyGarden:
You don't even need to lift any finger to crush that midget

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:19am On May 06, 2021
Jonathan took a statesmanly position to ignore them, in order not to heighten the political tension in the country.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by fixedhollies(m): 6:21am On May 06, 2021
Nigeria politics is deep, thanks to Reno coming out with facts. Elrufai is still eyeing that position till date.

6 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: El-Rufai Angry Jonathan Didn’t Pick Him As VP by Ayemileto(m): 6:21am On May 06, 2021
Omokri said security reports received by Jonathan indicated that El-Rufai was engaged in provocative activities in order to instigate his own arrest to boost his popularity.

angry

If he truly said all those things he was quoted as saying, then Jonathan's government really tried not arresting.

They did well not to fall for his tricks.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Arrives Campaign Venue In Kebbi, Welcomed By Crowd Of Supporters (Pictures / Readout Of Joe Biden’s Engagement With President Tinubu / Body Of Senior Advocates Of Nigeria Backs NBA Position On Corrupt Judges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.