Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,498 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) (33407 Views)

Florence Ajimobi Presenting Flowers To Adeyinka Adebayo In 1966 (Throwback Photo / Aregbesola Hands Over Corpse Of Adeyinka Adebayo To Fayose (Photos) / Burial Of Late General Adeyinka Adebayo (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by ontolegit(m): 11:35am On Mar 08, 2017
Former Western Region Governor General Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead

One of Nigeria's oldest retired military officers, General Adeyinka Adebayo has died. The Ekiti-born former governor of Nigeria's defunct Western region died today in his sleep according to family sources. General Adebayo was aged 89.

More details later...

http://saharareporters.com/2017/03/08/former-western-region-governor-general-adeyinka-adebayo-dead

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by arsenic33(m): 11:36am On Mar 08, 2017
RIP
2nd FTC....
Dedicated to all the good people of EKITI STATE

5 Likes

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by ufuosman(m): 11:39am On Mar 08, 2017
RIP
Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 11:42am On Mar 08, 2017
R.I.P cry
Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by Owamudia: 11:43am On Mar 08, 2017
RIP
Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by kingzizzy: 11:44am On Mar 08, 2017
He took over after Fajuyi was slaughtered by the Northeners.

Who was one of the few officers of the time who came out with his intergrity intact

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by Suurulere(m): 11:50am On Mar 08, 2017
He was 88. He would have been 89 tomorrow. He was entirely against the Nigeria Civil War.

"I need not tell you what horror, what devastation and what extreme human suffering will attend the use of force.
When it is all over and the smoke and dust have lifted, and the dead are buried, we shall find, as other people have found, that it has all been futile, entirely futile, in solving the problems we set out to solve." - General Adeyinka Adebayo, 1967.

He also implored Gowon to let Ojukwu break away with Biafra.
His first son, Otunba Niyi Adebayo was the first executive governor of Ekiti State between 1999-2003.

Rest on Sir.

61 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by kingzizzy: 12:07pm On Mar 08, 2017
My only criticism of him was that as a signatory to the Aburi agreement, he should have spoken up for the western Region when Gowon broke the Agreement by dissolving the 4 Regions and creating 12 states. General Adebayo was senior to Gowon. It is unfortunate that he, along with the Yoruba nation, just could never stand up to Northerners. Adebayo, as Military Governor of the Western Region did not sleep in Government House because he was scared that he might be killed like Fajuyi. A Yoruba man who could not sleep in his official residence in his own land out of fright of the Northerners!

Tufiakwa!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Mar 08, 2017
Fayose sef embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed sad sad sad sad sad

Which means that Buhari would call the family of the deceased and also call Fayose sad sad sad

5 Likes

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by Jabioro: 12:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
Good night Papa..

2 Likes

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by FlyoruB: 12:12pm On Mar 08, 2017
kingzizzy:
My only criticism of him was that as a signatory to the Aburi agreement, he should have spoken up for the western Region when Gowon broke the Agreement by dissolving the 4 Regions and creating 12 states. General Adebayo was senior to Gowon. It is unfortunate that he, along with the Yoruba nation, just could never stand up to Northerners. Adebayo, as Military Governor of the Western Region did not sleep in Government House because he was scared that he might be killed like Fajuyi. A Yoruba man who could not sleep in his official residence in his own land out of fright of the Northerners!

Tufiakwa!

Needless sermonising. Your opinion or so-called 'criticism' ain't worth diddly squat, even though you're entitled to it.

RIP to the general.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by auntysimbiat(f): 12:33pm On Mar 08, 2017
Major General Adeyinka Adebayo dies at 89 , He's Former governor of the now defunct Western State of Nigeria

R.I.P

http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2017/03/major-general-adeyinka-adebayo-dies-at.html

1 Like

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by shukuokukobambi: 12:54pm On Mar 08, 2017
kingzizzy:

Tufiakwa!

cheesy cheesy cheesy the eternal chest beating clown is here again.

If Adebayo committed a crime by not sleeping in his house, how will you categorise ojukwu for running away from a country he formed because of the fear of adekunle and obasanjo? cheesy

A whole gburugburu of the chest beaters running not just from his house, but from the country he founded? Tufiakwa!! cheesy

Keep up with your dance of shame. The joke will always be on you cheesy

81 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by Jetleeee: 12:57pm On Mar 08, 2017
kingzizzy:

Tufiakwa!

I knew one of you flat-headed, unfortunate, dusty red-mud clowns would be here. E dey una body

Shitgbo!!!

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by kingzizzy: 1:00pm On Mar 08, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

cheesy cheesy cheesy the eternal chest beating clown is here again.

If Adebayo committed a crime by not sleeping in his house, how will you categorise ojukwu for running away from a country he formed because of the fear of adekunle and obasanjo? cheesy

A whole gburugburu of the chest beaters running not just from his house, but from the country he founded? Tufiakwa!! cheesy

Keep up with your dance of shame. The joke will always be on you cheesy

At least Ojukwu fought 3 years before running away. Compare that to Adebayo, Ogundipe and Obasunjo. 3 Yoruba military leaders who surrendered to Northerners not only without a fight, but without an atom of protest.

They should have tried fighting to at least get to Ojukwus stage.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by laudate: 1:07pm On Mar 08, 2017
Suurulere:
He was 88. He would have been 89 tomorrow. He was entirely against the Nigeria Civil War.

"I need not tell you what horror, what devastation and what extreme human suffering will attend the use of force.
When it is all over and the smoke and dust have lifted, and the dead are buried, we shall find, as other people have found, that it has all been futile, entirely futile, in solving the problems we set out to solve." - General Adeyinka Adebayo, 1967.

He also implored Gowon to let Ojukwu break away with Biafra.
His first son, Otunba Niyi Adebayo was the first executive governor of Ekiti State between 1999-2003.

Rest on Sir.

Yes. That grand, old man named Adebayo was the voice of reason. He tried to warn Ojukwu not to tread the path of war, because it would be futile. And he was right. Rest in peace sir.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by kingzizzy: 1:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
laudate:

Yes. That grand, old man named Adebayo was the voice of reason. He tried to warn Ojukwu not to tread the path of war, because it would be futile. And he was right. Rest in peace sir.

Adebayo was at Aburi, why didnt he warn Gowon about threading the path of war as well? Or is it only Ojukwu who needs advice?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by laudate: 1:16pm On Mar 08, 2017
kingzizzy:
Adebayo was at Aburi, why didnt he warn Gowon about threading the path of war as well? Or is it only Ojukwu who needs advice?

Ojukwu was the one who declared secession, not Gowon. sad Secession was a prelude to war. He was warned about his actions, but chose to turn his back on such warnings. From Zik and other African leaders, to Adebayo and different people from the West, Ojukwu had no shortage of good advice, but he chose not to listen. And it cost him dearly... sad

I do not have time to school you today, as I am rather busy. So just conduct a search on Google and try to read up the facts. undecided

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by shukuokukobambi: 1:26pm On Mar 08, 2017
kingzizzy:

At least Ojukwu fought 3 years before running away. Compare that to Adebayo, Ogundipe and Obasunjo. 3 Yoruba military leaders who surrendered to Northerners not only without a fight, but without an atom of protest.

They should have tried fighting to at least get to Ojukwus stage.

Ohk, I get it now. They should have wasted 3,million tribesmen like ojukwu before applying common sense? cheesy

Only idiotic cowards push their tribesmen into a battle they're doomed to lose while 'wisely' avoiding their immediate relatives involvement in the whole madness cheesy

Or you want to tell me there was no single male in ojukwu's family to fight in the war? You can keep celebrating him for wasting 3millionof your ancestors while still coming back to partner with their killers cheesy

Obasanjo surrendered to nobody. Rather the entire biafran project went to bow before OBJ as the leader of the conquering army. Ogundipe avoided a stupid shot at ephemeral power. If only aguiyi was half as sensible cheesy

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by shukuokukobambi: 1:29pm On Mar 08, 2017
kingzizzy:

You should ask who stood to lose more. I always say you guys think with your fists rather than your head that's why you missed this wisdom from Jesus Christ cheesy

Luke 14:31-32 KJV
Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand? [32] Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.

A sensible general will avoid a war he stood to lose but then, we're talking about the eternal chest beaters here... cheesy

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by laudate: 1:31pm On Mar 08, 2017
shukuokukobambi:
You should ask who stood to lose more. I always say you guys think with your fists that's why you missed this wisdom from the Jesus Christ cheesy

Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand? [32] Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.

A sensible general will avoid a war he stood to lose but then, we're talking about the eternal chest beaters cheesy

ROFLMAO!! cheesy

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by shukuokukobambi: 1:36pm On Mar 08, 2017
laudate:

ROFLMAO!! cheesy

Their misery na real laughing matter cheesy

Just imagine? cheesy

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by scholes23(m): 2:09pm On Mar 08, 2017
RIP. I pray God will grant you and other faithful departed eternal rest in His kingdom where He lives and reigns forever. Amen

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by Christane: 2:09pm On Mar 08, 2017
R.I.P GENERAL YOU HAVE FOUGHT A GOOD FIGHT IN LIFE ...MAY U REST IN PERFECT PEACE ...AMEN ...GOD BLESS UR SOUL ...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by berrystunn(m): 2:10pm On Mar 08, 2017
Ko
Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by MrGreenMavro: 2:10pm On Mar 08, 2017
angry angry angry angry
Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by scholes23(m): 2:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
laudate:

ROFLMAO!! cheesy
This is my prayer for you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by Larryfest(m): 2:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
Sun ree aaba......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by RockHard: 2:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

You should ask who stood to lose more. I always say you guys think with your fists rather than your head that's why you missed this wisdom from Jesus Christ cheesy

A sensible general will avoid a war he stood to lose but then, we're talking about the eternal chest beaters here... cheesy

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by NMotorwerks: 2:12pm On Mar 08, 2017
Have a wonderful rest and good night.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) by Eledan: 2:13pm On Mar 08, 2017
Rest in peace Sir.
Thank you for the thing you gave me, I will forever be indebted.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Folashodun Adebisi Shonubi As New CBN Deputy Governor / MC Oluomo Recounts How He Survived, After Being Stabbed At APC Rally In Lagos / 2023: Atiku Visits Bukola Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.